Love Thaws: Melting

Par ElizabethNewsom

Three years have passed since Elsa was taken, since Jack vowed to find her. Both of them change over the cour... Plus

Men Don't Blush
Memories Best Forgotten
A Good Night's Sleep
A New Name
A New Home
Trust
What Could Never Be
Red Roses
Fear of Melting
A Monster
Into Her Heart
I'm Fine
Lavender
Warmth
Inevitable
Protective
Damsel in Distress
Fearless
Ever Changing
Hide N' Seek
Grieving
My Sunshine
Warmer
An Adventure
Will You Be My Snowflake?
Captive
Visiting Elsewhere
The Same Sister
Never Let Go
Pain
Longing
Loving Him Back
Clueless
Dependent
Soft and Sweet
Mashed Potatoes
Uncontrollable Emotions
The Past is in the Past
Cold
Hopeless
Good Bye
Control
Unintentionally
With All of My Heart
Peppermint-Flavored Kisses
Silent Vows and Unspoken Promises
Can Run, Can't Hide
Buried
Turning Tables
Dying Embers
Optimistic
A Better Idea
Surrounded
Barely Breathing
Critical
Too Late
The Ice Queen's Gambit
Nostalgia
Please Don't Take My Sunshine Away
Gone
Love Thaws
Acknowledgments

A New Job

467 44 4
Par ElizabethNewsom

Elsa heard the sound of ice clanking against glass. Her eyes fluttered open and she saw Jack at the ice dispenser, built in to the fridge.

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you." Elsa shrugged and laid back down. Jack finished his water and walked towards her. He finally stopped next to the couch, towering over her. It made Elsa feel small, so she sat up. "Would you like to sleep on the bed?"

Elsa felt her body stiffen. Now that they were home would they... would he—Elsa frantically shook her head, pulling her knees up so she could hug them protectively.

Jack cleared his throat. "Elsa... I'd never hurt you. I-I wouldn't even... touch you without your permission." He shyly rubbed the back of his neck. He squirmed a moment in embarrassment. "Please?"

Elsa curled her hands into a fist and uncurled them indecisively. Jack offered his hand to her and, on a sudden impulse, she placed her petite hand in his larger one, surprising both of them. Jack gently helped her off of the couch, leading her to the master bedroom. And, true to his word, he didn't make any contact with her besides holding her hand. He peeled back the covers and stopped.

"D-do you have anything you want to change into?"

"I, uh, don't have any pajamas or anything."

Jack combed his fingers through his already tousled hair. "I bought some stuff. Not a lot though, because I wasn't sure about your size." He eyed her petite frame. "I think they're all too big."

Elsa shrugged. "I don't mind."

Jack gestured to the walk-in closet. "They're over there. And there's a tooth brush for you in the bathroom." Jack seemed uncharacteristically shy.

Elsa nodded and walked into the walk-in closet. After all, that's what they were for. She snatched a pair of shorts and a t-shirt from the shelf before going into the bathroom. She changed quickly, combing out her hair with a thick-bristled brush she'd found on the counter. Elsa brushed her teeth and rinsed her mouth before going back to the bedroom. 

Jack was already lying down. She crawled into the bed, pulling the thick covers over her. Jack placed a hand on her waist and Elsa bristled at his touch. Sensing her reluctance, he pulled away. Elsa relaxed into the cushions. The mattress was so soft, Elsa was afraid it's swallow her whole. Her eyes drifted closed and her breathing evened out. After another hour or so, she felt Jack's hand on her waist again as he pulled her body flush against his own. Elsa remained lax. Jack wrapped a strong arm around her waist and buried his head into her hair.

"Good night, Elsa," he whispered.

And for once, Elsa let him hold her, though he probably thought she was asleep. Elsa indulged in the silly fantasy that his arms around her could protect her from everything. The thought amused her. If anything, his arms would more likely hurt her. The thought saddened Elsa, but she could always pretend. At least for tonight.

XXXXXXXX

"So, Ms. Elsa, what hours can you work?"

"I'm available anytime, though preferably not at night," she responded coolly.

"And have you had any experience with waitressing prior?"

"No, ma'm."

The interviewer shoved her glasses up her nose. "How are you with people?"

Elsa decided a white-lie wouldn't kill her. "Very well."

"How are you with multi-tasking?"

"I can multi-task well."

"How about converting change?"

"Yes, ma'm. I'm very good with change."

"Do you have any medical conditions?"

"No, ma'm." Unless you counted ice-powers.

"And you realize you'll be on your feet a lot, don't you?"

"Yes, ma'm."

The woman hummed and flipped through a few sheets of paper. "Now, do you have any questions?"

"What hours would you have me work?"

The woman stroked her chin. "From 8am to 4pm. Anything else?"

"No, ma'm."

"Well, everything seems to be in order. Why don't I introduce you to the employees and we'll show you the ropes."

"Francine!"

"Yes, ma'm?" A waitress poked her head into the room. She had flawless, olive-tinted skin and smooth, brown hair styled into a cute bob, with a Hello Kitty beret shoved through her hair and beautiful brown eyes with perfectly winged eyeliner. She briefly reminded Elsa of Jessica.

"Show Elsa around, wouldn't you?"

"Certainly. Nice to meet you, Elsa." Elsa had her hand out, but the woman opted for a warm embrace, which Elsa hesitantly returned. "So, guess I'm showing you around."

Elsa found Francine to be thoughtful, yet talkative. She was generally optimistic, bouncy, and happy-go-lucky. She moved quickly and Elsa had difficulty keeping up, though Francine was more petite than Elsa was. 

She introduced her to several co-workers. Ted had scruffy brown hair and a slight acne problem, though he was in college. He was boisterous, sarcastic, and often funny without trying to be. Janet had high, arching, tattooed eyebrows with a shock of vibrant red hair. She was very sweet, despite her incredibly frizzy and messy ponytail. Charlie was stout with leathery, tanned skin and rough hands. He had cropped black hair and, despite his beady black eyes, had a very outgoing, charismatic disposition. James had awful teeth and an unfortunate haircut, his jet-black hair hanging in front of his eyes. He had a skinny, awkward frame and eyes so pale Elsa couldn't tell whether they were green or blue. He was the most quiet of the employees. And the few times he did speak, he often used quotes, riddles, and the occasional pun. 

Adam was the best-looking, as far as men went, but his personality canceled out his ebony waves and stormy gray eyes. His sneer canceled out his ripped body and strong jawline. Elsa didn't learn much about him. Alicia believed in 'the simple things of life' and had a particular affinity for opera singing. She had liquid gold blond hair, pulled into a cute, messy bun and vibrant green eyes, occasionally flickering with sadness. She was a single mom with three kids in elementary school and a teenage daughter. Mia was rather plain with pale skin and rusty brown hair, hanging in a limp ponytail, void of volume. She was a buxom woman, the only color on her face was her rosy cheeks, and was rather shy. She was younger than Elsa and loved skateboarding. They were a few more employees, but Francine assured Elsa she'd meet them later.

She told Elsa to always come in a collared, button-up, white shirt and black pants. She handed Elsa a medium blue apron, showing her the secret to tying it quickly and tightly. Elsa glanced down at the apron, the IHOP label sewn on the bottom. Then Francine wrote Elsa a list of food abbreviations and little memory tricks. She was to have her own portion of tables, where she'd seat people. The adult menus were over there and the kids' menus were right next to it. There were packets of crayons in the cabinets. And she was to never ever neglect the drinks. They needed constantly refilling with all the thick, buttery, fat-saturated pancakes the people were consuming. 

Elsa even help Francine with a few orders. She got the drinks and menus, but Francine got the orders. Elsa hustled and bustled. She cleared the tables of plates, piling everything into a big black bin, which she put by the sink. She pulled out an old rag and swiped at the tables, though she felt uneasy about using the same rag without cleaning it for all of the tables. 

Her work ended after a few hours when Francine said she could go home, but to come bright and early tomorrow. Elsa jogged back to the house, sending barbs of pain up her leg with every step. She couldn't ever remember being on her feet so much. They ached, as if the skin on them had been stretched too tight. Elsa fumbled for the key in her pocket and unlocked the door, slamming it shut behind her. She only got as far as the living room before she fell to the ground. Elsa didn't bother getting up. The ground underneath her was rather comfortable to lie on.

"Elsa?"

Her eyes fluttered open. She figured she'd drifted off to sleep.

"Why are you on the floor?"

Elsa groaned.

"Rough day?" Without waiting for an answer, he swept her into his arms. Elsa was too tired to stiffen. Her body was limp in Jack's arms. He carried her to their room, placing her gently on the bed and tugging off her shoes. He gently untied her apron and hung it on the doorknob. "You know, you really don't need to work. I already have the money I need to pay for everything."

Elsa moaned. They'd already talked about this.

Jack sighed. "Fine, if you want to do this to yourself, I won't stop you." He cast a glance towards Elsa, lying limply on the bed. "Though I'm sorely tempted," he muttered. He disappeared out of the room. A moment later, he returned with a bowl of chocolate ice cream.

Elsa raised her eyebrows.

"What? Don't tell me you don't like ice cream anymore."

Elsa snatched the bowl. "Don't be ridiculous," she scoffed. 

Jack laughed as Elsa lifted up a heaping spoonful. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

152K 3.3K 39
"I.. i don't know what to do anymore," Jack said as he looked back and forth between the two woman standing before him, "I love you both equally" ...
3.2K 160 31
During a mission in Pitch's lair, the guardians find a girl. She was being kept prisoner but why? What did Pitch want with her? Can Jack gain her tru...
12.2K 336 26
What if Manny and his wife had a beautiful child that had the powers of ice and snow? How do you think Jack Frost will take it? Will he like her or d...
912K 20.5K 56
Elsa did not know who Jack Frost was. But that is about to change when our adventurous hero searches fun in the Kingdom of Arendelle, meets the queen...