Plunged into Darkness (blind...

By myspecialworlds

ELIZABETH : Six years ago there was a horrible accident. Unfortunately my parents did not survive, but I did... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 5

37.3K 1K 70
By myspecialworlds

Elizabeth

I looked around, trying to figure out where I was. The sounds tipped me off before the sights, since that’s what I was used to. I was near some popular shops in town. Outside of one of Jenna’s favorite clothing stores to be exact.

A man walked by in front of me, walking his dog. The dog stopped for a second, shaking and making its collar jingle. The man patted the dog’s head then they were off again. Some boy rode by on a skateboard, dressed in neon colored clothes, and stopped nearby to greet some friends rather enthusiastically.

Across the street I noticed one of the girls from school walking down the sidewalk. I’d never actually seen her before and wouldn’t of realized who she was except that I recognized the jewelry she was wearing. It made the weirdest sounds when she walked.

It was dark out and she must have been heading home from work. I’d heard her talking about it before. She always got off late and took this short cut through a few alleyways so she could get home quicker. The girl took a quick look around then ducked into the alley across the street.

I was about to walk away, try to find out what I was doing here, when one guy caught my eye. He had dark hair the hung into his eyes and he was definitely a ten. He looked just like what Jenna had described. A cool breeze blew through and I caught the scent of his cologne. This had to be Chance, had to be.

His eyes were like pools of darkness and almost had a glow to them as he slowly walked down the sidewalk, a small smirk on his face. It was just like I imagined it.

Talk about intense stares. His gaze was fixed on the girl, never leaving her as he weaved through the crowd. There was just something incredibly creepy about it all, like he was stalking her . . . hunting her.

His grin widened as she stepped into the alley and he quickly followed her. It only took a few seconds for a small, muffled scream to echo in my sensitive ears. Without thinking, I hurried across the street and into the alley.

I heard some odd sounds I couldn’t quite place and walked farther into the shadows. When I finally saw them, I stopped dead in my tracks. Chance was holding the girl close to him, his face to her neck, and it looked like if he wasn’t holding her up, she’d just fall to the ground, too weak to stand.

My eyes widened as I noticed a stream of blood running down her neck and down her arm. I stumbled back and ran into a trashcan, making a rather loud noise. Chance’s head slowly lifted, his eyes glowing, and two sharp fangs hanging down, dripping blood.

I sat straight up in bed, a hand over my heart as I tried to calm down. Dreams were always such a weird thing to me. Usually, I immediately knew if I was dreaming though, because I could actually see in my dreams. Well, most of them anyway. So I was used to dreams always feeling odd, but this one was even weirder. It all seemed so real and so important. And so creepy . . . was that really what Chance looked like? If so, how could I of possibly know that? Jenna’s descriptions weren’t that good. No way would I be able to dream of Chance looking exactly like he did in real life.

A hand grabbed my arm and I jumped a foot, letting out a small scream.

“It’s okay!” Jenna said quickly, sitting up beside me and letting go of my arm. “It’s just me. Bad dream?”

I nodded quickly. “Really creepy one.”

“Well you’re okay now, and I promise you there’s no one else in the room that’s going to get you.”

I smiled and she laid back down.

“Hey Jen?” I asked quietly.

“Mm?”

“Does Chance have . . . really dark eyes . . . and a thin, oval face?”

The blankets moved as she sat up part of the way. “Yeah . . . how’d you know that?”

“Just a lucky guess. We should get back to sleep.”

I laid down, rolling over to face the other way. This was really freaky now. The guy in my dream had been Chance, and I pictured him perfectly, even though I’d never seen him before. Obviously. I closed my eyes and tried to get some more sleep, telling myself it was just a dream.

Jenna and I had fun running around the house all day listening to music, watching movies, gossiping, doing each other’s nails (well, she actually did both our nails). I even found it entertaining listening to Jenna attempt to flirt with Jack, who would just stare at her blankly, according to Jenna, then leave the room.

But we did everything we possibly could around the house and by that evening we were bored again. So what do two teenage girls do when they’re bored? They go shopping.

Shopping was really more of Jenna’s thing than mine, it’s not so fun when you can’t see all the cool clothes and accessories, but it was still something to do. I actually had fun following her around, listening to descriptions of the newest clothes.

It was great, except for one thing; Jenna, by some weird coincidence, always picked the most crowded stores. By the time we made it to her favorite shop on the street, I was past annoyed.  

When there are lots of people bumping around and making lots of noise, it’s hard for me to focus and keep up with what’s going on. To be honest, it really freaks me out after awhile. At times like that, someone could grab me or something and I’d have no clue what was going on, who it was, or where we were going.

So needless to say, I had to get some air. I left Jenna to browse and told her I’d meet her out front. It was much better outside, more open and not so crowded. I took a deep breath and slowly let it out.

I heard someone walking by and stepped back against the building, making sure they had enough room to get by. I smiled, hearing the dog’s nails clink against the concrete sidewalk. Wonder what kind of dog it is. The dog stopped in front of me, shaking and making its collar jingle like crazy, then kept on walking as a man mumbled kind words to him.

 Then I heard a skateboarder go by and got an odd déjà vu feeling. I turned my head and listened closely, waiting. Soon, the sound of the skateboard wheels stopped as some teenage boys greeted each other rather enthusiastically. Where had I heard this before? It was all so familiar.

My ears then picked up a sound that I heard daily; the odd jingle of that one girl’s weird jewelry, and it was coming from across the street. No way, it couldn’t possibly be . . . this is exactly like what I dreamt! It had to be a coincidence. Had to be.

I then froze as the wind blew and carried the scent of a very familiar cologne my way. Chance. My heart pounded and I knew I had to do something, anything. If this was happening just like my dream, then I couldn’t let it end the same way. That girl, although odd, didn’t deserve to die!

I raced across the street, making several cars screech to a halt and honk their horns, but I didn’t care at the moment; I had a life to save. I put a hand out in front of me, hurrying after the sound of the odd jewelry and hoping my ears were right.

Moments later I bumped into the girl, just before she walked into the alley. “Sorry!” I said quickly, standing up straight. “Oh hey, I know you! We go to school together.”

“Uh, yeah,” she said, taking a step back.

“You usually go down these alleyways to get home, right?”

“Uh huh.” I could tell she was starting to get a little weirded out. I don’t blame her.  If some girl I never talked to came running over and bumped into me, at night,  then started knowing things about me that I’d never personally told her, I’d be pretty freaked too.

“I thought I heard you say that to someone once.” I nodded then tried to look less like a weird stalker. “Well I hear they’re doing construction down there, so you can’t get through.”

“Awww, really?”

“Yep,” I nodded. “It’s all closed down, they won’t let anyone through.”

“Dang it!” she exclaimed, sounding frustrated. “Then I’ll have to take the long way around. Thanks for the heads up.”

I nodded and waved as I listened to her walking away down the sidewalk. I let out a sigh of relief and took a step back then immediately wished I hadn’t. When I moved back, I bumped into somebody, somebody who then grabbed hold of my arms and held me there.

My heart picked up a few paces and I started struggling to get away, moving back and forth, trying to yank my arms away, and kicking backwards at whoever it was.

“Let me go!” I screamed.

He chuckled behind me. “Relax sweetheart, it’s just me.” His cologne wafted up my nose at the same time he spoke. Somehow, I wasn’t comforted by knowing who it was.

“Let me go Chance!”

“What’s go you all worked up?” He asked, leaning his head toward my neck. The ending of my dream flashed through my head; Chance biting into the girl’s neck with long, sharp fangs. I immediately jumped away from him. No way was he going to kill me instead!

Chance

Elizabeth jumped away from me, her heart racing. She was acting more nervous than usual. I’d even say she seemed fearful. Though her heart hadn’t been beating nearly this fast until I leaned close to her neck. And she ran off my dinner, desperate to get that girl to not go into the alley, where I had been planning on draining her dry. But it was all a coincidence, right? Because there was no way Elizabeth could know anything about me, right?  

I smirked. “You seem more jumpy than usual, Lizzy.”

“Well,” she crossed her arms, “how do you expect me to act when some creeper, thinking he’s all cool with his ACDC shirt and white studded belt, comes up and grabs me then-“

“Whoa, wait a minute,” I glanced down at my shirt and belt, then back up at her. “How did you know what I’m wearing? You’re supposed to be blind.”

She froze for a minute, and if she wasn’t wearing those stupid sunglasses, at night I might add, I’m sure I would have seen her eyes grow wide.

“I am blind. Can’t see a thing.”

But she somehow knew what I was wearing? And knew that something would happen to that other girl if she went down the alley. What was going on here?

“You know, there’s no construction anywhere on this side of town.” I took a few steps closer to her. “You lied to that other girl, why?”

“Oh um,” she stumbled backwards a few steps. “My mistake, I thought there was.”

“You knew very well there wasn’t.” I reached out and grabbed her arm, pulling her closer to me. She frantically pulled at my hand, trying to make me let go. I leaned in close to her. “What exactly do you know?”

Her heart sounded like it was about to beat right out of her chest. “I don’t know what you’re talking about!” She was lying, I could tell.

 I smirked, letting her go and standing up straight. “Well my apologies then. Why don’t you let me take you to dinner to make it up to you for being so rude.”

“No thank you,” she shook her head quickly. “I’m not hungry.”

“For a walk then.”

She turned her head back and forth, listening. “Can’t, I’m here with a friend. She’ll wonder where I am. I’ve got to go. Bye!”

With that, she raced back across the street. I smirked, watching her closely. There was definitely something very odd about this girl, and I wanted to know what. No way was I letting her go that easily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104 4 18
In a world where Vampire's command, human have to live by the rules they've made. Vampires farm humans like animals. They made a political format, fo...
10.5K 674 39
I stood in the mirror and I no longer saw myself, the girl who looked back at me was now broken, damaged and her innocence was robbed. My powers inst...
6.4K 271 24
So here's the gist. I had a fairly normal life living in a church with my dad in England. Key word: Had. Suddenly he says that we have to move to J...
1.2M 29.1K 23
He was afraid of the storms in her eyes, but somehow, they were meant to be. [ warning: my writing was a complete disaster in 2013. read at your own...