Half Bad //l.s

By thegayerthebetter

Harry was destined to be evil; it was in his blood. Harry was destined to kill; it was in his blood. But dest... More

Auther note
Intro.
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 15

146 7 4
By thegayerthebetter

chapter 15 - Harry

The force that billowed from Louis was nearly unbearable, causing my fingernails to dig into the dirt just to keep myself grounded as Marcus flew off of me, smacking into a tree roughly. I can't quite process what just happened, my lips only parting in dire shock as I slowly look up to glance at Louis. He's staring at his own hands, not believing the incredible power had just come from him.

Noticing most of Marcus' fighters were now retreating, half of them nearly dead from hitting tree trunks so hard, or from falling harshly to the ground from Louis' immense force. I blinked a few times, trying to absorb each aspect into my brain as to what just happened, but my vision is blurred from the tears that formed from the strong wind smacking into me.

The clearing is nearly empty when I finally get to my feet, my eyes darting to find our group still in one piece, many motionless corpses lying beneath their feet. But I don't focus on their killing abilities; I focus on Louis. Studying his face again and again to depict a change of emotion, but he's just as bewildered as me.

My heart began to pound rapidly against my ribcage, the awful realization flooding me like being drowned in a rough ocean on a day far too cold to go swimming. The air feels as if it's been pulverized from my lungs, compressing together to create choked sounds that leave my lips along with my erratic breaths. I don't want to believe it, but I know it's the ugly truth.

Louis is a White Witch.

It's the only rational conclusion I can conjure considering he has a bracelet to specifically protect him from Black Witches, and now he comes out with this gracious power no one knew he was capable of. Part of me wanted to feel proud for him, just because he finally knows he's more than able to do extraordinary things. But another part of me wished I never would've seen what just happened.

Because now two things stand in the way of me being with Louis.

Not being able to touch him is hard enough as it is, but now I can't even legally be with him. If the Council were to find out about a relationship we may or may not gain, we'd both be imprisoned. Even worse, we'd both be sentenced to death. It's part of the reason I believe Marcus killed my mother for; he didn't want to get caught. I may be half and half, but I know evil will always overpower the good, because I simply have none in me. And if I did, where the hell is it?

Louis' eyes finally tore away from his hands as his head jerked up in my direction, worry and exhilaration filling his bright blue eyes as if he were unsure of how to feel at this point in time. And as much as I wanted to be happy for him, I just couldn't bring myself to even fake a smile.

Before we can all hover Louis and ask questions, my mind wandered back to the fact that Marcus hadn't been killed. I snapped my head in the direction he thudded against the tree, my eyes bulging out the sockets when he began to stand up, but no way in hell was I leaving Louis.

Jessie seemed to catch my worry glance and, surprisingly enough, he nodded in acknowledgment before running towards him. Marcus took off, Jessie hot on his trail and I could only pray that he'd catch that son of a bitch.

"Oh fuck," Zayn breathed out beside me, catching my attention.

As if my eyes weren't wide enough, they practically popped when I noticed Louis had his palms facing the sky from when he was looking at them, but now a misty fog hovered over his hands, twirling aimlessly around but staying within reach of him. His cautious eyes looked to me, of all people. He was scared, I could tell by the way his body trembled ever so slightly, his blue eyes glossing over.

"It's all right, Lou," I tried to assure him, but I wasn't even convincing myself. I knew with one little movement that mist in his palms could come barreling at someone and we had no idea what it was capable of. "Just... don't move, yeah? Can you slowly close your hands?"

Louis sucked in a sharp breath, his shaking fingers gradually curling as he went to make his hands into fists. All of us watched cautiously, prepared to dodge any attack thrown unintentionally. But the mist slowly began to fade as Louis pinched his eyes shut, his hands now in tight fists as if he were scared they'd explode with another unknown power deep inside him.

"You can open your eyes, Louis."

As soon as those beautiful blue eyes snapped open, that's all it took for the boys to start cheering, congratulating him on his new discovery. I wanted to include myself in the praising, but I couldn't find the courage to do so. Why can't I just be with someone without complications? I don't like thinking about it, but sometimes I ponder what life would be like without Louis. I'd definitely have a clear head and steel heart, but he's gradually twisting both of those into foggy memories.

While the boys are upraising Louis, I decided to back away just a bit. I kept an eye on them from time to time, but thankfully Jessie was coming out of the woods, completely breathless and empty handed. I stalked over to him, eyebrows raised expectantly as I waited for some sort of declaration that Marcus was gone.

Jessie shook his head, his erratic breaths turning into pants as he stammered out, "He got away... He was too quick."

Heaving both hands through my hair, I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth and gnawed furiously.

Now Marcus knows our location.

Now Marcus knows Louis could be more than an ordinary sidekick.

Now Marcus knows he's even capable of helping him conquer the world.

***

The back door is gently pushed open somewhere near one in the morning. It's been hours since Louis' discovery, but I've managed to avoid conversation. So here I am sitting against a tree in the pitch black night, staring up at the stars as if they could guide me properly.

"Were you planning on sleeping?" Louis teased lightly as he walked over to me, sitting in the grass as if mimicking me.

I shrugged.

Louis frowned. "Are you all right, Harry? You've been strangely quiet, and you're never quiet. I've wanted you to shut up a lot before, but now it's worrying me."

I snorted. "Thanks for the concern."

Louis chuckled at my sarcasm that he's most likely grown well accustomed to. His giggles slowly subsided as he gazed at me, his beautiful eyes boring holes in the side of my face. "Seriously, Harry. Are you okay?"

"That sounds like a trick question."

"Can you just answer it?"

"No."

"No to answering or no you're not okay? You should really specify, Harold," Louis huffed as he crossed his short legs like a little kid.

I managed to crack a little smile, but it fell as soon as it came. "No, Louis. I'm not okay. But I'm not one for elaborating, so can you please drop it?" I asked quietly, fiddling with my thumbs.

I didn't want to sound harsh to him like I normally do, so whispering was really my only option. A lot of times I didn't even mean to be crude, stuff just spilled out. Sometimes it was because seeing Louis frustrated was incredibly cute, the way his nose crinkled up. Other times it was simply because I was irritated with my own thoughts, or irritated with life in general.

Louis sighed, clearly not satisfied with my answer, and after weeks of spending every day with him, I knew what that sigh meant; he was going to pester me until I cracked. Either that, or he'd give me the silent treatment and I'd feel guilty and tell him anyways. I hated the effect he had on me, but I had no control over it. But I hate it.

Either way, I knew I wasn't going to win this time.

"I'm not telling you, Louis."

And yet I'm still trying to be defiant, knowing for damn sure it won't work.

Louis folded his arms across his chest. "Harry, I've had a shit load happen today. I found out that I'm some supernatural being I didn't even know existed until you came along, and now you can't tell me what's bothering you? Would you like to hear my never-ending list of rants? Because it damn sure is long."

I gave him a look. "Do you know how aggravating you are, Louis?"

"Maybe a little."

Chewing my bottom lip, I muttered, "But I'm still not telling you."

"Why?" He groaned, standing to his feet. "Why can't you tell me what's wrong so I can at least try to make you feel better?"

"Make me feel better?" I practically laughed in his face as I, too, was now standing. "Louis, even if you had the funniest damn person in front of me, I wouldn't feel better. You can't fix someone by talking to them about their 'problems.' So get that fantasy out of your fucking head," I spat.

Louis' eyes glared into mine. "Why the hell are you always so rude to me, Harry? I'm trying to help you and you're being a dick! What is your problem?"

"Oh for God's sake, my problem is you!" I shouted, running my hands over my face furiously, my jaw clenching. Before I could stop myself, my stupid mouth began rambling all the things I've been bottling up for weeks now. "My problem is you, Louis. Do you want to know why? Because I can't stop fucking thinking about you. I see you every damn day, yet your still on my mind like some sort of fucking broken record. I look at you, wishing with all my fucking heart and soul that maybe we'd actually be able to be together some way. But God, I'm so fucking delusional."

"I've never felt happiness in my life before you came along, Louis. Not once did I even crack a fucking smile, and then you came in and changed that. You were damn right when you said I love your rambling. It irritates the fuck out of me, but makes my day at the same time. You're so fucking cute it hurts, dammit."

"But you know what? We'll never be together. You're a White Witch and I'm a Black, and no way in hell am I risking your life just so we can be some sort of cliché fucking couple. I know there's no such thing as happy endings. I know there's bound to be heartbreak in the end. And you know what makes me so fucking stupid even when I know all of these things, Louis?"

I'm seething, my blood boiling as Louis stared at me in absolute shock. I heaved in a sharp breath, trying my best to swallow the fury eating me alive.

"I'm still in love with you."

My voice had cracked unintentionally, but I blinked away the little emotions that threatened to spill out. I couldn't believe I had finally admitted those words, not just aloud, but to myself and Louis. Call me fucking crazy to fall in love in a month's time, but I've spent every single day with this flawless human being. I've spent each passing second with him and I wouldn't trade any of them for the world. I hate this vulnerable side I've developed, but it's all his fault.

It's all Louis' fucking fault.

I expected Louis to slap me, or maybe even laugh in my face. But he said nothing as he continued to gape at me, his lips parted in downright shock. He stepped towards me, my eyes glued to his as I tried to steady my breathing. Every time he got a little closer, my breath would hitch in my throat. He continued to get closer and closer, dangerously close to where we were almost touching and...

And then I noticed he was taking off his bracelet.

"Louis, what are you—?"

There was no time to panic or finish my question as he lurched forward, his lips colliding heavenly with mine as he cupped my face.

My brain stupidly forgot the fact that his bracelet was permanently broken, but it didn't seem to matter at the moment. The only thing my mind focused on was his lips moving with mine, so rhythmically it felt as cliché as floating on a cloud. He stepped onto my shoes to gain a little height as his arms circled around my neck, his touch no longer literally burning me, but lighting a different fire I've yet to feel in my life. My arms didn't hesitate to wrap tightly around his waist, pulling his body closer to mine as our mouths continued to move in sync.

Parting just the slightest to catch my breath, I leaned right back in to lock our lips once more. His red plump lips felt incredible,i went as slow and passionate as i could, trying to devour every second I've missed out on with my lack of ability to hold him. His petite body molded perfectly with mine, a feeling I could definitely start getting used to.

Right when I was about to deepen the kiss, his lips were snatch from mine, along with his body from my arms. My heart faltered as my eyes shot open, worry and infuriation coursing my veins as I frantically looked around for him. My eyes landed on the one scene I wish I never saw.

Marcus had a hand over his mouth, his other arm around his waist as he pulled my angel away from me, quickly vanishing from sight.

-
thoughts ? opinions ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

674K 18.5K 31
Harry Styles has secretly been in love with Louis Tomlinson from the very first day he laid eyes on him, but Harry must keep this a secret for the ba...
23.1K 388 20
How come falling in love with the person he hated most was so easy? Who the hell did this guy think he was? How could he stand there on the pavement...
3.6K 152 16
"All this time you were pretending, so much for my happy ending." γ…‘γ…‘γ…‘ Openly gay couple Harry and Louis were inseparable and were not afraid to be lo...
10.9K 298 21
"Life sometimes has a twisted way for fate to happen." And that's exactly what happened with Louis and Harry. A twisted way, yet they wouldn't have i...