Good Kid-Bad Kid[COMPLETED]

By highdisdain

Highest rank: #1 in Teen Fiction Cover designed by @shatteringsoul14 **************************** Badr Abdu... More

DISCLAIMER!
Chapter 1 (Badr)
Chapter 2 (Laila)
Chapter 3 (Laila)
Chapter 4 (Badr)
Chapter 5 (Faris Bin Waleed)
Chapter 6 (Badr)
Chapter 7 (Ethan)
Chapter 8 (Laila)
Chapter 9 (Ethan)
Chapter 10 (Badr)
Chapter 11 (Laila)
Chapter 12 (Faris Bin Waleed)
Chapter 13 (Ethan)
Chapter 14 (Badr)
Chapter 15 (Laila)
Chapter 16 (Laila)
Chapter 17 (Faris Bin Waleed)
Chapter 18 (Badr)
Chapter 19 (Ethan)
Chapter 20 (Laila)
Chapter 21 (Unknown)
Chapter 22 (Laila)
Chapter 23 (Laila)
Chapter 24 (Badr)
Chapter 25 (Laila)
Chapter 26 (Niha)
Chapter 27 (Laila)
Chapter 28 (Yassin)
Chapter 29 (Badr)
Chapter 30 (Laila)
Chapter 31 (Badr)
Chapter 32 (Faris Bin Waleed)
Chapter 33 (Laila)
Chapter 34 (Yassin)
Chapter 35 (Ethan)
Chapter 36 (Laila)
Chapter 37 (Badr)
Chapter 38 (Unknown)
Chapter 39 (Yassin)
Chapter 40 (Ethan)
Chapter 41 (Badr & Ethan)
Chapter 42 (Yassin & Niha)
Chapter 43 (Badr)
Chapter 44 (Bilal)
Chapter 45 (Laila)
Chapter 46 (Laila)
Chapter 47 (Badr & Ethan)
Chapter 48 (Faris Bin Waleed)
Chapter 49 (Laila)
Chapter 50 (Badr)
Chapter 51 (Laila & Badr)
Chapter 52 (Yassin)
Chapter 53 (Badr)
Chapter 54 (Laila)
Chapter 55 (Niha & Ethan)
Chapter 56 (Jax)
Chapter 57 (Badr & Ethan)
Chapter 58 (Niha & Laila)
Chapter 59 (Bilal)
Chapter 60 (Badr)
Chapter 61 (Jamaal AbdulQadir)
Chapter 62 (Jamaal AbdulQadir and Yassin)
Chapter 63 (Bilal & Badr)
Author's note God help the people we failed
Chapter 64 (Laila)
Chapter 65 (Badr & Laila)
Chapter 66 (Bilal and Yassin)
Chapter 67 (Ethan)
Chapter 68 (Badr)
Chapter 69 (Bilal, Badr & Laila)
Chapter 70 The Ramadan Dinner Parties
Chapter 71 The Ramadan Dinner Parties
Chapter 72 (Laila & Bilal)
Chapter 73 (Yassin, Badr & Laila)
Chapter 74 (Badr & Laila)
Chapter 75 EID
Chapter 77 The Engagement
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83 (Laila, Badr, Harrison)
Chapter 84 (Badr, Laila, Bilal & Ethan)
Chapter 85
Niha and Yassin's Wedding
Taking Wing
New Books!
What next?
Epilogue
100K READS!!

Chapter 76 Pre-engagement

2.8K 253 25
By highdisdain

I COULDN'T HELP IT! So I know I haven't updated in a while and that's because everything is sooooo busy. This was going to be part of a huge chapter but oh well! Comment, vote, share and enjoy! Oh and pleeeeaaaseee check out my new book idea Amatullah!!

Ethan:

"What?"
"Yes sir. Our sources have confirmed it- the poison was given to the wrong person"
"Who is it then?"
"You're not going to like this sir but....Laila Mohammed"
"What?! How?"
Lucian Evandale flew up from his office chair, nostrils flaring in anger. Ethan winced, shit's going down...
"W-we d-don't know sir" the missive cowered before his father's evident rage.
"Fuck" Lucian ran his hand through his neatly brushed hair in frustration. Ethan stood up as well, sensing he better come up with something fast to stall the oncoming storm. Most likely resulting in a dead missive.
"Father" he began quickly, "we just need to deliver the message to Badr- he won't let her die surely?"
His father looked at him strangely, as if he was actually contemplating it, so Ethan continued; "that way he will deliver her straight to us- we don't have to waste time and resources on them"
"You're right" he breathed, "you my son, are a genius!"
Ethan said nothing but his heart surged with pride. Finally a praise.
Lucian began rummaging through his files quickly, papers flying everywhere in his strange hysterical frenzy, not caring that he was turning his office upside down.
"Where is it..." He muttered, emptying his drawer. Finally he found it.
It was a business card that was stapled to a few papers. Lucian slammed it down on his desk in triumph.
"Look here Ethan" he ordered, tapping it with his finger, "this is Doctor Raguveran. He is the AbdulQadir family's personal doctor. If we want to send the message to them it will be through him"
"I see" Ethan replied although he wasn't sure what his father was cooking up in his head.
Whatever it was...it couldn't be good for Badr.

Laila:

I blinked as my alarm went off for fajr, already wide awake.
Sleep was hard to come by when the closest thing to a best friend was mad at you.
A sense of despair settled in me as I checked my phone for the hundredth time only to see Niha had seen my messages and had not replied. What did I do? I thought again tiredly. It wasn't like Niha to completely ignore me...she was too nice for that. Or so I'd thought.

Sighing, I forced myself out of bed and into the bathroom, a familiar wave of fatigue and nausea hitting me. It was routine now. I'd forgotten what it even felt like to be healthy and fit. Football was out of the question- training was out of the question if I could barely make it downstairs without taking a break. It made me panic at regular intervals. I felt sick, as if there was something venomous inside me, eating away my defenses.
With shaky, mehandi stained hands I made wudhu and prayed, then stayed dwindling on the janemaaz (prayer mat) a little longer. I made dua for my mom and for everything to go well today at Bilal's party, and for Allah to protect my family which now included the AbdulQadirs. Lowering my hands with "ameen" I suddenly noticed something sparkling in the lamplight, carefully placed on my left sidetable. Standing up warily, I realized it was a package wrapped neatly in shimmering red wrapping paper with a silver ribbon and a small card attached. Heart hammering, I picked it up, wondering where it came from and who put it here. The card had a simple message printed on it:

Laila,
This is for tonight. I picked it myself so I hope you like it. Consider it your eid present. You wearing it will be mine.

My heart skipped a few beats as I realized who the gift was from. A blush crept up my cheeks and my lips curved into an involuntary smile.
Badr.

Bilal:

"Its all ready sir"
"Right, thank you Elias. Have you checked with security?"
"Yes sir. Mr. AbdulQadir has arranged an extensive foolproof network that will not let you down. You may enjoy your evening with no anxiety about security breach"
"Thank you. I wouldn't want any ups and downs tonight Elias. See you soon"
Bilal cut the line, finally feeling a sense of peace wash over him. It seemed everything was in motion and perfectly arranged- nothing could go wrong. He felt a grin touch his face. Chloe would be over the moon when he took her to the venue. It was a top notch event hall that had once been the most elaborate italian theatre, so everything about it was detailed and beautiful. It also had several balconies and rooms for many purposes on the second floor, which in this case would be filled with security and the refreshments waiters were going to carry down the staircase. He could see the image in his mind. Beautiful.
"Bilal, have you heard from Badr?" Yassin asked as he walked into the living room, fully dressed in his tuxedo as he had to leave before hand and make sure everything was ready. It was now six pm and in an hour and half the sun would begin to set. Laila and Baba were to go with Yassin and Laila would stay in one of the rooms -much to her distaste- with a Cedochi guard outside for safety precautions- Badr was not one to take chances.
"Elias talked to him" he replied, "you know Badr- he just needs time to gather himself"
Yassin nodded, still looking unsure, "reckon he's going to come?"
"No doubt" Bilal smiled.
"It would be nice to have mom there as well" his little brother prompted hopefully but Bilal just shook his head.
"No one knows anything about her and I prefer it stay that way. She could become an easy target for anyone who wants to do us in"
"I guess"

Bilal quickly showered and dressed in his own tailored tuxedo. The stubble he hadn't bothered to get rid off in the past week was now a clean cut, male model like almost-beard as was his hair. He didn't care for looks unless he was next to Chloe, the most beautiful woman on earth- then he had to look worthy enough to stand next to her. He checked himself repeatedly, adding her favorite cologne and making sure the ring was in his pocket. Tonight was lucky and special. He could feel it.

Yassin, Laila and Baba left at the same time he did, heading to the sight flanked subtly with Jax and André on their motorbikes. He himself headed off to Chloe's place, knowing his own man, Malum would be behind him for protection at Badr's orders. Even outside Chloe's house there were a few Cedochi around to make sure everything was as it should be- although of course they were blended in with normal people and it was almost impossible to tell them apart. Badr did his job well- Bilal had no doubt nothing could go amiss on his watch.
Heart hammering he picked up the long, sleek designer case next to him that contained Chloe's dress and jogged up the steps and into the elevator that would take him to her floor. He stood still as a statue unlike the woman who was checking him out from the corner of her eye. He almost smiled. He'd forgotten his appeal to the opposite gender having been stowed away at Amu Faris's for so long.

"Bilal!" Chloe squealed when she opened the door, her hair in a messy bun and dressed in nothing but a long, baggy white shirt that was actually his from a long time ago. It made him crazily happy and he leaned in to give her a kiss on cheek, then a quick one on her lips before pulling away.
"Good evening" he greeted in his deep voice, giving away nothing of his excitement.
"You look dashing" she replied in a mock British accent which made them both laugh, then, "seriously Bilal- you look freaking hot. Are you going somewhere?" Her gorgeous eyebrows raised she waited for his answer. He grinned and leaned against the door frame.
"We're going somewhere" he replied, pulling out the box from behind him and extending it to her, "this is for you"
"Oh Bilal..." Chloe said softly, running her hands over the emblem, "you honestly didn't have to"
"Hmm" he tilted his head in a cocky manner, "I think I did"
She kissed his cheek, "thank you"
"Don't thank me- get changed so I can show you off"
She blushed slightly, "give me fifteen minutes"
He nodded and took a seat as she hurried to her room to get changed. A squeal of delight told him she lived the dress and he grinned. This is so perfect. Then involuntarily a second thought followed, alhamdulillah.

Laila:

I was so annoyed.
First off Niha still didn't reply to me and I was desperate to meet her face to face. Secondly Yassin kept trying to tell me something but he never managed to do it which frustrated me, and thirdly- I didn't even get time to change before we reached the venue, instead having to grab my dress, hijab, shoes and whatever make up I could cram in my purse before we left. I was going to look stupid that was for sure. Wearing a wonderful dress with a horrible face was just my style.
I glared out of the window most of the way there...which was a long time. Two motorbikes shadowed us and I'd occasionally catch the eye of one of the riders by accident which was embarrassing. I wished Badr was here to lighten up the mood but I hadn't seen him since yesterday. Trying very hard not to think about his message I attempted to cast my thoughts elsewhere. Ever since yesterday, presumably because they'd seen and Saleh, both Bilal and Amu Jamaal had been extremely happy, a smile etched on their faces at the smallest things. It was only Yassin, when he thought no one was watching who looked thoroughly depressed.

"And we're here" Yassin said sullenly, his lack of enthusiasm obvious. I couldn't understand why he was behaving this way at all...it just wasn't like Yassin.
"SubhanAllah" Amu Jamaal beamed, stepping out of the car. I blinked as I followed suit, my eyes adjusting to the brightness.
The building before me was magnificent and huge, with several floors and balconies that were decked with flowers. Vines with blossoms spread across the walls, but did not hide the foreign decor engraved on them. The place was busy with people carrying decorations or platters of food or other accessories, and several armed men and women were stationed amidst all the flurry. I stuck close to Amu Jamaal as we walked below the huge archway and into the main hall, very aware of the eyes that followed me. I could see how a small Muslim girl looked very out of place among tall, striking men and woman with the symbol of Cedochi proudly worn on their wrists.
Once we were inside I didn't even get time to look around because Yassin apologetically grabbed my wrist and marched me up one of two spiraling staircases.
"Yassin- what-"
"Badr's orders" he explained as we now walked past many doors and people, "there's still an hour till the party starts so you're staying here- he doesn't think you'll be able to stay out of trouble"
"Really?" I fumed, "where is he? I'll give him some real trouble!"
"You two are just...incredible" Yassin remarked, shaking his head.
He led me into a room that had a door which was ajar. It was a pleasant place that reminded me of the kind of room an actress has in films where she gets ready with a dresser and mirror and all. It was bare though, as if it hadn't been touched by anyone for a long time. I placed the package with my dress and my purse down on the dressing table and looked around, wondering how this place may have appealed to the security mastermind Badr. There were no visible cameras, nor was there any exit but the door that Yassin was currently dwindling by.
"What's wrong?" I asked him gently. Something was wrong- that much was obvious since his strange demeanor after returning from Niha's house.
"I..." He began, looking stressed, "last night I mean...ugh" he ran a hand through his perfectly combed hair which made me wince inwardly.
"Did something happen between you and Niha?" I asked, deadpan. It was falling into place now. Maybe it was Yassin who'd sent Niha into this oppressive silence- why else would he be so uneasy? His expression right now told me I was right.
"Yeah" he sighed finally, "she kind of-"
"Yassin!" A feminine voice called down the hallway where I couldn't see. Yassin straightened up and looked around, his face relaxing into a smile.

"Hey Christina" he greeted to a woman I still couldn't see, "nice to see you up and about. You look stunning"

"And you dashing as usual" the woman, Christina remarked, "now- where is she? I'm dying to meet her! Badr was so damn sexy when he was saying-"

"Right here" Yassin cut across, glancing at me apologetically.

Badr was so damn sexy saying what exactly? I wondered curiously. That kind of language made me cringe a little- it was very much a tongue I did not feel comfortable around. The s word(s) especially.
Yassin motioned at me and a moment later Christina stepped into the room. She was breathtaking to say the least, with a perfect figure and a badass vibe despite the fact she was wearing a beautiful green dress that sparkled here and there when the light caught the sequins. Her dirty blond hair was straightened and fell carelessly down her back, framing a face that was contoured and highlighted to perfection. She did not look like she belonged in the same world as me, but rather on the cover of Vogue.

Yes, I felt very, very washed out in comparison.

"Hi Laila" she said with a curve of ombré dark purple lips.

"Hello" I replied with an uncertain smile.

"You have fucking gorgeous eyes" she observed, the harsh word naturally rolling off her tongue, "I can't wait till we get started"

"Started-?" I glanced at Yassin for affirmation. Christina laughed and took me by the shoulders, forcing me on the chair gently in front of the dresser mirror.

"You mean Badr didn't tell you?" She chuckled, "I said I'd do your make up but I guess he didn't catch that"

"Oh" I blinked, "no he didn't I think. But thank you" I added gratefully. If she could make me look half decent I would be over the moon.

"Right, I'll leave you two ladies to it then?" Yassin asked, already sliding away.

"Yes yes" Christina replied absentmindedly as she picked out a few brushes from her makeup bag.

"Could you shut the door?" I asked her politely, "then I can take my scarf off"

"Oooh you mean I can see you're hair?!"

"Yes" I smiled at her excitement, "you are a girl after all"

Once Christina got over how 'amazing and wow' my hair was she set to work. I had to admit, I liked being pampered, and soon found myself trying not to fall asleep in bliss as she expertly worked around my face. It took a long time, especially the eyes because she changed her mind a few times as to what would look best on my dress. I kept saying thanks an she kept laughing it off, but that made me more and more comfortable around someone I'd never have thought to even talk to.

Finally my makeup was done.

I blinked when I looked at myself in the mirror, unsure that the woman who was standing in there was really me. She suddenly had flawless, glowing skin and eyes that looked bigger and more beautiful with golden and brown-black eyeshadow with winged eyeliner. Her lips were full and striking in a deep red shade. She no longer looked small and cute but beautiful.
She was me.
How was that even possible?
"Thank you" I whispered to Christina, almost on the verge of tears.
"Honey you look gorgeous" she replied happily, "thank me by slaying tonight! Now quickly put the dress on- I think it's about to start"
I smiled at her with a nod and she quickly exited the room so I could change.

The dress was not what I'd assumed would catch Badr's eye, but certainly took my breath away. It was red and completely lace with loose sleeves that gathered at the wrists, and also at the waist from where it flowed down to my ankles. In the light the under skirt shimmered ever so slightly. I didn't want to think about how much it would have cost, but felt myself going red thinking about Badr buying it. It was modest in a sense it did not show my figure flippantly and the size was perfect. How? I had no idea.

Adjusting my scarf, I took a deep breath and opened the door, gathering my skirts so I could walk normally, suddenly very nervous.

Outside the hallway that had been bustling with people earlier was deserted save for the candles that lit it and the statue like Cedochi guards that roamed the place, gazing down onto the function below. One of them caught my eye and simply nodded before returning his gaze downstairs.
I gulped.
I didn't know anyone.
Maybe I should just stay inside? I thought nervously, frozen to the spot. What was worse was that I'd have to walk down the stairs...in plain view of everyone I obviously didn't know. To my own surprise tears pricked my eyes in frustration and I hastily blinked them away, not wanting to test if Christina's eye makeup was waterproof or not.
Remain calm I told myself, taking shaky steps toward the top of the staircase where two more Cedochi guys were stationed, you can do this. Besides, what are the chances you're going to see any of these people ever again? You just have to...slay I smiled despite myself. Let's go Laila.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.3K 3K 49
☆ AMAAN ULLAH ZAMAN ☆ 27 year old ex-marine who is now looking for some meaning in his life. After his father remarried he doesn't have a family to c...
14.8K 613 40
Heer Qureshi and Salaar Riaz have been best friends and next-door neighbors since they were in diapers. Life couldn't get any better for the pair whe...
391K 19.9K 35
"𝘕𝘰, 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴. 𝘔𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘶𝘮𝘴𝘦 𝘱𝘺𝘢𝘢𝘳 𝘯𝘢𝘩𝘪 𝘬𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪 𝘍𝘢𝘩𝘢𝘥. 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘭 𝘮𝘦𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘶𝘮𝘩𝘢𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘺𝘦...
52.8K 3.4K 25
"You should give up on me" he said with his misty eyes. I heavily sighed "I'd bear be your something but I won't bear be your nothing" Mahnoor is a...