Senior Year with My Protector...

By 3dream_writer3

*Sequel to Bad Boy's Protection* *cover made by acityteen* Poppy McCormick had an interesting year in... More

Protector Series
Chapter 1
Regarding what Henry said in chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 | Final Chapter
Third Book

Chapter 29

38.7K 1.4K 617
By 3dream_writer3

Chapter 29

       "Flower, you have to get up," Grayson said, rubbing my lower back.

       I shook my head and wrapped my arms tighter around him. "No, I don't. There's no law that's forcing me to go. Besides, it's parent-teacher conference. Not parent-teacher-student conference."

       Grayson chuckled. "As much as I love that logic, students are supposed to go as well."

       "No, thank you," I muttered.

       Grayson sighed, brushing my hair out of my face. "Come on, Flower. Your parents said to be ready in ten minutes."

       "So?"

       "They said that five minutes ago," Grayson said. "It usually takes you more than five minutes to get ready. Up, please."

       I sighed, moving to sit up, but as soon as I did I felt a sharp pain in my back. "Ow!" I laid back down, the pain not leaving at all.

       "Poppy, are you okay?" Grayson asked.

       I shook my head. "No, my back really hurts. I can't move at all."

       "What do you mean you can't move?"

       "Exactly what it sounds like. I can't freaking move my legs."

       Grayson slowly got up from the couch, making sure not to move me. "I'll get your dad, okay?" he said before quickly hurrying up the stairs.

       He came back down shortly after with my dad following. "Poppy, what happened?" Dad asked, kneeling down beside the couch.

        "I don't know," I said. "I tried sitting up, but then my back hurt a whole lot and I can't move my legs."

       Dad sighed. "Alright, let's get you to the hospital."

       "What?" I asked the same time Grayson asked, "Hospital?"

       Dad sighed again. "Poppy, remember the car accident you got into?"

       "How could I forget?" I muttered. I hated thinking about the car crash and thinking how Grayson was in a coma for two weeks or how we got into a huge argument before it.

        "Well, your injury from it was back pain," Dad said. "And since it's still there, plus you can't move your legs now, I think you got spinal cord injury."

        "Meaning?" I asked, afraid to hear the words.

       "Well...." Dad said slowly. "Since you didn't know about the spinal cord injury, you possibly moved it the wrong way and now....your lower half of your body is probably paralyzed."

~*~*~*~

       "Poppy, come on, it's not that bad," Grayson said.

       I scoffed and looked at him. "Not that bad? I'd like to see you in my position."

       Grayson pulled into the parking lot of the school before turning off his car and turning to face me. "Really? You try being in my position, Poppy. I was the one who wasn't paying attention and crashed the car. And don't you dare say it was your fault for yelling at me. I should have been paying attention or pulled over. If it weren't for my stupidity, you wouldn't be how you are now. I'm the one feeling guilty. Not you. So stop complaining, alright?"

       "Grayson, I can't...."

       "It's temporary," Grayson reminded. "The doctors told you it was temporary."

       "Yes, and it's the same doctors who never knew about my spinal injury," I said.

       Grayson sighed. "Can you please stop being so pessimistic? It could have been worse. It could have been permanent. You're lucky, okay?"

       "Yeah," I said quietly. I didn't feel lucky.

       Grayson got out of the car and walked to my side. He opened the door to the backseat and pulled out the thing I was regretting using. He unfolded it, then helped me out of the car and into the wheelchair I had to use for a while.

       Grayson noticed the scowl on my face, so he sighed and knelt down in front of me, grabbing my hands. "Poppy, stop it," he said. "You only have to use the wheelchair until you get into the surgery."

       "And how long will that take?" I asked.

       "Certainly not as long as those who have it permanently," Grayson pointed out.

       I sighed. "Sorry. I'm just....Freaked out, I guess. I can't walk, can't stand. I was perfectly fine for the longest time after the crash, then suddenly, this happens."

       "I know," Grayson said. "It sucks. These things just happen. But no matter what, I'll be by your side."

       I gave him a faint smile. "Thank you."

       Grayson leaned forward and gave me a kiss. "You're welcome." He stood up and pulled my school bag out of his car before closing the door. He hung it on the handle of the wheelchair before he started pushing me to the school.

       "And now I have to prepare for the many looks," I said. "How fun."

       "You're too cranky," Grayson said. "Just put a smile on your beautiful face."

       I leaned my head back, giving him a fake smile. He just rolled his eyes and kissed my forehead before walking into the school. Immediately, curious eyes went in my direction. I hated the attention a lot.

       "Does Belle know what happened?" Grayson asked as he wheeled me to my locker.

       "Nope," I said. "Tony tried calling her to let her know I was in the hospital, but she never answered. She was probably too busy with Devon." I rolled my eyes. Belle was always with Devon now. Not that I complained. She was my best friend and all I wanted was for her to be happy.

       "Well, then she's in for a surprise," Grayson said once we arrive at my locker. He opened it for me and grabbed my biology textbook. I tried getting him to let me hold it, but he refused.

       "Oh my god!" the familiar voice of my best friend said. Belle rushed over to me, holding hands with Devon. "Poppy, what the hell happened?! Are you okay?!"

       "My brother tried calling you yesterday to tell you I was in the hospital, but you never picked up."

       "I am so sorry!" Belle said. "I was busy. I should have answered my phone. What happened?"

       I sighed. "Remember the car crash?" She nodded. "Long story short, injured spine, lower half of the body temporarily paralyzed, need surgery."

       "Are you okay?" Belle asked.

       "Nope," I said.

       "She's being too pessimistic," Grayson said, rubbing my shoulders. "She's fine."

       "Grayson...."

       "Flower, you're fine," Grayson said. "It's temporary, not permanent."

       I sighed. "I know." I tried so hard to be fine with it and to accept it, but it was so hard. Grayson was right, it could have been permanent. I still couldn't accept it.

       "Now I feel bad," Belle said with a frown. "My best friend was in the hospital and I didn't know and now she's in a wheelchair and now I think I'm going to cry."

       Devon put his arm around Belle. "It's not your fault," he said. "Don't cry."

       "But I never even went to see her in the hospital," Belle said. "You hate me, don't you, Poppy?"

       "What?" I asked. "No, of course not. I wasn't in there for that long. They just confirmed what my dad told me, talked to me about surgery, and sent me on my way with a wheelchair. I'm not mad that you didn't come."

       Belle sighed. "Right. Sorry." She wiped the tears from her eyes. "I don't know why I've been so emotional lately." The bell rang just then. "Class time."

       "We'll meet you there," Grayson said. "We still have to go to my locker."

       "Hopefully you get better soon, Poppy," Devon said.

        "Thanks," I said before he and Belle headed to the biology class.

       Grayson and I then went to his locker where he pulled out his biology notebook. "Let me hold them," I said, not wanting him to push my wheelchair while carrying my books and his books.

       "Nope," Grayson said.

       "Grayson, come on," I said. "You're already putting enough stress on your wrist by pushing me. Let me hold the books."

       Grayson sighed, handing me our books. He gave me a kiss before heading to biology class. We got there after the bell since we had to use the elevator to get upstairs and that was on the other side of the school.

       The class was already working on something, but all of them looked up from their books when we came in. I really hated the attention, but I was going to have to get used to it. I didn't know how long it would take for me getting into the surgery. It could take weeks, months.

       The look Thalia gave me was the worse one of them all. It was a horrible smirk, as if me being in a wheelchair amused her. Why did she hate me so much?

       Tony walked over to us. "I moved some people around so you can be in the front," he said. "And there's also an extra wide desk that your wheelchair will fit through."

       "Thanks," I said.

       Grayson pushed me to the new desk I was going to be sitting at before taking the spot next to mine. Tony told us what we had to do and as soon as he turned around, Grayson pushed our desks together. "Grayson, you know he hates it," I said.

       Grayson shrugged and took his books from me. "Who cares? I need to be close to my Flower so I can help her if she needs it."

       "I'm not helpless," I said. "I can still do my work."

       "But what if you drop your pen?" Grayson asked.

       "You can sit where you desk was and still be able to pick it up," I pointed out.

       "Too bad," Grayson said. "I want to sit beside you, so I will. Besides, it's not like your brother will actually separate us this time."

       "Right," I said. "Because I'm paralyzed."

       Grayson sighed. "Poppy, please please please stop being so pessimistic! It's temporary, not permanent. You'll get in the surgery soon enough. I know it must be horrible for it to suddenly happen, but you'll get through it. It's like my depression. It happened all of a sudden, but I have someone helping me through it. I'm going to help you get through this. I'm always going to be here for you."

       I gave him a faint smile. "You're right, Grayson. I have you here for me."

       "Exactly," Grayson said. "You even have your family. Plus, your dad is a doctor, so you can get special treatment without going to the hospital."

       "Thanks, Grayson," I said. "For helping me see the bright side of it."

       Grayson reached for my hand and pressed his lips to the back of it. "Anything for my Flower," he said.

______________

How about Poppy's paralysation? That's why she still had back pain when the doctors said it should have been gone by then. Her spine was injured and after moving it the wrong way, she lost movement in her legs. Fingers crossed she gets through it.

Oh, and here's a quick author's note after reading some of your comments. BELLE IS NOT PREGNANT. REPEAT, SHE IS NOT PREGNANT. Thank you for your time. cx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

518K 16.7K 54
Fire and Water. That's what they were. Together they were just whispers of what could have happened and what could have been. Running from a tragic p...
2.1M 68.7K 57
*Sequel to Bad Boy's Protection, and Senior Year with My Protector* *cover made by acityteen* Poppy McCormick has always thought that when s...
34.6K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
907K 46.7K 41
After an embarrassing night out, ambitious college student Poppy finds herself assigned to tutor New York's most infamous bad boy heir. ...