The next century- We met agai...

By ahwaeee

Sequel to 'Why should we even know each other from the start?'. A new version story of Chen-Hye couple. Notes... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1: His memories and she's born
Chapter 2: Outing with them
Chapter 3: Night Talk
Chapter 4: First Encounter
Chapter 5: The Wedding
Chapter 6: The New Teacher
Chapter 7: His Wish
Chapter 8 : Is it just me?
Chapter 9: It's all starting now
Chapter 10: Visiting
Chapter 11: Those Secrets
Chapter 12: Distanced Relationship?
Chapter 13: Different Love
Chapter 14: Closer
Chapter 15: The world in the mirror
Chapter 16: The 'Someone'
Chapter 17: A totally complicated relationship
Chapter 18: Could he remember anything?
Chapter 20: Future or...past?
Chapter 21: Hope they'll be together
Chapter 22: A day off
Chapter 23: A confession
Chapter 24: Gone
Chapter 25: "Sing for me."
Chapter 26: Can we really be together?
Chapter 27: "I'll be leaving."
Epilogue
Author's Notes
Special Chapter
[PROMOTE]

Chapter 19: What's happening?

527 32 5
By ahwaeee

Chen's P.O.V

It really feel great to meet her. She's like...my energizer. I know that she's married. But from the moment I saw her, I just couldn't forget her.

How I wish that I can have her. But it's impossible. As I reached the office, I straightly sat down in my place and start looking through that papers that had been placed on the table.

Great, tonnes of works for today. Honestly, I get into this entertainment company because of my love for singing. I want to be a singer, but I couldn't achieve it, so I decided to work under this company.

"Jongdae." My colleague, Doojoon called me. He was stood by the door.

"Yeah? Come in first, Doojoon-ssi."

"Well, I'm just informing you, we have to work over time for today. There's too much things to do."

"Ahh...I see. Well, I get tonnes of paper works to do as well." I smiled.

"Ahh jinjja? Then I shouldn't be bothering you again. I've got a lot of things to do as well. I'll be leaving first." Doojoon told me and went out.

Maybe, being a secretary isn't good at all. It's tiring, honestly. When I'm married, I would like to start a business with my wife. That's also one of my dreams.

But...the one that I like is married. I've got no chance on her.

Oh well, I should stop thinking about that and head back to my work.

Once again, the door was knocked. The door opened, and revealed my boss, Yong Junhyung.

"Hey bro." He greeted as he sat down in front of me. Yeah, even though I'm his secretary, we greet each other like this.

"Yo." I replied him.

"Are you done with the paper works that I placed it here yesterday?"

"Yeah. Wait a minute, let me look for it first." I said and started looking through the pile of files stacked on my table."

"Wow, I can't believe that you got so many things to do for today." Junhyung commented as he looked at the files on my table. Even though he's my boss, but he's just manager, he still has CEO up him.

Well, our CEO is a cruel person, honestly. He loves getting tonnes of works for his workers, especially secretaries like me and Sungyeol.

"Yeah, you know. Mr. Jang." I chuckled.

"Yeah. Hyunseung-ssi...even though he's cold outside and cruel to his workers, he's still nice."

"We better stop talking and get working. Who knows when will he come." I told Junhyung. He nodded and said, "Then I'll be going first."

I nodded as well and he left the office.

After hours of working, almost nonstop, finally I finished all of my works. I placed the files to Junhyung's table, some to Dongwoon.

Finally I got to rest, at last. I sat back to my seat and stretched my arms up high, yawning. Tiring day, indeed.

I went out from the office, and locked the door of our department. It was almost 12 in the midnight right now. As expected, when I went out from the parking lot, driving my car, there aren't much cars there.

Our office building are quite far away from the city. I decided to drive around first, and go to a shop to have something to fill in my stomach, then go home.

I reached a shop that I usually stop by after work. This shop sells the tastiest ddeobbokki that I've ever ate. Oh, and not to mention the bibimbap here! It's delicious.

I decided to finish my portion here, and take back some for my family. Even though it's late already, but they still haven't sleep.

I looked around the shop while waiting for the food to be serve. I stopped my vision on a familiar person. Did I ever see him anywhere?

I shook my head slightly and shrugged off the thought. There's no way.

Soon, the food came. I paid for the foods and start eating it, when I heard someone called my name.

"Kim Jongdae."

I looked up and noticed that the person that I thought he's familiar had seated in front of me.

"Who are you?"

"You don't need to know who am I. I know who are you, everything about you."

Somehow, I felt cold air surrounding me. Who is this guy? He looks really familiar...just like...

"First, let me tell you something. You might had seen me somewhere, but the one that you see isn't me." He cut be off while I'm thinking.

"You do look familiar..." I said.

"Exactly."

"Who are you, actually?"

"The another me that you know, is Kris. I am Kevin. Kevin Li Jiaheng."

"Kris? That Kris that harabeoji talked about oftenly? Harabeoji's friend?" I asked.

"Yes. But me? I'm Kevin Li Jiaheng."

-------

His P.O.V.

It really took me a long time to figure out how to show myself to Chen.

Ever since I got contacted with Kris, I could never ever show my real self yo the others. Well, but since yesterday, I discovered that now I am able to show myself to the others.

So, here I am, sitting in front of Chen.

I guess that he's too shocked after hearing my name. Well, duh, I just hope that there's someone who wouldn't freak out when they heard my name.

I just got the same look as Kris, oh well, the difference right now is, I look younger than Kris is, right now.

"You...who are you exactly?" Chen asked once again. I slipped my hands into my pocket and took out a picture. I gave it to him, and asked, "Tell me, you do recognize the people in the photo, is it?"

He took over the photo, and to my expect, his eyes rounded when he saw the people on the photo.

"When...when is this photo taken?"

"Hmm, well, this will be a long story. Would you like to hear me out? For this story?" I smirked a little and asked him.

I stared at him. He looked at the picture once again, and then looked up. He softly bit his lips and said, "Yes."

I smirked more. "Good then. Let me tell you a story."

"Go ahead."

"Once upon a time..." I was cut off when I heard Kris's voice ringing in my head.

"Where are you?"

[Me?] I asked him back in my mind.

"Sir, aren't you starting?" I heard Chen asked.

"Wait for me a minute, I got a call." I stood up and left the seat, going to somewhere where no one could see me.

"Where are you?" Kris asked again.

[I've told you isn't it. I'm everywhere.] I hissed back.

"Come now please...I need you..." I could sense the weakness of his voice.

[Wait, what happened?] I was panicked. What happened to him?

"I...I...I'm dying..." He replied.

[I'll be there.] I told him in my mind and ran back to where Chen is waiting.

Something bad is happening. I could sense it.

"Go back to your home as soon as you can, and do not go out now no matter what happens. Warn your family. I'll talk to you next time." I told him as fast as I could, then ran away.

[Jocelyn! Jocelyn! Are you there?] I shouted in my mind for Jocelyn as I was running, preparing myself to diffuse into the darkness.

"Yeah, what? I'm here, Kevin." I heard she replied.

[Stay in your house and don't go out no matter what happens.]

"Wait, why?"

[Don't ask me. I have to go.]

With that, I disappeared in the darkness.

_______

A/N:

You know how much I love cliffhangers I'll update Chapter 20 by next week (if possible) before I go to travel and take a rest for three weeks. That's long isn't it? I'll try to write when I'm travelling.

-Jocelyn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54K 1.6K 70
Kai and Taemin had their secrets. And each other happened to be one of those secrets. There was only two people who truly knew about them, and neithe...
5K 79 21
"You don't just like him do you, it's something more than that right?" Arranged marriage au Melodies of Love: Book 1 start: 10/03/24 end: 16/03/24 w...
2.1K 88 9
You can't seem to confront your best friend about your very embarrassing crush on him, so you do what you think is best (which is not very wise of yo...
78.3K 2.3K 30
An Exo Fanfiction story. " Tell me.. Is this what love is all about?.. "