HYPNOTIC ✗ rucas

By adoringrucas

[ 2016 GMW Choice Award Winner ] [ 2017 GMAWARDS Winner ] ❝I l o v e d her not for the way she d a n c e d... More

0.1; "Today's the day."
0.2; "He's dark."
0.3; "Ladies."
0.4; "I'm Lucas Friar."
0.5; "He saved me."
0.6; "Here goes nothing."
0.7; "She took my breath away."
0.8; "Goodnight, Riley."
0.9; "I'm falling for Riley Matthews."
1.0; "My hero."
1.2; "Hate is a strong word."
1.3; "I'm here."
1.4; "Why?"
1.5; "Friend or nothing."
1.6; "Can I trust you?"
1.7; "It's a date."
1.8; "Lost in time."
1.9; "Jealousy."
2.0; "I will always choose her."
2.1; "Friendsgiving."
2.2; "Take my hand."
2.3; "Birthday."
2.4; "Lost me forever."
2.5; "Goodbye my lover."
2.6; "Just let it in."
2.7; "Moving on."
2.8; "New beginning."
2.9; "After all this time."
3.0; "I need you."
3.1; "The love we deserve."
3.2; "Save me."
3.3; "You remember?"
3.4; "Hold me forever."
3.5; "Home is when i'm with you."
3.6; "Sense & Sensibility."
3.7; "I promise."
3.8; "Love changes us."
3.9; "I've got you."
4.0; "Broken."
4.1; "You and me forever."
4.2; "Stay with me."
4.3; "She's my world."
4.4; "Remember me always."
4.5; "Just like yesterday."
4.6; "Back to the start."
4.7; "First date."
4.8; "Let me go."
4.9; "I remember."
5.0; "I love you."

1.1; "Afraid."

10.5K 345 462
By adoringrucas

R I L E Y

I just lied in my bed on my side, overthinking about every possible thing that happened today. I twirled a piece of hair around my finger, as the moonlight shone through my window and onto my bed. I chewed at the bottom of my lip as I lied there in silence, with only one thing on my mind.

Lucas.

I had never really had the chance to fantasize, or even think about him for more than a couple moments, because of his attitude. But I've always questioned myself, when I'm around him. But more now than ever before.

He confuses me, he makes me curious yet he infuriates me all at the same time. And those are a lot of things to feel at once. When I'm with him... I never know what's going to happen. Why? I don't know. Why was he all I could think of while I kissed Charlie? Again, I have no idea. Why am I even thinking about him right now? I can't stop. I felt my heart beat faster and I felt goosebumps arise on my skin.

His lips. His eyes. His smile. His deep voice. His minty breath. His cologne. His demeanor.

Him.

All of him.

I suddenly felt myself immediately sit up in my bed, as if I just had woken up from a dream. My breathing was heavily and I felt like I was going to have a heard attack. I was determined to find out why he is the way he is. All the things he's done, the way he's acted, shouldn't it affect the way I feel about him? Why am I ignoring those things? Because I feel like that's not who he really is, that he's better than that? Why do I think of him in that way.

This can't be happening, it just can't be. I feel about 100 emotions when I'm with him, I don't think you're supposed to feel that when you're with someone? Or are you? Oh my God, no. It can't be. I can't avoid this.

I quickly got out of my bed, pacing around my room, before I sat down in my bay window, that was illuminated by the moonlight from outside. I just sat there, before the realization came to me.

I like Lucas Friar.

>>>>>>

L U C A S

I stood at my locker, shoving my things in before pulling out my phone. I glanced up from my phone, gazing around the hallway. Halloween posters for the school haunted house were planted allover the walls. Lame ass haunted house.

Suddenly I saw Missy walking down the hall towards me. I quickly averted my eyes down to my phone, hoping that she wouldn't notice me.

"Hello Lucas." I heard a too familiar, annoying voice.

Shit. I mumbled. I looked up.

"Missy." I said sternly. She fluttered her, fake clumpy eyelashes together, just making her look stupid. She twirled her hair around, getting closer to me.

"So, I was just wondering. I kind of need someone to walk me through the haunted house, since I get so scared.. Also I heard that there is a party afterwards." She smirked. I leaned in, close to her face. She bit her lip.

"It's never going to happen, Missy." I spat. Her expression went from a fake smile, to a bitchy pout. "All you've ever wanted was to get into bed with me, clearly now you've missed your opportunity." She gave me an evil grin.

"I don't think I've missed out on anything." I replied smugly. She shot daggers into my eyes. "You'll regret that, Lucas Friar." She said sharply. "The only thing I've regretted was ever giving you a chance." I responded. She took her hand and slapped it straight across my face. I felt the sting immediately.

"You WILL love me, Lucas Friar." She hissed, grabbing the collar of my shirt and pulling me up close to her face.

"No matter what it takes." She whispered harshly, before pushing me up against the locker, and storming off.

I rolled my eyes. What the hell was wrong with her? Doesn't she get the 'picture'?

Clearly not, she's Missy Bradford. The slut of the school.

I know I sound harsh, but it's the truth. And the way she treated Riley makes her even more of a bitch face.

I was sitting at Missy's table, I don't even know why. Because Zay was there, and every other table was taken. Besides, everyone else was scared of me, so it's not like they'd let me sit at there table.

I had enough of Missy's bullshit and I got up, but I overheard her saying so,etching, something like she going to do something to Riley. I slowly walked away from the table, before my eyes caught with Riley's. I wanted to stare into her eyes for as long as I could, but I couldn't. I quickly looked away. But as I glanced back up, I saw that she walking towards the food line, before I saw Missy grab a handful of food and yell at her.

And in the moment, all I knew is that I wanted to protect Riley. I quickly ran, pushing her up against the cafeteria wall that was close by, closing as much space up between us so she wouldn't get any on her. Suddenly I felt the food splatter all across my back. I hissed in pain, it actually hurt.

Riley looked shocked. My lips were inches away from hers, and I felt my knees caving in. I looked into her eyes, before departing. I turned around, sending daggers towards Missy. She looked stunned. I saw Conner and his friend Matt, get up and start yelling at me. Zay just looked confused, with spaghetti hanging out of his mouth. People were shouting and I just quickly stormed out.

'

I remembered how close me and Riley were, and that I never wanted to leave that spot, but I did, again. Why do I care for her so much?

I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts, by my locker being slammed closed. I turn to my side, and saw Conner.

"What the hell?" I spat. Conner smiled at me, before roughly patting my shoulder. "You just don't get it." He scoffed. I grabbed his wrist and through his hand off of my shoulder. "Piss off." I snarled. I was in no mood to deal with his bullshit. Me and Conner would always get Into little arguments, hence why I don't trust to tell him about my boxing career.

"You're just a soft ass." Conner spat, pushing me back against the locker. "What the fuck are you talking about?" I hissed. He just started laughing, and I could see people staring at us. Not like I haven't been in a situation like this before school.

"Riley Matthews." He said, and I suddenly felt everyone nerve in my body scream. My blood boiled.

"What the fuck about he-" "You saved that bitch, twice! Not once, with your dumb ass excuse of 'falling over' but you legitimately covered her over at the cafeteria. You're just a soft bastard, clearly not a man. You dumb fuck." Conner spat, and suddenly my anger took over and I punched him straight in the face. I heard loud 'oo's' and 'shit, not again' coming from the people now surrounding us. He pushed me up against the locker, punching me I'm the stomach.

Really, who the fuck does he think he is? He clearly doesn't know he's fighting a boxer. I took my hand and swung it as hard as possible to his jaw.

"You son of a bitch!" He shouted, before punching me hard into the lockers. I tackled him down on the ground, kneeing him in the stomach as he tried punching my jaw. This is why basically everyone in the school was afraid of me. The sounds of shouting and yells surrounded me. Conner grabbed my shoulder and threw me up against the lockers, I was about to throw another punch, before I suddenly felt all anger release from my body, every ounce of it.

I saw her.

She looked terrified,

scared,

afraid.

I was lost in her eyes, before I suddenly felt a fist collide with my jaw, and something kick my stomach. I fell down against the locker, and I could feel the blood pour down into my mouth. I couldn't do it. I suddenly lost all strength, and all I could do was sit there, helpless. I can't do it. I can't fight him, not in front of her. I felt him kick me once more. I could barely heard anything, considering all the shouts. But all I could focus on was her. I saw her mouth move and shout something, and I could see her start to come towards me, but Maya held her back. It was as if everything was in slow motion, silent.

That's when I saw Conner turn around, and he saw Riley. I could tell that he was about to walk towards her. I could see the fright in her eyes.

My jaw tensed, and I suddenly found the strength to stand up. I grabbed him and pushed him back, punching him one last time before at least four teachers rushed in. Two teachers grabbed me and the other two held back Conner.

"What the hell is going on!?" One of the teachers screamed. I just then realized how terrible Conner looked. I had no control over my anger.

Suddenly the teachers dragged us away. "We are through!" Conner shouted at me, as the teachers dragged us away. I turned my head around one last time, to look at her.

I saw tears in her eyes,

and I felt my heart break.

The look on her face hurt more than the thousands of punches I've ever felt.

She was afraid of me.

R I L E Y

"Maya, trust me. Josh will ask you out anytime now." I laughed at her. She's been contemplating on Josh all day.

"He probably doesn't even like me." Maya frowned. "Maya Hart! Don't talk like that, you're beautiful. I'm sure he's in love with you." I assured her, swinging my arm around her neck. She laughed at me. "You sure do know how to lift my spirit." Maya giggled. I smiled as we walked down the hall, before we heard loud shouting and screaming.

"What the hell!?" Maya yelled, and we both ran towards he crowd of people, before I saw the most horrific thing I've ever seen in my life.

Lucas was punching Conner against the ground. I saw blood everywhere, and the sight of Lucas made my heart break in half. I suddenly saw Conner grab Lucas and throw him up against the locker. They were shouting at each other, and the whole hallway was flooded with people recording. I just stood there. I've never seen this side to Lucas, and I didn't know what to do. I felt....scared.

That's before I saw Lucas look at me. His seemingly angry expression turned blank instantly. The sight of his jaw messed up and blood pooling from his face, made me want to cry. I felt a pain ache in my chest. He just stared at me, kind of sadly. I didn't know what to do.

Suddenly, Conner swung at Lucas's face, as he kneed him in the stomach.

"Lucas!" I shouted. I was about to run towards him, but Maya held me back. "You can't!" She shouted at me, so I could hear. People started chanting. I just looked at Maya shockingly. I turned my head towards Lucas, and I suddenly saw Conner stare dead straight at me. I stepped back in fright. I don't think I've ever been so scared in my entire. He started walking towards me, but suddenly he was thrown against the lockers by Lucas. I covered my mouth.

Teachers came rushing in, and they grabbed Lucas and Conner. One of the teachers screamed something at them.

"We are through!" Conner yelled at Lucas, as the teachers dragged them away. That's when Lucas turned his head, and looked at me. I felt tears form in my eyes and he noticed. I quickly ran out of the school doors.

"Riley!" Maya called after me. I ran down the steps, before rushing around a bench outside the front of the school. I paced around in circles, covering my face. Why was I crying? I can't be crying. But seeing Lucas like that, seeing how angry he was and how much he hurt Conner.

"I told you how he was." Maya sputtered. I glared at her. "He isn't like that!" I shouted. Maya looked taken back. I didn't mean to be so rude, I don't know what has come over me.

"Why are you defending him!?" Maya yelled back. "Because I know there's good left in him!" I said, and Maya was then dead silent. I calmed myself down, before sitting on a bench. I leaned over, setting my hands on my knees. I could feel a tear trickle down my cheek.

"Lucas Friar has gotten underneath your skin, you can't deny it. No matter how much you say he hasn't, he has, Riley." Maya said. I shook my head. I can't admit that to myself.

"Riley." Maya said, in a softer tone. I felt her sit next to me. She set her hand on my knee. I just felt the wind blow through the air, and I could feel It hit against my tear stained cheeks. I just stared in front of me.

"Im sorry. I just saw how afraid you were, afraid of him." Maya said. I looked at her, shaking my head.

"I'm not afraid of him, Maya." I said, feeling the tears build up. I looked her in the eyes.

"I'm afraid of falling for him." I replied quietly, as a tear fell down my cheek. Maya just sat there, silent, before she gave me a sad smile, nodding. She didn't say anything, she just pulled me in for a hug. That was all I needed and wanted right now.

>>>

Song: Medicine by Daughter

A/N: I'm sorry this was a short chapter, but I have school tomorrow so I can't be up all night reading. I hope you guys liked this chapter. Interesting wasn't it? Let me know your thoughts in the comments :) also thank you so much for over 800 reads!!!! I can't believe it!!! Btw I love reading comments and seeing votes, especially reading comments. Thank you to anyone who has voted for my story and commented! I love you all. I want to hear your guys's thoughts! Until the next chapter, bye beauties! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.2K 2.1K 50
" I can't do this, just I can't." " You might not be but I can, I am ready for the life ahead with you." Two best friends slowly fall madly in love w...
13.6K 498 17
don't be hypocritical rucas au
128K 3.4K 39
The title says all. Ranges from weddings to disasters to jealousy to humor to DCOMs.
14.7K 188 27
Elena always found her childhood best friend attractive but she didn't know she had feelings for him till he started dating her best friend so she ha...