Bad Boys and Leather Jackets

By DorkyCat

Lucy Heartfilia moves to a new school, The Fairy Tail Institute, expecting her last year at high school to be... More

Chapter 1: Nerves
Chapter 2: Curiosity
Chapter 3: Fear
Chapter 4: Realization
Chapter 5: Smiling
Chapter 6: Frowning
Chapter 7: Comfort
Chapter 8: Questions
Chapter 9: Courage
Chapter 10: Protector
Chapter 11: Secrets
Chapter 12: Explanation
Chapter 13: The Question
Chapter 15: Details
Chapter 16: Purple Lilies
Chapter 17: Trouble
Chapter 18: Trust
Chapter 19: Party
Chapter 20: Surprise
Chapter 21: Concern
Chapter 22: Lucy and Anna
Chapter 23: Inevitable
Chapter 24: Future
Epilogue
Author's Note
Book 2?
BOOK 2 IS OUT
The Kids

Chapter 14: The Date

39.7K 1.1K 1.5K
By DorkyCat

~Lucy's POV~

The cool night air danced through my hair, pulling at every strand it could catch. Natsu's back was radiating heat onto the front of my body. I felt so comfortable being in his presence. 

The stars shimmered above us. They caught your attention at every angle. I couldn't help but stare up into the black abyss. My mouth fell agape as I captured the world's beauty. If I had my camera on me, I would for sure take a picture. 

Natsu's bike continued to sputter down the stone path until we reached a series of tall buildings. Light from the streetlamps reflected off of their walls, creating an even brighter filter. Downtown was always busy. There were people walking around no matter what time you arrived. 

After a few minutes, we finally passed the large mass of people. Natsu turned into a parking garage, waving directly at the ticket salesman. The salesman was wearing a neon green coat signifying that he was in charge of the cash. He made a friendly gesture and gladly let Natsu into the garage, no charge necessary. Does he know everyone in this town? 

"Do you know everyone in this city?" I questioned as the bike came to a complete stop. 

"I wish!" Natsu said through a laugh. He unbuckled his helmet and shook his head vigorously. "Man I really should get this cut," Natsu said as he ruffled his hair. 

"No!" The words popped out of my mouth before I could even process their meaning. I instantly covered my mouth, blush creeping up onto my cheeks. 

"You like my hair Lucy?" He stood up from the bike, eyeing me with a smirk. 

"So what if I do?" I replied, unbuckling my helmet as well. I tried extremely hard to conceal my embarrassment. I shook my head as well, making sure to pat down my gold locks. 

"Aw that's cute," Natsu said as he poked my side. I let out a high and shrill noise from the unexpected notion. My voice echoed off of the concrete walls, traveling for three or four seconds. All Natsu could do was laugh at my embarrassment. "Come on, lets go Luce." He tucked the keys inside one of the pockets on his leather jacket. 

"Do you always wear that jacket?" I questioned, my curiosity proving to get the best of me. 

"Well, haven't you been paying attention. Thanks for look sweet cheeks." Natsu sent me a wink which caused my previously red face to deepen with color. 

"I haven't been staring, it was just an observation." I once again tried to hide my mistake. We walked through the parking garage, our steps echoing as they hit the pavement. "Where are we going Natsu?" I asked as we entered the floor level of the parking garage. 

"Places," Natsu said with a devious smile on his face. 

"That's really specific Natsu, I'll be sure to recomend it to all of my friends." I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes. To others around us, our bickering may seem cruel, but it's all play in the end. 

"Just wait," Natsu said as he placed his hands behind his head. He kicked his feet up high in the air and continued to walk in his confident pose. "Rufus!" Natsu yelled as we passed under the opening to the garage. 

"Natsu! It's been a while." Rufus and Natsu did their weird boy hug thing as I stood there silently.  I remained a few steps behind Natsu to insure their privacy. I wasn't really apart of the conversation, so why interrupt? "What have you been up to?" Rufus said as his eyes shifted to mine. His caramel eyes complimented his dirty blonde hair quite nicely. 

"Oh, you know, the usual." Natsu said casually, not really noticing my exclusion from the group. 

"Who's this?" Rufus pointed directly at me, which caused me to react. 

"Sorry, I'm Lucy. I should've introduced myself back there." I took a tiny step towards Rufus and simply waved. 

"Hi Lucy, are you one of Natsu's friends?" The question was so simple, yet I found myself stumped. Natsu and I are friends, but we aren't solitary friends. We were something more than that. We aren't friends with benefits, that's too intimate. We aren't dating either, which is what I'm hoping for in the future. 

"Yea," I said cheerfully. I showed a toothy grin as a friendly response. I could feel Natsu smile at my genuine reaction. I started pulling at the hem of my sweater due to my nervousness. Meeting people wasn't exactly my strong suit. Natsu then gave Rufus a look which made him smirk. It was like Morse code, something I couldn't understand. 

"Cool. Well I'll see you around Natsu. Have a good night Lucy." Rufus said politely as he returned to his post. I internally sighed out of relief. He was one of Natsu's friends, so it was important that he liked me. I'm such a worrywart. I swear one day it will drive me crazy. 

"Earth to Lucy, lets go!" Natsu waved his hands in front of my face to snap me out of me haze. I flinched and returned to reality. 

"Sorry, I just got a little distracted." Natsu smiled and pulled me out of the parking garage. We continued to walk to a destination I wasn't aware of. 

We soon arrived to a little restaurant located near the cinema called The Lucky Duckling. The appearance looked quite warm and peaceful. There were bonsai plants located outside of the door giving the restaurant a Japanese image. 

"Wow, it's so beautiful!" My mouth fell agape when I noticed the small coy pound located in the corner of the entrance. The two fish swam in slow circle, representing ying and yang. Natsu had run off to take to the hostess, but I continued to stare in awe of this restaurants appearance. 

I slightly jumped as I felt a hand lightly grab the side of my arm. 

"Come on Luce, I'm hungry!" Natsu whined as he pulled me towards the hostess. I smiled at his childish reaction, letting him tug me around. He pouted his lips making me melt. We were guided towards a table in the corner of the restaurant.

The room was pretty busy. People were eating, socializing, and laughing loudly. I liked the quaint area where our table was placed. There were candles placed on every table, creating a very romantic setting. Natsu pulled out my chair for me, being such a cute gentlemen. 

"Thank you," I replied to show my gratitude. We sat down and just began talking. We talked about everything from our childhood, to our favorite animals. I didn't really press him on his childhood because I knew it was a sensitive topic. 

His favorite color was red, he explained it as a fiery red. His favorite animal was a dragon. Even though they might not be real, his passion was cute. We ordered sushi, a favorite food that Natsu and I share in common. We both ordered California rolls, smiling from ear to ear. 

We were probably the loudest couple in restaurant. We kept receiving skeptical glances, scrutinizing  our youthful behavior. Though we didn't really care, we were just having fun. 

The sushi was amazing, and it wasn't that expensive either. After some arguing, Natsu finally convinced me that he was going to pay. I tried to leave the tip, but he refused. He didn't want me to pay a cent. He pouted his lips, which ultimately persuaded me. 

We then went to the movie. We saw a movie called Bright Stars. It was a romantic comedy with a hint of drama. There weren't that many people in the theatre, so we got to sit anywhere we wanted. 

Even though we literally just ate, Natsu bought a pail of popcorn. He bought it for us to share, but he mainly ate the buttered goodness. His stomach is like a pit, can never be filled. 

During the film, my hand accidentally brushed Natsu's as I was reaching for a piece of popcorn. Without hesitation, Natsu grabbed my hand. I looked over at him expecting some kind of reaction, but he looked completely normal. He lightly intertwined his fingers with mine. I was internally freaking out.

I freaked out to the extent where I physically couldn't concentrate on the movie. I hoped my hand wasn't sweating, or too cold, or too hot. Natsu didn't give me any sign that I was doing something wrong, so my heart beat slowly steadied. 

On the other hand, Natsu's hand felt comforting. His hand felt strong, protecting, caring. I couldn't stop smiling after my mini panic attack. 

After the movie, our hands disconnected for the first time since the beginning of the film. It felt weird not to have him directly at my side. The empty space between us felt foreign. 

We criticized the movie as we drove home. I thought it was really good, but Natsu was more into action films. He claims he picked it because he knew I would like it. He teased me about shipping the two main characters hardcore. 

"I'm a hopeless romantic, it's in my nature!" I screamed over the rushing wind. All he did was laugh and shake his head. We made it home in no time, finding Gildarts asleep behind the concierge desk. Things changed as soon as we entered the elevator. 

Natsu beat me to the buttons, pressing floor 30 instead of 18. 

"Why are we going to floor 30?" I asked, tilting my head out of confusion. 

"It's a surprise, I can't tell you." Natsu tapped my nose lightly with his finger. I scrunched my nose in reaction to his touch. 

"Why not?" I whined, I really didn't like secrets. 

"I'm not telling you princess." Natsu said as he leaned against the side of the elevator. He closed his eyes as the elevator continued to pass each floor.

"I'm not a princess!" I stomped my foot and crossed my arms. He opened one of his eyes, glaring at me. 

"Will you just let me surprise you?" He said as he ruffled my hair. He laughed at my childish reaction, which made me appreciate his goofy behavior. 

As soon as the elevator stopped, Natsu covered my eyes with his hands. 

"What are you doing?" I asked through a laugh, one of my senses instantly being taken away from me.

"I told you, it's a surprise. No peeking," he said as he poked my back. He guided me out of the elevator and up a flight of stairs. What seem like a huge metal door loudly creaked open. A chilling breeze suddenly hit my face. Outside? How were we suddenly outside again?

I allowed Natsu to keep guiding me through the darkness. Losing your sense of sight can be extremely nerve racking. I trusted Natsu, so my nerves were easily settled. 

"Okay, open." Natsu said as he removed his hands. My eyes fluttered open, a dark blue sky surrounding us. We were on the roof, the tiny city displayed below us. I widened my eyes at the pretty sight. 

"Wow," I said as I stared out towards the city. The view from Natsu's room was stupendous, but this was amazing. I literally felt on top of the world. Everything from the cars to the people looked like little ants below us.

"I like to come up here to clear my head," Natsu suddenly said as he sat down on the cold concrete. He placed his hands behind his head, sitting in a casual position.

"It's beautiful," I replied, sitting down next to him. I stared at his face, the city lights reflecting off of his pupils. His hair flowed through the wind, drawing me to look at his shaggy mop. He caught me looking, which made my face go red. 

I stared at the ground, letting the cool breeze calm down my embarrassment.

"Thank you for tonight," I replied before he could tease me. I traced my finger through a crack on the ground, expressing how timid I actually was. 

"It was my pleasure Lucy," Natsu said as he moved closer to me. "I hope you had a good time." 

"I di-" I turned my head in the direction of his voice, finding myself inches from his face. I parted my lips due to how shocked I was. He was smiling, showing no sign of nerves. "I-I had a great time." I said as a tint of pink crept across my cheeks. 

I looked away from him, focusing my attention on the city below. I could feel his stare burning into my soul. I then felt his fingers graze my cheek. He tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear, causing me to meet his eyes. 

"I'm sorry, I just can't help myself."  Natsu said as he cupped my face. He unexpectedly closed the inches between us. It was like time had stopped. Nothing else mattered except for this very moment. 

It felt like Natsu and I were the only people in the entire world. 

A perfect way to end a perfect night. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 4.6K 26
Lucy Heartfillia is the type of girl that people don't notice. She likes it that way. She had her friends and didn't get unwanted attention. But one...
738 27 14
Lucy Heartfilia is the princess of popularity. She is the most popular girl in Fairy Tail High, she is also the sexiest/hottest girl there, making it...
2.6K 134 11
Natsu Dragneel has always had strange rumors floating around about him at school. A new girl named Lucy Heartfilia sees him in her class and they bec...
2.1K 49 18
When Lucy Heartfilia get's a scholarship to Fairy Tail High, a music based highschool what will she do when she gets partnered up with the egoistical...