The Flip Side

By Obi-Wat

Flippy is a 14 year old boy with no friends, and had real bad PTSD. He spent pretty much his whole life in th... More

Author's Note
Going Away
Nightmare
Arrival
Meeting Lumpy
Moving in and making friends
First Day of School (Part 1)
First Day of School (Part 2)
Therapist
Telling the Truth
Splendont vs Fliqpy
Enter the Monk
Help?
An old friend (Part 1)
An old friend (Part 2)
The past comes to the future
As One
Operation: Save Flaky and Splendont

Loves in the air

3K 82 93
By Obi-Wat

The drama room was huge in Flippy's eyes, all the walls and floor were made out of black carpet while there was no windows. The only light coming from the outside was the glass window on the door.

Mrs Hartley the drama teacher was a short women who had to where high heels to make herself look taller, she had light brown nearly blond curly hair tied back in a bun. A very big happy smile sat on her face as she looked at the class in front of her.

"I see we have a new student joining us" Mrs Hartley said as looking over at Flippy.

"Careful Miss he might try and shove a microphone down your throat" Splendont sneered.

"Oh shut up Splendont" said Splendid from the other side of the room. Flippy looked up at Splendid to see he was leaning against the wall not giving any eye contact.

"Why the hell is he helping you?" Fliqpy suddenly spoke. "I-I don't know" Flippy froze.

"At least he might have had a good reason for it, unlike you Splendont you just torture people for entertainment" said a unexpected voice from the corner of the room. Everyone looked over to see a black haired boy with dark blue highlights.

"Oh shut it Trent, you weren't around when Flippy tried to kill Ben" said Shifty making everyone else gasp in horror, apart from Splendid, Flaky, Lifty and Splendont.

Flippy could now feel everyone staring at him with big terrified eyes. "Deep breaths, deep breaths" he kept telling himself. "Well that isn't actually true Shifty, I was passing by when I saw Flippy holding the knife up to Ben's neck, and to me it looked like he was struggling to control himself " said Trent making Flippy look at him shocked.

"H-how did he know?" Flippy whispered. "I don't like that guy he's got trouble written all over him" Fliqpy grumbled. "Oh what and like you don't" Flippy rolled his eyes.

"Is that right Flippy?" said Trent as walking up to the teen's side. "Y-yeah" Flippy said before even realising he said it. "That's settles it then, Flippy had no idea what he was doing and so it's not his fault now lets get back to the lesson shall we" said Trent.

"Oh okay then" said Mrs Hartley feeling very awkward. "Now I'm going to put you into twos and you have to act out the balcony scene from "Romeo and Juliet" okay" everyone nodded.

"Err Trent is it thanks back there" said Flippy as getting to his feet. "I mean you really didn't have to."

"Err yes he did" Fliqpy started. "Shut up Fliqpy" Flippy mumbled. 

"No problem mate, I make it my job to keep the peace round here no matter what the situation is" Trent smiled. 

"Arr that's so sweet I think I'm going to hurl" said Fliqpy disgustedly. 

"Heh it's not like anyone died or anything right" Trent laughed. 

"He is so dead."     

"Heh right" Flippy said with a fake smile. 

"Now because Flippy is new I'll pick someone to go with him so he he's not left out" said Mrs Hartley as looking round at her class. "Now let's see- Flaky how about you?" 

"W-well m-miss" Flaky shakily started.

"Please miss in Flaky's condition I don't think that's a good idea" said Splendid.

"Condition?" Flippy whispered.

"No r-really S-splendid its f-fine" Flaky mumbled. 

"Are you shore Flaky?" Splendid stared with big concered eyes.

"Yeah flippy boy over there might end up giving her a heart attack" Splendont laughed before getting punched in the face by a raging Splendid. The red haired fell back into the wall leaving everyone to stare. 

"Alright you two that is enough you may be able to take each others punches but we can't, Flaky it's up to you" said Mrs Hartley. Making eye contacted Flaky even though inside her head was screaming no, something else deep in the bottom of her heart was saying yes, so without any further or do she nodded her head in agreement.

"Alright then, everyone else find a partner and I'll give you a script each" said Mrs Hartley as waving the scripts in her hand. 

2 minutes later 

Flippy and Flaky stood in front of each other, scripts in hand looking at each other then back down at script. Feeling very awkward Flippy decided to start:

"But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?

It is the east and Juliet is the sun!

Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,

Who is already sick and pale with grief" it was then Flippy stopped for a second and looked up into Flaky's scarlet red eyes, who seemed to be listening yet also looking like she was in her own world. It made Flippy's heart jump a beat as looking into her so soft and gentle eyes. What was this feeling that made him feel so hot all a sudden? Quickly taking his eyes away not wanting to look like an idiot, he cleared his throat before carrying on.

That thou her maid art far more fair than she.

Be not her maid, since she is envious;

Her vestal livery is but sick and green,

And none but fools do wear it. Cast it off.

It is my lady, O, it is my love!

O that she knew she were!

She speaks, yet she says nothing; what of that?

Her eye discourses, I will answer it.

I am too bold: 'tis not to me she speaks.

Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven,

Having some business, do entreat her eyes

To twinkle in their spheres till they return.

What if her eyes were there, they in her head?

The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars,

As daylight doth a lamp. Her eyes in heaven

Would through the airy region stream so bright

That birds would sing and think it were not night.

See how she leans her cheek upon her hand

O that I were a glove upon that hand,

That I might touch that cheek!" It was then Flippy finished and waited for Flaky who still seemed to be in her own world when she shook her head a little feeling a blush come to her face for seeming so stupid and then looked down at her script hiding her face while at it, this making Flippy blush himself a little from how cute she looked.

"Wait did I just think that?" Flippy quickly asked himself.

"Yes you did lover boy, and once I get free I'm going to have a little fun with little Flaky here" Fliqpy laughed evilly.

"Don't you dare" Flippy hissed.

"Ay me!"

"Sorry" Flippy shook his head.

"Ay me!" Flaky mumbled shyly. Looking at the girl in front of him Flippy just stared before realising what he was doing. "Oh right sorry" he said as looking back down at the script feeling really ignorant. "Nice going lover boy making a fool out of yourself like that" Fliqpy sneered.

Ignoring his counterpart Flippy carried on:

She speaks.

O, speak again, bright angel, for thou art

As glorious to this night, being o'er my head,

As is a winged messenger of heaven

Unto the white-upturned wondering eyes

Of mortals that fall back to gaze on him

When he bestrides the lazy-puffing clouds

And sails upon the bosom of the air.

Flaky: O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?

Deny thy father and refuse thy name;

Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,

And I'll no longer be a Capulet.

Flippy: Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?

Flaky: 'Tis but thy name that is my enemy:

Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.

What's Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot,

Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part

Belonging to a man. O, be some other name.

What's in a name? That which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet;

So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,

Retain that dear perfection which he owes

Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,

And for that name, which is no part of thee,

Take all myself.

Flippy: I take thee at thy word.

Call me but love, and I'll be new baptis'd;

Henceforth I never will be Romeo.

Flaky: What man art thou that, thus bescreened in night,

So stumblest on my counsel?

Flippy: By a name

I know not how to tell thee who I am:

My name, dear saint, is hateful to myself,

Because it is an enemy to thee.

Had I it written, I would tear the word.

Flaky: My ears have yet not drunk a hundred words

Of thy tongue's uttering, yet I know the sound.

Art thou not Romeo, and a Montague?

Flippy: Neither, fair saint, if either thee dislike.

Flaky: How cam'st thou hither, tell me, and wherefore?

The orchard walls are high and hard to climb,

And the place death, considering who thou art,

If any of my kinsmen find thee here.

Flippy: With love's light wings did I o'erperch these walls,

For stony limits cannot hold love out,

And what love can do, that dares love attempt:

Therefore thy kinsmen are no stop to me." Coming to a stop Flippy and Flaky looked at each other both having small smiles on their faces for some reason. 

"Well I'll be damned" suddenly came Trent's voice. The two looked over before noticing everyone around the room was looking at them.

"What?" Flippy asked. 

"That was so romantic and spot on" Mrs Hartley smiled. 

"Who knew the army boy had it in him" Shifty nudged his twin brother.

Without warning surprisingly there came a thud from besides Flippy, the teen looking over soon turned worried as he saw Flaky lying on her back out cold. "What just happened to her?"

"That would be Flaky's anxiety disorder" said Splendid as walking up to the girl and bending beside her. "Miss is it alright for me to take Flaky to the nurse's office?" Mrs Hartley nodded as Splendid picked the unconscious teen up and was about to head out. 

As this was going on Flippy had taken steps back into the wall behind him, trying to stay as calm as possible. A flashback had suddenly snuck up on him and was making the teen grab his head in serve pain and breath uncontrollably. 

There was some sort of women lying in front of his shaking body. "I know her but... but who is she" he struggled as everything started to turn dark. "They killed her Flippy, everyone in this room has just killed Flaky" Fliqpy's voice shadowed around Flippy as he clutched over trying to stay calm. 

"No she just fainted that's all" he breathed slowly. "She just fainted" he repeated and then slowly started to gain conciousness. When gaining fully awareness Flippy looked over and saw Splendid about to leave the room. "Splendid wait up, I want to come too."

The blue haired teen stopped to stare at the green haired boy with hard shot eyes before slowly nodding and leaving the room.        

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 12.8K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...
161K 4.6K 64
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
30.4K 1K 15
Ichigo Red Kurosaki (Ichigo Kurosaki) is the town's cute little teenage boy who loves to spend time in the forest at the edge of the town's limits, a...
9.5K 828 13
a simple and cute story