The Risk

By BeautyHeartBouquet

All Rights Reserved!!! BoyxBoy, Book One, Completed. Abandoned and left to die in due time, Avery i... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine

Chapter Five

15.2K 661 110
By BeautyHeartBouquet

"Hey! Come on!" I yelled as something pushed me aside, I turned to see it was a small toddler as it ran quickly into the house.

I quickly managed to balance the tray of meat and took a calming breath before something bombarded past me, knocking into my leg and causing it to buckle but I quickly managed to catch myself against the wall as I furiously turned to look at the children as one chased the other. The second child that pushed past me was covered in mud, it encased the toddler's body as it giggled while running after the first child that was crying and whining while tightly clutching a white stuff bunny in the hopes of not getting it dirty.

"Halt!" I yelled, causing them both to come to an abrupt stop as I sat the tray down on the table and took a deep breath to calm myself. "Outside." I said sternly.

I sighed exhaustingly as I placed my hand on my slightly budding stomach, it was growing larger at a faster rate and I was curious to know if it was just a pregnancy thing or if my body had gotten used to accommodating children already. Large, beefy arms circled around my waist and a smile came over my face as I turned to look at the large man behind me, he had electric gray eyes that stared down at me with love as he wore a large smile on his face. His five o'clock shadow was so handsome and his heavenly scent only made me want to bury my face in his chest, something I happily did as he held me close to him.

"You're getting stressed love, it's not good for the baby." I sighed as I laid against his chest, smiling at his concern.

"I know it's not, that's why I'm taking the day off and you're watching the kids tomorrow, think you can handle that?" I asked, looking up at him as he smirked.

"I'm an Alpha, I can handle anything." Barry said, making me smile as he gently pecked my forehead before back-walking me toward the bed. "In the mean time..." He trialed as he waggled his eyebrows as a laugh irrupted from my throat.

"No, Barry. The babies could bust in at any time, and they'll have all the questions... all the questions to why we're connected, babe. Do you not remember what happened last time?"

"I remember, but, I'll be sneakier and actually use the cover this time." I rolled my eyes.

"Barry, go check on the babies, I hear some yelling."

"Alright, alright." He playfully huffed before pouting and stomping off with the cute, adorable but fake pout.

I shook my head as I walked to the bed and slowly laid down-

"Avery... Avery!" I flinched as I confusingly looked around myself.

It immediately dawned on me where I was as I relaxed a little with a small yawn before turning to see what was going on, I looked at Barry in confusion before dropping my eyes to see that I had took the center of the bed and made myself comfortable there. I slowly scooted closer to one side and felt the bed sink as I plugged my nose with the pillow to get away from the terrible stench of girl perfume, I closed my eyes in the attempt to go back to my dream when I felt Barry moving some more. I opened my eyes and waited for him to settle as I felt his heat radiating off of him, meaning he was rather close and then a gust of air against my scalp only confirmed that he was directly behind me. 

I slowly turned to look at him with a face of slight annoyance as he scooted only closer to me and cleared his throat, his eyes stared into mine as I waited for him to get comfortable before he cut his eyes away and rolled onto his back, jarring the bed once more. I laid my head back down and closed my eyes with the thought of sleep once more on my mind, a soft silence fell over us and the only sound I could hear was the sound of the same owl that was still up and the soft hushes of voices that were slowly retiring home. 

I peeked out my eye to see it was still nighttime, meaning he had arrived maybe half an hour or a full hour later after I went to sleep. I closed my eyes and willed myself to go back to sleep as I yawned and waited for sleep to overcome me, but with Barry constantly thrashing on the other side of me, I was finding it difficult. I remained silent, knowing he had the right to flip and flop all he wanted because it was his hut and it was his bed.

"I'm sorry if I'm keeping you awake." Barry said suddenly, making me open my eyes and glance in his direction. "It's just..." He trialed, signing.

"You should get some rest, maybe it'll help you." I whispered as I laid my head down and closed my eyes, not really wanting to find out what was going through his head.

"I can't." He whispered, I bit my lip as I fought to not interact with him in any sort of way. "My wolf won't stop howling." He finished.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, not sure how to really help him.

"It's not your fault," Barry sighed," it's mine, I know what I did."

Don't ask! Don't ask! "What... did you do?" I asked, staring at the wall.

I felt him shift on the bed and I glanced in his direction before laying my head back down in the pillow, the stench of perfume was still lingering in the air and I could tell it wasn't going to fade anytime soon, was that normal? Silence fell over us, and I was very sure that Barry wasn't going to answer my question as I waited patiently for an answer, one that I probably wasn't going to get because it wasn't my business.

"It's okay, it's none of my b-"

"Nothing." He whispered, making me go silent as I waited for him to clarify. "We did nothing but kiss and touch, that's it... no penetration."

I believed him, I was still upset at the thought of her touching him but I knew it was better than them actually having sex. I felt a heavy weight being lifted off my shoulder, I felt my muscles relax as I waited for Barry to finish what he had to say, I was jumping for joy on the inside while trying to look completely calm on the outside. I pulled my legs up into my body as a small smile came over my face, I wasn't sure if this was pure luck or not but I was very happy to know they didn't have sex. That meant there was still a chance, because his wolf was howling to irritate him purposely. But, if his wolf was docile, would he had went along and had sex with her in the forest, possibly impregnating her like he impregnated me.

"Did you want to?" I asked quietly.

"I'd like to think I wouldn't," A large smile came over my face and I didn't try to hide it because I felt so much joy that he was starting to see me again," she deserves better than that."

I felt my heart crumble at what he said, I couldn't believe he thought she deserved anything from the way she acted around the others at the bonfire, she was so antisocial and it was obvious she was making fun of people. I felt my anger boil as it dawned on me, and my realization only made me angrier as I thought about it.

"And I didn't?" I pressed onward, balling my fist up as I stared at the wall of the hut I was facing.

His silence amazed me, I could only snort and close my eyes while willing my anger to subside so I could go to sleep, but my hopes were unheard as I laid wide awake now, my anger was only growing the longer I laid at his side, feeling his heat. I couldn't believe him right now, he thought she deserved better, what about me? His mate! Did I deserve to be thrown against a tree and raped against my will? Did I deserve to be humiliated when I told my entire family about it the day afterward? Did I deserve to be thrown out of my own home and forced to come find him? No, I didn't! I didn't deserve any of these, I didn't drag him into a forest and had sex with him! So why did I deserve to have this happen to me... because of HIM!

"You didn't." He whispered, I licked my lips as I kept my eyes closed tight shut and took a deep breath to calm myself, I wanted to think rationally. "I told you, my wolf couldn't resist yours."

"So it's your wolf's fault? You don't have to be liable when it's your body doing it?" I asked.

He remained quiet as I waited for an answer, one that I knew I wasn't going to get because it was what he did all the time, he'd leave me out to think on my own without a clue what he was thinking. Every night, I sat in someone's fields, against a tree, or behind a bush and cried myself to sleep without a doubt that he was sleeping peacefully. He didn't know what he did but it still wasn't fair for him to blame his wolf and think that everything would be okay, I wasn't okay! I was only eighteen and had no clue about raising a child, but I was going to try my hardest, with or without him.

"That's like me raping a person and saying: My wolf liked him and took over. Oh well, hopefully it won't happen again but sorry not sorry, ya know. But! Oh wait, that did happen." I huffed, feeling tears pull at the edge of my eyes and I wanted to physically beat myself for crying, again!

"I know it's hard for yo-"

"Hard?" I asked, turning to look at him with the tears still in my eyes. "You don't have a clue what I've been through."

"No, I don't. And I'm hoping that I can make it up to you one day, I'm going to try my hardest to raise our child with you, even if it means we're not on good terms."

"Even when that means they're calling someone else Daddy?" I asked, watching as his expression immediately darkened and he turned to look at me with hard gray eyes.

"No one will ever be calling my child their son or daughter, no one." Barry said, staring at me as he got to his knees and pulled up short as we came face to face. "I'm not playing with you, Avery. I put that child inside of you and I can easily take it out, that's my baby too and we're going to have to learn to co-parent, even if it drives one of us insane."

"You don't have a clue what you're talking a-"

"I might not but I do know one thing, I'm not going to sit back and let my child call another man his or her Dad, I won't." Barry vowed, staring at me with a stern expression to let me know he was serious.

"And I won't sit back and let my baby call someone else Mommy." I whispered, turning my head away from him as I curled up on my side.

"So that's what this is about... you're jealous..." Barry said, I could hear the laughter in his voice as he sat up and stared down at me from his side of the bed.

"Goodnight, Barry." I said as sternly as I could, closing my eyes as I reached up and wiped the tears that fell from my eyes with a small sniff.

"Oh, no you don't." He grabbed my arm gently and pulled me to look at him with a little force but more than I expected. "You're jealous of me and her... you love me."

"Of course I love you, you idiot! We're mates." I sobbed, reaching up and hiding my face with my hands as I cried.

I couldn't fight the tears that continuously poured down my cheeks, making my palms blurry as I closed my eyes and cried, I heard Barry sigh as he sat while watching me cry, I dropped my hands and wiped my tears with a big sniff as a few stray tears feel from my eyelashes. I'm such a crybaby, why don't I just grow up already and move on with life? It was obvious that Barry had moved on, he had gotten him a girlfriend and was already talking about marital statuses, I'd just crumble if they did end up marrying one another, Barry didn't love her, he loved me! 

I just wished I could show him how much I cared and he finally see that I'm here and I've came this way to make sure we end up as a family with one another and our baby. I didn't know what made Abbigail so perfect, I could have babies and she could too, I had nice hair and she did too but she was beautiful... maybe that's why he couldn't see me because she was so beautiful and I was ugly with a large beach ball-sized belly. I wiped my stray tears as I buried my face in the pillow with my eyes closed, I listened to the silence as I felt Barry's blue eyes boring a hole into me while he waited for me to make my next move but I wasn't to sure what to do next myself.

"Avery." Barry whispered, putting his big warm hand on my elbow. "If it makes you feel any better... I'm sorry."

Shockingly, it did make me feel a little better as I relaxed a little because I knew he was probably freaked out over my outburst, I slowly sat up and when he saw that I was struggling, he even helped me sit up. I stared at Barry as he looked at me with a pitied expression, I wasn't upset about his expression but one thing that did catch my attention was his pursed lips that he had tightly pushed against one another. I wanted to know what they felt like, were they soft and warm or where they chapped and cold? I slowly got to my knees and inched toward him as he looked at me in confusion, I felt my hair brushing against the back of my arms as I crawled to him carefully. 

Now closer to him, I stared into his confused blue eyes before leaning closer while dropping my eyes to his delicious, pink, kissable lips that made me excited to no end as I moved closer. I placed my hand on his chest as I paused only an inch away from his lips, wanting him to press his lips against mine, I knew exactly what I was doing and I wanted to see if he wanted to kiss me. I could imagine the gears in his head turning as he debated his choice, growing a little impatient, I started to pull away until his lips pressed against mine and he put his arm around my waist. I moaned at the pressure of his lips against mine as I ran my hands along his pecs, feeling the hardness of his muscles as he laid his hands on my hips and slowly pulled away, I followed him for a second before pulling away as I looked at him for a second, wanting his reaction. 

Barry only stared at me for a second, his eyes searching mine as I smiled very lightly before pulling away because I knew that he wasn't hooked just yet, I slowly crawled back to my side of the bed and got under the animal skins of warm fur before closing my eyes to go back to sleep until I heard the sound of a loud yell that was meant to wake everyone in the yelling person's vicinity! My heart suddenly raced in my chest as I realized I had kissed Barry, the feeling of his soft lips against mine only made me want to curl up and sleep for eternity because of how loved and warm I felt inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 668 42
There are many types of mates in the werewolf world. Alpha x Alpha, Omega x Beta, Alpha x Beta, Beta x Beta, Omega x Alpha, But there has never been...
391K 14.9K 43
Crispin Jafir is known for being a kind and gentle Alpha to his very small pack of only 30 werewolves. The Redstone Pack might as well be non-existen...
236K 13.3K 41
There first meeting wasn't great. One was called rude and the other thought he was childish. More than one encounters couldn't just be an incident. B...
3.8M 158K 42
Book One in Mate Trilogy Sorenson was adopted at a young age, into a family that was abusive. His 'parents' would adopt more and more children and du...