Indecisive | The Maze Runner...

η”± starshinefiction

She awoke in a dark box with no memory of the past. She soon learns that she is the only girl in the glade, a... ζ›΄ε€š

Indecisive
The Box
2
The Glade
Getting Comfortable
The Tattoo
Track Hoeing
Shower
Slicers
Safe
Stupid
Grievers
The cliff
Stay
Banishment
Jealous
Lazy
Some place
My girl
Couldve been me
Confessions
Plans
Star sailor
Exposed
We need you
Guards
Reality
Past memories
The final chapter
Authors note
An authors note (finally)

The Walls

22.4K 523 816
η”± starshinefiction

Her feet pulled her as fast as she could go, toward the opening in the wall.

After hearing the words 'we're stuck in here' Lythias mind went into fight or flight mose, and seeing the stone wich held them prisoner open up, she ran, she wanted out. foolish really, she didn't know for sure if this was going to be an escape.

'Lythia! Lythia stop!' Newt shouted, she heard his footsteps close behind her, and picked up her pace, weaved between the animal pens, newt falling far behind her. she was shocked at how agile she was, and as newt looked on in horror, breathless, he was just as shocked. She was going to get out. She was not staying prisoner with everyone else.

'Bloody hell!' Newts exasperated voice got further away. She was getting closer. 'THE SLINTHEAD GREENIE IS GOING FOR THE MAZE' newts voice echoed.

All eyes turned to her, which only spurred her on to carry on running, ignore the shouts, and any words that newt said she pushed to the back of her head.

 she was so close, so close to getting out of here.

'Why isn't anybody stopping her?!' A gruff voice sounded. She recognised the voice, it made a shiver of fear run down her spine.

  Gally.

'STOP!' He shouted, as she turned to see him running after her, tripping slightly as she carried on. Herself and Gally were the only ones making any movement at this point, the awe and horror on everyone elses faces as they stood still like statues, watching a cat and mouse chase.

 The wall was an arms length away, Lythia smiled to herself, she was there.

Suddenly, the smile was replaced with pain as she was tackled to the ground, landing with a thud, face down, a heavy body weighing her down.

She thrashed and shouted, trying to get up, failing miserably as it was clear her strength was no match for the brute on top of her.

 'Get off!' she shouted, pushing and kicking.

 'Will you stop?!' Gallys voice said over her, his large hands trying to pin hers down.

She'd struggled for a further 3 minutes, until newt and a dark haired boy, helped pin down her arms and legs.

She was exhausted. She was defeated. The poor girl should have known she wasn't going to win. She craned  her neck to get a view. Gally was still on top of her, still aided by Newt and the other boy, who she hadn't seen until this moment. The rest of the glade population stood around, watching her, whispering. 

'You don't wanna go in there greenie' Gally whispered. 'You really don't.'

She felt tears running down her face, a mixture of pain and the mysterious feeling she got when this boy was aggressive toward her.

 'But it's a way out' she whimpered.

'No! It's not! Somewhere out there is an exit but you're not gonna find it just running out there you slinthead! It's dangerous! You'll get lost and they'll eventually get you. Nobody enters the maze unless they're a runner!' He shouted.

'Well then explain!' she cried. 'Cause I deserve to know everything.'

'What are you looking at? Get back to work!' Gally shouted at the other gladers, who immediately obeyed.

'My name is not 'greenie'' she scowled, 'it's LYTHIA'

**
Gally, newt, and the unknown boy took her to the medical part of the homestead, to tend to her wounds.

It was basic, just like the outside, rickety and seemed unsafe. work sufaces made of sanded wood were on every wooden wall, littered with medical equipment, plasters, scissors, antiseptic spray, bandages, almost everything Lythia could think of. a few of the drawers were locked, and in the centre stood an island table, a cloth covering the surface.

 'Newt, get chuck. Thomas, get a medjack' Gally ordered, flashing him a scowl.

Thomas..

The boy she called out for when she got here? The reason she was in the slammer?

She sat on the wooden table, wanting to ask about Thomas, yet her mouth spoke a different question than what she meant to.

 'What's a medjack?' 

her feet were dangling off the table, only just scathing the floor.

'The closest thing we have to a doctor' Gally said, searching the drawers.

'I don't need a doctor' she snapped.

'I'm not stupid I'm just curious.'

'I'm not getting you a medjack cause of your stupidity. I'm getting you a medjack cause of the huge cut on your cheek' he snapped back, turning around pointing to his own.

Suddenly she felt a huge pain searing through her face. She didn't even notice until he'd said.

'So are you gonna explain?' Lythia inquisitively asked.

He sighed, keeping his back to her. Rude.

'It's a maze. Out of those walls. A huge maze.

We have runners;  they search through it every single day, they have done for over 4 years, searching for a way out.

Theres things out there. Don't ask me, cause you, of all people, don't need to know. You'll die if you even try to go out there. So don't do it again.' He finished. 

'Where the hell is that damn medjack?!' He growled.

Lythia wasn't really expecting Gally to tell her anything. Se was taken aback, for from what she'd experienced, he was stubborn and angry, he hurt her wether it be by accident or not, she was slightly afraid of him yet he'd told her the facts before anyone else.

Newt wouldn't say; Minho wouldn't continue, alby told them not to, but why? It would have been a lot easier for them all.

 'Why are you telling me this? Why are you being.. Nice ? Seems to me like you didn't evencare about me.. why stop me from going out there?' she asked.

 Lythia was always one to say whats on her mind, not bothering If it landed her in hot water or not, she was honest.

He paused rummaging through the drawers, which Lythia was sure he was doing just for the sake of it by now, and he looked at her.

'I'm not being nice. I had no choice but to tell you, or else you would of tried that stunt again. I need you- we need you for the extra jobs around here shank.' He quickly stuttered, turning away. 'I don't want you to die. Jesus' he mumbled.

A male burst in, looking aroud 17, slight fluff on his chin which would probably pass for a beard of some sort. He instantly ran to a drawer behind Lythia, pulling out a bottle and a bandage, and going over to her, looking at my face.

'She got cut when I stopped her from running away' Gally said, as he walked to the door, and Lythia could have sworn she seen a glimmer in his eyes, either guilt or concern. 

'Chucks outside. Hi I'm clint. Imma fix that cut for ya. What's your name?' He asked her, joyfully. 'Lythia' she told him.

Gally swivelled around, that same look on his face. He turned back just as quick, and walked out the door.

'how's he treatin' ya' Clint asked, his accent thick with American.

'who? Gally?'

'yeah. not a good shank to be around. Don't tell him I said that' he grinned, as he tended to Lythias wound.

She winced a little. 'he's not that bad. he did stop me from going out the walls. I think hes just got issues.' she replied.

'hah. something like that. Maybe he fancies you huh? you are the only girl to come in here since...' he paused. 'well since forever.'

Her heart sunk. The only girl.

'I'll believe that when I see it' she laughed. 'pretty sure youre supposed to be all lovey dovey with the girl you like.'

Though she couldn't shake off the fact that despite his nastiness, Gally was sort of cute.

Hella cute.

**

After her face had been cleaned, she was walked back by a young boy, around about 11. He was podgy and had a head full of curly hair. He'd introduced himself as 'Chuck.'

'You must be starvin'' he said, as she followed him through the glade.

her sromach growled at the statement.

'yeah. I did ask a while ago for food, but then I tried escaping.' she laughed.

'don't be doing that again' he playfully demanded. 'I've never seen Gally stop someone from going out there you know. its always been Minho or someone, never Gally. he always says ' let em go. Their mistake' he impersonated, putting on a deep voice and a scowl which made Lythia giggle.

He took her to the 'slicers' where the food was prepped and cooked, and the smell of chicken filled her nostrils, as a boy, tall and heavy set, stood at the oven. He turned at the sound of chuck and Lythias footsteps on the hollow wooden floor and smiled.

'Lythia' he nodded. she guessed her name had gotten round pretty quickly, what with the recent turn of events.

'I'm frypan, I cook n stuff. Not my real name, but it just stuck. I'm the only one who actually feeds these shanks' he rolled his eyes.

'Take a seat.'

She sat at the large wooden table, Chuck joining her.

'chicken soup, curtesy of Gally. Told me its your favourite' Frypan raised his eyebrows as he set the bowl down infront of Lythia. She had never seen something so welcoming, and if she wasn't here, she'd have her head in the bowl, forget a spoon.

Gally was right though. It was her favourite, though she swears she hadn't told him that. But then again who knows what she said that first night, she was practically insane back then.

'Whats in the maze Chuck?' Lythia blurted, as she ate the soup.  Honestly, she really needed to learn not to speak all of her thoughts.

'I don't know. I've been here five months, and I've never wanted to go in there to find out.But people have died going in there. I never wanna know much about that' he trailed off. It was clear to Lythia that chuck was still just a child, his innocence preserved and she thought it morally wrong for him to be in there, he deserved it even less than everyone else.

'People go in there and never come back out. At night. George tried what you did. Never came back. Lee was a new runner. Got lost during the day and when the walls closed, he didn't come back, and body was at the walls in the morning.. It was blue and veiny.. He was shaking and screaming. Creepy stuff. Was taken into the homestead and I never seen him since.' He babbled on.

Lythia felt slightly exposed from finding this out, and part of her wanted to thank gally for stopping her from going in the maze.

  'and you've no idea what caused this?' she asked, intrigued, as she finished her soup.

'nope. don't wanna' Chuck replied. She wasn't so sure she wanted to know either.

Ok but I'm working REALLY hard on this so please get it up to 50 reads for the next part? ITS HALLOWEEN. Vote and tell me why you think Lythia shouted for Thomas when she arrived at the glade!!

ALSO if you like Calum hood check my other story, I really enjoyed writing it and would like to write a sequel if anybody wanted one.

η»§η»­ι˜…θ―»

You'll Also Like

16.2K 545 35
||MAZE RUNNER FANFICTION|| 2 Years. It's been two whole years since the running and the torture. Everybody is getting along with their lives, and Tho...
641K 15.5K 26
You wake up in strange place, with no recollection of how you got there or who you are. All you know is your name: Juno. You soon learn that this pla...
560K 10.9K 40
A metal box brought them there, a place surrounded with endless, shifting corridors with no sign of getting out. It's always been boys but one day a...
27.6K 1.1K 44
" 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒂𝒛𝒆 π’˜π’Šπ’π’ π’Žπ’†π’”π’” π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰ π’•π’‰π’†π’Šπ’“ π’…π’“π’†π’‚π’Žπ’”. " 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 Dawn and Lisa arrive in the Glade, surrounded by an enormous Maze an...