Changing My Life [Book 1]

De Tony_Loki

✖Prequel to Living My Life✖ Book 1✖ Tony's life is not perfect. This billionaire playboy likes to drink his l... Mais

Prequel
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Stony Smut!!!
Chapter 33

Chapter 24

26.5K 1.2K 1.3K
De Tony_Loki

3rd Person POV

"We're leaving!" Tony said as soon as he slammed the front door closed.

"Is it safe?" Steve said coming out the kitchen drying a bowl.

"Not if we don't leave," Tony countered.

Steve raised an eyebrow at that. He looked at Bruce hoping to understand the reason for their sudden flee back home. It wasn't that Steve didn't want to go home, but he liked his relaxing night at the farmhouse.

He liked his relaxing night alone with Tony and wouldn't mind doing it again. Regardless, he's still Captain America and he needs to make sure he keeps his team safe.

He put the freshly cleaned dish away and met his team in the living room.

"Do we have to leave now? I'm just starting to like this place," Pietro whined.

"Yes," Tony said firmly, clearing not in the mood for a city hall debate.

"You know, I think I'll stay here," Pietro said smugly and plopped himself, face first, onto the couch.

Tony looked at Steve with an exasperated look. It was like dealing with children.

"Now, let's think about this. We can't stay here forever. It's a safehouse for a reason," Steve began explaining.

"Exactly," Tony said proudly. He was glad someone understood.

"But Tony why is it so important that we leave right at this second?" Steve asked the smaller man.

Tony rolled his eyes. Apparently, no one gets it. The life of a genius is hard.

"I forgot to feed my fish," the brunette retorted sarcastically.

"I thought fish supply nutrients for you? Doth you feed them, care for them, then slaughter them?" Thor asked confused about of having pet fish versus eating one.

Tony groaned and threw his hands in the air dramatically because, seriously, why isn't anyone understanding?

He just wanted to shove them all in the Quinjet so they can leave. Someone could be hacking into his billion dollar company or stealing classified Avengers weapons, but no. His team just wants to sit around and drink tea all day.

"Maybe Tony's overreacting a bit but we do need to go back," Bruce input.

"What happened?" Steve asked seriously. He could tell something was up between the two scientists that they weren't spilling.

"Someone infiltrated the tower," Bruce informed. Everyone in the room immediately perked up at that.

"No, Pepper did," Tony added.

"Pepper? I do not understand-"

Tony quickly cut the thunder god off, "Me neither, okay? We just- we just need to get there."

Tony was a bit on edge. No one really saw how anxious he was to rush Pepper out of his tower. He's not trying to make her out as the bad guy but he is trying to sort out his relationships.

Steve looked back and forth between Tony and Bruce. He gauged the mood of the room by looking at everyone's faces before making the decision.

"We're leaving," he said, breaking the silence.

A groan was heard from Pietro as Clint hauled him off the couch. Steve patted the speedster on the back because he felt the same way. All Steve wanted was a break from his hero life, but that's too much to ask.

So, he manned up and led his team back home. They made a plan on the Quinjet, just in case Pepper wasn't the only one in the house. Tony was the first inside the tower.

"Hey, J? Who's home?" He asked making his way from the roof, where the Quinjet landed, to the living area.

"Miss Potts is in the living room, Sir."

As soon as the British AI finished, Tony had stepped into the living room and saw the large flat screen playing a video.

His home video.

Tony marched around the couch that the strawberry blonde was lounging on and snatched the remote off the table. He paused the VHS tape on his mother's smiling face.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" He snapped.

Pepper sat up straighter with a confused look on her face.

"What are you-"

The other Avengers jogged in at this time and looked at the two.

"Is everything okay?" Pepper asked confused.

"No, everything is not okay!" Tony said, growing angrier by the second.

"Tony," Steve warned and walked over the the billionaire, "calm down, okay?"

Pepper still looked confused and stood up.

"What happened?" She asked warily. Why was he yelling at her? Did she do something wrong? She didn't understand what was happening. Why is Tony so angry with her?

"Pepper, why did you enter the tower when it was on lockdown?" Bruce asked because Tony didn't look capable of asking.

"I-I just had to grab some files for Stark Industries," she explained slowly and looked at Tony.

"I couldn't find them but I found these tapes and I didn't think you'd mind-"

"Of course I fucking mind! This is my fam-" Tony stopped his rant to throw the remote at the wall angrily, "This is my personal stuff! You don't go through these!"

Tony grabbed the handful of VHS tapes that sat on the coffee table and waved them in her face for emphasis.

"Tony, you really need to calm down," Clint warned. The other teammates didn't know what to say.

"Oh? But I am calm? I'm calm right? I'm so fucking calm it's scary," Tony said giving a twisted laughed. Bruce shook his head at his lab partner. He understood how Tony gets when he's really pissed at something.

"Steve, maybe you should-" Bruce made a simple head gesture out of the room and Steve nodded in understanding.

He discreetly took Tony's hand in his led him out of the overcrowded room and into the hallway.

"Just breathe, okay?" Steve coached when they were alone. He inhaled and exhaled dramatically until Tony got the hang of it.

"It's not that big of a deal, okay? It was a mistake and no one bad is in here," Steve explained slowly.

"I-I know and I would have been fine but-"

"Shh, it's okay," Steve soothed and pulled the smaller man into his chest. Steve just figured the break up was hard between the billionaire and the secretary. In reality, Tony felt more than that.

"Why would she watch them?" He asked muffled in Steve's muscular chest. He just felt so betrayed by his former girlfriend. He felt like his past and personal space had been invaded.

The fact that Tony was already upset with her before he found her watching the videos was the icing on the cake.

"She probably didn't watch that much," Steve said stroking Tony's back absentmindedly.

Tony sniffed, "Tell me something happy."

"Um, like what?"

"Anything," Tony said unclenching his fist and wrapping his arms around the super soldier.

"Uh," Steve racked his brain for things to say, "I love your eyes."

Tony laughed lightly and Steve mentally face palmed for sounding so stupid.

"Why? They're just brown," Tony asked because he didn't think there was anything special about his eyes.

"But that's why I love them. While mine are just a boring blue, yours are beautiful. They remind me of chocolate. Not regular chocolate either, but the kind that's bitter sweet."

Interested, Tony stared up at him with wide doe eyes while Steve continued.

"Your eyes express so much emotion. I can tell when you're upset, angry, or joyful all by looking in those captivating eyes of yours. They draw me in and I can't help but to get lost in them."

Tony's heart fluttered. No one had ever told him anything like that before. There was more much passion in that one explanation then Tony had in any relationship.

He leaned up and pressed a soft kiss to Steve's cheek. He stayed there for a while, noses touching, before leaning the rest of the way to meet Steve's lips with his. He felt much more calm and at ease as Steve's lips moved in sync with his. Tony's hand was snaking up up Steve's muscle tee when an obnoxious, high pitched voice interrupted them.

"Tony?"

***A/N***

Omg...I understand why people have co-authors now. I'M SORRY THIS UPDATE TOOK LONGER THAN EXPECTED!

I actually love this chapter. It's one of my favorites because of the third person. :)))

I don't have much to say other than I'm really trying to stay constant with updates for you guys.

I love you guys and thanks for reading my stories!

Byeee.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

31.1K 1.2K 30
Steve Rogers is happily engaged planning to start a new life in the modern world. Tony Stark has a huge secret,one that could change his and Steve's...
353K 17.5K 31
✖Sequel to Living My Life ✖ Book 3✖ What happens when Steve and Tony find out who Spider-Man is? Will they freak out? Will they cry? To find out, fir...
4.8K 326 26
The sequel to "Uni, Beer and Science" sees Bruce and Tony a couple of years after leaving University. They've moved in together and their lives are f...
51.4K 1.7K 22
Welcome to the 1940's. It's the peak of war time and poverty is at an all-time high. Steve Rogers is the kid in the neighborhood that nobody gives th...