Through His Eyes [Mayuzumi Ch...

By BlattMaster

[Mayuzumi Chihiro x Reader (Sequel to Cold and Empty)] Even after that revelation, you still don't know how h... More

Must Read (not really)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 1

841 29 40
By BlattMaster

"When a guy and a girl confessed to each other does that make them official?"

Mayumi squirted her drink out of her mouth. Fortunately, no one got wet by her drink(mixed her saliva, ew). She stared at you with wide eyes.

"Ew, Mayumi, that's disgusting," you said cringing.

"Whose fault do you think it is?!" she pointed at you accusingly with a scowl. "Really, (your name), asking random questions like that?"

"Fine, sorry," you replied but your tone made it clear that you weren't. "Just give me your thoughts,"

"Fine, but I'll ask you later why you suddenly asked that question, okay?"

You hesitated for a moment, but still decided to comply with her condition. She's one of your few real friends; she has the right to know. "Okay, okay, I'll tell you later."

"No, it doesn't work that way," she deadpanned.

"It doesn't?" you couldn't believe your ears. If it doesn't work that way... then what do you call the thing between you and Mayuzumi?

"Of course, they have to agree first you know. Just because a guy kissed you, it doesn't mean that he really loves you." she explained. "Don't be so naïve,"

"Oh,"

"It is very important to be clear about labels or else guys will find away to just leave you hanging without any explanation." she added.

"You sound bitter, are you speaking from experience?" you teased her hoping that the distraction would help you pull yourself together first before having the inevitable talk.

"Yes--I mean no! I am not speaking from experience!" she replied as she crossed her arms with a defiant look on her face.

"I'll pretend it's not obvious that you're lying," you playfully said.

"Ha-ha," she feigned a laugh with a deadpanned look. "Okay fine, I speak from experience, so now it's your turn to spill the beans!"

You took a deep breath. Here goes nothing, "Well, there's this guy who-"

"Who was stupid enough to kiss you! Oh my gosh! I must tell him to go see an eye doctor right away!" Mayumi gasped dramatically.

"Thanks a lot," you said sarcastically. "I could say the same to whoever kissed you."

Mayumi pouted, "Okay, I'll shut up,"

"He's not stupid but yes he..." damn it! Just say it! "k-ki--"

"So who kissed you?!" Mayumi asked enthusiastically while shaking your shoulders. Oh gosh, why does Aoi need to be busy on a lunch break? No one's gonna make this overly eccentric girl calm down.

"Mayuzumi..." you whispered. Mayumi then hugged you tightly.

"Oh my! You've really grown up! I'm so proud of you!" she said as she hugged you tighter, if that was even possible. "Hurry up and make it official!"

"Mayumi!" you said almost a warning. She finally let go of you with a huge grin on her face.

"Oh my gosh, I just... I'm speechless," she said wiping non-existent tears on her eyes. "I mean, I've always been afraid no one might ever do the mistake of falling for you-- I mean er, well please forget about that, I'm sure you know what I'm trying to say."

"Yes, I get it. You're jealous--"

"Me? Jealous? As if!" she declared crossing her arms puffing her cheeks.

"Because no one had done the mistake of falling for you," you stuck your tongue out at her.

"Why you--! Who's Mayuzumi by the way?"

"That kindhearted person I who helped me when Aikawa-senpai--"

"You were totally lying when you said he's not a hot guy, weren't you?" Mayumi said.

"Wha-?" you stuttered. Of course you weren't going to answer that. Admitting it to your loud friend that Mayuzumi is hot was totally embarrassing.

"I'm hurt though, you didn't even tell me about this guy," she said crossing her arms.

"Sorry," you smiled sheepishly, "It just happened and I wasn't so sure either that I didn't even got to tell you before it happened,"

"Just let me interrogate him when you become official okay?"

"Okay,"

"Okay,"

*"Stop that, Mayumi!" you warned her. She just laughed.

----

That same day, you went home with Mayuzumi. You were walking closer than necessary but he started it anyway. He was the one who moved closer to you silently. Does he want to make it official? You'll never know if you don't ask. You just have to ask and if he wants to make it official.

Make it official. Make it official. Make it official. Make it--

"Hey,"

"Official!" you blurted out. You covered your mouth in embarrassment. Of all the things you could say...

"Official?"

"W-what is it, Mayuzumi?" you asked looking at him. He squinted his eyes at you giving you a disapproving look.

"Er, Chihiro?" it would take a while getting used to addressing him by his first name.

"Nothing, I forgot,"

"You forgot? Do you have a short term memory loss?" you joked.

"What? It's your fault for saying such a random word--"

"Wow, I could just agree on you on that. It's my fault, like totally," you said sarcastically.

"Official," he said tugging at your arm making you stop with him.

"Do you have to repeat what I jus--"

"Do you want to make it official?" he asked looking intently at you. His eyes were still blank but you just felt your cheeks warm up with his gaze. Is he? Heavens, am I not dreaming? Did you even hear him right? You started to think you were being delusional.

"Make what official?" you blurted out still couldn't believe what you just heard. Is he like asking you out?

"What else?" he replied, matter-of-factly, "Us,"

You just stared at him letting your mind process what he just said. You were just talking with Mayumi about this, and you were even thinking about it yet there he was, making the first move. You saw him smirk- no, smile a little.

"Oh," was the only thing you managed to say. He was like, the first ever guy to ask you out, and you were sure your heart was about to explode with so much happiness. You were happy. Very much happy. So happy you wanted to stop putting it in words.

"At least answer me properly,"

"You're officially asking me out?" you said then realized that it wasn't even a proper answer. You couldn't blame yourself though, confessing was one thing and asking you out was another.

He slid his hand down your arm to hold your hand. "Why did I have to fall for such a dumb--"

"What the--"

"I'm asking you out here, yet you ask me if I'm asking you out," he said flatly it's almost annoying. It wasn't completely annoying since there was an obvious tint of red on his cheeks. "Yes, I'm asking you out."

Miracles do happen. That was the first ever time he answered you seriously after asking such a dumb question.

"Well..." you pondered for a moment for the way you should answer him. The answer was obvious; it's a yes, but you couldn't quite get it out of your mouth. You intertwined your fingers and brought a hand to the side of his face then smirked at him.

"Be honored Chihiro, 'cause I will," you said. His eyes widened for a moment with your answer; maybe he was aware it was an attempt to copy him. His smile widened a little holding your hand that was at the side of his. He turned his head so that his lips were on your palm.

"Someone needs to get off her high horse here," he murmured to your hand.

"That's rich coming from y--" you felt him lick your palm, "--W-w-wha-what the hell?!" you blurted out blushing furiously as you retracted your hand.

"Be honored, you're the first person I ever did that to," he replied smugly. You just wanted to wipe that confident look off his face, but you were feeling to embarrassed to even say something. Why did he even have to do that?

"Thanks, I am very much honored to have you lick my palm," you said sarcastically after regaining your composure. You wiped your palm at your skirt. Your hands were still intertwined as the two of you continued walking.

He snorted a laugh, "What a good way to start a relationship,"

You bit your lip as you realized that you just agreed to go out with him. You finally had labels. He was finally your boyfriend and you were his girlfriend. You couldn't help but just smile stupidly at the thought. As you were too busy wrapping up your mind to the fact that Mayuzumi Chihiro was now your boyfriend, you realized what was the first thing he did after becoming your boyfriend.

Your cheeks automatically grew warm.

-----

"Chihiro, I'm curious!" you exclaimed trying to get into his line of sight as he was reading yet another light novel. You were by the rooftop wasting the rest of your lunch break with Mayu--Chihiro. You really need to get used to it by now, especially since you were officially together now.

**"Is that a reference?" he chuckled.

"What? No! I wasn't-- I am just curious how you see me,"

"How I see you?" he put down his book and looked at you. "Is there a difference to how other people see you?"

"Isn't there?"

He shrugged, "Well, I'd be surprised if they look at you and see a cute girl,"

You puffed your cheeks and frowned at him. "You surely know I didn't mean it literally,"

"Kidding," he pinched your cheek. "How do you want me to tell you?"

You grinned at him widely, "Write it!"

He looked at you incredulously, "You're kidding,"

"Oh of course not, I am completely serious, Chihiro!"

"No way," he frowned. He looked cute when he frowned, and there was no way you're telling him that.

"Yes way,"

He groaned loudly. "I should tell you that I like reading, not writing."

"It's not like I'm asking you to write a novel. Just write what you were thinking when we first met then onwards." it would be rather fun to read what he thought of you. "I'll be doing it too, don't worry."

"So you just want me to write my honest opinions about you and interactions with you?"

"Yes,"

"Okay," he replied as he continued reading his book once again.

-----

The next morning, you found a letter inside your locker. At the envelope were the words:

Mayuzumi Chihiro's Entry #1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 610 31
I don't own the characters. Warning bad grammar, and possibly spelling, and bad language. (Not good at descriptions 😅) Why is it so dark Why can't I...
12K 1.1K 12
[ yokai!akaashi keiji x reader ] When you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes back.
64 4 1
Kokushibo x reader ~~ You are a demon free from Muzan's control. Because of that, it is up to the Upper Moon One to kill you since he is the sole dem...
23.1K 1K 19
A sequel to Frostbite! Jack Frost x Reader Your life turns up side down and it couldn't be more confusing. Will everything go as planned? Or will...