𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 �...

By lady_arisa

ON EDIT Despair,loss,and fear-Arisa knew how cruel the world she is living as if the word 'God' did not exist... More

| Where It All Began I |
| Where It All Began II |
| The Demon Weapon |
| A New Family |
| The Team |
| The Destruction Begins |
| Attack on the Vampires |
| The Battle Had Begun |
| Reunion of Childhood Friends |
| Everyone is a Sinner |
| A Complicated Relationship |
| The Human World |
| The Cursed Guinea Pig |
| The Possessing Mahiru |
| The Cause of The Madness |
| The Demon's Nightmare |
| Ambition In The Demon Army |
| The Moon Demon's Order |
| Narumi & The 20-Year-Old Yuu |
| Thirst Logic |
| Sorry |
| Trumpets of Distructions |
what if
| The Price of a Prayer |
| Sinners Christmas |
notice
| Arisa's Affliction |

| A Safe Drug |

1.5K 58 1
By lady_arisa

WARI NO ERAPH--ARISA'S POV

"Hey hey Arisaa~"

"Oi Arisaaaa--"

"For mary's sake,what!?"

My glare looked up to the two boys in front of me with their little grins flashes each on their features.

"I'm busy reading right now so run along." She huffed,her eyes went back to scan the words where she had left off.

"Hey hey heeyyy Arisa-chaan!"

"Geez! You're so annoying,What do you want?" I sighs,

"In case,we ever manage to escape from Vampire City,what would ya' do?"

"Huh?" Their sudden question truly surprises me,

"What are you saying,stupid? There's a Virus wiping out mankind out there,you know?There's no way we can get out." I stated rather obviously.

"Just asking," Yuu shrugged,

"If just our family from the Hyakuya orphanage could escape outside to a world where there are no Vampires,wouldn't it be fun?" Mika added on,with the sweetest smile of his flashing onto me.

"With just our family?" i finally closed the book on my lap and turn my attention fully to the two male in front of me.

"Yeah,just our family!"

"Well,i think it that'd be fun.. i guess.." I scratches the box of my head as answering hesitantly.

"Really? Then,let's do our best!"

"Huh?"

"It's nothing!"

But,it didn't go like that..

Nee,Mika?

WARI NO ERAPH

"Die Human!!" I easily twirls Artemis in my hands and without even bothering to look back,Artemis's blade slash onto the lunged Vampire as i passed my weapon from one hand to the other behind my back.

"Fuck off,Vampire." I muttered underneath my breath.

The world outside,

is not as paradise as you think,Mika..

It's full of Vampires who is bored to kill you.

I saw the other members of my squad has taken down each of the Vampires that keep on coming for god knows where.

"Hey! We've been fighting here the whole time but we're not getting anywhere! Let's go forward!" Kimizuki stated out loud,and he is correct.

With these Vampires keep on approaching,we are nowhere near helping Lieutenant Guren.

"I agree,Lieutenant Colonel Glen's orders were to join them at the 5th district,where the enemies' leader is located--Let's slaughter some vampires!"

"Everyone,let's go!" Yuu announced.

"All right,we're going!" We then began to run again towards the direction where i had last recalled of vaguely images when i was still in Shinjuku left untouched by the Vampires.

"Ah,by the way,before we go to the front lines,can i say something,Yuu and Arisa?"

"Huh?" We both looked towards Shinoa but never stopped to increase the speed of our running.

"This might be sudden,from now on--your first training will start."

"...Haa? Training? In the middle of war!?" My eyebrows furrowed in confusion,

"Yes,don't stop running--i'll explain on the way,"

"Wait,what? At a time like this?" Yuu too,asks.

"Our situation calls for it.I thought you'd understand after running into those Vampire Nobles earlier,but--even if you have a cursed Demon Weapon of the strongest class like you,with one of the Black Demon Series. As you two are now,you'll get killed instantly-you are useless in front lines," Shinoa explained,

"I know that.." I mumbled but quite loud enough for them to hear.

"I know that,we were just like a dirt for them that is easily to be swiped off." My fists clenched,the cold breeze slaps against my face.

"So what should we do? I'll do anything as long as i can kill those Vampires," -Yuuichiro.

"Well for now,nothing really special but it's very simple.This--"

Our eyes fell onto something that Shinoa reaches out from her pocket,and turns out to be a small box of pills,

"A drug..?" I muttered,

"Yes,currently this is the most advanced enhancement method around,it's doping.After you eat it,it'll be easy to assimilate with your Demon and draw out its true power."

"So,if we take that,even the Noble Vampires--at least,you won't be killed right off the bat?" -My eyes narrowed back to the pill on her hands.

"Theoretically, one tablet will make you 1.5 times stronger--two tablets,1.8 times."

"Holy shit! So if i take ten--!?"

"You wanna die,idiot?" I sigh,knowing how Yuuichiro's brain is working.

"Ha ha ha you'd be able to kill a god--Though,three tablets will break down your brain." -Shinoa.

"Eh.."

"Even two tablets will seriously damage you and you might die from shock.That is why usually we take just one--to make it even worse,it only lasts for 15 minutes."

Our running came into a halt eventually,

"As soon as the effect wears off,your cursed Demon Weapon sword will deactivate and you will be defenseless. That's why where this comes in--" Shinoa held up a rather silver pocket watch on her hand.

"And that is?" Yuu asked,

"An alarm,Yuu." I answered with one brow raised.

"Once activated,it will ring after 13 minutes.When it goes off,please get out as soon as possible--during the remaining 2 minutes,you'll be just a regular human being."

Yuu seems to be deep in thought for a moment,before he decided to ask out,

"When we ran into that noble just now,why didn't you give me that? If i took one of those,then.."

"We wouldn't have won," I interjected him.

"Even if you took them,i'm sure it will take time for your body to adjust them and in those short period,he could've slaughtered us." i continued.

"Ahh i see,then i have one more question,"

"Well gee,you're full of questions today,Yuu." I sweatdropped,

"So this is what you meant earlier? The true way of using a cursed Demon Weapon?" Yuu lifts up the pill in his hand,making me wondering when the hell did he get that in his hand.

"Alright people i don't want to ruin the fun but we need to go like,RIGHT NOW." I heave out a sigh,massaging both of my temples.

"But,taking a drug to become stronger--that doesn't really feel right." Yoichi suggested.

We have no other choice,the war has begun so i'll give some to everyone." Shinoa tossed each of the small silver boxes into our hands,and i examined them closely.

This is weird..? Did Shinoa got this from Lieutenant Guren?

And how the hell did he get this kind of drugs?

"So,when do we take these?" Yuu asked,

"Probably when we're up against the nobles,then we don't really have much of a choice but to take them." Mitsuba wondered.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and without any words to say anymore,i spun my heel around and continue the journey myself,leaving the rest behind.

"Wha--ARISA!"

"O-OI!"

I ignore their callings because i knew they would not fall behind that far,

I don't have time for these conversations,

The feeling in the pit of my stomach churns,signing something really bad is about to happen.

Not to me,but to Lieutenant Guren,

"Tch! I must hurry!"

WARI NO ERAPH-THE FRONT LINES

Mika leapt away from the explosion that Guren has managed to set him in,

"Look! That's checkmate,Vampire." Guren appeared behind him,ready to swung his sword into him in the air.

CLANG!

Ferid came in between the gap and defensed him off from Guren's Cursed Weapon,

"Now you owe me one,Mich." Ferid says,landing a fist so hard across Guren's feature and result him to be thrown off onto the ground and was being dragged by the strong impact.

"GUREN!!" His teammates called,

"Ugh shit,that's way more than i expected.." He rubs the blood oozing off from his nostrils as well as the side of his lip.

"That long hair dude isn't your everyday Vampire,he's the shit." Guren pointed out

"Hey Mich you're better off not underestimating humans,because they're stubborn,greedy and cowardly," Ferid stood beside the blonde young man.

"Just kidding,that's something a former human like you would say,"

"Shut up." Mika glared menacingly,

"Aha well,it's time to get serious--let's do this."

"No,i got this--i get their way of doing things now." Mikaela unsheathe his sword that was hidden under his white cape all along,he tightened his fingers around it

"Sword,suck more blood." A thorn forms out and entangled themselves around his wrists as his blood starts to stroll down the tip of his sword as well as fingers.

"Arrogant after all,i wonder if that arrogance came from being human." Ferid wondered.

Guren on the other hand,looks at the pocket watch in his hand,

"I guess i'll have to take a second pill,or abandon Shinjuku and withdraw?" He spoke within the thicke air of the destruction of the city.

"Or will Yuu's Black Demon Weapon squad,our reinforcements make it in time?" He grab the silver pill box from his pocket,readied them in his hands.

"You can't Guren!" Shouted Sayori from the afar,being caught within the Vampire's grip.

"You--might die if you take two!!" She warned.

"I'll die anyway if i don't,look--there's only 8 minutes left. I have to get rid of them in that time," he answered rather calmly,his battered face forms a smirk.

"Done talking? Then i'll come once again." Mika stood upon,

"How kind of you.But,could you wait a little longer please?"

"How much longer?"

"It's time to take some drugs,could you please wait quietly for 20 seconds--?"

In a flash,Mika appeared before him and hit the box of pill in his hand away to be thrown off into the air,

"So,you're not gonna wait,and to make matter worse.." Despite that,the cocky smile on Guren's feature never disappeared.

"You're faster than before,"

"I'm not holding back anymore," Mika stared down,eyes shows no emotion and mercy.

"Holding back on the battlefield? What are you,a child?" Guren scoffed,

"You're about to be killed off by this child."

Mika positioned his sword right above his figure,and in a matter of seconds,he would take the life of the legendary Lieutenant Colonel Guren Ichinose's away.

"Fuck,looks like..i'm gonna die here." He muttered.

Ferid's eyes narrowed to a certain distance,noticing a figure running towards them and followed by a few of them a little bit behind.

"Oh? Enemy reinforcements are here,you'd be in trouble if you don't finish this soon." Ferid announced.

WARI NO ERAPH--ARISA'S POV

My eyes squinted at the groups ahead of me,immediately doing a calculation.But my gaze fell and stopped dead with one of the Vampires pointing his sword right on the Lieutenant's chest.

This is bad..!!

Lieutenant Guren is--!

"Everyone,take the drugs now!!" I motioned my hand and ordered them.

My fingers flicked the box open and threw it carelessly into my mouth instantly gulping it down.My eyes scan the Vampire standing above alone on the upper building from the ground,assuming it must be the leader.

"Yuu,Kimizuki--! Heads up to the Vampire on clock strikes at 10!"

"ALL RIGHT!"

"ROGER!"

My eyes went back,studying the situation--to see some of the members in the JIDA Uniforms are being hold hostages by the Vampires.

"Shinoa,Mitsuba! Save the other Forces members free on clock 1!"

"ON IT!"

"LET'S GO!"

The feeling of something has enveloped inside my body began to feel its tingling,sending a light pounding of pain throughout my whole head. Immediately,the feeling as if your physical strength has been restored back from the very beginning began to take over a toll on me.

I felt each steps that i took in this running fastened its pace unlike normal humans does,

Is this--the effect of the drugs?

"ARTEMIS!! LEND ME YOUR STRENGTH!!"

i raise up my hand and so the black fire gathered around my palms,forming the double-scythe of Artemis.But this time,i places both hands on the end of each rod and pulls them apart,forming a chain in the middle;making it more freely for me to use in the movements.

"LIEUTENANT GUREN--!"

BURSKK

As if the time slows down,the Vampire who had been standing before the Lieutenant had finally thrust his sword right into his chest-the red blood liquid splattered across.

My eyes widened in horror and my lips went numb,

NO

NO

NO WAY!!

"YOU FUCK!! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING TO GUREN!?!??" I heard Yuu shouted at the top of his lungs,

By that moment, my grip around Artemis's rod tightened,my eyes were blocked by the rage,resentment and in my mind,only a word resonates throughout the whole event.

KILL

With one last force,i gather the strength on one of my leg and with inhuman speed,i sprung forward,

DIE VAMPIRE!!

I aimed the tips of the blade in my hand and swung it without hesitant.

I don't even know how i managed to stabbed the blade of Artemis's right into his rib but a single breath that the Vampire before me whispered as the blood he coughed out make me frozen stiff on the spot.

"A-arisa..?" He breathlessly whispered in wonder,

I lift up my gaze and was to be meet with another pair of strangely familiar blue orbs eyes as bright as the sky's blue beads staring straight into mine.

"Eh?" My forehead creased, Taking in his appearance of the Vampire i had held within the blade of Artemis's.

Of course,Those eyes..

Those Stares,

Those Gentle Gazes-vivid ocean blue eyes, deep and soulful, glistening with sorrow, reflecting the horrors of his troubled past.

The flowing golden locks,mirroring the sun rays that i had always loved to watched long time ago.

Long time ago..

Unconsciously my lips muttered the only name i had ever come to known,

"Mi..ka...?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 17.6K 69
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
757K 35.5K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
969K 38.5K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
218K 5.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...