Fooling Ourselves

Galing kay Kelly_Al

It was simple. He was my brother's ex-bestfriend and now enemy. I was supposed to stay away from him. I was s... Higit pa

Prologue: How It Happened...
How We Had Our First Encounter
How I Lost An Admirer
How He Ended What Didn't Start
How Bryan Got Attacked Twice
How I Spent My Birthday
How My First Date Got Ruined
How The Bad Boy Made Me Feel Safe...
How I Met His Siblings
How He Told Me Off...
How We Ditched
How Things Went Down...
A/N
How He Came Over....
How We Left The Table...
How He Won Us Over...
How We Got Caught....
How He Lost it....
How I Met His Parents...
How They Made Up...
How We Disagreed...
How He Looked Heart-Broken....
How We Smoothed Things Over...
How it was Calm before the Storm...
How The Storm Came...
How The Truth Came Out...
How It Was At School...
How The Dinner Went...
How we Talked about my Choices
How we Danced at Prom
How Everything Changed...
How He's so Beautiful...
How we Went Our Separate Ways...
How I Surprised Them
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
New Book!
Bonus Chapter: How I Knew She Was The One
Bonus Chapter (Jace + Alicia)
New Book!

How We Got Closer

31.7K 843 130
Galing kay Kelly_Al

"Does he always do this?" I frowned as I helped Dylan take off his shirt.

"Yes. Martha is legally adopting us but they only agreed on certain terms. Beating me up without me fighting back is one of them," he winced when I started applying hot water to his bruises.

"Why do they do this?" I almost cried at the pain Dylan was in.

"They hate me. I'm not the ideal son they wanted apparently. I don't want to take over the business, I want to study medicine so they punish me for it every chance they get. Then Daniel and Dana came by as a mistake and they hated them. Right after she gave birth and the doctor handed the babies to her, she pushed them at Martha and told her to tend to them. They hated me even more when they saw how much I loved the twins and how much they took to me. Then the school started calling about my fights and they hated me even more. They said I was an embarrassment to the Martin name. Then Martha asked if she could adopt us and they started dropping in every three months to hurt me in front of the twins to break both me and them. They told me if I ever fought back they would take the twins, cut me off and fire Martha," he replied. Tears were streaming down my cheek but he gently brushed them away.

"What are you going to do?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Martha's adopting us because we came up with a plan," he smiled lightly obviously happy about the plan, "I have a trust fund which was enough to cover my university fees. The twins didn't get one because they didn't even give them a chance like they did me to disappoint them. But anyways, I'm trying to get a full scholarship so I can use the money and buy a house near the college I attend so that Martha and the twins can leave when I do. I've been taking money from their account and moving it to Martha's also because I still have access to their funds. They don't realize because they think its just money that's being used to maintain the house and for food but I take more. I just need enough money until I can start working full time to take care of them. Martha's looking for a job also."

"That's brilliant," I mirrored his smile.

"I know. Soon everything will be perfect," he grinned like an idiot but he looked truly happy.

"I hope so," I uttered the words as he pulled me to him and pressed his lips to mine in a gentle kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. His bare skin was hot against mine as he devoured my lips.

"Skylar?" there was a knock on the door and I recognized the voice as Martha's.

"Go ahead. I'll finish cleaning up myself," Dylan told me and I pulled away from him reluctantly.

"I'll be back soon," I promised and went to the door pulling it open and stepping out into the hallway before closing it again.

"The twins wanted you to tuck them in," she smiled gently at me and carried me to their room. She turned to me when she stopped at their door, "It's amazing how they take to you so easily. If it's anything I've learnt from taking care of the Martin kids, it's that they love hard. Don't break their hearts."

"How could I?" I asked rhetorically and slipped through the doors past her. The twins looked to me as soon as I entered. They were lying in their bed, "Hey guys."

"Is Dylan okay?" Dana asked.

"He's great. Your brother is strong and he needs you to be strong for him too. Can you do that?" I replied and they nodded.

"One day I'm going to beat up dad for Dylan," Daniel said quietly.

"Me too and my dolls will help," Dana agreed holding her doll up in the air.

"You can't help. You can't fight. I'll protect you and Dylan one day," Daniel told her.

"But I want to help!" Dana protested glaring at him.

"You can't!"

"Guys, Dylan has everything sorted out. Soon you won't have to worry about your parents and you'll be happy. Your brother is going to take care of you," I ensured them, "Don't worry about anything. Just be kids, okay?"

"Are your parents like that?" Dana asked quietly. She looked up at me as I sat on her bed.

"No. My parents are nice and fun. They love me like how Martha and Dylan loves you. Maybe one day you'll be able to meet them," I replied smiling lightly.

"Won't they be our mom and dad when you and Dylan get married?" Dana perked up.

"What?!" I blushed wildly.

"She's not marrying Dylan! She's my girlfriend!" Daniel cried out.

"No, she's Dylan's girlfriend!" Dana argued.

"Guys calm down! You must be tired. It's been a long day. Good night," I kissed Dana's cheek and then Daniel's before turning off the lights as they mumbled a goodnight to me. I slipped through the door and closed it behind me quickly walking back to Dylan's room.

Upon entering I found a very wet Dylan with only a towel wrapped around his waist. He was looking in the mirror at his face while fixing his wet hair. I took a sharp breath as I locked the door behind me. He didn't turn around so he had yet to notice my shell shocked state.

"It's funny. It doesn't look like it's going to bruise," he told me and turned to face me with a forced smile on his face.

"Dylan, your stomach!" I cried out and ran up to him. The areas where he got kicked were already turning to a blue/black. I ran my hand over the bruises gently touching the skin.

"I know that it looks bad but I was talking about my face," he joked.

"Dylan! This looks awful," I muttered seriously concerned. I traced my fingers over the bruises lightly.

"You really shouldn't do that," he groaned shutting his eyes.

"Do what?" I asked innocently and then it clicked. I registered how close I was to a very naked Dylan with my fingers on his heated skin. I gasped and took a step back pulling my hand away as I tried to put some distance between us, "I'm sorry."

"It's too late," he growled lowly and pulled me into his arms kissing me senseless.

The water on his chest seeped into my clothes as our bodies molded perfectly together. With his hands on both sides of my face his tongue entered my mouth in a breathtaking kiss. I didn't know where the courage came from but I pushed him backwards until his leg hit the back of his bed and he laid back.

"I won't let anyone hurt you ever again Dylan," I promised climbing on top of him and not breaking eye contact, "I was so scared for you. He was hurting you and you weren't fighting back. You just took it. I didn't know what to do but I'm never going to let them or anyone for that matter hurt you again."

"What are you going to do to stop them?" he asked teasingly as if he doubted me.

"Don't worry about it. Dylan?"

"Hmm?" he responded.

"I've got you," I repeated the words he told me in the parking lot at school and he smirked knowingly.

I bent and kissed him then showing him that I meant what I said. Our heated bodies pressed together as I dominated the kiss. My fingers seemed to find his towel and tumble with the edges, not exactly pulling at it but more like playing with it. He deepened the kiss pressing his fingers into my sides yet again.

"Dylan?" I pulled away looking into his eyes seriously.

"Hmm?"

"I'm a virgin," I stated.

"Wow Skye. Geez I didn't know that. I mean, I know I took your first kiss but damn I thought you had sex already," his sarcasm was unbearable. I chuckled lightly but looked serious again.

"I want you to change that," I told him.

"Skye I didn't invite you here to have sex with you," he said in a grave voice.

"I know but I want you now and I'm ready," I kissed the hickey I had given him earlier and then continued trailing kisses down his neck.

"Skylar. Skye stop!" he warned and held my arms pushing me away lightly so that I was straddling him, "You're not just some other girl to me and I won't let you bed me just like that."

"Dylan it's okay. I want this," I pleaded.

"You really want to do this? Because I was prepared to wait a thousand years," he told me.

"I am ready."

"Okay fine but on one condition," he replied and I waited eagerly for him to tell me his condition. He smiled at my impatience, "You'll be my girlfriend."

"Do you even have to ask?" I couldn't stop the smile from spreading on my face, "Of course I'll be your girlfriend."

"Great then," he smiled and pulled me back down to him. I soon rid of my top and my jeans and then my fingers found his towel again but this time I pulled it off, "Your brother is going to kill me."

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

2.9K 159 31
What's your biggest problem? Don't know what to wear? Got to learn for an exam? Trouble with your parents? Or some love problem? If it's one of those...
51.9K 2.1K 42
It started with something stupid and lead to a disaster. It provoked some emotions buried deep within. It headed in the direction that yell 'TROUBLE'...
767 40 17
"If you hate me so much, then why do you stick around?!" I yelled. "I don't hate you. You're just so fucking annoying!" He yelled back, throwing his...
1.6M 24.5K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...