The Phone call - Zayn Malik

By treadcautiously

She was going through a rough day. He was dying of boredom. He dialed a random number. She replied with an... More

Plagiarism
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 / end
Two Years Later / epilogue

Chapter 9

2.8K 205 118
By treadcautiously

Zayn

13 Sep, 15

I pick Lux's sleeping body up from the car and follow Harry as he opens the door to my house.

I chuckle as I notice the drool on Lux's mouth and click a picture of her after laying her down on my bed.

" Zayn! I am hungry." Harry says as he walks into my room.

My stomach growls and we share a look.

" I will call the chinese restaurant. " Harry says walking away with his phone to find the menu I had put somewhere in the kitchen the last time we were here.

I had to go buy some groceries, the boys will be here soon so there had to be something to eat .

I stare at the pendant Lux had been gushing about all the way back. I knew she was definitely the girl from the video and she was even cuter in real but could she be the girl I talked on phone too?

I mean why would someone just randomly tell someone their name as Angry bird. Or was it just one big fat coincidence?

" It would be here in 15. " Harry says and I nod following him to the living room and plopping myself on the couch while Harry follows suit.

" Hey you have been quite since we left the airport. What happened? "

" I am just confused. There's this girl...."

I start telling him from the start and he listens intently.

I was curious .They could be the same but the girl I had seen in the video had a carefree happy aura about her, the girl I talked to on the phone sounded resigned, emotionless even and the girl I saw at the airport she was smiling but I had seen her eyes wet. If they were one girl, what had caused so much change? But there was one question, how would she know I saved her contact name as angry bird.

" I don't know how to confirm they are the same girls? " I say more to myself.

" That's easy." I stare at him confused .

" And they have a dumb moments of Harry Styles video on YouTube. " Harry says shaking his head at me and I smile at that. I had seen that video, it was really cute but I am not telling him that.

I stare at him questioningly.

" Zayn , you have her number , call her and you can easily ask how she spent her day or where she was and Boom - There's your answer." He replies slowly as if explaining a child.

I nod at that, I could do that. The bell rings and Harry runs to the door.

After we have the Chinese food, which was delicious by the way, Harry goes to sleep in my room with Lux while I go to the roof.

Zelmirah

It had become too much to take. Talking with that little girl was a struggle. Moving on was so much harder than it appeared to be.

I sigh as I run the brush across across the what used to be a white canvas. My drawing skills were shit but it's not like someone was expecting a master piece from me. My dad used to paint and whenever I felt sad or angry he would bring me here, his drawing room and dip a brush in paint, hand it to me and say let go. The first time he asked me to do that, I didn't knew how it would help but once the canvas started getting filled with my haphazard brushing and random lines and shapes, I felt relieved.
The result was always a very scary looking painting which would probably give Leonardo Da Vinci nightmares for a lifetime but it did help letting go.

The shrill sound of the phone ringing fills the silence of the house. Silence used to be a rare thing in the Winter's household.
It was weird how I had grown used to the silence and the emptiness, maybe because I felt the same inside or maybe I was just a good adapter .

I groan as I drop the brush and climb down the ladder.

Ladder? The painting room was in the attic so the ladder was the only way to go in and out.

____________________________________

By the time I reach the living room, the phone had stopped ringing . I wait for a minute and then I am about to turn when -

Tringgggggg. Tringggggggg.

I make myself comfortable on the roof as I lye down staring at the night sky and hit the call button. The bell goes for a long time but it stops without any one picking up. I debate whether I should call again or not, maybe she is asleep after all it was 11 now . But then the curiosity gets the best of me and I hit call again .

I pick the phone up on the first ring ," Who told you that it was fine calling people at this hour ?"

A very tired voice answers the phone and I shake my head. Typical. " Do you always answer your phone like that? " I ask slightly amused.

I blink twice. And mentally face palm myself. " I had to walk miles to get to the phone. And for what? " I mumble asking the question more to myself.

" There is a way to save all the trouble, you know? " I ask her.

" And what would that be Mister Malik? " I ask in a tired voice.

" Well you can always give me your cell phone number." I say and mentally pat myself on the back which was starting to ache by the way.

I find myself smiling at his reply. I had talked only once to him before and he had managed to get a smile on my face and as now I talk to him, he does that again as unintentionally it might be. " Why would you call Mister Malik? I thought this is a one time thing, new random numbers every time.... " I say trailing at the end.

" Why not? I ask. I knew she was not going to give me her number, but hey trying isn't hurting any one.

I smile again at his reply.
" Alright. Mister Malik I am flattered. Let me make myself a little comfortable and we will
talk. " I say as I put down the receiver on the side table and push the single seat sofa near the phone stand and plop myself down.

A huge smile breaks onto my face. I hear her pushing something as creaking of wood can be heard and wait patiently.

Once I am settled, I pick up the phone, " You know what Mister Malik we could start with proper introductions."

I hear her and almost drop my phone in happiness. At least she was warming up. " Good. I think you should start with your name, I have your number saved under Angry Bird. " I reply.

I chuckle at that. " Really? I told that as my name to a kid today." I reply remembering how Lux had giggled at that.

My eyes widen in surprise. Oh My God. What were the chances that the kid was Lux? Many." And why would you do that? "

I shrug and then stop. If anyone wants to learn ways to look like an idiot, feel free to contact me . " I was going to tell her my name but then I saw her angry bird hair pins and it just slipped out of my mouth. "

Her. I am freaking out. " Where would you meet this kid? " I ask trying not to sound desperate to know the answer.

" At the airport." I reply, not knowing why would he ask that .

" Yes!! " I throw my fist in the air excitedly and then cover my mouth.

" Huh? "

" Umm nothing, I was just watching a match. My team scored . " I lie. " So what's your name ? " I ask changing the topic.

I think about it. " Renée. Renée Winters . " I reply.

Beautiful name, I think to myself . " Nyaz Malik. " I reply.

Unique name, I think to myself. A yawn escapes my lips.

I chuckle as I hear her yawn.
" Sleepy, Miss Winters? "

He heard me yawning. How embarrassing is that? " More like tired. Had a long day . " I reply truthfully.

" Then go. Never keep sleep waiting. Goodnight Miss
Winters." I say as I yawn myself. I was never the one to stay awake till late. I loved my sleep too much to compromise with it .

A good night sleep seemed like a distant thing. But I reply nonetheless . " Goodnight to you too Mister Malik. "

*****

1 K reads. Holy Bananas. Thank you so freaking much .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.3K 1.1K 43
Love is a bond that can untangle all the knots. Love is a feeling that can heal the pain that has existed for years in someone's heart. Love is a suc...
33K 517 17
I wrote these forever ago, but I thought I would post them here for people. If they are cringe, I apologize.
700K 7.5K 199
INSTAGRAM: 2 New Notifications @zaynmalik liked your post. @zaynmalik started following you! ❊❊❊ what happens when zayn malik becomes infatuated with...
134K 3.3K 33
A story in which a boy with a past meets a girl with a need to help others. [ slowly editing ]