Chapter 10

Zelmirah

14 Sep, 15 . 1 am

I lay awake in my bed as I stare at the ceiling of my room. Despite being tired, I just couldn't sleep. It had been like this for weeks now and it was getting unhealthy.

Sitting up I grab the laptop I had on my bedside. Turning it on , I stare at the picture of Willow mom dad Asher Brian and me.

I open skype hoping that Brian and Ash would be free and online. This was usually the time when we were done with the field trips. Another month was left of my two month long vacation which Prof. Cohen had so kindly granted me but I don't know if I will be able to go back.

I see a call coming from Ash and I quickly accept it and soon we are face to face.

" Hey Asher!! " I greet him and he replies back with a huge smile on his face.

" Where's Brainy Brian? " I ask and I hear a disembodied voice answering me back.

" I heard that Zel ." I laugh and Brian comes into view and I wave at him.

Once they are settled down, they stare at me for a long time.

" I am fine, guys. I really am." I say knowing what they wanted to ask.

Brian sighs and Ash nods, " You know we are there for you, Right? " Brian says and I nod giving them a reassuring smiles.

We talk for a while and before I am about to say goodbye Asher suddenly remembers something.

" You embarrassed us in front of the whole world." Asher says pointing his finger at me and when Brian gets where he is going he does the same while I stare confused.

" What are you talking about? And why would I embarrass you. You do that fine yourselves. " I say and they glare at me .

They share a look and drop their fingers. " Someone made a video of you hitting us with your Oxfords and it's all over the twitter. "

My eyes widen at that and I remember Esmee's words from last morning.

" A celebrity retweeted the video. Someone from that band One Direction. " Oh! I remember them, they had a concert the day we went out.

Before I can say anything, Amy shows up and I smile at her.

" Hey Amy." I greet her. Amy was another member on our team working in Rome and Asher had a huge crush on her.
She was really pretty with her bright brown eyes and brunette hair.

She places herself between Ash and Brian and grins at me.

" Hi to you too Zella. What these idiots saying to you? " She says and I laugh.

" Telling me about how we three have become famous on twitter."

She grins knowingly, " You are the one who has become famous. They have become jokes." She says playfully smirking at them and I smile while Ash and Brian glare at us.

" What are you doing here
Amy? " Brian asks crossing his arms and glaring at her.

" Oh shit. I came here to get you guys . Prof Cohen is asking for you. " She says and Brian and Ash look at each other as if knowing what he was calling them for.

They nod and we bid goodbye to each other while I type one direction in the chrome search bar.

Pictures of the band show up and alot of other links open.

I click on the Wikipedia link and read about them. I stare at their faces. I feel like I have been living under a rock. How the hell did I miss these guys? I mean look at them.

I read their names and pause at one that catches my attention.

Zayn Javadd Malik

Malik. Mister Malik. Zayn . Nyaz.
Sounds familiar.

Either this is a big coincidence or a famous celebrity dials up random numbers and it connects to me.

I need to know who tweeted about the video. I open their respective twitter handles and I start with Harry Styles .

I don't realise it's 5 in the morning and I have still not reached Zayn's twitter. These boys are interesting because I spent the last 4 hours going through their twitter's, their families and God knows who all. I can say that I will get half of the jokes of this fandom and I have not even seen the video and tour diaries people keep mentioning about. Moreover I have gone through almost all their music videos, all of them have beautiful voices and I am in love with a particular someone's high notes and I can say they just got a new fan. Better late than never.

Since none of them had any videos except the one where Louis's most recent one where he had mentioned something about a good aim and Zayn. This only means one thing.

I click on zayn's name and his twitter opens. This is so embarrassing.

I stare at the recent tweet and almost choke on air. He retweeted the video.

He finds me cute. Cute. Zayn Javadd Malik finds me cute. Holy fucking shit. Agghhh . Kill me now.

I go through his twitter and find myself fan girling. He is so beautiful.

The shrill noise of the alarm fills the silence and I jump on the sudden noise.

I shut the laptop tiringly as I feel my eyes drooping. Turning off the lights I lay down, thinking about the conversation I had with Nyaz. Talking to him felt like taking a fresh breath of air. He didn't know anything about me, nothing about how I saw my family die in front of me, how I cried myself to sleep every night , how I felt numb and empty on the inside. And I wanted to keep it that way as long as I could. He talked to me like there was nothing wrong with my life, like I was just a normal happy girl and I was grateful for that. I noticed the glances people gave me, the cautious one like I was going to break down anytime, the sympathetic one - poor girl lost her family and as weird it seems there were jealous one's too - she is so lucky, 19 and owner of such big property.

He was a stranger , and that's exactly what I needed now in my life. But the curious part of me wanted to know if he was indeed Nyaz Malik or someone else ?