Chapter 17

There's a lot of POV changes so be careful .

18 September, 2015

10 a.m

Zelmirah

Choosing what to wear had never been difficult until today. Normally, whatever piece of clothing was washed, ironed and available first in my wardrobe would be my outfit for the day. But that was not the case today as I was supposed to dress to impress.

Amelia and Maurine had been pestering me about my outfit for the past week but I had ignored them like a pro. I was regretting that very much. Most of my clothes were way too casual for a fashion show.

Settling on a black crop top and black high waist jeans, I pull them out carefully so as to not dismantle the neat pile. A long fall white cardigan and black heels later I was ready to go. Grabbing my black sling bag I check myself in the mirror and nod in approval . I leave my hair open, letting them fall on my shoulders and put on my fedora hat to complete the look . Outfit on side.

______________________________________

The energy behind the scenes of a fashion show could be felt in your bones and I was loving every bit of it. By now I had met quite a few reputed people who had nothing but kind words for my mother. A lot of fan girl moments later now I was seated in the first row between Maurine and Amelia , waiting for the show to begin.

Zayn

The show had started 15 minutes ago and we as usual were late. Okay maybe I was the one who got them all late.

Once we are done with the paparazzi and clicking pictures with the fans we head inside, and we are seated in the first row. The lights were dim and the sole focus of the lighting was the ramp and the show was just about to start. A peppy music track starts playing and the first model walks out.

But what caught my attention was the girl sitting in the opposite row . She had the most confused expression ever as she glanced at people around her taking notes and looked at her own set of papers.

In that moment she looked up, and her eyes met mine. And being the awkward idiot I was, I waved at her .

Zelmirah

I was definitely regretting not listening to Amelia and Maurine when they gave me one of their fashion related lectures. Because I was completely lost.

A stack of papers was in my lap and to look a bit in sync with what was going on, I was doodling on them.

I felt someone staring at me and looking up my eyes met with a pair of brown ones. He waved in return and if it wasn't for the fact that I was too stunned to do something, I would have laughed at how awkward he looked.

Do I wave back or pretend that I never saw it ? Or worse he was waving at someone else because why would he wave at me ? He doesn't even know me.

Before I could make a probably wrong decision, Maurine jabbed me in the side and I let out a small Ow! .

" What? " I hissed at her .

" You are supposed to remark the outfits , not doodle suns and stars and your name. "

I mouth fuck you back at her and start paying attention to the models walking down the ramp, but at the back of my mind all I could think was how beautiful Zayn Malik looked.

By the time, the last model walked down the ramp I was more than ready to get out of here because not only I was bored but my ass had gone numb.

My phone vibrates and I see a message.

Z : Enjoying the show ?

I smile and immediately look up but all of them had already left from their seats and I sit back disappointed.

Zel: Yeah, it was fun.

Zayn

" So you want us to perform in tomorrow's show ? " Harry asks the manager and he nods and gives us details about it.

I suddenly remember that Renee was going to showcase her mother's ensembles tomorrow and I let out an excited whoop while the boys weirdly stared at me.

I am going to tell her tomorrow that I was the one who had been talking to her and I couldn't wait for it.

______________________________________

11:30 P.M

If I said I was tired, it would be the understatement of the year. I was exhausted and drained out of all the energy I had but I still couldn't get myself to sleep.

Maybe the pre performance jitters were the reason behind my restlessness. Tomorrow was a big day and I didn't want it to go wrong .

I stare at my phone and think of calling him because I knew somehow he would put my nerves to rest.

I hit call and hope that I don't disturb him.

I had been staring at my phone for the past one hour deciding whether to call her or not but then her name flashes on my phone and my face breaks into a huge smile.

" Hey, I was thinking of calling you but I thought you might be tired ."

I blush unknowingly. He was thinking about me.

" Yeah, dead tired. But I can't sleep."

I knew why she couldn't sleep.

" Nervous for the big day ? "

I sigh. " Yeah. I don't want to mess up."

" You won't . I know you won't. "

I smile. " Thank you. "

" So how was it like at the fashion show ? "

" It was good. Really fun and I met a lot of people . People I have looked up to. It was exciting but for most of the part I didn't know what was going on."

I answer truthfully.

I chuckle at her reply. " I could see that."

My brows scrunch in confusion.

" Huh? "

Oh God. Why can't I control my mouth?

" I meant I could see that happening. I mean everything was new for you so some confusion was bound to happen."

Oh. I almost thought that he knew me.

" Yeah . So what about you ? What did you do? "

" Aaah Not much. I was out with friends. "

" Okay. "

" So you should rest and don't worry. You will be amazing. "

" I hope so. "

With a smile, I shut the phone as I mutter him a small goodnight. I couldn't wait for tomorrow.

I smile and wish her goodnight. I couldn't wait for tomorrow.

*****

BTW Are there any ship names for them ?