Adopted By Demi Lovato

By laryssaosyka

Demi Lovato is three years clean from self harm, purging and drug use. Lately she has been feeling a little l... More

Adopted By Demi Lovato
Chapter 2: Can I call this home and you mom?
Chapter 3: Adventures before the Mall
Chapter 4: Fun at the mall...until I run
Chapter 5: Safe at home with my baby girl safe and sound
Authors Note- Not an Update, But Please Read
Chapter 6: Katie? Where are you?
Chapter 7- Room Day
Chapter 7 Part 2: Paint Time
Chapter 8: Katie Goes Live (almost)
Chapter 9: Katie Goes Live On Ellen (Part 1)
Chapter 9: Katie Goes Live on Ellen (Part 2)
Chapter 10- Ellen from Demi's POV
Chapter 11- Naptime and Dinner
Chapter 12- T-Minus One Day Until Surprise
Chapter 13- Surprise Day Part 1
Chapter 13 - Surprise Day Part 2- The Hints
Chapter 13- Surprise Day Part 3- The Hints from Demi's and Selena's POVs
Ch. 14~ All Fun and Games until someone gets sick
Ch. 15~ Doctors, Oh Joy.
Authors Note
Ch 16~ On The Mend
Ch17~ Relapsing
Ch18~ Old Habits Die Hard
Ch19~ The Talk
Ch20~ Restarting The Road To My Recovery
Chapter 21~ Telling Aunt Selena
Chapter 22~ Bonfire, Talks and Cuddles
Chapter 23~ Katie's Day With Nick
Chapter 24~ Planning a Birthday Party
Chapter 25~ A Birthday for Katie
Ch 26~ A Day at the Studio
Ch 27~ Letting You In
Ch~ 28 Lazy Day, Date Night and an Emergency
Ch 29~ Surgery, Recovery, Disney Land Fun and Packing
Chapter 30 ~ A Day Out with Family on the World Tour
Chapter 31~ A Surprise for Both Demi and Katie
Chapter 32~ A Mini Set, A Record Contract? Are you Serious?!? Yes Please!!!
Chapter 33- My Family is becoming Complete
Chapter 34~ Daddy Nick
Chapter 35~ And So It Begins
Chapter 36~ Will You?
Chapter 37~ Sunday Dinner Drama
Chapter 38~ It's My Time To Shine
Chapter 39~ Dirty Rotten Cheater
Not A Chapter~ But do READ and COMMENT
Chapter 40- Acting Happy for the Camera
Chapter 41~ The Baby Name Game
Chapter 42~ Album Release and Promotion
Chapter 43- #tourlifeforlife
Chapter 44~ It's a Family Day
Brighter Days and Lighters
Baby Daddy Knows
Grandma Demi? Grandpa Nick?
Will You?
The Sound of Baby Steps and Laughter
Clock Don't Stop
Authors Note
Epilogue
ANNOUNCEMENT

Welcoming Baby Mendes

648 13 0
By laryssaosyka

Katie's POV

{Flashback}

I was almost three months pregnant when it finally clicked in my brain that I was pregnant, I prayed every day for a smooth pregnancy and a healthy baby. I didn't really care about the sex of the baby because I would love him or her unconditionally, but, at the same time a part of me wants this baby to be a baby boy because I had this childhood dream when I was in the orphanage that when I started my family, I wanted to have a boy for my first child because then if I had a girl for my next child, then she would always have a big brother to protect it. I always wanted that dream to come true because I wanted older siblings. But after I got adopted, I saw how fake that dream was. Because when my mom gave birth to Storm, Nick, Daniella and Aria, I immediately became protective over them because they were and still are babies. When Alex became my brother, I became super protective over him because he was suddenly the kid of two famous people, he wasn't born into this scene but brought into it. Finally, Jaxon was born and everyone is protective of him simply because he's the baby. With me, I have my parents, all my aunts and uncles and now Shawn to protect me from harm. I never needed an older sibling.

As I thought about it, I realized how silly and stupid that dream was. But I will say this that the day Shawn and I found out the sex of our baby was among the happiest days in my life, I was just over five month along in my pregnancy. Shawn and I kept going back and forth if we actually wanted to know the sex of the baby but I just couldn't handle waiting until I gave birth.

We found out that our baby was growing at a healthy rate and we also found out we were having a boy. I could tell Shawn felt a weight lifted off of his shoulders for the time being. I knew he was going to be a great father regardless but I also knew that having a daughter was a little bit more challenging. I see it with my parents, my little sisters could be such brats and definitely did stress out my parents a bit, my brothers on the other hand are also handfuls but listen a little bit more than my sisters. But regardless we love them all.

On the way back to the house, Shawn and I discussed names for our son as well as who we thought should be the godparents to him. For names I either wanted Devon, Wyatt or Shawn Jr. but Shawn wanted Riley, Jacob or Alexander.

Shawn was being a little stubborn when it came to having our son having his name.

"Shawn, I really want our son to have your name. I think it would be cute, especially when I dress him to look like his daddy," I said

"I just don't want him to have to feel the need to become me. I've heard from a lot of people that being a namesake is a hard job. I don't want our son to end up hating me because of that," Shawn admitted

"So, together, we teach our son be his own person. That even though he carries his fathers name that he doesn't have to be a mini me to his father."

"I guess you are right babe."

"I know."

Shawn smirked at me.

{End Flashback}

I smiled at the memory of that day. I smiled because it was the reason that I knew I reassured Shawn that he was ready to be a father and an amazing one at that. But also because I reassured him that no matter what everything would work out.

When we told bout our families that we were having a boy they were all so joyful. They asked if we had ideas for the name of our son but we just shook our heads even though we already knew the name for our son.

Currently, I'm a week away from my due date. I don't have a big baby bump and at first I was worried about that but then my doctor reassured me that the baby was healthy. Shawn was giving me a foot massage while we were both waiting for my parents to come over. While my mom, Aunt Dallas, Aunt Selena, Maddie, Bea and I went to the spa today that would give my dad, Harry and Uncle Niall, Alex and Shawn were going to put the finishing touches to the babies room. Nightingale was laying on the ground right next to the couch and only moved when I stopped petting him.

The door bell soon rang and Nightengale ran barking towards the door. I made a motion to stand up and go to answer the door bell but Shawn told he that he will answer the door. Shawn made his way over to the door and opened it. I soon heard multiple familiar voices and figured that my family was hear. I also heard Maddie and Bea running down the stairs like children and seconds later my mom's loud laughter fill the house.

Nightingale soon walked back over to me and sat right next to the couch. I gave him a head rub and told him that he was a good boy. My mom soon came over with a pair of my shoes in hand and helped me put them on. I stood up and followed her from the family room, I greeted my dad, uncles and brother. I gave everyone a hello/goodbye hug seeing as my group was leaving right away to go to the spa. I told Alex and Shawn to behave themselves and told them all to have fun with the babies room.

Shawn gave me a quick kiss on my lips before he bounded up the stairs with the rest soon following him. The girls and I left the house and I locked up the door before I got into the car. My mom then drove us from my house and to the spa.

"So do you know what the babies room will even look like?" my Aunt Dallas questioned.
"Nope, Shawn won't let me look inside it until its finished. Sometimes its just him in there working on it and other times he is working on it with someone from the family or his friends," I replied with.
"Do you at least know the theme of the room?" My mom asked.
"Nope, I only know that the color looks good against the crib and changing table. I also know that there is a bookshelf in there but I don't know anything else."

"That's kinda romantic and cute that he's keeping it a secret," my Aunt Selena said.

"Yeah I think so as well. I just REALLY want to know what the babies room looks like. I don't like waiting for surprises. Y'all should know that," I said.

Seconds later the car broke out into loud laughter.

We soon arrived at the spa and were immediately taken back. We had gotten the whole treatment from messages to painting our finger nails and toe nails. After we had our spa day, my mom and Aunt Dallas decided that we needed to stop at the baby store and pick up some more things. I tried to tell them that the baby already had enough toys and clothes at the moment but they decided not to listen to me.

Between the both of them, they got a jogger for when I get back to running and decide to take the baby with me. They also bought a 'manly' diaper bag for Shawn. Along with a Diaper Genie and refills for it. They also got a baby hockey outfit along with a few baby bath sets and toys. On top of all that they got a few baby bottles, pacifiers, some clothes and a few bags of diapers.

By some miracle we managed to fit it all in the back of my moms SUV. My mom was the last person in the car because she was talking on the phone with my dad, she looked so happy. I wonder what they where talking about.

When we got in the car, we started to drive to our house. When we arrived the boys were outside and helped carry everything inside and upstairs to what is the babies room. I wasn't allowed to help because I still couldn't see what the babies room looked like.

Shawn's POV

Today, while Katie went to the spa with the girls her dad, uncle Niall, Harry and Alex were coming over to help me put the finishing touches on the babies room. We painted it a shade of baby blue and built the crib and changing table which were both a shade of matte black. In the closet we put a matte black dresser. In the corner of the room we placed a nursing chair that had a black frame and grey cushions and right next to the chair we put a brand new acoustic guitar.

The room was themed like slightly like a jungle. In the corner that had the rocking chair, Alex painted a tree that went all the way onto the ceiling of the room. From there we hung a "branch" and put a monkey on it to make it look like the monkey was swinging. The wall which the crib was up against, Alex painted two more tree branches. One looked like a cherry blossom branch and the other branch looked like a plain old tree at night which had owls on it. It looked like a night and day comparison. The between the branches was just enough room for me to paint "Shawn" in big white letters using the stencils I had hidden in the closet.

Above the crib we placed white semi see through curtains that would hang over the crib. Next, we placed a black bookshelf next to the nursing chair so we could could place like bottles and burp cloths on top of it but also childish books on it so we could start reading bedtime stories when the time came.

While we waited for the girls to come home, I folded the babies clothes and started to put them away in different bins that we had in the closet already. While I was doing that, Alex helped me out by putting diapers and baby wipes in the little white cloth bins that came with changing table. Nick and Harry went to grab lunch for us while Niall went to throw away the empty boxes and wrappers.

Soon Nick and Harry were back at the house and we gathered downstairs in the family room and watched TV and ate lunch. Nightingale was curled up into a ball on the couch right next to me. I was a little nervous to how he would react when we bring the baby home but I'm positive it will be just fine. For an 8 month old puppy that weighs a healthy nearly 80 pounds he was a mellow guy. He did amazingly with kids. He just didn't like loud noises all that much, which both Katie and I discovered during a night that a thunderstorm was pretty loud.

Soon the girls came home and the guys and I marched out to help them grab some bags that they picked up for the baby. The only one that didn't help was Katie because she couldn't see what the room looked like just yet, I'm going to show her in a few days after I add the last touch. When everyone saw the room they were in awh to say the least. I think that Demi, Dallas and Selena almost started to cry from the beauty of the room. I gave Alex all the credit to the detailed painting.

Everyone filed out of the room except for Selena and I. She helped me set up the diaper genie and put away the additional clothes, pacifiers and toys away. I put the extra diapers that they bought in the storage underneath the changing table and whatever didn't fit went into the closet. While Selena went and brought the baby bottles and formula that they bought downstairs, I went and place a bathing set into mine and Katie's bathroom as well as another one in the bathroom down the hall before I put all the others into the closet of the babies room. I then closed the door and joined everyone downstairs.

Katie ended up getting hungry so I went and got her whatever food she had requested. Today it was crab legs with lemons and pickles. Personally the sounded disgusting to me but if it made both her and the baby happy then I was happy.

When I came back with the food, I gave it to Katie who then ate it. Once she was finished we all watched a movie before everyone that came over had to leave. We said goodnight before those who came left and those that lived here decided to retire to their beds.

That night I was woken up to a wet bed and the light on in the bathroom. I become worried and rushed over to the bathroom only to open it and find Katie panicking while sitting on the toilet. Embarrassed but still worried I rushed over to her.

At first she was claimed that she just accidentally wet the bed several moments ago but when she cried out in pain and was breathing hard I knew it was something more. I knew with no second doubt that she was in labor. I rushed from the bathroom and grabbed her a dry pair of pants and underwear before running back into the bathroom and giving them to her and telling her to change into them. I rushed back from the bathroom, grabbed a pair of her sneakers and a jacket before putting on my own shoes and a long sleeved shirt. I grabbed the prepared hospital bag and then went back into the bathroom. I helped Katie put on her shoes and helped her down the stairs before getting her into the car. I sprinted back to the house and up to Maddie's room. I shook her awake.

"Maddie, I need to you take Nightingale to your parents house and then you and Bea need to get to the hospital. Katie's is in labor," I said quickly.

Maddie nodded and I left the room and ran back to the car and drove to the hospital. Once we got to the hospital, I helped Katie inside and they took us up to a private room in the delivery wing. Katie was only 4 centimeters dilated. I called her parents and my own.

My parents were going to try and change their flights and Katie's were on their way here once I hung up the phone. They just had to drop the kids off at Nick's parents house.

They arrived when Katie was screaming in pain from a contraction and trying to break my hand. Katie was also cursing me and telling me that she would never get pregnant again. This cause both Demi and Nick to laugh.

"Well she is definitely your daughter," Nick whispered into Demi's ear.
"Oh I know babe. She's my baby girl," Demi said.

Once the contraction was over, Demi rushed over to Katie who was still sitting up, fell into her mothers arms and hugged her. Close to thirty minutes later another contraction came and Katie was once again in her mother's arms hugging her and crying from the pain into her shoulder while squeezing my hand.

I was scared. I didn't know what to do to make this easier on Katie and that worried me. Nick patted my shoulder and I looked up at him.

"Scared son?" Nick questioned me.

"Yes sir. I don't know what I'm doing right now. I just don't want Katie to be in pain," I said while looking at my beautiful fiancee.

"Son, you're doing everything you can do. You are here for this beautiful event. Sure she's feeling nothing but pain right now but when your son comes...all that pain will be worth it. Trust me."

I took a deep breath and nodded. Katie was laying back on her bed and I wiped off her forehead and gave her a peck on the lips. She looked so tired.

"Go to sleep love, you'll need all the energy you can get for this beautiful," I whispered

Katie nodded and her eyes slowly shut, her breathing evened out and I knew she was asleep for now. I waited patiently for her to wake up and I was hoping it wouldn't be from another contraction. I didn't plan on falling asleep but that's just what I did because next thing I knew was Demi was shaking me awake and handing me a coffee. Katie was also awake and groaning from the pain. I looked at my watch and saw that it was only 4:45 in the morning.

Not long after I woke up, a nurse came to check up on Katie and told us that she was almost ready to push and that she was at 8 centimeters dilated. Katie groaned and I grabbed her hand to let her know that we are in this together.

Katie's POV

You know that feeling you got when you were a little kid and you wet the bed? Yeah well I totally got that feeling today and I'm pretty sure that I didn't pee in the bed because I'm confident that my water broke.

I was sitting on the toilet when Shawn came rushing in and a contraction decided that it needed to hit at that moment. He rushed me into the hospital. Now, I'm laying in the hospital bed and I'm only 8 centimeters dilated. I'm in so much pain but all that matters to me is that Shawn and I will be meeting our son soon. When I woke up, Shawn was holding my hand and was asleep on the side of my bed leaning on my arm, he looked beyond adorable.

My dad soon came back with coffee for himself, my mom and Shawn. I wanted coffee so badly but I couldn't have it because I'm pretty sure that it was against the rules. My mom woke up Shawn and handed him his coffee while I groaned from the slight pain that ripped through my back. I was so done with this labor thing.

Shawn grabbed my hand again and gave me a smile, he silently told me that we were still in this together.

Some time has passed and several contractions and come and gone. The nurse checked up on me and I'm now 10 centimeters dilated. The nurse left but soon came back in and was followed by the delivery doctor.

"Okay Katie, on the next contraction I need to you push," The doctor said.

I nodded my head and looked at Shawn. I was officially scared, what if I screwed up at being a mom? This was all of a sudden becoming real to me.

A contraction came and those several seconds felt like a lifetime, I screamed in pain and squeezed Shawn's hand to the point where I'm sure if I squeezed just a tad harder then I would have broken something. My mom came over to the other side and took my hand.

I stopped pushing and took several deep breathes before it was time to push again. After several more pushes, I heard my sons cry fill the room.

"Congratulations, it's a boy!" The doctor said

"Is the father cutting the umbilical cord?"

Shawn nodded and the doctor laid my son on my stomach and showed Shawn how to cut the cord, once this was done our son was whisked away to be cleaned up and dressed in a onesie. Shawn cupped my cheek and gave me a long hard kiss while the nurse took care of everything down there.

My mom and dad had followed the nurse who took our son to clean him up in order to give Shawn and I some privacy.

"He's beautiful Katie, he definitely has your nose," Shawn said

Smiled at that.

"They need to hurry up and bring him back to us, I want to look at him some more," I said

Shawn nodded his head.

Minutes later, the nurses brought our son back to us and handed him to me. I broke into tears the moment that he was laid into my arms. He was so beautiful. Shawn was right, he had my nose. Besides for his nose he looked like a mini- Shawn.

His hand wrapped around one of mine and my heart nearly swelled. I soon gave our son over to his daddy who looked beyond happy.

The nurse asked us if we had a name picked out and I shook my head no, we wanted to wait until Shawn's parents were here before we named him.

A few hours passed and my parents are back with my siblings, Maddie walks in several moments later followed by Bea and all four of my grandparents. Shawn left when everyone got there to go home and take shower and pick up his parents from the airport.

Shawn's POV

When I left the hospital, I rushed home so I could stencil "Shawn" right above the crib. Then to shower and by that point my parents and sister should be at the airport. When I got home, I ran inside and up to the babies room.

From the closet I grabbed the stencils and taped them to the walls with painters tape. I then opened the small can of white paint and quickly got to work, I filled the letters with paint and turned on the small fan to help get the smell of paint out from the room a little bit quicker.

I then grabbed my shower and changed into a fresh set of clothes. I checked on the letters and they were still a tad wet but I was able to put on the second coat of paint. I then ran back to my car to pick up my parents and my sister from the airport. I drove at the speed limit to the airport and parked inside a parking tower before making my way to the meeting point.

I spotted my sister before I spotted my parents and I yelled out her name before I started to walk over to her. Her face broke out into the biggest smile. When I got to her, she gave me a big hug and my parents soon caught up to us. I gave each of my parents a hug before we walked to the tower and got into my car. I brought them to mine and Katie's house to show them our son's room. I wanted them to see the completed room before anyone else because they were meeting their grandson/ nephew last out of everyone else. This also meant that the secret would be out about the name but that was something I could live with.

When we got to the house, I shut off the car and we went inside. I led them to the babies room and let them in, my mom's hands went to her mouth and she looked like she was going to cry. I followed her gaze and landed on the name on the wall. While my mom took in the details of the room, I painted the third and final coat of the white paint to the letters.

My sister looked at the framed collage hanging on the wall above the bookshelf. It contained pictures of everyone in the family and in the center it had the family picture that everyone was in on the night that Katie and I got engaged.

My dad just patted my back and told me that our son's room was amazing.

On the way from the house, I quickly installed the babies car seat into the car with my dad's help so I had one less thing to worry about when we brought our son home. Then we were off to the hospital. When we arrived, my family followed me to Katie's room. The only ones left at this point were Maddie and Bea and they were gushing over our son while Katie was passed out.

I walked over to Katie and sat on the bed next to her, I gently brushed the hair back from her forehead and from across her face. I gave her a lite kiss on the forehead that caused her to wake up slightly, when we made eye contact she smiled a small smile which I returned.

"Where's your family?" I asked.

"Went to grab some food from the cafeteria, they left like thirty minutes ago so they should be back soon," Katie said.
"Okay love, my family just got here so I want to introduce our son to both families at the same exact time."
"Mhm."

I chuckled a little bit at her response.

"Have you figured out godmother yet?" I whispered

Katie sighed and shook her head. She had been having trouble choosing between Maddie, Bea and Camila. All of them are really close to her and they were all responsible enough to take care of our son if something was to happen to us.

Soon Katie's family joined us in the room.

"Guys, Katie and I want to officially introduce you to our son," I said.
"Everyone meet our son, Shawn Peter Raul Mendes Jr. or SJ as we will call him" announced Katie.

Everyone awh'd at our son, we passed him around and everyone said "Hi" to SJ. Soon enough SJ fell asleep and everyone had to leave. Camila was on her way to the hospital seeing as she just got into town from a break day of the tour the 5H girls are currently on.

When Camila arrived, Katie and I asked for her parents to take my parents back to our house and let them in while we talked with Maddie and Bea.

"So we need to talk to you guys about who the god-mother will be to SJ. We both decided that Jake will be the god-father to SJ because he's amazing with kids and you three get along great with Jake so if something was to happen to the both of us, we trust one of you three along with Jake to raise our child the way we would have, surrounded by family and friends and encouraging him to follow his dreams," Shawn said.

"This hasn't been easy for me to choose the god-mother, you three are my best girlfriends and I love each of you the same. With that being said....," Katie said but soon paused and took a deep breath.

Katie looked up at me with a troubled face.

"Shawn I can't do this, I can't choose just one of them. Can't we just have three god-mothers for SJ?"

I simply chuckled but shook my head but I thought about it. These three girls would love our son the same, two of them would know all of his likes and dislikes but the third would spoil him senseless. They would raise our son the way that we would have wanted to raise him if something prevented us from raising him.

I nodded my head yes to Katie and she smile.

"I love you," She mouthed to me.

"I love you more," I motioned back.

" Okay, change of plans. Because I can't choose between the three of you, for now all of you will have a role as godmother in his life, that might change when we decide to have more kids though" Katie said with a smirk.

I shook my head thinking about how several hours ago she was cursing me and telling me that we were not going to have any more children.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, the end it actually almost here for real this time. Maybe two or three more chapters because I really need to stop putting off ending this book so much. I love you all and stay strong because you are always worth it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.4K 1.2K 40
Taylor Lee Matthews is your regular girl. 11, currently blue hair, brown eyes, goes to school. But she lives in an orphanage. She gets bullied and on...
98.7K 4.1K 28
Demi Lovato just finished her world tour. She feels the need to take a break from her career for a while. She's not planning on retiring completely...
1.9K 23 31
I suck at descriptions sorry. Also trigger warning Allison has lived in Forever Together Home for girls since age 4. She's 14 now. 10 years since he...
81.5K 2.6K 21
"A spoiled ass celebrity with too much money." ~ Layla Layla Ahkari is a seventeen year old girl. Hasn't matured one bit ever since seventh grade, ha...