The One For Him

By tonigracey77

How could I resist him? How could I quench the desire I felt or how could I ignore him? A lot of questions ar... More

The One For Him
The One For Him ~ Chapter One
The One For Him ~ Chapter Two
The One For Him ~ Chapter Three
The One For Him ~ Chapter Four
The One For Him ~ Chapter Five
The One For Him ~ Chapter Six
The One For Him ~ Chapter Seven
The One For Him ~ Chapter Eight
The One For Him ~ Chapter Nine
The One For Him ~ Chapter Ten
The One For Him ~ Chapter Eleven
The One For Him ~ Chapter Twelve
The One For Him ~ Chapter Thirteen
The One For Him ~ Chapter Fourteen
The One For Him ~ Chapter Fifteen
The One For Him ~ Chapter Sixteen
The One For Him ~ Chapter Seventeen
The One For Him ~ Chapter Eighteen
The One For Him ~ Chapter Nineteen
The One For Him ~ Chapter Twenty
The One For Him ~ Chapter Twenty-One
The One For Him ~ Chapter Twenty-Two
The One For Him ~ Chapter Twenty-Three
The One For Him ~ Chapter Twenty-Four
The One For Him ~ Chapter Twenty-Five
The One For Him ~ Chapter Twenty-Six
The One For Him ~ Chapter Twenty-Seven
The One For Him ~ Chapter Twenty-Eight
The One For Him ~ Chapter Twenty-Nine
The One For Him ~ Chapter Thirty-One
The One For Him ~ Chapter Thirty-Two
The One For Him ~ Chapter Thirty-Three
The One For Him ~ Chapter Thirty-Four
The One For Him ~ Chapter Thirty -Five
The One For Him ~ Chapter Thirty-Six
The One For Him ~ Chapter Thirty-Seven
The One For Him ~ Chapter Thirty-Eight
The One For Him ~ Chapter Thirty-Nine
The One For Him ~ Chapter Fourty
The One For Him ~ Chapter Fourty-One
The One For Him ~ Chapter Fourty-Two
The One For Him ~ Chapter Fourty-Three
The One For Him ~ Chapter Fourty-Four
The One For Him ~ Chapter Fourty-Five
The One For Him ~ Chapter Fourty-Six
The One For Him ~ Chapter Fourty-Seven
The One for Him ~ Chapter Fourty-Eight
The One for Him ~ Chapter Fourty-Nine
The One For Him ~ Chapter Fifty
The One For Him ~ Chapter Fifty-One

The One For Him ~ Chapter Thirty

48.8K 994 14
By tonigracey77

Chapter 30

'What?', I asked him. He was staring at me for a long time. I started blushing.

'I was just thinking again'

'Of what?'

'I'm lucky I have you'

I giggled and pinched his arm gently.

'You said that a million times already'

'I know and I'm going to say it everyday too'

I giggled.

'Shh...' an old lady holding a rosary from the back pew reprimanded us. He grinned, I bit my lip. I almost forgot, we were inside the church, supposed to be praying.

He brought me here for he said I needed to confessed my sins. My playful baby wanted me to go to heaven with him. Not that he doesn't bring me there once we were alone but still. I pinched myself. God! forgive me. I should be praying but no, I am having dirty thoughts in Your house. Oh! Clarissa! Start praying!

'Babe?

'Yes?'

'Where are we going after this?'

'I want you to meet my babies?'

'Babies?!', I choked. He didn't tell me he fathered a child?!

'Later', he took my hand and started singing with the choir. He sang well too. I looked at him with bulging eyes. What else does this guy has that will surprise me yet again?

***

My heart started thumping. He brought me in a house big enough to house a hundred kids. I saw atleast twenty small kids from age 3 to 10 playing at the playground.

'Daddy', a blonde little girl called him and like the other kids, started running towards us. He was holding my hand and squeezed it. I swallowed. These are his kids?! Holy crap!

Atleast five children catapulted into his arms, three were clinging on his legs and the others on his arms. It was hilarious. I giggled nervously. He was laughing and so carefree looking. The look in his face took my breath away. God he's so handsome. My heart ached. It swelled with too much pride and happiness. This man belongs to me. Oh yes he does.

'Are you my Mommy?', I was shook from my reverie and saw the same little girl who called out before standing infront of me. She was frowning and studying me.

I stared at her for a long time, lost for words.

'I- I-', I fumbled with words.

Her lower lip started quivering when I didn't answer her immediately. Looks like she wanted to cry.

'Yes she is Olive', he came towards us and carried the little girl in his arms. The other kids were gone now. They went into the house so it seems.

'You missed me?', the little girl asked him and started sniffing.

'Of course I did. Give daddy a big smoochie!', he pointed at his cheek an Olive gave him a big,wet kiss.

He took my hand and we started walking towards the house. They were busy engaging in a conversation. The little girl started asking him questions about me!

'What's mommy's name?'

'Clarrisa Rebecca'

'Just like mine. Olivia'

'Yes. How's school?'

'I don't like math', she pouted.

'Why not?'

'It's hard'

'No it's not. I'll teach you'

'Really?', she grinned, her two front teeth missing. So adorable.

'Yes'.

'But you're always busy working', she frowned.

'I'll make time for you'.

'Okay', she peeped at me and whispered.

'Why is mommy grinning?', he glanced at me and smiled.

'She likes you', he whispered back.

'I like her, too'

Once we were inside, a woman in her late fifties came towards us.

'Alex, you're here', she smiled and was about to take the little girl from him but she hugged his neck tighter.

'No! I want to stay with Daddy!'

They laughed, I smiled.

'Olivia, Daddy's got a visitor. Manners?', the lady looked at her pointedly and she sighed.

'Okay', she let him go, went to the lady's arms and pouted. Even little girls are not immune to his irresistible charms.

The lady let her go and told her that lunch was ready. We saw her running towards another room.

'Aunt Mary, this is Clarissa. My fiancé', he introduced me to the lady.

'Nice to meet you', she was smiling. 'I'm sorry about that, the kids missed him so much'

'It's okay Ma'am', I smiled and swallowed. He has kids?! oh my! How many are they?! My mind started gulping.

'Call me Mary. We would want you to join us for lunch. We prepared home-made corned beef, spaghetti and fried chicken. Sorry but those were what the kids wanted', she laughed.

'That would be great', he said, still gripping my hand and we were ushered into another room where there are several people inside.

'Clarissa, I want you to meet the people who keeps the orphanage running', Mary started naming them and I nodded to each and smiled at them.

Orphanage?! God, I'm going to kill him! I glared at him and he was grinning. Ooh! He knew what I was thinking. Bad guy!

***

After lunch he took me on tour.

'This place is running for almost sixty years now. When granny died, I took over.

'What happened to them?', I took a picture frame with an old photograph in it.

'Some of them are working for the company. He is one of our board of directors', he was pointing at a little boy in the photo.

'They all have great futures. My granny made sure of that and I promised her I'll do the same thing to the youngsters'

'I know you can do the same thing'

'I hope so', he took a deep breath and took me to another room. This man loves kids and gentle with animals. What else can a girl asked for, huh?

'These are my favorites', we were standing inside a room filled with paintings.

'You remember the paintings in my house?'

I nodded.

'I took them from here. It was drawn by Miko and Brandon. I'll introduce them to you later. They love justice league cartoons. I gave then some of my comic book collections. You see these? these are priceless treasures. Some of these paintings are older than us. Have you heard of Josephine Montez?

'Yes', who wouldn't know of that famous modern art painter.

He grinned.

'She grew up here too?', I was bewildered.

'Yes. Aunt Josie has a great talent for painting that granny sent her to london to study arts there. Someday I'll let you meet her too'.

'You love coming here?' He nodded.

'This is my second home Claire. I grew up with these people', he gave me a sad smile. 'Most of these kids were orphaned or abandoned at a very young age. That little girl you met there lost her parents in a car accident. He was my friend. She was only four months old when I brought her here. That's why she calls me Daddy', he explained.

'You love her so much'

'I love them all but I love you most', he grinned.

He must have felt he was like these children. Orphaned and abandoned at a very young age. My poor baby. I went to him and hugged him tight.

'I love you mostest'

'Mostest?! Is that a word?'

'Yes, from my dictionary', I looked up at him and grinned. He was grinning too.

'You're cute'

'I know I am'

'Then I love you mostesest', he leaned down and kissed the tip of my nose. I sighed. I laid my head on his chest while the tip of his chin was on top of my head

'You're wrong, you know', I whispered.

'Why? What do you mean?', he whispered back.

'I'm lucky I have you'.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 371 9
When Claire gets forced into a fake relationship for business with a douchebag she just met, her heart shatters into pieces that can never be put tog...
290 0 41
"Don't leave with him, Claire," he turns around and whines. "Why? He's nice to me! He's there for me! He likes me! Why shouldn't I leave with him, Ro...
89.8K 697 6
So forbidden it's borderline illegal. It feels illegal in a town like this. It was just sex. Ridiculous, I hate you sex with the one guy in school I...
160K 12.5K 42
Enemies to lovers- Boss/employee- Bickering and Bantering- Billionaire romance Second chance romance HEA romance novel If it weren't for bad luck, I'...