The One for Him ~ Chapter Fourty-Eight

Chapter 48

3 days before the BIG Wedding...

'I think he knows', Alex was calling on my mobile phone. Gosh! He'll have my head on this. I left home without telling anyone even the bodyguards.

'Bet your ass he's going to get so mad at you. You should have told him', Tara smirking.

'How can I? He'll be raging mad!', I sounded so guilty and a bit terrified.

'It's your own doing. You should have told me you didn't tell him you're coming with me'.

Tara was driving along the freeway. I asked her to fetch me and go buy some thingy. I don't know why but when I woke up I just had the urge to go to the grocery store. Blame it on my hormones or even baby. My mouth kept salivating. I want to go buy some green mangoes too.

'He's getting paranoid and I'm tired of staying in that house with nothing much to do', I rolled my eyes heavenward.

'Should have stayed and started knitting some baby booties', Tara mumbled to herself but she said it aloud for me to hear.

I giggled.

'You know I don't know how to do that?'.

She giggled too. She must have remembered how I asked her to do my knitting project when we were still in grade school.

'So where are we off to after buying your green mangoes?'

'I want to eat McDonalds', I grinned.

'Oh no, that's not healthy for you and baby'.

I pouted.

'But I want one please. Just one Tara please... Please...', I gave her the puppy doe eyes and the pouty pout.

'Oh God! Alex will have my head not yours, you trickster'.

'I knew you can't resist me', I smiled smugly.

My phone rang again.

'You better answer that one. That's the fifth call'.

'Okay, okay', I surrendered and clicked the green button.

'Hi babe. Hey! don't shout!'

'Where are you?', God he sounds so formal. That means he's angry. No not angry, he's furious!

'I'm with Tara', I said in a small voice like a little girl who's Daddy is about to spank her.

'And where's that?'

'We're going to McDonalds'.

'Which one?'

'Near the Park'.

'Don't leave. I'm going to ask Tito to fetch you'

'What?! No Alex I want Tara with me not him', I wailed. I'm starting to hate being confined in that house with lack of freedom.

'Buy some take outs and go to our house. Bring Tara there. I don't want you to jeopardize even Tara's safety', he sound so gentle now. He must have felt my frustration over the phone. My baby is so sensitive.

'I'm not jeopardizing her safety', I sniffled. Tara was looking at me with pity.

'Please baby don't be stubborn. I love you.

My heart softened.

'Okay. Do you want to join us?'.

'I'll be home in an hour. I'll bring Marc along too. Tell Tara'.