Don't Leave Me

By allergic_to_bs

Audrey and Matt have been dating for almost two years. Everybody envies their relationship as they have been... More

Don't Leave Me
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 - Matt's P.O.V
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 - Matt's P.O.V
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 24

4.8K 158 17
By allergic_to_bs

"I refuse mope around and feel sorry for myself," I shrugged, skimming through my closet for some clothes to wear.

"I know," Sage smiled, looking through one of our many scrapbooks. "But I know you're hurting so you can't fake your feelings about this."

"Yes okay, it hurts." I agreed. "Matt and Addilyn genuinely surprised me. But that doesn't mean my life will be put on hold because of it. I'm having twins, with or without Matt."

"Has he said anything about fathering your babies?" 

I looked at her out of the corner of my eye and shook my head. "No,"

"When is the last time you'd talked to him?" She asked, wrapping up the books and stuffing them back into their box.

"The last time I'd talked to him was the White Out party." I informed her, shifting through my shoes to match my outfit. "I told him I hated him."

"So what are you going to do?"

"Go on with my life?" I shrugged. "What am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know," she shook her head. "I'm just impressed with how you're handling this."

To be honest, so am I.

"I will admit, Matt broke me." I took a deep breath. "But I will not let the way I feel about it interfere with what I have to do as a soon-to-be-mother."

"And what's that?"

"Well," I sighed, stepping into a sunflower printed romper. "I am going to move into the guest house and prepare for the twins."

"That's exciting," she agreed. "It's like you're all grown up."

I gave her a tight lipped smile as I threw a light weight sweater over my shoulders.

"So what's this dinner that you're going to?" She asked, packing up her things to leave. 

I shrugged. "I don't really know. My mom wants me to meet some of her co-workers or clients, whatever they are."

"When you're done, call me?" She inquired, heading towards my door. "We'll grab ice cream after, maybe a movie?"

"Sure," I gigged, grabbing my phone and wallet. 

She smiled and left, leaving me in my giant room alone. I hate being alone.

"Audrey are you ready?" My mom yelled from across the hall.

"Yeah!" I yelled back.

"Meet me downstairs, we're leaving in five!" 

I looked over myself in my tall mirror as I ran my fingers through my straightened hair. I really have got to get a haircut.

With a sigh, I grabbed my crutches and hobbled out of my room and carefully conquered the stairs.

"Why do I have to go with you again?" I whined as I took a seat at the kitchen island. 

"Because I want you to meet some really good friends of mine," She said matter-of-factually.

"What does that have to do with me?" I complained, following her out the door and to her car. "I have way better things to do on a Friday night than attend a boring dinner with old people."

She scoffed, climbing in the car. "I am not old."

"You're not young," I smiled, bucking up in the passengers seat.

She laughed, playfully smacking my arm.

I shook my head and pulled out my phone. A missed call from Matt, go figure. I took a deep breath before pulling up his contact to all. But I couldn't bring myself to do it, I didn't know what I was to say to him or how we were to carry on with out lives.

Quickly changing my mind, I locked my phone and threw it in my purse.

~*~

"We've actually been trying to get pregnant for quite some time now." Mr. Jacobs informed us, sipping on his unsweetened tea. "Next spring marks our twelfth anniversary,"

I smiled in awe at the couple, straight up goals.

"My pregnancy was definitely unexpected." I shrugged, rubbing the top of my belly. "But I think it's a blessing in disguise."

"Wow," Mrs. Jacobs shook her head. "And you're only sixteen?"

Being judged, one person at a time. I suppose I should get used to it.

I slowly nodded. "Yes,"

"And when are you due?" Mr. Jacobs asked as the waitress came around for our orders.

"June," I informed them after the waitress left.

"And the father?" 

I slowly took in a deep breath and let it out. 

"The father and I are in love, I love him." I smiled sweetly, crossing my right leg over my left. 

"Uh," Mom stammered. "They're taking a bit of a break right now."

"Oh that's unfortunate." Mrs. Jacobs said, passing me a tight-lipped smile. "So you're doing this alone?"

I vigorously scoffed and shook my head. "I don't plan on it, no."

"But you're not with the father?" 

"That's a bit of a soar subject," I informed them through gritted teeth. "And quite frankly, none of your business."

"Audre-"

"Excuse me?" Mrs. Jacobs snapped. "I beg to differ,"

She was so angry and mean looking. 

I let out a sarcastic laugh, "How so?"

"Audrey can I talk to you for a minute in private?"

I shook my head, "Yeah I guess,"

Mom helped me up and we both made our way to the bathroom of the restaurant. 

"You don't have to be so rude," She scolded, holding the door open for me.

"I don't understand," I shook my head, crossing my arms.

She leaned against the wall of the bathroom and took a deep breath. "Honey there's something I have to tell you,"

"Yes?"

"Mr. and Mrs. Jacobs are not only great friends of mine or a couple of clients," she shook her head. "They're interested in adopting the babies."

I tightly shut my eyes, feeling the heat of the tears brim up. Shaking my head, the tears violently fell as I choked on the lump quickly forming in my throat.

"No," I cried, losing my balance. "My babies are not up for adoption. They're mine!"

"Honey I know how you feel about this-"

"No," I cut her off. "Why don't you believe in me? Why don't you think I can do this?"

"Because I know you can't," She said, looking me straight in the eyes. 

And it was that very moment that I knew I had to prove her wrong. She was my motivation to be the best mother I could be. 

 Without knowing what to do or how to react, I left the restaurant. My feelings and emotions were everywhere as I tried to wrap my head around everything that happened.

~*~

I didn't know where to go or what to do as I sat on the bench in the park. The same park that Matt and I always visited when we were younger and lost in love. When times were easy and things weren't so screwed up. We were happy and my only wish is that we find those two people again.

Rubbing my tear soaked face, I tried my best to not look like a rat with my running makeup and blotchy skin. I looked up to see a mother coddle her newborn baby. She handled him with such care and ease. There isn't anything like a mother's love and I couldn't wait to experience that with my son and my daughter.

My head was everywhere and I didn't know what to do.  Pulling out my phone, I quickly called the first contact on my screen.

"Hello?" A familiar voice answered. 

Oh gosh.

I was silent for a moment, unsure of what to say. Last time I had spoken to him I had told him I hated him.

"Audrey?" 

Hearing him say my name sent undesirable feelings to rush through my body. I am in love with this idiot and I don't think anything will ever change that. 

"I love you." I blurted out, without even thinking of what would happen next. 

He remained silent on the other end for a few moments. 

"You know I love you Audrey."

And that's all I needed to hear.

I ended the call and looked straight forward as the woman gently buckled her baby into his car seat that was hooked into the stroller. 

Maybe everything will be okay after all.

~*~

"None of that even matters anymore," I sobbed, falling into the strong arms of the boy I am in love with. 

"I'm so sorry," He whispered, placing a sweet kiss on my forehead. 

I nodded in agreement. "Me too,"

He held me a bit longer. Being at his house, in his room and laying on his bed... it all felt so right. 

"It kind of pisses me off that you're mom thinks these babies are some kind of prize," He spoke lightly, soothing me as I silently cried in his arms.

"I don't want to talk about it," I sniffled, snuggling into his chest. 

"M'kay," He whispered, resting his chin on the top of my head. 

Several moments of pure silence passed. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how hard it would be to go back to being Audrey and Matt. There were so many things that we had to talk about and work through before we could ever fully be back together.

"Do you love Addilyn?" I asked, sitting straight up in his bed.

He looked at me with sad eyes. "Of course not,"

Shaking my head, I passed him a confused glare as he tried grabbing my hand. "Then why?"

"I-I don't know," He stammered. "She doesn't mean anything to me. I kissed her that one time and it was nothing but a mistake. I'm sorry if I hurt you Audrey."

My feelings and emotions were so mixed up with the thought of Addilyn and Matt. I mean, we weren't technically together when they did what they did. So do I even have the right to be upset?

"I want to be with you Matt," I said gently, looking into his beautiful eyes. "But we can't be anything if Addilyn has anything to do with it."

He shook his head, grabbing my face and crashing his lips to mine. "You're the only one that I want."

Hearing those words made me weak. I don't know if it is in any way related to pregnancy hormones, but I just broke down into tears. Again. 

"Babe please don't cry," Matt consoled, wrapping me in his strong arms. "I love you Audrey."

I kissed his cheek and sat in his lap for a little while. 

"I get my cast off next week," I informed him, staring at the detailed design from Sage. "Just before nineteen weeks."

"I can't believe you're already eighteen weeks," he smiled, resting his hand on the top of my mountain belly. "I can't wait to meet my babies,"

I reached up and gave him a quick kiss before laying down with him where my head was resting on his chest. The sound of his heartbeat quickly sent me into a peaceful slumber.

______________________________________________________________

Comment your thoughts and opinions(;

A.N: Matt and Audrey are talking and working things out. They're not quite 'back together' yet as Audrey still has confused, mixed up feelings about everything. 

Don't forget to vote! (:(:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 10.1K 44
What will happen when the guy you've been crushing for what feels like forever is paired with your best friend on a fake marriage and you get stuck w...
2.3M 43.1K 38
Sophia Daniels was just an ordinary girl who, like every girl in school, wanted Jake Campbell to be their boyfriend. She's pretty, tall, smart and th...
202K 6.2K 31
Life is hard but Audrey's life is harder. She had a rough life back in her old school and she's willing to move to a new and better school but little...
2.6K 126 28
*featured on the official Wattpad Beauty profile* Being a normal teen was never really on the agenda anyway... At only sixteen, Zuri finds herself pr...