Until dawn: Love and danger (...

By Missymojo5642

This is a Until Dawn fanfic A year after Josh's sisters death. He invites the gang back to the cabin for a re... More

The Prank
The Invite
Where It All Began
Ghosts
Alone Time
Choices
Consequences
Payback
The Creature
The Key
Hannah
Rescue
Help
Accusations
A Happy Ending
A/N
One Last A/N

The Truth

12.2K 307 468
By Missymojo5642

(Y/N):
"Guys! Guys come on... Seriously, this is crazy, you know?" Josh shouted as Chris, Mike, and I were bringing him to the rundown shack.

I really didn't want to do this. I came along because I felt like I needed to make sure he was safe, but I had no choice in the matter. They all decided that it was best for him to be locked up.

"Shut up." Mike snapped.

"Chris... Bro..." Josh looked to Chris for help.

"I'm not your bro." Chris denied.

Mike continued to march Josh down the path.

"Where are we going? Where are you guys taking me?" He asked.

"Locking you up, bro." Mike answered.

"What?! (Y/N) don't do this to me! Please, I didn't do anything!" He turned towards me with a pained expression.

I lowered my head, "I know. But it wasn't my choice, Josh. I'm sorry..."

"Why?!" He asked Mike.

"We're doing this so you can't do anything stupid before we call the police in the morning." Mike explained.

"Come ON! I didn't DO ANYTHING-" Josh insisted.

"Are you serious bro?" Chris asked annoyed.

"You're a goddamned murderer is what you are." Mike stated.

"I didn't do it, Michael please! Listen to me man! I did not hurt Jessica-" he demanded.

"Guys I think this is really unnecessary I don't think he killed anyone!" I argued.

Chris dismissed my comment. "Josh, you know what man? you need to shut up."

Josh looked hurt. "Chris, hey, come on Cochise, we're partners..."

"Stop! Don't say that." Chris scolded.

"Oh, fine. Be a dick!" He yelled at Chris.

When we got to the shack Josh told mike, "You only see what you wanna see! Your blind!"

Mike pushed Josh down to the ground, "Stop talking."

"Dude." Chris tried to stop mike.

"It's not my fault you suckers can't take a joke." Josh groaned.

"Oh, oh wait, did I hurt you? Did you feel just a little... Little bit of pain? Right now I am SO... SO... SORRY." Mike said sarcastically. Josh groaned in pain as mike pressed down on Josh's back with his knee.

"Mike quit it!" I argued. Mike stood up and got off of Josh.

"Michael... I'm sorry... Man... I can't tell you how sorry I am that something happened to Jessica but I swear, I swear I have no idea what happened to her..."

Chris chimed in, "Josh be honest with me. Do you really expect us to trust you, for a single goddamned second, after all the shit you put us through?"

"Can't we all just get along?" Josh joked.

Mike pushed Josh into the shed.

"You can't hang out a guy just to dry like this guys- huh? Not like... Not like you got the guts to really do anything about it anyways!" Josh said with venom in his voice.

"Oh stuff it. Your the biggest coward there is-" Chris sighed

"Uh huh? I DID something- I MADE you believe in the world I created and I showed you parts of yourself you were to afraid to visit-" Josh added.

"You manipulated us, you tricked us, you hurt your friends and did it all while you hid in the shadows. Your a coward Josh. That's all you are." Chris pointed out.

They sat Josh on a stool next to a wooden support beam and began tying him to it.

"Okay... Tie me up now... Okay..." Josh said.

"Stay still, man-" mike said pressing on his shoulders to get him to sit down.

"Right, right right right... Still... Can't tie 'em up if they just wiggle around-" Josh started moving.

"Josh dude-" Chris grumbled.

"Leave me a little wiggle room, huh?" He joked.

Mike got pissed. "What does it take to shut you up?"

"Ow! Not so tight, okay? Not so tight okay!" Josh complained as Chris got done tying him up. He started mumbling about something we didn't understand, "I can't wiggle around. Plastic ties. That's where it's at. Yeah. Plastic ties, plastic ties. Way more effective for hostage type scenarios."

"What... In gods name is he talking about?" Mike asked.

"I don't think I can watch this...!" I turned my head.

"Well (Y/N) did he ever say this kind of shit before?" He asked me.

"No. He hasn't ever acted like this... I-I don't even know what this is. It must be because he hasn't taken his meds..." I explained.

We heard Josh in the background as he finished mumbling, "Guaranteed for at least three hostages, or your money back!" He started laughing. "Everybody is stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid... Chris and Ash, Chris is ass, Ashley's a dumb dumb..."

"I'm sorry what did you say?" Chris asked walking towards Josh.

"Well I said you're a dummy, dummy." Josh made fun of him.

"What is wrong with you?" Chris criticized.

"Ohh... Ashley... I never imagined in my wildest dreams that you liked me...!" Josh explained.

"Stop." Chris told him.

Josh continued to pester Chris. He started to make a kissing noise, "You know what that sound is? It's the sound of never kissing Ashley, you pussy!"

"Stop!" Chris interrupted. He grabbed a large wooden board from somewhere in the room.

"Chris, no!" I stopped him from hitting Josh.

"Why not? He's being an ass!" He asked me.

"It doesn't matter, he's just trying to make you angry. Don't do anything stupid!" I scolded.

Josh continued, "Yeah, you know? You might as well let Ashley sleep with Mike, I mean, at least he's got some notches on his belt, you know? He'll treat her right! You're fucking pathetic, Christopher!" He taunted.

"Josh stop it! What the hell is wrong with you?!" I yelled at Josh.

"I'm gonna beat his head off-" Chris threatened.

Mike stopped him. "Don't listen to him. Not worth it.

Josh turned and looked to Mike, "Hey Mike. Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike. Mike!"

"What?"

"What happened with Jess, Mike?" He asked.

"You know what happened." Mike stated.

"No... No... I don't... I got a problem Mike... I don't remember killing Jess... I mean, like, I feel like I would remember killing her, you know? She's so soft... And she's probably got like a really tight bod..." He taunted.

'I can't listen to this! Why would he say that... And in front of me no less. This isn't the Josh I know...' I thought to myself. Letting a tear slip down my cheek.

"Shut your fucking mouth!" Mike pointed the gun at Josh.

I grabbed at mikes arm trying to stop him, "Mike don't! Please! He's doing it on purpose, you can't let him get to you."

"And you, (Y/N)-" Josh looked at me.

Mike grabbed him by the collar. "You leave her out of this!"

I never knew why but Mike always acted like my big brother, and I loved him like he were my brother.

Josh continued to speak. "Did you actually mean it? When you said you loved me?"

Mike and Chris looked at me confused, they didn't know that I had told him that I loved him.

"Josh, of course I did but I mean-" I began, but was immediately interrupted by Josh.

"Why would you let them do this then?" He asked, looking hurt.

"It wasn't my choice! You aren't acting like yourself right now... Your not the josh I fell in love with... He would never do anything like this." I stated.

"It's still me (Y/N)... It's Joshie... Come on... You gotta believe me that I didn't kill anyone." He begged.

"I never said I didn't believe you." I argued.

"Why are you still defending this little twerp? You were part of his little prank too" Mike said making quotations around the word prank. "He's been fucking with our heads and he made all of us think he was dead, even you..."

I lowered my head.

"Chris why don't you go back to the lodge and make sure everyone's alright. I'll stay here with this lunatic until morning. (Y/N) why don't you go with him." Mike said.

"Nah, I'm gonna stay here." I insisted. Mike just shook his head.

"Oooh! sleepover! C-can we order pizza?" Josh smiled.

"You sure you guys are okay...?" Chris asked.

"They'll wanna know everything's fine back there." Mike shrugged.

"Your right. See you in the morning" Chris dropped the wooden board and went back to the lodge.

A little while later, Mike and I heard Emily scream.

"Oh crap, what now...? Come on. We should go check it out." Mike sighed.

"You can go check it out, I'll stay and watch Josh." I suggested.

"Seriously? I'm not leaving you here with this nut job. If he got out, you wouldn't be able to stop him, he's twice your size." he scoffed. "Come on" he said pulling me along by my arm.

I groaned but followed him anyway. "I'll be back Josh, I promise." I looked back and Josh gave me a smile, his usual warm smile that always made my heart flutter.

We got to the lodge and found Emily sitting with everyone else "Thank god!" I sighed. I know that Emily and I fight a lot but it was kind of a relief to see that she was okay.

"Em! You made it!" Mike said, he walked over and hugged her.

"Oh god, Mike." Emily's voice was shaky.

"What about Matt?" Mike asked.

"We're trying to figure that out..." Ashley said.

Chris explained, "And there was this 'monster' that was chasing her..."

Mike shook his head, "She's all messed up, guys. Emily? Hey Em?" Just then we all heard something at the front door.

"Woah." Chris said startled.

"Who the fuck could that be?" Mike asked.

Ashley suggested, "Josh?"

Then Chris suggested, "Jess?"

Mike shook his head and whispered, "It's not Jess."

"Sorry man... But who is it?" Chris asked.

"I don't know... We should check it out." Mike said.

Chris patted him on the shoulder, "I got your back."

"Good."

They both walked towards the door while the rest of us stayed by the couches. I watched them.

Mike pointed the gun towards the door and got ready to open it when Chris said, "Uh... Let me have the pistol. Cos' you can take whoever it is through sheer good looks. And muscle and all that... Just, I should have the pistol!"

"Well. When you put it that way. Alright, here." Mike handed Chris the pistol. "Don't shoot yourself in the foot."

Chris scoffed, "Funny. you should get your own show."

Mike got into a fighting stance and Chris got ready to open the door. Chris turned the door knob and a man with a flamethrower in his hand barged his way in, knocking Chris to the ground.

"Ahh! Shit! Chris, shoot him, man!!" Mike exclaimed.

Chris yelled, "H-Hey! Freeze!"

The man grabbed the gun out of Chris's hand. "Ok. Everybody just calm down." He said. He pointed towards the living room, "Now just move over there. Go on, move! Let me say what I came to say."

When all of us were gathered in the living room the stranger started talking again, "I'm here to tell you what you're up against being back on this mountain. You should never have returned. I don't know why you did after what happened last year."

"You mean with Hannah and Beth?" Ashley asked him.

"Yeah, how could you know without being involved-" Chris questioned.

"Or responsible-?!" Sam added.

The man interrupted, "hold on to your horses, I don't take to kindly to you kids coming up here to my mountain-"

"Your mountain? I'm sure the Washington's would be very surprised to hear that." Mike interjected.

The stranger continued, "hehheh. Well this mountain don't belong to me, it's true. But it don't belong to the Washington's. This mountain belongs to the Wendigo."

"What is he talking about?" Sam asked.

"The what? What the hell is a Wendigo?" I asked.

"Let's hear him out." Sam said.

"Not like we have a choice." Mike added.

"Now I'm only going to tell you this once, it doesn't matter to me if you believe it or not. I got reasons I want to... Get it off my chest..." The man said.

Mike looked at all of us. "See? I told you! He's guilty as shit! Guilty of something!"

"Shh. Shut up Mike!" Sam scolded.

The stranger kept talking, "There is a curse. That dwells in these mountains. Should any man or woman resort to cannibalism in these woods the spirit of the Wendigo shall be unleashed."

"Oh crap!" Mike muttered.

"What is it?" I whispered to him.

"You were right... Josh didn't kill Jess..." He answered me.

"You're going to need to find somewhere safe." The man added.

"The basement might be okay..." Sam mentioned.

"Okay. Get down there, now. All of you. And wait." He said.

Sam was confused, "What? why? For how long?"

Emily answered, "Until dawn."

"Guys... We ran off and left Josh when we heard screaming." Mike looked at me, then to the rest of them.

"Where did you leave him?" The stranger asked.

"In the shed..." Mike said.

"Your friend will already be dead." He stated.

"No... No he can't be... We were just with him!" Chris argued.

"A lot can happen quickly on this mountain." The stranger said.

"Please no... No, no, no... He can't be dead... Not again. Mike please tell me he's gonna be fine." I worried. Mike hugged me.

"I'm gonna go get him." Chris announced.

"You can't go out there, Chris!" Ashley protested.

"I'm supposed to be his best friend and I let him down." Chris said.

"No... He let you down, Chris - he let all of us down." Ashley argued.

"I don't care. I'm going to get him." Chris finished.

The stranger stepped up. "Then I'll go with you."

"I don't need your help." Chris assured.

"Going alone is suicide. The rest of you- get down to the basement. Be safe. Don't go outside again until we're back." He turned to Chris, "You don't seem to understand the magnitude of the situation."

"Well I'm going to get Josh, aren't I?" Chris pointed out.

"No I'm going to get Josh. You're going to help me. Do you understand?" He asked.

"... Uh... Yeah... I think so..." Chris said.

"You need to follow me. And do everything I tell you." The stranger said.

I wanted to go so bad, I wanted to make sure he was okay. But I knew they wouldn't let me.

Chris and the man left to go and get Josh and the rest of us went down to the basement.

..................................................................
Hey. I hope that you liked this chapter.

Thank you for reading.

I love all of the feedback I get from you guys.

I did change the cover of my story, so don't be alarmed by that hahaha.

I hope that you guys will continue to read.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 70 13
One year after the dissaperence of her best friends Hannah and Beth Shay's boyfriend Josh invites her and the rest of their friends back to his famil...
30K 1K 18
Josh and (Y/N) were close friends. Josh had wanted to confess his love to (Y/N) but he wasn't able to. While he slept, (Y/N) and Beth heard a commoti...
9.5K 250 12
So, this was originally meant to be a collection of Until Dawn One-Shots...but once I started writing, this story started taking on a life of its own...
8.7K 241 14
This is an Until Dawn fanfiction. In this fanfiction, you yourself get to be immersed in the story of Until Dawn! Hopeful that you'll be able to co...