Senior Year with My Protector...

By 3dream_writer3

*Sequel to Bad Boy's Protection* *cover made by acityteen* Poppy McCormick had an interesting year in... More

Protector Series
Chapter 1
Regarding what Henry said in chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 | Final Chapter
Third Book

Chapter 19

35.8K 1.6K 643
By 3dream_writer3

Chapter 19

       "Poppy," Dad said as he pulled into the parking lot of the hospital. "You do know that you don't have to visit Grayson everyday, right?"

       I sighed. "I know, but....I miss him a whole lot. Two weeks ago, his heart stopped and I'm afraid it will happen again, so I want to spend every moment there."

       "Understandable," Dad said. "On the bright side, it probably won't happen again. The doctor's say he's improving a whole lot and you should expect him to wake up soon. Call me when you want me to pick you up."

       I nodded, getting out of the car and heading inside of the hospital. For the past two weeks, I had been going there every single chance I had. I talk to him, doing what Belle suggested and telling him memories we had together. Each day, I came back with a new one.

       When I was outside Grayson's hospital room, I heard someone's voice. I figured it was mom, sister, or cousin visiting him, but I was wrong.

       I stood right outside, giving me a closer look. Thalia.

       How did she know Grayson was here? The school didn't tell anyone where he was and I didn't. I even asked Belle not to tell anyone and I knew she wouldn't.

       I listened to what Thalia was saying to Grayson, honestly not sure if I should just walk in.

       "I still can't believe this happened," Thalia said. "It's not fair that you're in a coma. You don't deserve. I hope you're smart enough to break up with Poppy when you wake up." I raised my eyebrows at that. I knew she still liked Grayson! "I heard her say it's all her fault. If it is her fault, you shouldn't be near her. I know you a whole lot more than she knows you."

       "Oh, really?" I asked.

       Thalia stood up, turning to face me at the sound of my voice. "What are you doing here?"

       "Visiting my boyfriend," I said. "The same thing I've been doing everyday for the past two weeks. How did you know he was here?"

       "I overheard you talking to Belle about it," she replied. "I heard you tell her that Grayson is in a coma and that it was all your fault. I really hope he breaks up with you over this."

       "Seriously?" I asked. "He won't break up with me." At least I hoped he wouldn't....

       "I know him a lot more than you do," Thalia said. "I know his favourite color...."

       "Black," I said, proving that I knew it as well.

       "His favorite food...."

       "Fries with ketchup only."

       "His birthday...."

       "February 4th. He was born on a Tuesday in the year 1997."

       Thalia looked as if she was starting to get annoyed by me. "Both of his siblings' names."

       "Gale and Graeme. And he has a little sister, five years old, named Ginny."

       "His favorite place...."

       "The beach," I said. "Face it, Thalia. I know Grayson more than you."

      Thalia snorted. "Keep believing that, Poppy."

       "I believe it because it's true," I said. "Were you there for Grayson when he went through something so traumatizing? Were you there for him when he got shot by someone he used to be friends with? Were you there for him every single time he cried and needed someone to talk to?"

       Thalia sent me a smirk. "And there's a reason why I know him more. Grayson doesn't cry."

       "He doesn't?" I asked. "Really? So if he doesn't cry, then what is the liquid that oddly resembles tears that come out of his eyes whenever he's sad or felt guilty about something? If you've never seen him cry, something I have seen plenty of times, then maybe you don't know him."

       "I've known him longer than you."

       "Maybe that's true," I said. "But I know him more. I know everything about him as if he was my either half. We've been through a whole lot together and he isn't just going to break up with me just so he could get together with his ex-girlfriend. We love each other a whole lot and nothing, nobody, can stop how we feel for each other."

       Thalia didn't say anything as she left, a scowl on her face. I sighed, watching her leave. I hated how she acted around me. It wasn't like she owned Grayson. He was my boyfriend and she couldn't expect him to break up with me to get back together with her. They dated a long time ago.

       "Wow," a familiar voice said, one I haven't heard in a while. "I never knew you were possessive of me. Kind of hot."

       I turned towards the source of the voice, my eyes widening in disbelief.

       I never thought I would hear his voice again, or even see the smile he was sending me.

       Grayson Prince was awake from his coma.

       "I'm still waiting for my hug," Grayson said, his arms held open. I ran towards him, wrapping my arms around him and digging my face in his chest. God, I had missed his voice so much. I missed him.

       "I'm not letting go," I muttered in his chest.

       "I know I'm that special, but it could help if you don't hug me as tight," Grayson said, squirming a bit.

       I pulled back a little. "Sorry. I just missed you so much."

       "You missed me?" Grayson asked. "I've been here the whole time, right? Where did I go?"

       "What exactly do you remember?" I asked.

       Grayson shrugged. "Not much. Why? What happened? And why exactly am I in the hospital?"

       I sighed. "We got into an argument on our way to the café. The car crashed."

       "I-it did?" Grayson asked. "So I could have killed us? Great."

       I shook my head. "No, don't say that. It was all my fault. I'm the one who started the argument."

       "What was the argument about?" Grayson asked. "I seriously don't remember anything."

       "It was....it was about your antidepressants," I said. "You don't want to take it, but your doctor said it actually is working. And I don't want to see you get hurt, so I got mad."

       Grayson reached forward, brushing my  hair out of my face. "Flower, it's not your fault. I'm stubborn. I just don't want to accept my depression yet. That's why I haven't been taking my pills. Everyday, I hope I can get better without the pills. But....I guess it's not. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so stubborn."

       "So you're not mad that I yelled?" I asked.

       "I can't even remember the argument," Grayson said. "Technically, we're both at fault. If I crashed, I probably was yelling at you or something." I winced a bit, because he was right. "Ah, I'm right, aren't I? Anyway, no I'm not mad. I can never be mad at my flower." There it was; the nickname I really missed. "So, how long was I out for? Two hours? Three?"

       "Not exactly," I said. "You were kind of sort of inacomaandyourheartstoppedonetimewhichfreakedmeoutbuteverythingisokaynow."

       "Yeah, all I got from that was 'you were kind of sort of'," Grayson said. "Come on. Nothing I can't handle."

       "Two weeks," I said.

       Grayson blinked a few times. "What? I was out for two weeks? What, was I in a coma?" I winced again. "I was? You couldn't have told me that."

       "It was hard for me to accept," I said. "Especially after....your heart....stopped."

       "So I died?" Grayson said. "Fun times. At least I'm okay now. By the way, you're kind of hot when you're all possessive of me."

        "Very funny," I muttered. "Thalia was just getting on my nerves. She still likes you."

       "Yeah, I kind of figured that," he said. "But it doesn't matter because you're the only girl I have feelings for. Trust me when I tell you that what I felt for Thalia is nothing compared to how I feel about you."

       "Really?" I asked with a smile.

       Grayson nodded, returning the smile. "Really. Now can you do me a favor and get a nurse? I want to know when I can leave. Hospitals freak me out."

_______________

Grayson's okay now. (: I know he was only in a coma for two chapters, but the story won't really get that far with him in a coma. Besides, the crash wasn't severe, so two to four weeks is the estimated time of being in a coma.

The next chapter, in the spirit of October, will be the Halloween dance Poppy is forcing Grayson to go to. (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 36.3K 49
[COMPLETED] Book #1 in the Loving You series She was the light in my life when everything else was clouded with darkness. - Jason ~*~ Daisy McKenwa...
15.2M 303K 77
| Highest ranking : #3 in Teen Fiction | | Highest ranking : #20 in Romance | | Highest ranking : #1 in Teen Romance | (Undeniably in love with the b...
724K 24.6K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...
558K 12.6K 44
❝How did we get here?❞ I asked him as he twirled my hair between his fingers. He lifted my head up from his chest and smiled. ❝I don't know, but I'l...