Suitless (Harvey Specter)

By niconice123

Carmen Grace, or better yet, "Candy" is dumped by her boss and in result, forcibly fired from her stripping j... More

Arriving on Your Doorstep
Mr. Specter
My New Home
No Privates Privacy
Case Affairs
His Wing Man
Little Black Book
I'm Your King
Spy Agency
Voodoo Jealousy
Scottie
Zoe
Lighthouse Coffee
Gin and Tonic
The Day Off
2 Weeks of Pajamas
A War
Jessicas PA
Breaking Up
Harvey is not Mr. Specter
Donna
Leaving
Kicked Out
Arrested

Love

5.1K 128 10
By niconice123

I stepped into the office, signing the newly written contract that was on my desk. I was going to work for Harvey for another two years and I was semi pleased with it. I had rejected him last night and maybe one day he'll realize he has to do something to win me over, possibly like be ready for commitment.

"I take it things went well last night." Donna says, dropping her things beside her and placing her coffee next to her keyboard.

"Why do you say that?" I chuckle.

I feel her finger tips on my chin and as she turns my head to face near the elevators, I see Harvey coming down the hall with a big grin on his face.

I roll my eyes.

"I slapped him last night."

"You what?!" Donna asks, but quickly shuts her mouth as Harvey approaches us.

I hand him the receipt I had gotten after purchasing his new bedding.

"Donna." He nods, taking the receipt and stuffing it into his suit.

"Carmen." He smiles warmly, leaning down to kiss me on the cheek.

I blush furiously, my whole face turning crimson.

Harvey trails off into his office.

"What happened?!" Donna grins at me and sits politely in her chair, her chin in her palm.

"I don't want to talk about it Donna."

"Please?" She pleads, giving me her puppy dog eyes.

I sigh, "fine. He said some sweet things, made it clear he doesn't want a relationship, then made a move on me and it ended on decent enough terms for me to show up the next day. But I slapped him for even thinking about kissing me."

"Sweet things? What sweet things? Harvey doesn't say sweet things."

"When he's drunk, he does, yeah. He told me he loved me..." I laugh, yet Donna isnt smiling with me. Her face is straight and stern.

"Why aren't you ha-ha-ing with me?" I ask.

"Did he say the relationship stuff before or after I love you?"

"After, but I don't see what that has-"

"He's waiting for you to say it back."

"Donna, that's ridiculous. You may know Harvey very well, but not well enough."

"Whatever you say." She mutters, smacking her lips and turning to her computer.

Donna couldn't be right, could she?

Do I even love Harvey? He's never been good to me, in fact he was almost like an infection.

----------------------------------------------------

Lunch time finally rolled around and I was starving. I met up with Mike at his desk, staring at him impatiently while he typed.

"Yes, Carmen?" He asks with a smile.

"Let's get food. Hot dog stand? I'm starving." I groan, leaning my back against his cubicle.

"Fine. Just let me finish typing up this claim." He mutters, typing furiously.

Rachel soon walks passed us, smiling warily at me.

"Hey." I say softly.

"Hi." She tucks a piece of hair behind her ear and leans against Mikes cubicle with me.

"I'm sorry...." I say with a low voice, almost ashamed of myself.

"It's alright. I deserved it. So... Working for Harvey for another two years? How's the break up with Scottie going?" She asks.

"Yeah. Two more years," I fake clap, "break up with Scottie is... I don't know really. Last night he downed an entire bottle of bourbon and told me he loved me and today he's... Well he seems really happy."

"Love?" Rachel's jaw drops.

"With a bottle of bourbon floating in his stomach, Rach."

"Make no mistake, Harvey never fakes."

"What's that? Some Dr. Seuss memoir of Harvey's life?"

"Just a diddy to remind everyone here he always means what he says. Unless, of course, he's being passive aggressive, but in those moments, that's normally when everyone just stays away from him."

"Alright, ladies, let's grab some food!" Mike claps his hands as us three begin walking.

"Mike, Harvey told Carmen he loves her." Rachel squeals quietly.

"Can we all just pretend that didn't happen?" I ask, touching my blushing cheeks.

"Carmen, that's a big deal for Harvey."

"He was drunk, Mike."

"And? Sure, drinking can make you think crazy things but, it doesn't change your feelings. The only reason he probably said anything was because he drank, but it doesn't mean it's not true."

"What did you say back?" Rachel asks.

"One thing led to another and he said he doesn't want a relationship still because it's scares him and then he tried to make a move and... I slapped him."

"And he's happy today?!" Rachel laughs.

We open the doors to the outside world and I could already smell the greasy french fries.

"Yum." I whisper.

"Wait, so, he said that after or before I love you?" Mike asks.

"After, Mike." I order my food after replying to Mike, a chili dog and some fries. I was so hungry.

Mike laughs loudly, ordering his and Rachel's food.

"What?" I ask with mouth full.

"Carmen..."

"What?!" I ask again.

"Why would Harvey date someone who didn't react to him confessing his feelings?"

I finally swallow my food, already knowing what Mike was going to say, but still, I needed to make sure I was right.

"What are you talking about, Mike?"

"He's waiting for your response."

And just like that, I knew it had to be true. The question still racked in my brain though, do I really love Harvey?

"It's hard to love a man like that. Who treated me like a door mat, Mike. He can feel however he wants to, but I don't think I can get those feelings back."

"Suit yourself." He shrugs, taking a bite.

-----------------------------------------------

As I'm walking back to my desk, Donna stands up, blocking my way in. Her eyes drift to Harvey's door and I curl my upper lip at her.

"I told you, I'm not going to say anything to him just because you have suspicions."

She raised a brow at me, "he asked me to invite you into his office when you got back from lunch. He'd like to see you now."

I sigh, and look into the office, Harvey hard at work. He was staring at the files on his desk and I gently knock on the door. Harvey doesn't seem to notice so I take a small step in, gingerly making my way in and across the room to his desk. I knock softly on the wood and he finally looks up at me.

"Carmen." He smiles.

"Sit." He says, so I do as he says and take a seat in the chair across from him.

"No. Maybe stand." He mutters, and I once again do as he says.

Harvey stands up as well and walks over to me, taking my hands in his.

"I miss you." He whispers.

"I want you home."

I pull my hands from his and loom at Donna, who's pretending not to listen, but I know she is.

I love living with Donna, even though we shared the same bed and ate ice cream more than we should.

I look back to Harvey who just has a tired smirk on his face. I really looked at him. He looked as if he had been up all night.

"Did you mean what you said to me last night? Lo...loving-"

"Loving you? Yes."

"And you're asking me to move back into the condo?"

"Yes."

"But you don't want to sleep together or go steady?"

Harvey stays silent, taking in a deep breath.

"Yes."

"Then why am I moving back?"

"I miss your company. I miss your music playing when I come home and your clothes being all over the bathroom floor."

"Harvey?"

"Yes Carmen?"

I look back at Donna once more, who is now staring at us. The more I try to deny it the more apparent it is to me. I do love Harvey, but there's so much repair that needs to be done.

"I love you too."

I hear Donna scream like a fan girl, loud enough to penetrate through the glass.

Harvey pulls me into him and kisses me passionately on the lips, holding the small of my back. I could practically feel the crowd outside of his office. As if all they needed were cameras to say "Harvey falls in love" and post it in tomorrow's paper.

"I really needed to hear that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 2.2K 53
Dainty had to deal with Gio's friends eating her food that she'll need after the dick appointment. She has so much to go through and her mind on the...
250K 5K 22
"You used to tell me that: love is lottery, but you got your numbers and you're betting on me. Are you still betting on me?" ~~~*~~~ Harvey Specter a...
24K 622 23
What if Mike had kept his word? What if Mike hadn't gone back to Harvey? Set in 3x02
61.4K 1.8K 101
Mike Ross and Harvey Specter fanfics because I CANNOT get enough of them :) Prompts are welcome!