Jessicas PA

And war it was... Here I am a week later, sitting between Harvey and Jessica like a piece of lunch meat. I could hear Harvey's nostrils flaring and he was so close to slapping Jessica.

"You didn't READ THE CONTRACT YOU JUST TOOK HER WORD FOR IT?!" Harvey yells at me.

I was wrong, he wasn't having a war with himself over his feelings for me, it was a war literally a war with me. A war I had involuntarily started. Jessica trapped me and she knew it. She wore a devilish grin.

I was now beginning to realize Louis was warning me before walking into her office.

"I have her after your first year is up. Which is only in a few months."

I was to become Jessica's PA, and as nice as it sounded to be far from Harvey, it hurt to know.

"Do you want that, Carmen?" Harvey asked, licking his lips.

Honestly, yes, I did. But I didn't want to work for someone who lied to me. I was really hoping for the position of front desk.

"No." I crack.

"What?" Jessica asks, her fear showing.

The merger was failing and slowly but surely, Harvey was nearing being named partner.

"I said... No." I state more sternly.

Harvey was still angry though, like I had torn apart my loyalty to him.

"Why not?" Jessica laughs, as if I were foolish to disagree.

I walk up to her and take the contract, tearing it apart.

"I know I can find a loophole somewhere in the contract you faxed to Harvey. If I can't, Mike Ross can. No one will own me after my two years are up with Harvey. If you truly want me as a front desk receptionist, then that would be a different story. However, don't lie to someone who trusts you completely. You'll lose it all. I will ever only be Harvey's PA." I say, placing the two thick pieces of paper onto her desk.

I walk out of the room, hearing Harvey and Jessica blow up in her office.

I slump down in my seat and Donna hands me the contract given to Harvey. Her ability to know me is almost as good as Harvey's.

"Mike already found it, it's states; if party disagrees with the new term of employment they may resign from all employment or continue with current employment for a longer term." She says, reading it back to me.

"So... That means I quit right now, all together, or get stuck to Harvey for another year. Jessica is playing fucking go fish!" I scream, ready to pull my hair out.

"Do you have time to be my PA?" Donna begins to mock Jessica in a deep voice.

"Go fish. Do have a position where I leave Harvey as his PA and move up in the company? " Donna now mocks me with a dainty voice.

"Go fish." Mike finishes for her.

"Look, I know the last thing you want is to be Harvey's PA, but Jessica totally lied to you. Two more years isn't bad."

"Maybe if I wasn't harassed by his crazy girlfriend and kicked out of his condo it wouldn't be so bad." I mumble, realizing I had come out with it.

I slap my hands over my mouth.

"What?" Donna asks with concern.

"Why didn't you tell Harvey?" Mike practically shouts.

"Hey guys." Rachel groans, approaching us.

"Why do you look so tired?" Mike asks her, holding her arms.

"I was out all night with Dana. She invited me for drinks and got plastered last night. She says I'm the only one who's been friendly to her at the firm. The only cool one of Harvey's friends. I think they hit a rough patch. She drank so much." She chuckles.

"What? Don't hang out with her." I scramble out of my desk to go find Harvey. I have to talk to him before Dana tries to get answers out of anyone else. Especially Rachel, who had no clue of Mikes secret.

"Why?" Rachel laughs. Her laugh was almost mocking me...

"Because, she's... Not good." I didn't know what else to say.

"Just because you're jealous of her and Harvey-" I couldn't help it, I slapped Rachel.

"Oh my god, Rach, I'm so sorry!" I shout, rushing up to her.

"Don't! Don't touch me!" She grumbles as Mike walks her away. Mike didn't have any reaction though, he knew what Rachel said was rude. I can't believe my actions though.

I catch Harvey right as he storms out of Jessica's office. He runs straight into me without so much as an apology.

"Harvey!" I shout.

"What, Carmen?! What could it possibly be now?! Are you going to go start working for Louis instead?! Oh wait, you signed a contract with Jessica! Maybe It would be better to be a receptionist than my PA, what do you think?!" He yells.

"Get the hell out of my face."

"It's about Scottie..." I whimper, almost feeling like tearing up.

He hated me. Utterly hated me.

"Right, the woman you're jealous of. The woman I want to spend the rest of my life with, what about her, Carmen?"

"Harvey, you're hurting my feelings." I whisper.

We were certainly gathering attention from many paralegals and Harvey still continued to fume.

"Oh really?! HURTING YOUR FEELINGS?! YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT TO END YOURS WITH ME!"

"Harvey, we're not doing this here. Please. Please not here."

"No! You know what, I think it's great that you go work for Jessica. I'm sick of you!"

"DID NOTHING I SAY IN HER OFFICE MAKE IT CLEAR TO YOU THAT IM YOURS AND YOURS ONLY?!" I fight back.

He comes in close to me, towering over me as his jaw clenches.

"You are not my anything." Harvey begins to walk away.

I try hard to push what he was saying aside in my head. I knew at times where he felt hurt he never really meant what he said. For some reason though, his words stuck and felt real. I run up to him again, walking at his pace so that I did not lose him and so he couldn't lose me.

"It's about Scottie and Mikes secret. It's about a week ago when the so called love of your life came to my desk and told me off."

Harvey stops and looks at me with a harsh glare, taking my hand and pulling me into his office.

Harvey practically throws me onto his couch and walks over to his desk.

"Make it quick, Carmen. Then I want you to plan your move over to Jessica."

"I'm not moving to Jessica's you fucking idiot."

"I refuse to let you continue to be my PA. Now. I'm giving you five minutes to explain to me what Scottie is doing."

"She came to the office asking me about Mike, telling me your relationship problems, I tried giving her advice, avoiding the Mike thing and told her to drop it, my advice was thin ice to me getting smacked. Last night she took out Rachel to try and figure out Mikes secret. If she finds out anything then Rachel will know. It's dangerous. She's stepping into fire, Harvey."

"And I will deal with that. Now, you've only got 3 months to get out of Donnas, and work for Jessica. You might want to start packing your things early, I don't think I'll be contacting you anytime soon for errands."

And here I was, growing farther from Harvey then ever before...