Leaving

I walk into Harveys office, my hair hanging low in my face. He looks up and smiles warmly at me.

"Dana is the opposing lawyer." I practically whisper.

"What?" He raises a brow, his smirk eating at me.

How could I give bad news to a guy like that?

"I... Dana... She's the opposing lawyer and... That could mean she knows about the spy-"

"Spying? I may have told her a lot of things, Carmen. But anything about you spying for me wasn't one of them." His mouth was straight, as if the news still had a small amount of terribleness to it.

I knew why too, he didn't want to see her. He knew she wasn't about to avoid any cheap shots. Jabs at m. He wasn't prepared for it.

"I don't want to be... Mean to you Carmen. Please. Get out." He begged.

Harvey was fighting his own demons and was trying his best to protect me. However, I didn't want protecting anymore. I wanted Harvey. Both Harveys.

HARVEYS POV:

I walk into the conference room, Dana sitting patiently, her grin undeniable. I could punch her and kiss her at the same time.

"Harvey. Glad you could join us. I know it's tough being love sick, but we've got business to attend to." Here we go.

"Ms. Scott. I'd appreciate the small jabs to be tucked in your back pocket so we can act as professionals."

"Anything you say, Mr. Specter." She says, mocking Carmens tone of voice.

I loosen my tie slightly, the room feeling as uncomfortable as it does hot. I sit down beside my client, Fred. To my surprise, Jillian was beside him, ready to fight both his and hers battles.

However, Fred's soon to be ex wife grinned at me with the cruddy grin Scottie had given me. Scottie told her everything and I knew it. From me and her to me and Carmen. I immediately felt my face burn hot. I was angry and I wasn't ready for Scottie.

------------------------------------------------

I was almost spaced out for the majority of the meeting. Everything was a blur and Scottie was magically civil. It was all going okay until Scottie said her name.

"Carmen helped on this case, did she not?"

Fred had no idea what Scottie was talking about and I wasn't even sure how Scottie knew. Unless...

Rachel.

"Excuse me?"

And there Scottie goes, playing the tape from Rachel. That smart, conniving bitch.

"Ms. Scott, this is my work place, rumors spread. That evidence isn't really evidence."

"And taking Jillians word along with her so called friend, is?"

She knew the girls voice in my tap recording was Carmen, she had no doubt. I felt cornered.

"Ms. Scott that is a high accusation."

"Work place huh? Why don't you tell everyone how you're sleeping with Carmen? Jillians friend Carmen. You've met Carmen, haven't you Jillian?"