You Know I'm Such a Fool for...

By dinhadb

Vicky is a 17 year old girl who has a dedicated mom, a best friend she loves, Leah, and an ‘almost’ boyfriend... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 7

112K 1K 49
By dinhadb

Hey people!

Edited by bullsfan0406. Thank you so much! =)

Oh, and I don't really like this chapter, but please don't give up! The next one is better! :D

Anyway, thank you so much for reading and please, please, please vote and comment? :)

Chapter 7

Vicky

We were in history class. Roxie, Max, Leah and I have this class together and it was almost like a free period, nobody pays attention and the teacher doesn’t really care if we’re there or not. He just sits on his chair and reads the History book.

Today was a slow day. Roxie was drawing hearts with ‘Mrs. Roxie Roth’ and ‘B+R’ (Bill Roth, the kicker of the football team, her latest crush). Leah and Max were exchanging notes and laughing. I was thinking about what I was going to eat when the bell rang. Finally! Lunch period.

At the cafeteria, Roxie and I went to sit at our regular table while Max and Leah went to get us some food.

“Are you ready for your test?” I asked Roxie. She was having an English test next period.

“Don’t remind me of that!! I’m so failing English this time…” she answered, pretending to cry.

“You are not failing English! You always say that, but in the end you study for the finals and pass.” I said, not really worried. She’s such a drama queen sometimes!

“I mean it this time” she pouted a little.

“Then next time, you’ll study.” I said with a cruel smile.

“God you are evil!” She laughed.

Max and Leah came with our food laughing at something. As usual, we talked about all the gossips we heard during the day and other stupid things. Thankfully, no one asked about Oliver. Leah must have told them what happened.

The rest of the day was just ordinary. Leah, unbelievably, didn’t suffer any accidents in PE. Maybe karma gave her a break, considering she had that accident yesterday when we were with Adrian.

I went home, did my homework and watched some TV. It was a boring day and Leah was in the photography club meeting so I didn’t have much to do. I even thought about calling Adrian, but I didn’t know if he would like it. I mean, he was being nice and all, but it’s not like we became BFF all of a sudden.

The next day, I got ready for school and went downstairs to have breakfast with my mom, which was rare; she was working really hard these days.

“Pumpkin, I’ll need your car today… my car will be at the garage for a couple of days.”

“But mom, how I’m gonna go to school? It’s a really long walk, you know.”

“Don’t worry about that. I’ve already called someone to give you a ride,” she said pinching my cheeks. I hate it when she does that, it makes me feel like a 6 year old!

“Who did you call?”

Before she could answer, the door bell rang. I got up to answer, it was Adrian.

“What are you doing here?” I asked confused.

“Pumpkin, I asked Adrian to give you a ride.” my mom said from behind me, looking like she had the best idea in the world.

“So, can we go? I don’t want you guys to get late on the best day of school.”

“Why would this be our best day of school?” I frowned at him.

“Because I’m giving you girls a ride, and maybe I’ll let you two show me off a little,” he told me with a smirk on his face.

“Dear lord, you are so cocky!” I complained punching his arm. “Don’t you have any classes for the next two days?”

“That wouldn’t stop me from taking care of my girls.” Adrian said, still smirking. I smiled when he said my girls. I liked that.

For the next two days Adrian drove us to school and picked us there. It was really embarrassing; all the girls at school who looked at Adrian left a pool of drool on the ground.

“If Adrian wasn’t so hot, I would totally be making a joke about this.” said Roxie… drooling.

Thursday I finally had my car. I was glad that I finally got it back. It’s not that riding with Adrian was that bad; it’s just that he draws too much attention and the fact that all the girls were trying to get noticed by him was really bothering me. I just don’t know why.

After school we went to Leah’s place and just hung out. Max and Leah were trying to throw peanuts at each other’s mouth, while Roxie and I were on the floor reading some magazines.

“I’m bored.” I said getting up and sitting on the couch.

“We could play videogames. Leah, doesn’t your brother have a PS3?” Max asked.

“I’m not going to play video games, you know how much I hate them” she said frowning.

“We could play truth or dare… how about it?” Roxie suggested.

“Isn’t that kinda lame?” Leah questioned.

“Well… we don’t have anything better to do, do we?” I said. It wouldn’t be my first option, but we didn’t have any other idea.

We sat in a circle on the floor, putting a bottle in the middle.

“Ok, I’ll start then” Leah said, already spinning the bottle “Roxie, truth or dare?”

“Truth,” Roxie said excited.

“How many guys have you… you know… done it with?” Leah asked in almost a whisper.

Roxie’s face turned red, and she mumbled something under her breath.

“What? I didn’t understand,” Leah complained.

“I… I… I’ve never done it before… I’m a virgin.” she was facing down and her face was as red as cherry.

“What?” the three of us yelled at the same time. I was so surprised. Roxie always seemed to be so experienced and she usually makes the dirtiest comments so eventually we just assumed she wasn’t a virgin anymore.

“But you always talk about sex like you know what you’re saying…” Leah said awkwardly voicing my thoughts.

“Oh for the love of God, in what world do you people live? Don’t you watch TV or something?” Roxie said in a rush. We all laughed at her expression “Come on dorks, it’s my turn!” she said spinning the bottle, trying to change the focus of our attention.

The bottle stopped pointing to Max. “Truth or dare Maxie?”

“Truth of course!” he said confidently.

“Are you interested in someone?” Roxie demanded.

“I, err… I changed my mind, I choose dare,” he answered looking nervous.

Roxie and I exchanged a meaningful look. What was he hiding from us? Was it someone we know? Well, knowing Max, he wasn’t going to tell us. Not even under torture.

“Alright then… what should it be?” Roxie said placing her index finger on her chin, looking thoughtful “hmm… I got it! You have to kiss Leah!”

“What?!” Leah yelled with her eyes wide open.

“You heard me, prepare your lips sunshine, because you’re gonna get kissed!” Roxie was clapping her hands excitedly.

Max stared nervously at Leah, who seemed apprehensive as well, but somehow I didn’t think she was as mad as she pretended to be.

Max eyed Leah as if asking permission and she just shrugged. They leaned closer to each other; their looks locked.

When their lips were mere inches apart, Adrian stepped into the living room. “What the hell are you doing with my sister you freak?”

Wow, he was mad. No, he was furious. He was looking at Max in a way that… well, let’s just say it wasn’t friendly.

Max and Leah jumped, startled at his reaction.

“Calm down man, it’s just a game.” Max said trying to look unaffected by Adrian’s outburst.

“What the hell do you thinking you’re doing, Adrian?” Leah snapped angrily.

“He was all over you, Leah” Adrian replied, as if it justified everything.

“Whatever, Adrian. I’m not discussing this with you in front of everyone,” Leah said, looking down at the floor.

I felt bed for her. She was so shy and I knew she was embarrassed.

“Do you want us to leave?” I asked looking from Adrian to her.

“No”. Adrian and Leah said together.

“So let’s just continue the game” Roxie suggested, trying to light up the mood.

Everybody nodded in agreement and Adrian sat down between Leah and me.

“What are you doing?” She asked narrowing her eyes at him.

“Oh, I think I’m gonna just sit here for a while and watch you guys play,” Adrian explained looking around at us. His eyes softened when he saw how sad Leah looked.

 “You mean you’re gonna sit here and play with us,” Roxie said, “because you’re not just listening to our precious secrets without giving us anything in return”, she continued. We all laughed.

“Ok, this should be fun” Adrian said after a few moments.

“Considering Adrian ruined my last dare, it’s still my turn”. Roxie informed while spinning the bottle again. This time Adrian was the victim.

“Truth or dare, Adrian?” She asked.

“Truth,” he replied amusedly.

“How many girlfriends did you have?”

“By girlfriend you mean someone I’ve dated more than a couple of times?” He asked.

“Of course” Roxie answered. “Oh, come on. Do you all have been living under a rock?”

I never thought I would see that, but Adrian actually looked uncomfortable.

“None,” he finally responded.

“Come on, Adrian. Even I know you’re a slut. No offense, but how do you expect us to believe that you’ve never had a girlfriend?” Roxie said.

“I’ve just never had anything serious.” I could almost detect a hint of regret in his voice.

“Wow, that’s just sad man. I never really understood why most of the guys just want to get laid instead of finding someone they like to be with,” Roxie said thoughtfully and added “anyway, I have nothing to do with it. It’s your life”.

The room was silent for long, awkward moments.

“Man, this night keeps getting weirder,” Max noted. “Well, it’s getting late and I don’t know if I’m ready for another revelation, so I’m out of here. Wanna a ride, Roxie?” he asked as he was getting up.

In truth, I think he wanted to bolt as soon as Adrian got in the room, so he took the first opportunity to leave.

“Yeah”. She hugged me and Leah and followed Max to the door. He gave a last apologetic glance towards Leah and left.

I noticed that Leah hadn’t said a word since what happened with Adrian. I had the feeling that she got really upset, so I thought I was better to leave so they could talk. Adrian was nowhere to be seen when I spoke “I’m going home now, Leah. I think you really need to talk to Adrian”.

“There’s no way I’m talking to that jerk tonight. Can I come over to you place?” She asked doing her lost puppy face.

“If that’s want you want, yeah, sure.” I didn’t understand why she got so mad at him. I know he overreacted a little, but he was just trying to protect her, like he always does.

“Can you wait a minute while I take a shower?”

“Ok”. Leah went upstairs and I sat on the couch.

Adrian chose that moment to come back from the kitchen with a soda in his hand.

“Where’s Leah?” He questioned looking around, trying to find her.

“She’s taking a shower; she’s sleeping at my house” I explained. “She’s really upset, Adrian”.

“I know. I shouldn’t have yelled like that, but I got so angry when I saw that guy almost kissing her, I couldn’t help myself”. He had a pained expression on his face. I didn’t like seeing him like that and all I wanted at that moment was to comfort him. I fought the urge to hug him and say that everything was going to be okay and just talked instead “Talk to her. Say you’re sorry and I’m sure she’ll understand”.

“It’s just that it’s so hard sometimes and I don’t know how to react.” He told me, running his hand through his hair.

“I know, and I understand how you feel, but you have to let her go, Adrian”. I don’t even know why I was saying that, but it seemed the right thing.

He just looked at me for a long time, like he was trying to let those words sink in.

I understood it was difficult for him; I knew how protective Adrian was, but Leah has to live her own life. Adrian can’t make her choices; she needs to be able to go on a date and have boyfriend without hiding that from her own brother.

Suddenly, I remembered something. “Adrian, can I ask you something?”

His eyes met mine when he said, “Sure, what do you wanna know, V?”

I felt butterflies in my stomach when he called me ‘V’ again and blushed. “Never mind,” I said, looking away from him.

“Come on, you know you can ask my anything. Talk to me; tell me why you’re blushing,” he said while grabbing my hand and shaking it a little. He had a huge smile on his face now. Oh, man, he’s so handsome.

“I’m glad to see that my embarrassment makes you feel better”, I joked, trying to change the subject. His grin widened, but he didn’t let go.

“Please, tell me,” he begged playfully.

I gave up. I was curious, anyway. “Why haven’t you had a girlfriend?” I asked.

This time, it was him who blushed.

“So, you’re interested in my love life, aren’t you?” He teased, but I could tell he was a little uncomfortable.

“Just curious” I said and that was true.

When he said he has never had a serious relationship, I started wondering why was that. Maybe the girls he dates don’t want him as a boyfriend, or maybe it’s him that isn’t interested. I know he have been with a lot of girls, but somehow I don’t think he’s the kind of guy who would push someone away if he really liked her.

He shrugged. “I just never liked someone enough to make it official”.

“Oh…” It was all I managed to say.

Just then Leah came into the living room and said that we should be going.

“Leah…” Adrian said.

“I’m not talking to you, Adrian” Leah said heading to the door.

“Please Leah… I’m sorry” He continued, but she didn’t answer. She looked me and asked “Are you coming?”

I gave a final apologetic look at Adrian while stepping out of the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

660 49 50
this story follows normal yet not so normal teens life leah carter is a 20 year old gurl with no parents her boyfriend broke her heart but... ...
591K 22.8K 40
Rely only on yourself. This is the rule Ren, an eighteen-year-old werewolf, lives by. Since the early age of ten she has only one goal on her mind;...
242K 4.6K 20
Almost 16 year old Leah expectantly excited for her birthday. Her Sixteenth birthday is special, its when she can look for her mate. She's Nice, Pret...
4.3M 98.7K 47
Lauren is 19 years old and the daughter of the village mayor. One day she accidently meets her mate - the most feared, brutal and unpredictable Alph...