My Best Friends Promise

By myfallingstars

An Alex Morgan and Tobin Heath friendship fanfic. More

Chapter One| The New Girl
Chapter Two| A Friendship is Born
Chapter Three| It's My Fight
Chapter Four| You're Not Fine
Chapter Five | You're Safe Now
Chapter Six| Come Home
Chapter Seven| It's Been So Long
Chapter Eight| Into The Future
Chapter Nine| Not A Goodbye
Chapter Ten| Missing You
Chapter Eleven| Broken Promises
Chapter Twelve | I Won't Let Go
Chapter Thirteen | Reuniting
Chapter Fourteen | When Can I See Her
Chapter Fifteen | Recovering
Chapter Sixteen | New Promises
Chapter Seventeen | Together Again
Chapter Eighteen | You Can't Go
Chapter Nineteen | Jersey Girls
Chapter Twenty | Not Without You
Chapter Twenty One | USWNT
Chapter Twenty Two | First Game
Chapter Twenty Four | Love Never Dies
Chapter Twenty Five | Sickness and In Health
Chapter Twenty Six | PART II Sickness and In Health
Chapter Twenty Seven | Stay With Me
Chapter Twenty Eight | Sacrifice
Chapter Twenty Nine | Don't Ever Forget Me
Chapter Thirty | Remembering You
Epilogue
IMPORTANT

Chapter Twenty Three | Alex Morgan

1.5K 40 35
By myfallingstars

TOBIN'S POV

Days turned into weeks. Weeks turned into months. Months turned into years. Time has been going by so fast that it's already been one year since joining the National Team and its so far been the best experience in my entire life. I still can't believe that I'm playing at this level at such a young age but it's a dream come true and that's all that matters. Everyday I am always so thankful for having this opportunity to meet new and amazing people. One day, just like any other practice day my old friend Christen Press showed up to the practice and it was quite surprising and little did I know that she has joined the National Team. And the same thing happened with Kelley O'Hara and each day I was wondering when Alex will join the team. If Kelley was able to come in at this time, then she should too.

Being on the National Team with a few of your best friends is probably something that I never expected. I've gotten closer with all of them during this journey and yes I have gotten to know the others on the team as well, especially our veterans.

Just last week we won our game which gave us a spot in the World Cup and it got us all pretty excited. But what sucks is that these past five games Alex hasn't gone to any of the games that I bought her tickets too and I don't know. I guess I was just so used to seeing her in the stands and celebrating after a goal. But it's whatever I guess, she can't make it to all the games so not a big deal.

This week is going to be a lot of hard work and practice. Especially because the tournaments start in two weeks, we all need to be fully prepared for this. Jill is having us do incredibly tough work outs, but in the end I guess they are worth it.

Ali and I woke up at the same time from the alarm clock. "Here goes another horrid practice. Tobin it was nice knowing you." Ali says as she plants her face into a pillow and I just laugh as I throw a pillow at her.

"Come on Ali, we have breakfast in a few and training lets get to it." I say as I bounce on her bed making her mumble something I couldn't quite hear. "I'm sorry, what was that?" I say.

"I said get off the bed or I'll make you get off." Ali mumbles as she throws a pillow at me.

"Someone's a little moody, looks like she can use a little cheering up." I say as a smirk forms across my face.

"Tobin don't you dare..." Ali says but it was to late. I begin tickling her, causing both of us to laugh so hard until we could hardly even breathe. "Okay Tobin you win, now get off of me." Ali says as she shoves me off. We both change into practice clothes and we head down to the dining room to join the rest of the team for breakfast. Like everyday I sat with Kelley, Press, HAO, Arod and Cheney and we all talked about the most random things.

Finally we went to the soccer field for training but usually the first ten minuets are just stretching and whatever. I walk up to Kelley. "Hey have you heard from Alex yet?" I ask.

"Nope, I mean I've tried calling her but she never answered." Kelley says as she shrugs her shoulders.

"Oh, because I've sent her tickets to some of our games, and she hasn't gone to any of them." I say as I let out a sigh.

"Maybe she's busy or out of town or something. Come on don't worry about it now, we have training in a few minuets." Kelley says as she smiles at me and all I do is smile back.

I go over to where my duffle bag is and I take out my phone and I decided to call Alex during this spare time I have. I find her name in my contacts and I hit her number, and I wait as each ring passes by.

--------

ALEX'S POV

I hear my phone ring in my pocket and I have trouble taking it out, then I realize it was Tobin. A smile goes across my face as I swing my duffle over my shoulder. Little does she know that I'm here, and I have a perfect view of Tobin, crouching by her bag with her phone by her ear. She doesn't know that I finally got accepted to the National Team and that today is my first day of training. The only reason why I never answered anyone's calls was because of this, and I'm ready to surprise them.

I accept her call and put the phone close to my ear. "Hey Tobin!" I say.

"Alex! It feels like forever since I last talked to you. How are you?" Tobin asks. And from where I'm standing she can't see me so I start to creep up behind her, but not to close for her to hear me.

"I'm great! Sorry I never returned your calls I've been busy lately." I say. I look around the soccer field and I see all the girls. I see Lauren, Amy and Kelley in a group talking.

"That's fine! I was worried because you didn't come to any of the games I sent tickets too." Tobin says.

"I caught them on TV!" I say and I hear and I see Tobin laugh.

"So what are you doing?" Tobin asks me and I feel my heart begin to race but a smile forms on me. I walk closer to Tobin to the point where I can see the color of her pony tail which is pink but she doesn't notice me.

"Turn around." I say and I watch as Tobin takes her phone away from her ear and she stands up and slowly turns around and finally faces me. Her eyes go wide and she pulls me in such a tight hug.

"Alex what are you doing here!" Tobin says as she holds my head into her hands.

"I think I belong here now." I say as I show her the same matching warm up shirt Tobin has on.

"How come you didn't tell me sooner!" Tobin says.

"Because I wanted to do this. Surprise you and everyone." I say with a smile.

"Ugh I don't like you." Tobin says.

"You love me." I say with a grin.

"Yeah, yeah. Well let's introduce you." Tobin says as she grabs my duffle and sets it next to hers. Then she grabs my arm and pulls me to a girl who I already know is Abby Wambach.

"Hey Abby, we've got a new one." Tobin says as she looks over at me and smiles. Abby turns around and smiles at me.

"Okay girls bring it in!" She yells and soon enough the rest of the team is circled around us. "We've got a new player today. This is Alex Morgan and she is a forward for us. So everyone please make her feel welcome, introduce yourself and we'll go from there." Abby says.

"Thanks, I'm happy to be here and can't wait to start playing with you all." I say. One by one everyone started introducing their names and finally I was able to embrace my friends. I gave Lauren and Amy big hugs, I missed them I missed everyone and being here with them is everything to me. I turned to give Kelley and Christen a hug and everything feels right everything is finally falling back into place and I'm loving every moment of it.

I followed Tobin around as she showed me the drills we do, and she really was a big help here. She explained everything to me and soon enough I was able to catch on with everything.

After the training, I followed everyone to the locker rooms where they all showered and changed into regular clothes. Afterwards we all went back to the hotel where I met up with Dawn and Jill.

"Oh Alex! We are so happy to have you here and I'm glad you're fitting in nicely." Jill says. "Tobin has offered to be your roommate so we made a few adjustments on whose rooming with who but we managed to get it sorted out. I see you two are very close."

"Best friends preferably." I say with a smile. "But thank you."

I met up with Tobin as she was waiting for the elevator to come down. "Hey Lex!" Tobin says as she smiles at me.

"You know, I've really missed you Tobin, and I'm glad that I'm here with you and everyone." I say as we hop into the elevator.

"I'm happy you're here too Lex. And don't even get me started with missing you." Tobin says with a laugh as we finally reach  a floor and I follow Tobin out of the elevator. "We're roommates." Tobin says as she smiles at me and slides the key into the room.

"I know." I say with a smile as I follow her into the room and set my stuff down and begin to unpack. Actually we both had to because she switched rooms.

"Are you done yet?" Tobin says as she jumps onto a bed.

"Just let me put this away." I say as I put my luggages into a closet and finally jump onto the other bed.

"What? I don't have cooties or anything." Tobin says as she pats the spot next to her.

I playfully roll my eyes as I jump onto her bed and set my head on her lap and I close my eyes as she begins braiding my hair like she always does.

"You seem really happy here Tobin." I say.

"I am actually, it's great here and I know you'll like it! The girls are super nice and supportive of anything and it's just a great place to be." Tobin says. Then it stays silent and I just stare at Tobin as she plays with my hair. "What?" Tobin chuckles.

"I missed you, like it feels live forever since we last hung out." I say as I let out a sigh.

"Yeah, I agree. But the dynamic duo is back in business." Tobin says and that makes us both laugh.

"So are you happy here Tobin? Like really how are you?" I ask Tobin.

I listen as Tobin lets out a long sigh. "Lex, I really appreciate you always looking out for me but I'm not a kid anymore. I know what makes me happy and it's being friends with you and being here with his team. Nothing else could make me more happier so you don't have to worry about me all the time." Tobin says.

I let out a sigh as I get up from laying on her lap and turn my back towards her. Then I feel Tobin fill the empty space next to me and I feel her head on my shoulder. "What's wrong?" She asks me and I feel tears form in my eyes. "Why are you crying?" She says as she wipes them away before they fall.

"I want you to be happy Tobin that's all I ever wanted, and everyday I still remember the first day I saw you when you got shoved into the lockers, and everything that followed that. That's stuck with me forever Tobin and it always makes me worried that you won't be happy. I hate remembering you like that, I want to remember you as the girl with the biggest smile." I say.

"Then that's how you'll remember me." Tobin says.

"Don't you ever think about it? Don't you ever think about the night you ran away and everything?" I ask.

"I do. I always do it's something you can't really forget, it's stuck with me." Tobin says.

"That's what kills me Tobin. You're always going to dwell on the past and you won't be able to more forward and damn it! You only deserved the best and this is what you got." I say.

"Alex, relax. Look at me..." Tobin says and I turn to face her. "I wouldn't be where I am without you, you don't have to be angry about anything. Okay?" Tobin says and I just nod my head. "Come on let's do something. It's your first day here!" Tobin says with a smile.

"It's to late to go out and don't we have curfews?" I say as Tobin pulls me to my feet.

"We aren't going anywhere and curfew is at ten and it's eight now." Tobin says. "Now let's go!" I follow Tobin around the hotel as she shows me around the place. The last place we stopped at was the pool and it was pretty cool.

"How deep is the water?" I ask as I take off my shoe and dip my foot in the water.

"Five feet so not that deep." Tobin says.

"Why is the water so cold? We already have ice baths." I say.

"It can't be that cold." Tobin says.

"Let's have you find out." I say as I grab Tobin's arm and push her into the water. In a few seconds she come out from under water.

"Alex what the hell!" Tobin yells at me and I stand in the back laughing so hard, I begin to hold my stomach. In a matter of seconds Tobin grabs my hand and pushes me into the water and then I pull her in. Finally after constant splashing and laughing we come out of the water, shivering.

We grab a few towels from a rack and wrap them around our shivering bodies and walk back to our rooms.

"Well that was fun wasn't it?" Tobin says.

"Don't mention it." I say and we both laugh. We each take our own showers and finally climb into our own beds. I turn to face Tobin and her back is towards me. "Hey Tobs." I whisper.

"Yeah?" She says without turning her back.

"Can you look at me." I say. And I wait for her to turn around until I can see her chocolate brown eyes.

"What is it Lex?" Tobin asks as she lets out a yawn.

"I love you." I say with a small smile.

"I love you too." Tobin says as she smiles back at me, a toothless grin.

"I can't say it enough you're the best friend ever and I mean that, whenever I say it. And I care about you and I love you unconditionally." I say.

"I know." Is all Tobin says and I can tell how tired she is today.

"Close your eyes and go to sleep." I say. Tobin nods her head and turns her back towards me and finally she falls asleep and I can tell by her light, gently snoring.

I smile to myself as I find myself falling asleep too.

The next morning

TOBIN'S POV

I wake up to my alarm and I shut it off. I look over at Alex who is still asleep in her bed. I pull the covers off of me and I swing my legs over my bed and walk to the bathroom. I take a quick shower and dress into practice clothes. When I'm ready I go over to Alex's bed and I sit on the side and gently shake her.

"Mmm?" Alex says in a questioning tone.

"Lex you have to get up or we'll be late for breakfast."

Within a couple minuets Alex is out of bed and she walks into the bathroom. After what felt like hours we head down to breakfast and join the rest of the team.

"Hey guys!" Lauren says as we sit down at our usual table.

"Morning." I say as I let out a yawn and sit next to Lauren. Then Alex mumbled something no one understands.

"What was that?" Amy says.

"Good morning." Alex says a little louder.

"Well, aren't you tired? What? Not use to waking up at this time?" Amy says and I laugh at that.

"Geez give me a break. I always slept in until eleven." Alex says as she places her head on the table.

"Well, how's your first day yesterday?" Lauren says and that makes Alex sit up.

"It was a lot of fun, I think I'm going to really like it here." Alex says as she looks at me and smiles.

"You know I'm really glad you're here." Amy says.

"Yeah I agree, I've missed you a lot." Lauren says and I agree with them.

"Okay ladies! Meeting in the conference room in five!" We hear Abby yell and that makes us all groan as we get up and throw our stuff away. We follow the rest of the team into the conference room and sit in the chairs as Jill walks in.

"Splendid! Hope you're morning is going great, I have a couple quick announcements. First, please expect these next two weeks of training to be hard, we have a couple new faces and we want them to be in perfect shape for our game which is in three weeks. Second, our game for the first game of the World Cup is against Germany and we all remember how physical they can be so we need to be prepared for that. Third, I need to see Heath, Arod and Cheney. Dismissed." Jill says as she claps her hands together and everyone files or except me, Arod and Cheney.

"Okay. From what I see, you seem to know Alex Morgan quite well. All I'm asking from especially you three is leadership. Tell her what to do make her feel welcome. You know the drill." Jill says. And we all nod our heads.

"That's all, see you at training." She says and we begin to walk out. We all head out onto the field with the rest of the team.

****************

AUTHORS NOTE

PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION I NEED YOUR OPINION

Do you want Tobin and Alex to be together yes or no?

No, I'll keep the story the way it is.

Yes, I'll have them together after I get in three or four chapters.

Thanks for reading hope you like it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 5.1K 59
"Remember I said I didn't love you? I lied." "Me too."
153K 3.6K 50
Polar opposites. The only words that can be used to describe Tobin Heath and Alex Morgan. Tobin and her friends are a rebellious, free, and pretty un...
35.5K 719 35
Andy was your average high school student. She played soccer, did well in school had crushes etc. She wasn't just like everyone one though. Her mothe...
27.7K 699 13
Alex Morgan has a few things she's keeping from her teammates. Things like who she's in love with, and how she lost her, and how she needs help getti...