Concealment ∞ Liam Dunbar [2]

By ashleylon

[Prequel to: "Revelations"] After dealing with the losses of Allison and Aiden, ritually sacrificing her fr... More

00 | Summary
01 | I Hate Mexico
02 | Baby Derek
03 | Your Plans Suck
05 | Drunk Teenagers
06 | Future-Telling Dream
07 | Assassins & Lacrosse
08 | Psychotic Teenagers
09 | PSAT Madness
10 | Supernatural Virus
11 | Mission Impossible
12 | Awkward Conversations
13 | Nice Girl
14 | Disastrous Bonfire
15 | It's Over
16 | Monsters From The Past
17 | Getting Obliterated
18 | Carbonite?
19 | Three Things
¡THE END!

04 | The Birthday Girl

3.2K 114 44
By ashleylon

Chapter Four

"I love you sweetie," was the last thing my mother ever said to me.

And I never said it back.

As a human, I carry emotions. Sometimes my emotions get the best of me. For example; when I was four years old, my mom wouldn't buy me a lollipop at our local candy store. Being the over-dramatic child I was, I ignored her for the rest of the day.

Ignoring my mom didn't seem like much at the time, since I knew she would be there when I woke up the next day.

However, there was no guarantee that she would be there when I woke up. But I was four years old, and completely unaware of that.

Another example is the night of my sixth birthday. After I opened my presents, my mother got a 'business call'.

"Yeah. Okay, I'll be there shortly." my mom spoke into her phone.

I walked up to her and my Aunt,

"Hey sweetie. Mommy has to go to somewhere, but she'll be back soon." My Aunt said, kneeling down to my level.

"Why?" I asked, peeking into my mother's room, watching her throw clothes into a suitcase.

"That's a secret," she smiled, tapping my nose.

I didn't smile back at her.

"Don't worry, she'll be back before you know it." she assured.

I looked down, and my mother walked up to me. She knelt down in front of me,

"I love you Elizabeth." my mother softly spoke, holding my face in her hands.

I didn't say anything back.

The horn of a car beeped, and she turned towards the door.

"It's okay Elizabeth, someday this will all make sense. Aunt Carol will take good care of you while I'm gone." she smiled, looking at her sister.

"I love you sweetie," was the last thing she said before racing out the door with her suitcase.

To this day I still don't know where she was going, but I do have assumptions.

I used to think that she was going to find my Dad, since he ran out on us when I was two.

But after I found out about the supernatural, I began to think that she was involved in it. Somehow, my mother knew about the supernatural.

I never told you what happened to her though. As you could suspect, she never came back. She actually died that night. The death was announced as a 'car accident' but I don't believe that. I never have.

I always think about what she said. "Someday this will all make sense," but I still don't know what that means.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you-" Aunt Carol began singing as she walked into my room with a cupcake.

"No." I groaned, shoving the pillow over my ears.

"Oh come on Liz, just one verse." she pleaded,

"No."

"Wha-" she started,

"No."

"Bu-" she tried,

"No."

"You don't even know what I was going to say," she scolded,

"I know that whatever it is can be said after eight o'clock." I said, sitting up.

She placed the cupcake on my nightstand.

"Here. The least you can do is open this," she offered, handing me a small box.

I looked at her skeptically,

"This isn't a gunna explode is it?" I cautiously questioned.

"No! No, I wouldn't do that to you...again." she laughed.

I slowly opened the box,

"Oh my god, Aunt Carol." I joyed, taking the necklace out of the box.

"It's a family heirloom, and it means more than you know." she smiled.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, putting it on.

"Nothing, it's just a family thing." she replied.

"Well, I think our ancestors had great taste." I stated, holding the necklace between my fingers as it dangled from my neck.

"Yeah, they did." she nodded, before she rose from her place on my bed. "Okay, time for you to get outta bed and get ready for school."

"What? I don't even get a 'no school' pass on my birthday?" I whined,

"You're only fifteen dear, you don't get 'no school' passes." she sassed, leaving my room.

"Stiles slow down! I don't feel like running right now," I yelled after him,

"Come on-" he started, screeching to a quick stop as we reached a turn.

"Finally," I breathed, noticing Liam caught between Scott and us.

"Liam, hey!" Stiles shouted,

"We need to talk." Scott said.

"No, you need to back the hell up, okay? All of you." Liam retorted, loudly.

Liam looked between the three of us. "Can you just listen for one second. Please?" Scott paused.

Liam motioned for Scott to continue. "Liam...we're brothers now." Scott stated.

Liam's face contorted along with mine. "Oh- Scott.." I mumbled.

"What?" Liam spat.

"Oh, God. That's.." Stiles began, having the same reaction as me.

"What are you talking about? We just met and you bit me." Liam narrowed his eyes,

"The bite- The bite is a gift." Scott stated.

"Scott, stop. Please stop. You- you, we're trying to help you, you little runt." Stiles chimed in.

"By kidnapping me?" Liam questioned, raising his eyebrows.

"Woah- we did not kidnap you. Okay? Scott did." I clarified, backing up Stiles.

"Liam, I've gone through this before. Something's happening to you. Something big." Scott whispered,

"Nothing's happening to me. Nothing." Liam hissed, ripping his bandage off and storming away.

"He healed." I breathed, as we all exchanged looks.

"Oh, there's the birthday girl," Lydia smiled as Scott, Stiles, and I walked up to the buses.

"Wait- It's your birthday?" Scott asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, how did we not know about this?" Stiles questioned,

"Because you guys didn't need to know, and I don't like talking about it.." I narrowed my eyes at Lydia.

She shrugged, and exchanged looks with everyone.

"Look- I'm not sharing my basement." Malia interrupted, changing the subject.

"Actually, it's my basement. And my mom noticed how you tore it up last time." Lydia added,

"All right she's still learning." Stiles reassured, rubbing Malia's arm.

"We're going to use the boathouse for Liam. It's got support beams. We can chain him to one of them." Scott offered,

"But how do we get him out to the lake house if he doesn't trust us?" Kira asked.

"I say if it keeps him from murdering someone, we chloroform the little bastard and throw him in the lake." Stiles offered, moving his hands around.

"I'm in." Malia stated, and Stiles motioned to her as I laughed.

"We're not killing or kidnapping him." Scott explained,

"Then let's be smarter. We tell him there's a party and invite him." Lydia simply added.

"So, you're going to ask out a freshman?" Stiles asked.

"No, I'm done with teenage boys." she replied, turning to me.

"No way. He already hates me for 'kidnapping him' there's no way he'd trust me to take him to a party." I pointed out,

"Then if we're playing a trick on someone, we'll have to use the trickster?" she smirked, turning towards Kira.

Kira looked around frantically, "Who, me? No way. Not me."

"Yes, you. You know what they call a female fox? A vixen." Lydia stated.

"Me?" she asked again,

"You can do it, Kira. Be a vixen." Lydia repeated.

Scott pulled up on his bike,

"So, do you just- not celebrate your birthday?" Malia asked, confused.

We were standing outside of Lydia's lakehouse, waiting for Kira and Liam to arrive.

"When I was younger, something happened on my birthday. I don't really like to talk about it, or even think about it." I snapped, walking over to Scott and Stiles,

"Well that's his teacher's car. After he took a crowbar to it." Stiles finished.

I widened my eyes at the picture,

"Liam did that?" I asked, and Stiles nodded slowly in response before I patted Scott in the shoulder. "Yikes, nice going Scott."

"Yeah, we should just- get inside." Stiles muttered, trying to lighten the situation.

We all walked inside and Stiles threw a bag of chains on the coffee table,

"It's your parents, right? They're the reason you don't celebrate your birthday?" Malia figured.

I rolled my eyes, "Your werecoyote senses picked up that much?"

She shrugged and waited for me to explain. "It was my mom, actually. My dad left when I was two." I explained.

"Wait- I didn't think that was on your birthday." Scott chimed in.

"Yeah- it was. Can we change the subject now please? I think I heard a car door." I folded my arms.

They all exchanged looks and Scott nodded.

The door slowly opened, as Liam and Kira entered.

"Sorry," Kira muttered, closing the door behind her as Liam tried leaving.

"What the hell is this?" Liam spat,

"Think of it like an intervention. You have a problem, Liam." Stiles started,

"And we're the only ones that can help." Scott finished.

Everyone slowly described what they were. "Werewolf? Werecoyote. Banshee. Fox?" Liam repeated,

"Kitsune. But fox works." Kira awkwardly corrected.

"What are you two?" Liam sassed, motioning between Stiles and myself.

"Uh, for a little while, I was possessed by an evil spirit. It was very evil." Stiles began, scratching the back of his neck.

"What are you now?" Liam questioned.

"Better.." Stiles finished, shrugging.

"And you?" Liam nodded at me.

"Oh- uh, human. Nothing exciting has happened to me, so..." I stuttered.

"Are those for me?" he asked, referring to the bag of chains.

"No, they're for me." Malia interrupted, flashing her eyes blue.

"How did you do that?" Liam looked around, freaked out.

"You'll learn. But first, you need to get through the full moon." Scott calmly reassured.

"The moon's already out." Liam acknowledged.

"And you're starting to feel something, aren't you?" Scott offered.

"I feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of psychotic nutjobs. You guys are out of your freaking minds." Liam suddenly raged, "I don't know how you did that eye thing, and I don't care. I'm walking out the door right now! If any of you try to stop me, I swear to God, I'm gunna-"

"I see somebody has some anger issues," I whispered to Stiles.

Liam collapsed to the ground, covering his ears in pain, screaming.

"What's wrong, Liam?" Scott asked,

"You don't hear that?" he shouted.

"Did you tell someone about this?" Lydia frantically asked.

"My friend Mason. You said it was a party," Liam struggled.

"And who did Mason invite?" Stiles piped up.

"Everyone." Kira stated, looking out the window.

"Fantastic." I groaned, throwing my hands up.

Liam began clawing at the floor,

"The floors! Get him off the floors!" Lydia started, but was cut off when he roared.

"We need to get him to the boathouse. Now!" Scott shouted, as him and Kira carried Liam away.

"Uh...Stiles.." Malia started, before roaring in his face.

"Hey, okay. Basement. Now." Stiles stammered, helping up Malia and grabbing the bag of chains.

"What are we supposed to do with the hordes gathering outside the door?" Lydia asked.

"Lydia, who throws the best parties in Beacon Hills?" Stiles replied,

"What? Me, obviously." Lydia stated, her voice rising in pitch.

"Okay, then throw a party." Stiles finished, entering the basement with Malia.

Lydia scoffed and we exchanged a look, opening the door.

"Hey. Uh, are we in the right place?" Mason asked, after we opened the door and stared at the crowd.

"For the party?" Garrett finished,

A party on my birthday. How ironic.

Lydia turned to me, and I faked a smile.

"Absolutely." she stated, smiling.

As Esteban Julio Ricardo Montoya de la Rosa Ramírez used to say,

This is a disaster.

I realized that if I keep writing these chapters by episodes, this book will be a total of 12 chapters. I don't know about you, but I don't want there to be only 12 chapters of this book.

Therefore, I have to start splitting the episodes. Splitting the episodes is difficult for me to do because I like there to be at least 2,000 words for each chapter,

I hope I can get more than just 12 chapters out of the 12 episodes of season 4. I may even have to start writing more of my own scenes...oh boy.

Well, now we know what happened to Liz's parents. I may have to edit my season 5 book now, because I didn't know any of this before.

I'm discovering Elizabeth's backstory while you guys are, so yeah.

Until the next chapter, goodbye ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 4.4K 16
"You wolf boys coming in or not? We have a dead pool to stop." In which Scott's baby sister discovers a whole new world with a certain blue-eyed beta...
400K 16.1K 29
I'm a little dysfunction, don't you know? If you push me, it might be bad - tech n9ne TEEN WOLF SEASON FOUR LIAM DUNBAR STANDALONE| BOYXBOY
225K 4.6K 33
"Something inside me has changed. I feel like I have hit rock bottom" Rebecca Martin just wants to be normal, she wants her mother to accept her an...
323K 6.5K 33
"I don't know how long it will take or what measures I will have to go to but I promise that I will try my best to fix you." Stella is a fr...