Love Is A Shining Star

By teraae

Laura, being a doctor, supplies most of her time to the preservation or at least lengthening of the lives of... More

PROLOGUE AND INTRODUCTION
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
Author's Note
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
Let's talk
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY ONE
CHAPTER FORTY TWO
CHAPTER FORTY THREE
NEW BOOK!
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY SIX
CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN
EPILOGUE
New Book 2

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

1.3K 133 180
By teraae

Last night’s flashback

Walter was feeling extremely depressed about what had occurred at Jennie's wedding. His mind was all over the place, thinking about Laura and that man she was dancing with. He was also thinking about Laura's blistering hatred towards him. He was puzzled as to whether or not he was becoming attached to her. The way he waited for her to return, and shouting at her for coming late. He had lied to his sister about his love and marriage to Laura, as well his aunt and Hannah. He hated remembering what had happened to him in his past.

*A flashback from Walter's past* 

"Mom! Please don't go! Dad, please stop her." said Ella with teary eyes and lying on her father's feet. Mr. James Scott picked her up and wiped away her tears.

"We’ve gotten divorced. You have to live with your aunt now." Mr. James was attempting to explain the situation to her.

Walter was standing at the corner, watching his parents parting ways. He was only six, and he was suffering through an incurable pain. He ran towards his mother and latched onto her wrist.

"Don't go mom! Please don't go!" he was sobbing. 

"I can't stay anymore, dear. You have to live with your father." She said, pushing him back and leaving him there, crying and sobbing. The little boy cried for his mother, but she had already departed. Forever.

* End of Walter's past flashback

This horrible scene echoed through his mind, and it was pushing him towards insanity. It was 12:00 A.M., he was still in his office. He dreaded his miserable life, the fear of falling in love, fear of becoming attached to someone as innocent, caring, and loving as Laura, fear of if his lie being discovered, he would become more miserable than he already was.

"Sir! Sir! Sir!" he heard his secretory calling him.

"Oh, yeah!" Walter suddenly escaped his dreadful thoughts.

"It's been an hour since you sat down here alone. All meetings are over, it's already late. You should leave now." She said as she gathered the scattered files on his table. 

Walter left the keys to the guard, and left for home. He went to a well-known club and ordered bottles of expensive wine for himself. Walter was known worldwide as a notorious businessman and the owner of James co-operation, therefore, he had a VIP reservation and special wines created exclusively for his enjoyment. He poured himself a small glass, and drank it all within half a second. On the front of his table sat a group of five men playing cards. The guys had been eying him for a long time. Walter ignored the group and drank another glass of wine, slowly this time. One of the guys walked towards Walter and patted him on the back.

"So, here we have Mr. Walter, right? The world famous businessman. What a mess! Look at yourself, I feel bad for you." He laughed and it made him uneasy. 

Walter quickly shrugged him off. The effect of drinking the superb wine was now overcoming his body. 

"Well, well. Don't be angry. I see a man in despair, which certainly means the loss of a loved one. We know a lot about young men like you. Want a woman for a ...." before he could utter another word, Walter held himself, managed to get up, and slapped him across the face. The man punched him back with all his might. Walter was far stronger than him. He grabbed hold of his arms in an attempt to get over him, and he socked him twice. His friends and everyone around them separated the two and managed to control the situation.

"You F*** like your father, you want to sleep with women. The dark blood in your veins will stay the same…" Before he could insult him more, Walter shrugged off the people restraining him, walked over to the offender, grabbed his shirt collar, and warned him.

"Don't you say a word about my family, you son of a *****" Walter threw him back and proceeded to walk towards the exit.

He was in tears and was unable to walk to the parking area. His body was in pain and blood was drooping from his nose. He was feeling dizzy and light-headed. The five men from before came up from behind him. One of them knocked Walter down, and the rest began beating him until he was severely injured. He was unable to fight back due to him being intoxicated. After beating him they fled the scene, leaving him face down on the floor. He somehow managed to lift himself up with blood seeping through various wounds that had been inflicted. He, in spite of being critically injured, overcame the pain and managed to drive home. He arrived in a state of dread. 

End of flashback

XXX

 I was deep asleep, still thinking about the previous night.  I was exhausted and was in my dream land. My phone began to ring constantly, but I was unable to open my eyes.

Someone twisted my finger and pulled me up. I opened my eyes, rubbing them, to see a familiar face in front of me. John sat in front of me. I rubbed my eyes again to confirm whether or not I was still dreaming. I could see the suns’ rays shooting through the window, and I was not even willing to get up from bed to shut the blinds. I was surprised to find myself lying on the bed. I remembered from last night that Walter was injured and, yeah, that I tried to help him with his wounds. I looked to my left then to the right right. I was thinking of Walter and wondered whether he was here. I was worried about him, he must have gone upstairs to sleep. 

"Laura, are you okay?" John shook me violently to wake me up.

I looked at him, and then towards his shining watch. I was feeling light-headed and the time was already 10:30 A.M.

"Oh! I am so late for the hospital. What are you doing here anyways?" I asked him shooting up from the bed. He looked down at the messy bed, then to the medical box at the corner of the table. 

He furrowed his eyebrows and grinned mischievously. 

"What?" I asked him with a clueless face.

"Well, did something happen last night?" he asked me looking at the mess and my pale face.

"It's a long story for now. Help me out because we have to rush to the hospital." I said to him, ignoring all his strange faces. I knew he had already guessed about what had happened. I ran out of the room and crashed into butler.

"Sorry! Where is Walter? Is he upstairs?" I was about to sprint upstairs until butler called me down.

"Mistress, he left very early this morning. He was badly injured, and I begged him not to go but he didn't listen to me. ". He was looking down in sorrow.

I became still, and my feet felt like they were glued to the floor the second I heard those words. I was losing my temper, but I had to make an attempt to control it.

"What the... Is he out of his mind?" I turned back and tried not to look at John's confused expressions. I walked towards butler and patted his shoulder. I was shocked to see what sort of person Walter really was. Someone I would never get to know. 

John held my hands and stared at me, smiling. We left for the hospital, and John seemed deadly serious. He had never been this serious until now. He was just driving in silence and looking straight ahead. Well, that's not like him. Usually he talks constantly throughout the ride, or he accounts his latest stories. I finally broke the silence when I had the chance to do so,

"What's with you now?" I inquired, in an attempt to figure out what had caused him to become so serious.

"Nothing," this was something he would never say under normal circumstances.

"Come on! That's not you!" I was annoyed and I looked him in the eyes. I was certain he didn't appreciate me concealing what had happened last night.

"Do you know last night was the worst day of my life," I told him as we exited the car after reaching the hospital. I grabbed my stethoscope and managed to walk alongside John.

"You don't need to tell me anything about your personal life. I don't want to interfere with your personal matters, but don't swallow too much pain by yourself." He walked towards me and hugged me firmly. I tightened my arms around his back with tears beginning to form in my eyes. 

"Don't embarrass me now, silly" he said as he wiped away my tears. John has always been very close to me. No one understands the way I feel better than he does.

"We'll talk in the cafeteria at 4:00 pm." I pushed him back and started walking towards the lift.

"Okay then," he replied, waving his hand goodbye. 

I was worried about the ice man the whole time. I know he is not my actual husband, but I can’t figure out why I’m still concerned for him. I was loving him more immensely than before. Why had he been injured? Why is he so cold? That man whom I met last night, he knew everything about Walter. 

"Dr. Laura?" the patient diverted me from my overwhelming thoughts.

"Sorry dear, I am a bit lost today. Just let me prescribe some medicines for you." I smiled at her, grabbing the pen. Today was not as hectic as it usually was. Well, as a doctor, I have to deal with everything I can. I was concerned for the Cancer Society because many donors were ready to give a huge amount of money, and I was quite sure that these children could survive. But at the same time, I was worried that the scary people would come back any day and ask for the money. My mind was flooded with these sorts of thoughts. I was about to leave for the tea, but my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey Laura!" it was my beloved Jennie.

"Jennie!!!" I was incapable of controlling my happiness.

"How have you been, Laura darling?" Jennie's voice made her seem like she was very happy.

"Well, I am good, can’t you tell? How were your lovely days with Paul? What are you guys planning? I am missing you already! ". I kept asking questions continuously.

"Love you more! I miss you too. I will not be coming back after this week. Paul and I are going on our honey moon." Replied Jennie.

"Oh! I am gonna miss you more! Anyways, have a good time. Send me your pictures through messenger, don't forget!" the call ended.

I bolted downstairs and grabbed a chair next to John.

"Where were you?" he was sitting with his arms in annoyance.

"Sorry, I got busy with Jennie's call. She will be leaving, probably next week." I took a cup of tea and stirred it.

"Wow! Sounds great!" John was so excited that his eyes gleamed in joy.

John offered me some cookies, and I accepted them gratefully. 

"About last night..." I tried to speak, but John interrupted again,

"Come on! Forget it!" he was back to his normal self. He actually started to make me worry.

"Walter returned home almost critically injured. He was badly wounded, it looked like he had been drunk and had fought someone. I don't know. I medicated him, though that stubborn guy didn't want to. He went to his office in this state. Can you believe it?" I put my hands on my face almost unconscious.

"You are really an idiot!" he shouted as he got up from his chair.

"Did you call him? Well you should go home now. And I mean now!" He grabbed my arms, pulling me up and away from the table. I felt as if everyone was watching us, making some strange faces. I quickly packed up my work, and John aided me with checking up my last three patients. I called my driver and he was able to reach me within twenty minutes.

I quickly exited my car and was about to enter my home, when I saw someone familiar already waiting for me.

The guy walked next to me and came close. 

"You!" I exclaimed looking at Daniel.

"Oh! So, you are happy to see me. My love magic really did work." He winked and grabbed my face. 

I pushed him back, glaring at him with fire in my eyes.

"What are you doing here, dumb head?" I said as I folded my arms, looking at the most unwanted guy on the planet. 

"I like the name dump head. Anyways, let's go." He smiled, taking out a piece of chewing gum from his pocket. He took his hands out of his pockets and offered me some of his gum.

"No thanks. Actually, Daniel..." I was about to complete my sentence, but the crap interrupted again,

"You even know my name? Romance is going to bloom our way," he grinned.

"Will you shut up and get lost? I am really busy today! Next time, okay?" I tried to conceal my anger deep inside me.

"I won't go that easily, my pretty woman," he walked towards me and placed his arms around my shoulder.

"What do you want?" I said trying to avoid him. Both of us were still standing at the gate. 

"Your name?" he laughed hard.

"Laura! Now get lost, you dumb head!" I shouted as I walked into the house.

"Laura Scott?" he chuckled lightly as he followed me.

"Yes, now please leave," I said with my blood beginning to boil.

"Okay! Okay!" he laughed harder.

"Can you give me a flying kiss Lee?" he snickered, making me giggle.

"Yes, I have a better thing than that. A flying heel right in your face?" I giggled again and noticed him walking back.

"I should be going. Bye," and in less than a minute, he was gone.
I had never seen someone as insane as he was. I don't know what he wants, or why he flirts with a married woman, like me.

Let me describe Daniel's features. He was a high school boy around the age of eighteen. He had light brown and messy hair, with hazel eyes. He was rather tall, and had a fair complexion. Always wearing a rally cap with a half sleeve t-shirt and shorts. Overall, he was a good-looking kid with the most mischievous character.

I entered my home and found everything already cleaned up. Butler was preparing for the dinner, and other servants were about to leave.

"What are you preparing for dinner?" I asked butler, pouring cold water into a glass.

"Rice with some sauce," he said while washing the dishes.

"Wait… I will make a cup of soup. It will make you feel better. Jennie used to make it for me when I fell ill." I smiled at him.

It took me half an hour to prepare that soup for him. I was feeling hungry because it was already 8:00 P.M., so I cooked pasta and ate all of it quickly. I called Walter, at last, to know if he was okay. Not a single reply, as usual. I sat on the stairs in the main entrance to the hall. It was getting a bit chilly at 10:00 P.M., but I decided to wait for that jerk. 

I heard his car's horn and I stood up waiting for him. The driver helped him with walking up to the lounge. He passed by, ignoring me, and slowly walked upstairs. I followed him and grasped his arms tightly. 

"Are you seriously crazy? Why are you doing this to yourself?" I was getting more emotional with every word I spoke.

He didn't so much as acknowledge me and he pushed my hands away. I tried walking into his room.

"Look into my eyes, please. I have made some special soup for you, and I have bought some pain killers for you to take." I said to him, about to move downstairs.

He grabbed my wrist tightly and pushed me against the wall. He walked towards me coming very close. He was standing against me, our bodies touching each other. I tried to move, but I couldn't, as he was all over me.

"What are you trying to do?" I was blushing going all red. His blue eyes were gazing upon me. He was just staring into my eyes continuously. My heart was pounding as it has never done before. I struggled to attempt and break free from his grip, but he was too strong. Both of his arms were around my shoulders, and his chest was touching my body. I tried not to look at him.

"Walter, will you please move?" I murmured. My throat was all dried up, and I was shivering.

"That's what you want, don't you?" his eyes narrowed, looking at me as if he was plotting to kill me.

"What are you talking about?" I struggled, unsuccessfully, to escape from his grip.

"Why do you care about me? Why are you trying to be nice to me, Laura darling?" his smile bcame wicked.

What did he just say? Laura darling? He was going insane.

"I just wanted to help you! That's it! Why are you so mean?" I was unable to say another word.

"Haha, helping me? Oh! That's not the truth. There is something else, isn’t there? Maybe you have fallen in love? Are you getting attached to me? Are you really getting serious about this relationship?" He had gotten so near me, it made me incapable of moving. I was shocked to hear those rude words and the hatred behind them.

"What? Why would I ever fell for a jerk like you? Stop it! That’s enough!" I yelled, almost in tears as I pushed him away. I ran away from him at the verge of bursting into tears.

"Wait! Just one more thing, don't take this contract seriously. There is no relation between us, and stay away from me. I can never return your love because I have no feelings for you. You know the reason for us getting married, so it's better if you don't interfere with my life. I know how much you hate me, but I wanted to make it clear." These words spoken by him shattered my heart into countless pieces. I quickly went into my room and couldn't stop myself from crying. I was crying and my heart was aching more than ever. What had made him so cold? So rude? He is so cruel. That whole night I cried and missed my parents. 

The next morning, I woke up at 6:00 A.M. and left early. I asked John to pick me up at the nearby stop. There were dark circles around my eyes, and they were swollen due to last night’s events. He got here, and I sat in his car. He was surprised to see me in this condition. I had an extreme headache and felt really dizzy.

"Are you okay? Why are you here so early? You look pale, let's go to the resting room." John put his arms around my shoulders.

"I am fine, I have to go." I said in a low, monotone voice as I left him there.

 I just checked a few patients and asked Raven to get the rest. I won't be seeing more, as I was not feeling well. I went to John's office and asked him to escort me to his house.

I went to his house and slept for hours. He woke me up by shaking me violently for a while.

"Laura? Aren't you going home?" he asked me.

"John," I said, hugging him hard. I was almost in tears as he put his arms around my back.

"Laura, come on, what happened?" he was desperate to know.

I told him about our confrontation and my miserable life with Walter. He listened to me patiently and asked me to stay at his house for a week, or so, until everything cooled down between Walter and I. He didn't know about our contract marriage, all he knew was that we had a distant relationship. I stayed at his house for a week. We also went to see off Jennie, as she was leaving for Germany for her honeymoon. During my stay at John's house, I didn't contact Walter, and I didn't want to see him. I hated his name, because what he did to me last week was something I would never forget. I had promised myself that from now on, I would let this relationship be distant, and I would treat him the way he treated me.
For this whole month, I felt ill and light-headed. I took many medicines, but it looked like it was of no use.

John had to go to London to visit his mother, so I had to leave his house and return back to my house. He dropped me off, and hugged me hard. 

"Be brave. I know everything is going to be okay. I know he loves you, so it won’t take a long time to patch up.” He smiled at me and kissed on my forehead. Upon reaching the entrance, I saw the driver and butler throwing luggage into the car. Walter was standing dressed in his three-piece suit with long brown boots. He was dressed in a way that made him look like he was going somewhere out of the city.

I looked at him with a clueless face, but he ignored me and said to butler,

"Have you kept everything properly? Is my other bag ready?"

"Yes, sir," replied butler.

I walked in, getting nearer to Walter who was ignoring me as if I didn't exist.

"What's going on?" I asked butler, seeing Walter's face.

"Master is going to another city for a week," butler said, placing the luggage into the car.

"What?" I looked at Walter.

"I'll be out of the city because I have a meeting. Ella has already left for Mexico for attending the international meeting, and I am going to other city." replied Walter coldly.

"I'll be alone in the house?" I was standing there, still in shock.

He nodded his head and ordered the driver to recheck the luggage. He was leaving me all alone in this big house. He didn't even bother to ask me where I had been all these days, and now he was leaving me all by myself. “Walter, you don't know something. I can't stay alone.”

A/N: so guys here is a new update for you guys.
Okay I know most of you will be hating this chap... WALTER is a jerk! I know but he is really hard.. .
Sorry for the late update.... I was busy with stuff
...
So vote if you want more
Walter x Laura hahaha
Now I'll be adding more stuff making it more romantic... .I want to add more Laura x Walter!!!! ^.^
Give me your reviews if you have any ideas....

Don't forget to give me your reviews on this chap hehe xD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93K 2.9K 59
❝𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭, 𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥.❞ Living in a world...
308K 9.2K 31
(THE BILLIONAIRE'S SERIES BOOK ONE) VICTORIA CAMPBELL the ever forgiven heart of a maiden found herself toss into an arranged marriage to THE SMITH'S...
26.3K 1.7K 43
A compassionate nurse and a hardheaded playboy are locked in a battle of wills. Will she get through to him on time? When Kit Hart takes a job as a...
1.6M 49.9K 55
Highest ranking Millionaires No 6 (03-3-19) Deal No 3 (23-3-19) Feisty No 13 (05-6-19) ---------------------------------------------------------- ...