Concealment ∞ Liam Dunbar [2]

By ashleylon

[Prequel to: "Revelations"] After dealing with the losses of Allison and Aiden, ritually sacrificing her fr... More

00 | Summary
01 | I Hate Mexico
02 | Baby Derek
04 | The Birthday Girl
05 | Drunk Teenagers
06 | Future-Telling Dream
07 | Assassins & Lacrosse
08 | Psychotic Teenagers
09 | PSAT Madness
10 | Supernatural Virus
11 | Mission Impossible
12 | Awkward Conversations
13 | Nice Girl
14 | Disastrous Bonfire
15 | It's Over
16 | Monsters From The Past
17 | Getting Obliterated
18 | Carbonite?
19 | Three Things
¡THE END!

03 | Your Plans Suck

3.7K 114 54
By ashleylon

Chapter Three

"Of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?" Stiles asked Scott.

He was worried that he didn't have his spot as captain anymore, which is insane. He's the best player, besides me of course.

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today." Scott acknowledged,

"Yep, you're screwed." I commented.

Stiles narrowed his eyes at me. "We got bigger things to deal with anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?"

"Ah, I texted him but he didn't get back to me." Scott sighed.

"You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over text?" I asserted, crossing my arms.

"I didn't have the money to call France," he added.

"Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House." Stiles admitted.

"Another notice?" Scott badgered.

"Yeah, this one said 'final'." Stiles complained, "Now, what the hell are we even doing here anyway? We got like 117 million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them."

"It is now." Scott breathed, nodding over to the field.

I followed his gaze onto the field, watching a kid catch every ball that was thrown his way.

"Holy shit." I whispered.

"Who the hell is that?" Stiles asked.

As if on cue, the kid took his helmet off. "Nice, Liam. You might just be our first ever freshman captain." Garrett smiled.

I gasped, offended. "If anyone is going to be freshman captain, it's me!" I attempted to storm off onto the field.

Scott held me back.

"Maybe we should just practice a little bit." Stiles offered,

I marched into the boys locker room, following behind Scott and Stiles.

"Hey, Liam. You wanna explain what that was out there?" Stiles asked.

"What do you mean?" Liam's face contorted in confusion.

"That little display. That little circus act." Stiles badgered.

"What circus act?" Liam's eyebrows furrowed,

"You caught every shot," Stiles spat, annoyed.

"I was in goal." Liam bluntly replied.

"Yeah, but not a single shot got past you." I backed Stiles up.

"Yeah, I was the goalie. You guys played this game before?" Liam questioned, looking between the three of us.

"Oh my god," I groaned, putting my hand on my forehead.

Liam looked at me,

"You're a freshman, right?" Scott kindly asked.

"Yeah." Liam stated.

"But you weren't here last semester." Stiles chimed in.

"I transferred from Devenford Prep." Liam lied.

I narrowed my eyes, and exchanged a look with Stiles.

"You transferred?" Scott repeated, listening to his heartbeat.

"Yeah."

Liam was lying.

"No, you got kicked out, didn't you?" Scott corrected.

"All right. Look, kicked out or transferred, what do you guys care? I came here to play lacrosse. The team could use a few good players, right?" Liam hesitantly asked.

"No." Stiles and I argued in unison.

"We don't need any more good players." Stiles added.

"Nope." I finished.

"Actually, we could sort of use a couple." Scott awkwardly disagreed.

"Alright, how'd you get this good? Have you always been this good? Or did it suddenly happen just once over night. Have you ever been out in the middle of the woods during the night of a full-" Stiles started, causing my eyes to widen.

"Stiles.." Scott hissed.

"Look, I learned from my stepfather, all right? He made team captain when he was a sophomore. Like you." Liam looked at Scott.

"And yeah, I guess I'm just that good." he sassed, grabbing his stuff and walking away, purposely hitting my shoulder on his way out.

"He wasn't lying that time." Scott lightly smiled.

"That little-" I started,

"Let's just- go." Stiles cut me off.

"An axe murderer?" Kira raised her eyebrows.

After class I caught up with Scott and Stiles, filling me in on whatever supernatural crisis is currently happening.

"A family murdering axe murderer." Stiles corrected,

"I already heard about it." Scott admitted.

"Wait. What? You did? How?" Stiles questioned,

"My mom called me. She knew we'd see it on the news." Scott addressed.

"Perfect. Let's go." Stiles started to walk away with me by his side.

"Whoa, whoa. We've got Econ in five minutes." Scott bickered.

I shared a look with Stiles. "Um, did you forget the part about the 'family murdering axe murderer'?" I bickered.

Stiles gestured to me, expressing that I had a point.

"Did you forget that Stiles' dad is the sheriff? They want us to stay out of it." Scott bluntly replied.

I gasped.

"Why I never-" I started, spinning around and walking away, then walking back to them, exaggerating my point in order for it to be seen.

"There's an axe murderer out there and we're not going to do anything about it?" I finished, genuinely shocked.

"Maybe we should let the adults handle it." Kira quietly agreed with Scott.

I narrowed my eyes, and Stiles made a disgusted face.

"So the two of you, you just want to stay here, school, go to class. Never heard anything so irresponsible in my life. Come on Liz, let's go." Stiles shook his head, as we started walking away.

"See you guys at tryouts." Scott tried to brighten the situation.

Stiles flailed his arms at them while I shook my head.

This generation of teenagers is so ridiculous.

I rushed into the locker room, running to Scott and Stiles.

"No. Just no with the texts." Stiles finished talking to Scott.

"What'd I miss?" I asked, pulling my hair into a ponytail.

Stiles shook his head, as Coach blew the whistle.

"As a reminder, it's an open tryout today. All positions available. This is a rebuilding season, people. Jackon's gone, Lahey's gone...Greenberg, the one guy I actually wanted gone...was held back. Again. Get your asses on the field." Coach yelled,

We grabbed our lacrosse sticks, when I saw Scott walk up to Coach.

"Hey, Coach...I just wanted to ask if I was still- If I'm- You know..." Scott started, but kept stuttering.

"You're on the team McCall." Coach replied,

"But..am I...everything that I was on the team before?" Scott repeated.

"All positions are open." Coach spoke up, patting Scott on the arm before walking out.

I started walking out of the locker room, stopping in front of Scott before I left.

"All positions are open.." I smirked, patting him on the shoulder, mocking Coach.

I then continued walking out of the locker room, with a huge grin on my face.

All positions are open.

I continued running down the track, placing second. Not too bad for a freshman without super-speed.

"Horrifying. Pathetic. Unbelievably pathetic. Is that everyone?" Coach shouted, watching the last few runners pass him.

Stiles stopped in front of coach, panting heavily, and then collapsing on the ground.

"Yep, that's everyone." Coach dryly finished.

"I got you," Scott reassured Stiles, helping him up.

I stood next to them with my arms over my chest.

"Who came in first?" Stiles wheezed.

I nodded my head to Liam, who was currently doing non-stop push ups.

"Is he even human? What is he? Like a were-cheetah? Does it even exist? Is that a thing?" Stiles continued, sounding delirious.

"I think he's just that good." Scott replied, repeating what Liam told us, earning a laugh from me.

"I'm gunna puke, take me somewhere." Stiles babbled.

I held a disgusted look on my face as Scott hauled Stiles away.

Liam was up now, and following after Stiles isn't exactly hard to do.

"You know, maybe he's only good in goal. Just totally useless on the rest of the field." I began, until Liam shot the ball directly into the net.

"Yes!" I heard Coach shout, as the crowd cheered.

"Or maybe he's just perfect at everything. I hate this kid!" Stiles angrily spoke.

"You don't have to hate him. The team needs new players," Scott chimed in.

"What about a new team captain?" Stiles replied.

Scott grabbed the ball with his stick, and threw it.

It hit the metal post of the goal.

"Nice McCall!" Garrett shouted over the laughter of the other boys.

"Hey, Garrett...Shut up!" Stiles shouted back,

I laughed, stepping forward.

I picked up the ball with my stick, twirling it as I bounced on the ball of my heel.

I smirked and launched the ball forward, landing it perfectly in the goal.

Cheers erupted, and I grinned, walking back to Scott and Stiles.

"That's my girl!" Coach shouted, gloating.

As I passed Liam, I purposely bumped his shoulder, copying what he did to me in the locker room.

"Oops." I faked a smile,

Practice continued, and Scott missed every shot. Stiles did too, but that's not surprising.

I however, did amazing. Scoring every shot. That's also not surprising, since I've played lacrosse almost my entire life.

Scott started walking away,

"Dude, what is going on with you?" Stiles caught up to him,

"Yeah, you're actually making Stiles look good." I added,

Stiles narrowed his eyes at me,

"I don't know. I'm having a really off day." Scott lied.

"Off day? You were dying out there! I feel actual, physical pain watching you." Stiles over exaggerated.

"I didn't see you make any shots." Scott defended himself.

"Yes. That is because I'm terrible, though, Scott. You...you are the Alpha." Stiles pointed out.

"Not on the field. I'm human on the field." Scott argued,

"Well, human you is kind of sucking at the moment. So do you think there is any way you can use just like, a tiny bit of wolf power?" I asked, inching my fingers together.

"It's cheating." Scott bluntly replied.

"I know it is! It's just, I hate seeing this little freshman come in and steal all of your glory after you worked so hard for it. I hate it." I grimaced, glaring at Liam.

"Need I remind you, you're a freshman, and you're stealing his glory too." Stiles added, leaning into the conversation again.

I looked back at Stiles, "But I'm not trying to."

Stiles flailed his arms in the air, opening his mouth to talk.

"Yes! Hot damn! Yeah!" Coach shouted, causing us to look towards the field again.

Stiles and I stared at Scott for a moment. It's your choice, 'Alpha,'" I concluded, turning around and walking away.

Coach blew his obnoxiously loud whistle again,

"Hustle!" he shouted.

"McCall and Stilinski, grab the long sticks. You're covering goal for two-on-ones. Let's go! Line it up!" Coach concluded.

I walked over to the line of boys, pulling my helmet on slowly, and nodding at Scott and Stiles. They nodded back. It's time for Scott to find out if Liam is a werewolf.

Garrett was up first, and I watched as they took him down.

I mentally cheered when I heard Coach shout, "Those two are like sons to me!"

One after one they were taking down the boys.

"That's how you do it! That's how it's done!" Coach shouted,

They were supposed to take down Liam too, but he managed to score.

Everyone around me cheered and I just stood there, scowling at him.

"That was luck!" Malia yells,

"Oh god, Malia don't.." I mutter to myself.

"Do-over!" she adds.

I cover my face with my hand, hiding my shame.

"Sweetheart, there's no do-overs. This is practice," Coach shakes his head.

"Ten bucks on Scott and Stiles." she proudly spoke up.

"I'll take that action." Coach pointed to Malia, earning a smile.

"Hey! Get back in there Liam." Coach finishes.

This is not gunna end well.

Liam takes off. He doesn't last long though, because Scott flips him over.

I hear many "ooh's", and then I run to Scott and Stiles.

"Don't move! Don't touch him!" Coach yells, running towards Liam.

We take off our helmets, "I'm okay coach. I'm alright." Liam grunts.

Scott and Stiles help him up, and he screams.

"Really? Because you don't sound okay." I point out, watching them help him up.

"I- I think it's my leg." he panted.

"I think we better get him to the nurse." Stiles offered, as they walked away.

"You guys take a lap. Run around...start running around the field!" Coach shouted.

I start to walk away but Coach grabs my arm,

"Not you. You're one of our best players." he mumbles.

I do as he says, and walk over to the benches. After taking off most of my gear, I sit next to Malia and Kira.

"Hey-" I start, but I'm cut off by Coach.

"Stupid!" He screams, as he launches a lacrosse ball. It was headed straight for me. I stare at it as it comes closer to my face.

I close my eyes. This is the day I die.

"Oh, Wow! Nice catch. Throw it back!" Coach calls out,

I cautiously open my eyes, realizing that Kira caught the ball before it touched me.

She then launched it back to Coach, hitting him in the ribs,

"Someone ask her if she's ever played lacrosse!" Coach grunted, holding his stomach.

"Like I said, I told my dad everything I could." Stiles continued.

Scott invited us over to his house, but he didn't tell us why.

"But you didn't tell him about Liam?" Scott panted.

"You barely told me about Liam. What did you do with him anyway?" Stiles questioned.

"He's upstairs." Scott hesitantly replied.

"Doing what?" I curiously furrowed my eyebrows.

"Lying down." he lied.

Stiles and I ran upstairs, and followed Scott into his bedroom. From there, he led us to his bathroom.

He pulled back his shower curtain, revealing a tied up Liam.

My eyes widened as Liam looked up at us, squirming and trying to talk through the duct-tape. Stiles sighed and closed the shower curtain,

We walked back into Scott's bedroom, and the two boys sat on his bed.

"So you bit him." I spoke up, standing in front of them.

"Yeah."

"And you kidnapped him." I asked, pacing.

"Yeah."

"And you brought him here?!" I exclaimed.

"I panicked, Liz!" Scott nearly shouted.

"This isn't going to end with us burying the pieces of his body in the desert, is it?" Stiles asked,

We then heard muffled cries coming from the bathroom.

"As a reminder, this is why I always come up with the plans. Your plans suck." Stiles hissed.

"I know. Which is why I called you. So, what do we do?" Scott whined.

The boys moved Liam to a chair in Scott's room. Yep, great plan Stiles.

"Liam, we're going to take the tape off your mouth. If you scream, it goes right back on. If you talk quietly, it stays off. Got it? Okay." Stiles calmly announced.

Liam nodded, then Stiles ripped the tape off his mouth.

"Okay, Liam, now you've seen a lot of confusing things tonight. And more confusing things are going to happen because of the confusing things that happened tonight. Do you understand?" Stiles badgered.

A confused look formed on my face,

"Not really." Liam honestly answered.

"Good. That's good." Stiles nodded.

"I don't understand either," Scott added, looking at Stiles.

"Neither do I." I raised my hand.

Stiles grabbed my hand, moving it down. "Maybe you should tell him." he looked to Scott.

"Tell me what?" Liam asked, growing concerned.

"Liam...what happened to you, what I did to you, which I had to do in order to save you, it's gunna change you." Scott explained, in the sweetest voice possible.

"Unless it kills you," Stiles adds.

"Seriously Stiles?" I complain in a higher toned and slightly annoyed voice.

"Yeah, I shouldn't have said that." he stutters.

Liam starts whimpering.

"Uh, uh-oh. Oh- Is he...is he crying?" I ask, leaning forward.

"Hey, Liam it's okay. You're going to be alright." Scott comforts him,

He continues to cry.

"You're not going to die," Scott continues.

"Probably not." Stiles adds.

"Stop it." Scott whispers to Stiles,

"Okay, possibly not." Stiles corrects himself.

"No- would you just help me untie him?" Scott asks,

I stand back as they untie him. Something tells me this kid isn't going to act rationally.

"Liam? Are you okay?" Scott asks, as Liam stands up.

"We're sorry about that. We're really sorry." Stiles apologizes.

I notice Liam slowly grab hold of the chair,

"Oh shit-" I shout, ducking as he throws the chair at us.

"Liam, what the hell is your prob-" Stiles is cut off when Liam punches him in the face.

I slowly get up, laughing, and give a hand to Stiles to help him up.

"Would you stop laughing! Gah- just get him!" Stiles demands, slapping my hand away.

"Oh come on, that was hilarious! Your plan totally backfired!" I continue laughing,

Liam takes off down the hallway as these two imbeciles crawl out of Scott's room.

I walk slowly behind them,

"Get him!" Stiles yells, pointing at Liam as they both charge at him.

They all start screaming as they tumble down the stairs. I however, just stand at the top of the stairs and look down at what my friends have become.

Idiots.

Liam runs out the front door, leaving it wide open behind him.

"I got him! I got him! I got-" Stiles shouts as he holds onto Scott's leg.

Scott angrily pushes Stiles off him, and they both look out the front door.

"Your plan sucked too." Scott pouted,

Stiles looks up at me slowly. When his eyes lock on mine, I just wave.

"You could have gotten him." Stiles complains, rubbing his neck.

"That wouldn't have been as much fun as watching you guys struggle." I smiled, walking back to Scott's room.

I never know what to write at the end of my chapters...

I'm also loving this book. That may sound conceded, but I love being able to enjoy writing. When I have to write for school I'm being told what to write, which is why my school essays suck. Plus the topics for school essays are boring.

Until the next chapter, goodbye ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

596K 11.9K 31
Season 4 (Book 2) Chelsea Argent has been through it all. Ever since her dad left, she has been living with Scott and Melissa McCall. The death of he...
68.3K 1.4K 16
Sour wolves, werewolf best friends, high school, monsters in the woods, hunters for family, mean girls, and the constant sarcasm of Stiles Stilinski;...
79.1K 1.9K 30
As a child, Sydney Stilinski never believed in werewolves outside the pages of books and the screen of her television. That was, until she came face...
400K 16.1K 29
I'm a little dysfunction, don't you know? If you push me, it might be bad - tech n9ne TEEN WOLF SEASON FOUR LIAM DUNBAR STANDALONE| BOYXBOY