The Originals: Always and For...

By faithfish01

I've been held captive by witches of the French Quarter for four months. For four months, I've been missing... More

A New Life In An Ancient Place
To Sit Upon A Throne
Home
Everyone Deserves Happiness
Sisterly Love
A Birthday Reunion
Problems
Everlasting Complications
To Play Both Sides
The Bayou Baby Doctor
Dilemmas Beyond Repair
Sorrows
The Final Decision
A New Reign
A Massacre, A Betrayal, And An Alliance
The Harvest
The Return of an Old Enemy
Moonlight Madness
Insanity Comes In Many Witches And Bitches
Democracy or Hypocrisy?
The Feast of Blessings
Broken Peace
No Rest For The Wicked Or The Dead
Always And Forever
Death Is Only The Beginning
Epilogue

A Parent's Undying Love

750 14 1
By faithfish01

When I wake up the next morning, I find myself lying next to Davina. After Elijah and I had figured out Davina's sketches, I returned to her room to make sure she was ok. I fell asleep in the bed with her, but I doubt she minded. I quietly slip out of her bed and walk down the hall into my room. I change into a fresh pair of jeans and a dark colored floral top. I quickly put on a pair of black heels and then I walk down into the kitchen. No one is here there, which I am thankful for, as I pour myself a glass of my infamous breakfast drink- orange juice and blood. The extra weight from the baby is really starting to take its toll on my back and feet. Soon, I won't be able to wear heels like I usually do. I walk back up the stairs and into the living room to find Elijah staring at the Céleste sketch.

"Good morning," I greet him, taking a seat on the left side of him.

"Good morning," he says, eyeing my glass, "should I ask what it is you're drinking or do I not want to know?"

I laugh, "it's orange juice and blood. That way I can get blood into my system along with human food." Elijah smiles and shakes his head as I take another sip of the substance. It doesn't taste as bad as you think it would. It tastes like orange juice and blood.

"The Italians call them strega," Elijah says, staring at the sketch, "the Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them hexa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina."

"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection," Klaus says, walking in. When he sees me, he offers me a small smile, but I look away, unable to glance at his face. "Your Céleste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil according to our volatile artist in residence," Klaus says, observing the sketch.

"Yes, perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power," Elijah says, "Céleste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for 200 years. I don't understand why all these sketches now."

"Why do witches do anything," Klaus asks us.

"Because witches are witches," I answer him, "you seem to forget that I inherited your mother's powers, making me a third witch. Your mother was just as powerful as Davina is which makes me just as powerful."

"But your magic isn't tied to the ancestral magic here," Elijah tells me, "as powerful as you are, it doesn't help this situation." We hear something break and immediately I know it's Davina with Marcel.

"Well, that's going well," Klaus says to himself.

"If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea," Elijah tells him.

"Oh, are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face," Klaus asks his brother.

"Give me a month," Elijah answers, "I'll get you a list." We hear another crash and Klaus sighs.

"Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the ass," he says, getting up. I decide to follow him, knowing that he's going to Davina's room. He seems to notice that I'm following him because he slows down to walk beside me. "You weren't in our room last night," he says quietly.

I scuff, "you can't honestly think that I'm going to sleep with you after you tried to kill Davina? Oh, wait a second, you did kill Davina."

"I did what I had to do," Klaus tells me.

"You always say that, but in all honesty, that's a lie," I snap at him. Thankfully, we reach Davina's room and he walks in first.

"What's with all the racket," Klaus demands. When I walk in, I see a sight I did not expect to see. Davina is throwing up dirt onto her bed. Marcel's at her side, rubbing her back. "Bloody hell," Klaus whispers. Through her vomiting, I can hear Davina whimpering and when her pleading eyes meet mine, I jump next to her.

"Davina," I ask her. When she whimpers again, I throw my hands up, encasing her head between my hands and I focus on her magic. Then the ground starts to shake. Klaus walks out onto the balcony as Marcel holds onto the bed while I try to focus on Davina. "Davina," I scream over the mayhem, "you need to control your magic. Focus on control." Just when I find the problem in her brain, a blast of energy emits out of Davina, sending me flying back. The blast triggers something in my brain, causing me to grimace in pain. Seconds later, the ground stops shaking and both Marcel and Klaus appear at my side. I feel something warm on my upper lip and when I touch my fingers to it, I find that it's blood.

"Are you all right," Klaus asks me.

"I'm fine," I snap at him as I pull myself up off the ground, wiping the blood off. I place one of my hands on my stomach, just to check to make sure the baby is ok. Not sensing anything wrong, I walk towards Davina. She's lying on her back, breathing heavily. "Are you ok," I ask her, smoothing her hair down and away from her face.

She nods, "Are you?" I nod my head and she takes an unsteady breath. "I'm sorry I did that to you," she says, close to tears, "I don't know what's wrong with me."

"Sh," I comfort her, "we'll figure it out, don't worry. You're gonna be ok."

"Both of you come with me," Klaus commands Marcel and me as he leaves the room. Marcel leaves reluctantly, but I stay behind.

"Get some rest," I tell Davina as I kiss her forehead, "we'll figure everything out." She nods her head and I leave her room to follow Marcel and Klaus. I stop in the hallway when I start to feel dizzy. Leaning against the wall, I try to control my breathing. The sensation is weird. It's almost as if my magic is pulsating inside me. When the dizziness passes, I continue on. I find them in the living room with Elijah.

"This is madness," Klaus says, looking up at me as I walk in, "how can a 16-year-old girl shake the entire French Quarter?" Books litter the floor by the bookshelves while lamps are on the ground.

"I've seen her rock the church, but I've never seen anything like this," Marcel says.

"How did you control her when she was in the attic," Klaus asks him.

"I didn't have to," Marcel snaps, "but then I never killed her boyfriend."

"Yes, yes, we've been over this part already," Klaus rants, getting agitated, "the point is in her present state, she's useless as a tool against the witches."

"She's not a tool," I hiss, "She's a girl. There's something wrong with her. When I tried to pick through her brain to find what was wrong, it lashed out at me."

"She has too much power that she cannot control, that much we already knew," Elijah thinks out loud, "but why is it manifesting itself in such an aggressive manner?" Elijah starts to walk towards the door, looking like a man on a mission.

"Where are you going," Klaus asks him.

"This is witch business," Elijah answers, "let's ask a witch." He flies out the door, leaving me with Klaus and Marcel.

"You can't do anything to stop this," Klaus asks me.

I shake my head, "whatever is causing this is a part of her. She needs help from the witches."

"You realize that these are the witches who tried to kill her," Marcel asks and I nod my head.

"I'm fully aware of whom these witches are, but if Davina wants to recover from this, she'll need their help," I answer him, "there's only so much I can do." Suddenly, my legs wobble beneath me and I grab hold of the chair in front of me to keep me steady.

"Cordelia," Klaus says, making me look him in the eye, "are you all right?"

"I don't know," I admit, "ever since that blast from Davina hit me, I've been off."

"Off how," Marcel asks.

"It's hard to describe," I say, walking around to sit on the chair. Klaus and Marcel move to stand in front of me, their faces worried. "It's like my magic is pulsating inside me like it wants me to do something," I tell them.

"Why the hell would that happen," Marcel asks.

"I don't know," I answer, "it must have something to do with Davina's blast of energy. It must've triggered something or done something to me."

"That's not comforting to know," Klaus says quietly.

"What's not comforting to know," Gwen asks, appearing in the room along with Rebekah.

"Davina did something to Cordelia," Klaus says.

"What," Rebekah demands.

"She didn't do it on purpose," I assure them, "when I tried to help her during her outburst, some kind of blast emitted from her body. It did something to me."

"Is the baby ok," Gwen asks.

I nod my head, "there's something wrong with me, not the baby." A silence settles between the five of us. Klaus keeps looking at me as if I'm going to suddenly disappear.

"Davina's asking for you," Rebekah says to me. I sigh and scoot to the edge of the couch before struggling to stand to my feet. Marcel and Klaus both dart to my sides, holding out their hands for me. I grab onto Marcel's hand, flinching away from Klaus's. Marcel places his other hand on my back, hauling me to my feet. As soon as I'm on my feet, I step away from Marcel.

"Are you sure you can walk," Marcel asks me.

I nod, "I'm fine. The baby weight is just making it harder for me to get to my feet." Klaus's hurt expression slashes through my heart. I hate to see him like this, but he brought this upon himself when he succeeded in his attempt to kill Davina. I walk out of the living room and proceed down the hall towards Davina's room. When I walk in, Davina's sitting on her bed, crying. "Davina," I ask as I walk in, "what's wrong?" I sit down on the bed next to her as she sits up.

"I don't know what's wrong with me," she says, crying. I wrap my arms around her, letting her cry into my shoulder. "I don't know what's happening to me," she continues to sob into my shoulder. I rub my hand in circles across her back, ignoring the spark that ignites when I touch her. "I don't want to die Cordelia," she says to me. I immediately pull her away from me and look her in the eyes.

"Listen to me Davina," I say sternly, "you are not going to die. I promise you I will not let you die." I wrap my arms around her, actually hugging her this time. Her body is shaking, informing of how scared she really is. "Do you want me to pick through your mind," I ask her, "I can go see if I can fix it."

She shakes her head, "I don't want to hurt you Cordelia. The last time you tried, you got hurt. I don't want the baby to get hurt because of me."

"Davina, I wouldn't offer if I thought you'd hurt me," I assure her. She sighs and nods her head, sitting up straight. I get up off the bed and stand in front of her, placing my hands around her head. I close my eyes and concentrate on the magic part of her brain. I sort pass the natural parts of her brain and when I finally break through the barrier into her magic, Davina screams. I immediately stop what I'm doing as the ground begins to shake. I hang onto the wall, waiting for it to pass. When it does, Davina is breathing heavily, her skin clammy. "Rest Davina," I say and she does as I say. When she settles under the covers, I kiss her forehead before walking out of her room, closing the door behind me. I lean against the wall, sighing. Down the hall, I can hear Sophie's voice, letting me know Elijah's back. Opening my eyes, I walk down the hall into the living room.

"Said the desperate witch conveniently," Klaus says as I walk in.

"She's getting worse," I say to them. Klaus is sitting at the bar while Elijah and Rebekah sit on the chair and couch. Marcel and Gwen are standing by the window, staring out of it. Sophie is standing in front of them, next to the collage of Davina's sketches.

"I'm serious," Sophie says to us, "that earthquake you just felt- a preview of the disaster movie that is about to hit us."

"Why should we believe you," Elijah asks her.

"You've met Davina," Sophie says, "Cordelia raised her. You all know her story. For months now, she's been holding all the power of the three girls sacrificed in the Harvest ritual. A force that was meant to flow through her and back into the earth. One person was never meant to hold that much power. It's tearing her apart, and it will take us down with it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mikaelson's choice was clear- they believed Sophie. Klaus and Gwen have gone into the Quarter to find Father Kieran so he can start prepping the city for Davina's destruction. Elijah and Marcel are still with Sophie in the living room while Rebekah is in Davina's room. I'm leaning against the wall outside her room, listening to Rebekah's words.

"You'll cycle through the four stages, each one representing an element that bound together the Harvest," Rebekah explains, "the earthquake was the earth sign. Then comes wind, and since each stage is more intense than the last, let's just say you'll blow the roof off this place. Then after the wind is water. There will be rain and flooding. The last stage is fire and since it's the last one, it will be the worst. There's only one way to stop it. The witches want to complete the Harvest."

"No," Davina protests.

"The witches say you'll be resurrected," Rebekah assures.

"They're liars," Davina says, "They'll say anything to get what they want, just like Marcel, just like you."

"Davina, you may think that I don't care about you, but you're wrong," Rebekah tells her, "I know what it's like to have your life stripped away from you because of other people's bad decisions. How do you think I became a vampire?" There's silence before I hear Davina start to panic.

"What is that," she asks frantically. I know that Rebekah has showed her the syringe. Klaus had convinced everyone that the best way to keep Davina from deteriorating faster is to sedate her.

"The more upset you become, the faster you deteriorate," Rebekah tells her as Davina cries, "I compelled up some sedative." Tears spill from my own eyes as I listen to the girl I raised become scared.

"No, no, no," Davina cries.

"We keep you calm, we keep you alive Davina," Rebekah says to her.

"No please," Davina pleads with her. Suddenly, the winds pick up. I can hear the shutters slam against the windows and things crash to the ground. I'm standing in the middle of a hallway and I can feel a breeze against my arms. Davina is still screaming for Rebekah to stop, but then the wind stops and so does Davina's screams. Rebekah walks out of Davina's room, holding the empty syringe in her hand. She notices my tears and gives me a sympathetic smile before walking down the hall. I walk into Davina's room to find her sleeping in her bed, an IV attached to her arm. Rebekah had done what Klaus had told her. I drag a chair over to the side of her bed and sit down, my eyes never leaving her. Two vampires walk to the doorway of the room and stand guard. Klaus must've ordered them to make sure no one takes Davina. Then, Marcel walks in. When he sees me, he walks over and gives me a hug. I cherish the hug, but it still doesn't ease the pain. Letting go of me, he walks to the opposite side and examines the IV in her arm. He looks at me and I give him nothing in my expression. We both hear Elijah and Klaus downstairs and Marcel bolts out onto Davina's balcony.

"No way, you're not touching her," he screams. I get up to follow him. Marcel has jumped down onto the ground floor, punching Klaus in the jaw. Elijah holds him back as Klaus laughs. I stay up on the balcony, watching them.

"Ok, I'll let you have that one," Klaus tells him.

"Marcel, no one wishes to see Davina come to harm less than I, but there is no scenario here in which we simply wait this out," Elijah tells him, "she's going to die." Marcel shoves Elijah's hand off of him.

"According to Sophie, the witch who screwed over everybody here," Marcel snaps.

"The Harvest was working before it was stopped," Elijah says, "if a nonbeliever like Sophie Deveraux can come to have faith that these girls will be resurrected, then I, also, am a believer." Marcel pushes past Elijah, towards Klaus.

"I saved Davina from the Harvest and now you want me to just hand her over," Marcel asks him, "Cordelia raised Davina when her own mother abandoned her. Davina's mother was another witch who did nothing to help Davina as the three other girls were slaughtered."

"Do you think that I'm happy about this," Klaus asks him, "if the witches complete the Harvest, not only do they regain their power, we lose our weapon against them. The earthquake I was willing to chalk up to hideous coincidence, but these winds? If Davina is not sacrificed, then every inch of earth that shook, everything blowing about now will soon be drenched in water and consumed by fire."

"Oh, now you care about the city," Marcel exclaims.

"We ought to, we built it," Elijah says calmly.

"And we all saw it burnt to the ground twice," Klaus says, "I will not let that happen again. Do I make myself clear?"

Marcel stares at Klaus before saying, "Yeah, yeah." I walk back into Davina's room and take my seat in the chair next to her. Marcel soon appears, standing by Davina's side. It's clear how much Marcel has come to care for Davina in these last few months. Now, multiply that by 1,000 and that's how much I care for her. It's unfair that Davina got dealt such a bad hand and us a good hand. She's experienced more grief than any of us. My cell phone rings, breaking me out of my thoughts. It's Rebekah.

"Rebekah," I ask, answering it.

"How do you feel about recruiting more girls to our cause," she asks and I smile.

"Where are you," I ask her.

"Meet me at Rousseau's," she says, ending the call. I put my phone in my pocket and stand to my feet.

"Do what you need to do," I tell Marcel, hoping he gets my underlying thought. When he gives me a small smile, I leave the room, vamping my way to Rousseau's. The smell of alcohol immediately hits me as I walk in. Sophie is standing behind the bar, Rebekah sitting on the other side of it.

"Enlighten me," Sophie says as I take a seat next to Rebekah.

"A witch at her full power can trade body blows with a vampire punch for punch," Rebekah says, "believe me, I know."

"So do I," Sophie says, "be nice to have a fair fight for a change."

"Well, fair only gets you so far luv," Rebekah says, "Clever gets you further. After this, Marcel will still be here, and so will Klaus, and you know better than anyone that those two don't fight fair. You are going to need an Original on your side, in this case three Originals, and we're going to need a witch on ours if we're going to stop those two from running things."

Sophie furrows her eyebrows, "am I missing something? Would why you side with me?"

"Sometimes, what's more important is not who you're siding with, but who you're siding against," Rebekah says. Sophie smiles and now, our alliance has five members.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 719 106
Klaus Mikaelson, the original vampire-werewolf hybrid, has returned to New Orleans, the city his family helped build, the city from which he and his...
256K 3.2K 35
France Paris was my second home but New Orleans was my original home when I got a phone call from Marcel saying he needed my help I couldn't say no...
19.2K 673 23
When Colette came to New Orleans in the 1920s, she went looking for a man, Marcel Gerard. By his side as his advisor, she could help him create a sup...
1.5K 31 10
Sarah Mikaelson and her family, the Original Vampires find themselves in chaos and destruction when they make their return to the city they once resi...