Epilogue

I'm speeding to the clearing where Klaus told me to meet him. I spent too long with Davina and, though I don't regret it, I'll never forgive myself for missing the departure of my baby. Finally, I see Klaus's black SUV and I park next to him. He stands with our daughter in front of the SUV while Rebekah and Gwen stand in front of them, their red car behind them. They smile when they see me.

"Cordelia," they both say, hugging me.

"I'm so happy to see both of you," I tell them.

"You too darling," Rebekah smiles.

"You'll need a witch you can trust to cast a cloaking spell," Klaus tells them.

"I can do it," I say, "who better to do it than me?" Klaus looks like he's going to protest, but then he stops himself and nods. Sighing, I close my eyes and raise my hands, concentrating on my daughter and the two Mikaelson sisters. When I feel the spell set, I open my eyes and nod. "It's done," I say as I dig out a white stone out of my pocket, "take this just in case though." Gwen takes it from my hands, "it's a cloaking agent. Not that I doubt my spell, but you can never be too careful. Keep it with you at all times." Both sisters nod at my words.

"Perhaps we'll get a white fence," Rebekah says quietly, "I think that would be lovely." Klaus moves our baby so that he can look at her.

"This city would have seen you dead," he whispers to her, "but I will have it your home and every soul who wishes you harm will be struck down, just as sure as my blood runs through your veins. You will return to us." Klaus kisses her on her forehead and then her cheek before he hands to me. I take her in my arms and sigh.

"This isn't the end," I tell her, "you'll be home with us before you know it. We will see you again and we will be a proper family." Kissing her on her cheek, I hand my baby to Rebekah who gladly takes her. Klaus takes out the toy wooden soldier he had carved for Rebekah 1,000 years ago and places it with the baby. Rebekah looks up at Klaus with tears.

"In spite of our differences, sisters, there are no others we trust more with our daughter's life," Klaus tells the two of them. Klaus hugs Rebekah and kisses her cheek and I do the same to Gwen before we switch and repeat the gesture. "Be happy, sisters," Klaus tells them.

"She will be happy, Nik, we promise," Gwen says with tears.

"What's her name," Rebekah asks. Klaus and I look at each other, already knowing what we would name her.

"Hope," I answer them, "her name is Hope." Both Rebekah and Gwen look surprised before they smile at us one last time, turning to put Hope in their car. Klaus takes me into his arms as we watch the two sisters drive off with our baby girl. Watching her leave has unlocked something in me, something dark. Every soul who would dare even think about harming Hope will be struck down by my hand. I don't care how long it takes. I will make this city safe for her and I will stop at nothing until she returns home.

Hey guys!!!

So...it's been a year and half since I started this story. Yeah, I know. I'm the slowest author on Wattpad and I shouldn't be allowed to write on here anymore.

But I just wanted to thank you guys for tagging along for one hell of a ride! You guys are the best and I can't thank you enough for all your love and support! It means so much to me! I hope you enjoyed these characters as much as I liked writing the story line!

Check out the next installment! It's called The Originals: Family Is Power.

Y'all are always free to message me or leave comments if you have any questions or whatever. I'll try my best to be better with updating this next one I promise.

Again, thank you guys!!! Lots and lots and lots of love!! ❤️❤️

-Faith