Everyone Deserves Happiness

Damon and Alaric stare at me before they both start laughing.

"I'm serious," I yell to them.

"I'm sorry," Damon says, "I'm pretty sure I heard you wrong when you said that Klaus is the father of your kid."

"No, you didn't," I say to him. Both of their jaws drop.

"How could you," Damon asks, "I mean I know you slept with him, but now you're pregnant?"

"Where the hell have you been these past four months," Alaric demands.

"How about we go back to the house," I say them, "I told Klaus I'd met him there. Everyone'll be there. I'll explain the story once, so you had better be listening." Damon and Alaric both sigh before they look at me.

"Fine," Damon says, leading the way to the Salvatore House. Alaric and I follow him and fall into pace with him.

"Tell us one thing," Alaric says, "where the hell have you been?"

I sigh, "The French Quarter."

"Where the hell is that," Damon asks.

"New Orleans," Alaric answers.

"New Orleans," Damon asks, "Why were you there?"

"Were you there all four months," Alaric asks.

I nod, "the witches of the Quarter held me there."

"Why," Damon demands.

"I'll tell you when we get to the house," I say to them. They both fall silent, but this time I break it. "So Bonnie lowered the veil," I ask.

Alaric nods, "that's why you can see me. Bonnie's going to put it back up tonight."

"So I only have until tonight to catch up with you guys," I ask. I notice that we're walking onto the driveway of the Salvatore house.

"Bonnie will give us a heads up when she's getting ready to bring it up," Damon says.

"Who's here," I ask as we walk through the front door.

"Go see for yourself," Alaric says. I look to him with confusion before I continue on into the living room. In the room, I find Stefan, Elena, Matt, Jeremy, Bonnie, Caroline, Klaus, and someone I never thought I would see again. She's standing in front of the fire place, facing me. She's wearing a grey shirt, a leather jacket, black jeans, and black boots. Her blonde hair sweeps over her shoulders, her eyes on mine. There's a smile on her face, her happiness radiating off her.

"I leave you here with the last words to believe in yourself and I come back to find out that you've been missing for four months," she says, smiling.

I sigh, "Nice to see you too, Lexi." Her smile grows bigger as she walks towards me. I walk toward her and embrace her outstretched arms. Her hug fills me with warmth even though it's in the middle of June. She pulls back and looks down to my stomach.

"Just because I left didn't mean you could do whatever you wanted," she says, looking back up at my face.

"I did whatever I wanted even when you were still here," I say to her, smiling.

She laughs, "Who's the father? It better not be Damon or so help me..."

"I am," Klaus interrupts, walking towards me. He stands next to me as Lexi backs away from the both of us.

"This is a joke right," Lexi asks.

I shake my head, "no, it's not."

"You have three minutes to explain everything," Lexi says, sitting down on the couch next to Stefan.