Dilemmas Beyond Repair

I think it's needless to say that, even though I told him it was Agnes, Klaus went after Sophie. It's about an hour before noon and my magic has miraculously come back. I still can't use all of it, but it looks like Dr. Paige's cocktail of crap is starting to wear off. Rebekah, Gwen, and I are sitting in the living room, waiting for Klaus to come back with Sophie. Both of them are on edge about me. Since I wasn't able to heal last night, they're wondering if anything had happened to my baby. I, however, know that my baby is perfectly healthy. If something was wrong, I'd know. The front door slams and Klaus and Sophie appear. He throws Sophie down onto the chair across from me roughly.

"We had a deal," Klaus booms, "you protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army, and whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Cordelia to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches." Klaus sits down on the couch and stares at Sophie.

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear," Sophie says, "Cordelia and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die." I notice that Sophie has her shoulder bandaged up, the same place where I had an arrow sticking out of me.

"Then who were they," Rebekah demands.

"They're a faction of extremists," Sophie explains, "Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby."

"What kind of vision," Klaus asks.

"She has them all the time. They're totally open to interpretation," Sophie says, "I'm guessing she's wrong on this one."

"Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted," Klaus asks.

"Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches," Sophie says and I smile.

"Oh well, I grow fonder of this child by the second," Klaus says with a smile.

"Sophie, look, Rebekah and I promised Elijah that we would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty," Gwen says, "why don't you tell us just how extreme this faction is?"

"Elijah's talking to Davina," Sophie asks.

"Yeah, as we speak I imagine," Rebekah answers.

"I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd," Sophie says.

"Do tell," Klaus says, leaning back onto the couch.

Sophie sighs, "I wasn't always an advocate for the witches. My sister was devoted, like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turned 21, I left the Quarter to travel and play, but I wanted to be a chef, so I came back to Rousseau's. I threw my own homecoming party when I got back. Jane-Anne showed up and told me that the elders had called a vote. They were going to move forward with the Harvest."

"What the bloody hell is the Harvest," Rebekah asks.

Sophie looks at me, but I push her to continue, "It's a ritual our coven does every three centuries so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored. We appease our ancestors. They keep our ancestral magic flowing."

"And why haven't I heard of this," Klaus asks.

"Because the Harvest always seemed like a myth," Sophie answers, "a story passed down to generations like Noah's ark or the Buddha walking on water; the kind some people take literally and some don't. They had the girls in our community preparing for months. Four would be chosen for the Harvest. They said it was an honor, that they were special. I thought it was a myth."

"Was it," Gwen asks.

"I can assure you that the Harvest is no myth," I say. The four of them turn to me.