The Coffee Spill |Demi Lovato|

By FlexItDestiny

Ellie Welch hasn't had the easiest life. Her family disowned her at 19 years old when she gave her baby up fo... More

Before You Read!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 & 6
Chapter 7 & 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 *Sexual*
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26 *Sexual*
Chapter 27 *Sexual*
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 *Sexual*
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 *Sexual*
Chapter 41 *Sexual*
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 *Sexual*
Chapter 49 *Sexual*
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54 *Sexual*
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62 *Sexual*
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65 *Sexual*
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue

Chapter 68

3K 91 9
By FlexItDestiny

A/N - Sorry, not sorry.

*Ellie's POV*

I snuggle into Demi as the sun peaks through the curtains. I feel her arm that's wrapped around me pull me in tighter.

"Mmm," I sigh, nuzzling my head into the crook of her neck. I feel her chest rise and fall with each breath. I extend my lips, leaving pepper soft kisses on her tender skin. 

She giggles as she pulls away, trying to free herself from my attack. 

"You're so soft," I say, continuing my assault on her neck.

"Behave, Ellie. Isabella is just across the hall." Demi insists. 

I stop, retracting my lips. I relax into Demi's arms, drawing circles on her stomach. "She didn't wake us up in the middle of the night. Do you think she slept okay?" I ask, suddenly worried.

Demi's hand reaches for mine, weaving our fingers together. She uses her thumb to caress the back of my hand lovingly. "I'm sure she's fine. You can check on her if that will make you feel better."

I sigh. "Are you sure?" 

Demi lifts her head up, just far enough to extend her lips, kissing my forehead softly. "Absolutely." 

I fight the urge for a few minutes. Isabella hasn't even been under our care for a full twenty-four hours yet. I don't want to be overbearing. However, the thought of the unknown gets the best of me, forcing me out of Demi's grip. I slip out of the bedroom and down the hall swiftly. 

I open Isabella's door quietly, unsure if it will creak or not. I pop my head inside, my eyes are immediately drawn to her twin sleigh bed. The bed is almost perfectly made, except for the small outline of her body that takes up less than a fourth of the entire bed. Isabella's wavy, blonde hair is cascaded across her pillow and blanket. I let go of the door handle, standing in the doorway for a while, just taking in the sight. A sight I never thought I'd see again. 

I watch as Isabella begins to stir in her sleep. She lifts her arms over her head to stretch. She sits up, her Supergirl doll falling onto the floor. I open the door all the way and walk towards the end of Isabella's bed, picking up her doll. 

"Good morning, how did you sleep?" I ask, handing her the doll. 

"Good. This bed is super soft." She exclaims. She looks towards the door then back at me. "Where's Demi?" 

"She's in the bedroom. You can go in there, she's awake." 

Isabella throws the covers off herself and dangles her feet off the bed before jumping down. With her doll in her hands, she exits her room and turns left down the hallway. I follow her, watching her stumble down the hallway and towards the master suite. She pushes the door open and waits in the doorway for an invitation to enter. 

"Good morning," I hear Demi greet her. It takes Isabella a few seconds before she lets go of the doorknob and enters the bedroom. By the time I make it down the hallway and into the bedroom, Isabella is sitting in the middle of the bed, in the middle of a conversation with Demi. 

I take a seat at the end of the bed, watching the two interact with each other. Demi leans over to Isabella, whispering something in her ear. Isabella giggles before nodding her head. 

With a mischievous smile across her face, Isabella crawls towards me. She lets go of her doll for a few seconds as she claps her hands together, lacing her fingers together. She brings them up to her chin with a pout. "Can Demi and I have pancakes for breakfast? Please?" 

With a smirk I look past Isabella and at Demi, who is resting comfortably against the headboard, putting her hands up in a don't-look-at-me way. Although it's obvious it was Demi's idea. However, I won't let her get away with it that easy. 

"Absolutely. Do you know Demi here is practicing to become a chef? She's been teaching herself for a while now. I think she should make her delicious strawberry pancakes and crispy bacon, don't you?" 

Isabella's eyes bulge and her eyebrows raise at the word bacon. Her lips curl into a smile as she nods her head up and down repeatedly. She turns around to Demi, crawling towards her until she's on top of her. 

"Please, please, please, Demi!" 

I laugh at Demi's unsuccessful attempt to appoint me for breakfast duty. Demi holds her hands up in surrender, agreeing to make breakfast. Isabella backs off of Demi and grabs her doll before hopping off the bed. 

She runs towards the bedroom door and turns around, "come on Demi!" she demands before running down the hall. 

I follow Isabella, "Yeah, Demi. Come on." I tease. 

***

Isabella, Demi, and I spent the day at home again. Isabella noticed a park on her way here yesterday and kindly asked if we could go. Neither of us wanted to say no to her, but we knew the chances of being noticed would be high, and neither Demi nor I wanted the paparazzi involved in Isabella's life so soon. 

Demi suggested playing in the backyard and Isabella was okay with the alternative. We kicked an old soccer ball around and cooled off by running in the sprinklers until we were spent.

As a compromise for Demi cooking breakfast, I cooked dinner. I cooked hamburgers and corn on the cob on the grill. Demi made a garden salad, with the help of Isabella. 

We ate on the patio, something Demi and I have rarely done together since I moved in months ago. 

"What's that?" Isabella points as she puts her fork down.

My gaze follows her finger to the corner of the patio.  "That is an outdoor fire pit," I explain. 

"What does it do?" 

"You put wood in it and light it. It makes you nice and warm if you sit near it. You can also roast marshmallows for s'mores." 

"some-mores?" Isabella repeats in a questioning tone. 

I nod my head, her repetition close enough. "Have you ever had one?" I ask. She shakes her head, no. 

"Well lucky for you, it's something Ellie and I do quite often." Demi chimes in. 

"Just bought a new box of cinnamon graham crackers last week, too." 

And that's how Isabella spent her second night with us. snuggled by the fire pit with her stuffed animals, trying s'mores for the first time. 

Demi puts Isabella to sleep again. This time she sang nightingale, another request from Isabella. Once Isabella was sound asleep, Demi quietly exited her room, leaving the door open just a crack. 

Once Demi returned to the bedroom, she disappeared quickly into the bathroom. She emerges a whole different person. Silk PJ shorts and tank top have replaced her ripped jeans and flannel. Her skin is free of makeup, a generous amount of moisturizer is now applied to her face and neck. Her hair is in a messy bun, short strands cascading on the sides of her face. And finally, black-rimmed glasses lay upon the bridge of her nose as her contacts are safely stored away for the night. 

She shuts the light off, the only illumination now from my laptop and the hallway night light through the slightly ajar door. 

She pulls the cover down and climbs into bed, settling comfortably on her side of the bed. She turns over, placing her arm under her head. 

"Wedding planning?" Demi asks, noticing the handful of open tabs from our wedding website to our registry and checklist. 

"I haven't checked it in almost a week," I huff. 

Demi extends her arm, closing the laptop cover shut, putting it to sleep. I try to object, but she takes the initiative, taking it into her hands and placing it on the ottoman at the end of our bed. She returns to her position in bed, except this time she is snuggled closer, her head resting in the crook of my neck, her arm wrapped around my waist, playing with the waistband of my sleep shorts. 

"Simon insisted I take time off from writing to focus on our wedding. Now I'm insisting you take some time off from wedding planning to focus on our expanding family." Demi explains. 

"Isabella is asleep, this is the perfect time to-" 

"-then spend some time with me," Demi is quick to rephrase. I relax into her embrace, letting her fingers dance around my exposed hip with freedom. 

The room is silent, my heavy breathing the most audible thing in the room. Not from being turned on or sexually aroused from Demi's smooth fingers. But from the thoughts that have been circling in my head since I got Isabella ready for bed. 

As carefree and lively as Isabella has been since she arrived for our trial weekend, I can't help but fear she might tell Rochelle she doesn't want to stay with us. Obviously, if she felt that way, I wouldn't pressure her to change her mind. However, I don't think I could get over it. The reconnection, the hope, the memories. They would eat me alive no doubt. 

Demi can sense what's bothering me with not even a hint from me. She's good like that. Always on the same wavelength as me. Another indicator that illustrates how she's my soulmate- my one and only. She lifts her head to look me in the eyes. 

"It's normal to be nervous for tomorrow. I have no doubt in my mind that Isabella will want to stay with us. However, no matter what happens, I love you with all my heart and will forever be by your side." 

Demi's speech pulls on my heartstrings, making my heart fluster love. She places a loving kiss on my cheek, which I melt into. I turn my head, capturing her lips between mine. The kiss is slow and sensual. It's not rushed or sloppy. Our lips move in sync with each other as I pull her closer towards me, not feeling quite close enough. 

As we long for air, we break apart from the heated kiss, keeping our foreheads pressed against each other. I close my eyes, focusing on Demi's forehead on mine, her hands around my waist,t and her breathe against my skin. 

"I love you," I whisper. 

"I love you too." 

***

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. 

I'm in the kitchen, cleaning up from the accumulated mess from breakfast and lunch. I watch as Demi and Isabella are seated on the living room floor, playing candy land- a childhood favorite of mine. Isabella's giggles radiate through the house as Demi was just a few spaces away from winning until she picked up a card that sent her all the way back to Peppermint Forest. 

I slowly tune out the sound of my fiancee and daughter, the sound from the clock on the wall getting louder and louder. 

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. 

Rochelle should be here in fifteen minutes for one final evaluation. A simple 'yes' or 'no' from Isabella will determine the fate of the rest of our lives. Will she want to stay with us? Or will she rather go back to her group home in Boston? 

I'm pulled back into reality as my bare fingertips slide across the kitchen island countertop, the damp paper towels I'm using to clean now ripped in half by my repetitive back and forth motion while zoned out. I crumple it up and toss it into the trash before grabbing another, cleaning the rest of the countertop. I push the chairs in, load the dishwasher and neatly fold the kitchen towels. Once the kitchen is to my standard I check the clock again. It's only been six minutes. 

Anticipation grows with each slowly passing second. Part of me just wants Rochelle to be here already to get it done and over with. The other part of me doesn't want her to show up at all, extend what (possibly) little time I have left with Isabella. 

I make my way towards Demi and Isabella, taking a seat next to them. 

"Ellie, look! I'm only four squares away!" Isabella exclaims as she points to the four spaces between her and the Candy Castle. Demi is trailing far behind. Demi picks next, a double purple, closing the gap significantly. Isabella screams playfully as she notices Demi catch up to her, only a handful of spaces behind her. 

Isabella picks the next card quickly anticipating the outcome. A blue card, bringing her through the finish line, declaring her a winner. With a large grin on her face, Isabella forcefully grabs her player and moves it onto Candy Castle. 

As the three of us celebrate Isabella's victory, the doorbell rings. Demi takes the initiative to answer it, letting me stay with Isabella. 

While Isabella is doing her victory dance, I hear Demi welcome Rochelle into the house. Footsteps grow louder and louder until they emerge behind me. 

"Hi Isabella, do you remember me?" Rochelle asks, clasping her hands together in front of her. Isabella nods her head, showing her the Candy Land board on the plush carpet below her. Rochelle smiles and praises her. 

"Do you remember what we talked about on the plane ride here?" Rochelle asks, bending down to Isabella's height. She nods in understatement as she crosses her legs in front of her. Rochelle turns to Demi and I. Demi brushes her fingers against mine before taking them between her fingers in a comforting grip. 

"If you don't mind giving Isabella and I some privacy."

Demi nods her head, "Absolutely. We'll be on the back porch if you need us." Demi tugs on my hand to follow her. I take a few seconds to look at Isabella, one last time. To engrain her features into my memories. I stumble a few steps backward, eventually succumbing to Demi's pull. I keep my eyes on Isabella until she is no longer in sight. 

As Demi and I step onto the patio, I take a seat on one of the lounge chairs. Demi pulls the other one closer, sitting down beside me. She takes my hand in hers for what feels like the hundredth time this week. No matter how many times I've experienced it, it's still as comforting as ever. I hold her hand tightly, letting her know to not let go. But I know she wouldn't. 

We sit in silence. For how long? I'm unsure. The clouds that were once above us are long gone now. The timed sprinkler's in our neighbor Mr. Donnovan's house turned off a while ago. I've lost feeling in my right leg as it's bent beneath my left leg. But none of that matters. None of that is important enough to think about. 

Only a few seconds go by before Rochelle emerges from the house. I try my best to examine her facial features, get a clue of what to expect once we return to the living room. However, her face is as blank as a canvas. No twinkle in her eye or held-back smile to hint that Isabella wants to live with us. No clenched jaw or hunch in her back to hint Isabella doesn't want to live with us. 

We follow her back to the living room, restlessly trailing close behind. Isabella is seated at the edge of the couch, her feet dangling just above the shag carpet below her. Demi and I stand in an open area in front of the picture window. Demi's hand rests comfortably on my back for emotional support. I feel her rub circles on my back as we wait for someone, anyone to break the silence. 

"Isabella and I talked," Rochelle begins slowly, her eyes following Isabella to make sure she's listening. 

"Adoption can be like match-making. Not every pairing is the right fit the first time around. With that in mind, we use these weekend trial runs to ensure both the parents and child see the arrangement as the right fit." 

Demi and I nod our heads simultaneously. 

"We also know that three days is not a lot of time for one to establish security or a connection. Especially if you've been in the system as long as Isabella has. Although it's not common, unfortunately, some children undergo a trial run and just don't want to stay with that family." Rochelle trails off, her head dipping down to avoid eye contact with Demi and I. 

No, no, no, no, no. 

The soft voice, the reassurance of it sometimes not being 'the right fit', the lack of eye contact. I feel my body go numb as I wait for the inevitable to leave Rochelle's lips. 

She finally looks up at Demi and I, her eyes moving back and forth between us. Her face is emotionless for a few seconds until the corners of her lips curl upward. "Fortunately, that will not be the case this evening. Isabella has decided to stay." 

I swear I feel my heart stop for a second as Rochelle reveals the good news. I can't contain my joy any longer, letting my wall crumble down and the tears to cascade down my face. My legs go weak as I fall into Demi's arms, a weak, crying, mess. 

Isabella hops off the couch and walks towards Demi and I. "Are you sad?" she asks, unsure of how to interpret my emotional state at the moment. 

I bend down to her level, wiping my tears with the back of my hand. It takes me a second to catch my breath before I can respond. "No, no. baby. I'm just very happy, that's all." I explain simply enough for her to comprehend. 

She nods her head, opening her arms wide, embracing me in a hug. 

_______________________________________

Hi all. 

Thank you for joining me on this wild ride! 

I am about 80% confident there will only be two chapters left plus a short epilogue. That's right folks. This ride is officially coming to an end. 

I abandoned it for years but I'm so glad I decided to revise it six months ago. 

I have two other stories in the works (one that was originally a Demi one-shot in my one-shot story on here that I have transformed into a Katie McGrath fanfic [professorxstudent]) and the other is a Demi Lovato story about them coming to terms with realizing they are nonbinary. It's fiction but I pulled a lot of real-life events (example, their interview when they came out as pansexual, living with roommates, break up with Max, DWTD songs, etc). 

I hope you all continue to support my writing and enjoy what I write. I love doing it. 

Don't forget I also take requests for writings as well! 

Thank you all so much. 

Destiny xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8K 1.2K 32
| COMPLETED | 𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙮 {𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚝} As model and influencer...
367K 9.6K 33
When Rebeccas mom passed away from cancer, she finds herself 4 months later moving to a new town with her dad. As she deals with starting a new schoo...
8.1K 269 24
Demi is a free spirited 16 year old girl who grew up in small town.Ever since her parents divorce,she's been having trouble in school,getting into fi...
276 0 46
What do you do when your smart, handsome, well-liked step brother and two of his friends force you to have sex with them in your own bedroom? Do you...