The Choice

By sis135

"Always expect the unexpected" -- probably written by someone. Ophelia, a young adult, would have never been... More

Chapter 2: The Entrance
Chapter 3: Meeting Evan
Chapter 4: The Piano
Chapter 5: The Room
Chapter 6: The race for Ophelia begins
Chapter 7: The Callback
Chapter 7.2: the callback
Chapter 8: Fathers
Chapter 9: Bros Before Hoes
Chapter 10: Another Encounter
Chapter 11: Explanations
Chapter 12: The Secret
Chapter 13: An Awful Surprise
Chapter 14: A Repeat Of The Past
Chapter 15: Our Secret Powers
Chapter 16: Fight Fire With Ice
Chapter 17: Control
Chapter 18: Ice veins

Chapter 1 : The Invitation

298 11 2
By sis135

As I stood, taking in all that had been made clear in this single letter, this single invitation that I barely held in my hands, afraid I might rip or crease the fine material, it hit me.

I needed a dress! I couldn't go to a royal ball without a stunning gown. I jumped to my feet, grabbed a coat and some boats and scrambled to the car, dragging my mother from the kitchen as I passed. And off we went.

The departure arrived sooner than I had hoped, the nerves had continuously pricked at my system over the past week, I mean, couldn't I be a little nervous about going to a royal ball in Monaco? Okay, I admit I had been completely freaking out ever since that invitation from my brother had been deposited into my hands. I couldn't physically understand what was happening, never mind what would come after my arrival in this foreign country. It perplexes me still, to this very day. I mean I never even dreamed that I would be where I am standing today with those surrounding me, but before I get carried away and ruin an astonishingly involved tale, you must learn a bit about myself.

Unfortunately, all that I may tell you, at this moment in time,... well it isn't much. To be frankly honest, its hardly anything at all. My name? Ophelia. My age? A woman never reveals her age. I'll give you a hint though, I'm still at university. Other than that, I can't even bring myself to explain the past couple years of my life, so that'll have to wait. Fortunately for me, I may finally take off into a wonderfully emotional and strange world that I never imagined could be true. No seriously, I literally need to take off, my flight is boarding!

HI guys, just re-wrote this first chapter, something I've been meaning to do for a very long time as I began writing this over two years ago! And I can't say my skills in literature were very advanced. I sincerely hopes this one may live up to what my newest chapters are like. I will continually work my way through each chapter, editing and re-writing parts whilst all the same working on new chapters that may bring you all back into Ophelia's chaotic world. Thanks again for all your support and hope to publish a lot more in the coming weeks, its gonna be a busy year.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.2K 2.1K 27
Never in her entire life Ophelia think that she would be the victim of an arranged marriage. To top it all the person who she will be marrying are an...
2.2K 698 70
Sometimes one ordinary vacation can change your life, forever. It can go beyond anything you planned, or thought possible and surprise you in bad wa...
16.5K 211 80
'Expect the Unexpected' These chapters are basically books in their own. Good luck😂 I promise it gets better as it goes
261 42 16
*|Complete|* Thrust into another world because of a peculiar emblem, Liv strives to find her way home. The only problem is that she has to find the o...