My Love, Hated Luna

By DestinyDWright

Loved by the hunters but hated by her pack Rosa Knight is the strongest female warrior in her pack. When she... More

Prologue
Happy Birthday
Lost & Found
Take. It. Off.
Landon's POV
A New Beginning
Coming Back Home
Leaving the Pack
Lucas' POV
Exciting News
Torturing Carter
Carter's POV
My Mate is Kidnapped
Damsel in Distress
Landon's POV
My Escape
Carter's POV
The Royals
A Date with Carter
A Talk with the Prince
Double Trouble
Moving Back Home
Training
Turn up the Heat
Landon's POV
Finally Found You
Landon's Room
Preparing for a Date with my Mate
True Feelings
A Twist in Fate
Landon's Secret
Danse Macabre
Life without Landon
My Ability
Heated Kiss with an Alpha
Dateless Dinner
Birthday Date
The New Luna
A Promise, Mark and Party
The Ceremony
Liam's POV Part 1
Liam's POV Part 2
Two Can Play the Game
I Miss You
It's the Final Countdown
Heading to California
Electric Crackle
My fault
Future Wedding Dress
My Angel
Dreams Do Come True
Best Summer Ever
Telling the Parents
My Father's Blessing
My Wedding Day
Epilogue
Thanks!!!

Check Mate

1.1K 27 0
By DestinyDWright

4 YEARS LATER

For the past four years, I’ve been enjoying my engagement. Landon has built a house for us to live in for when we officially get married and have kids. Although I think, he expects many kids but I only expect one or two. We haven’t fully mated yet even though there have been a few close calls due to each time I went into heat. I seriously think that female humans are lucky that they only have to deal with their period. I have to go through heat and my period and neither is very pleasant.

But onto a positive note I’m finally graduating with a masters in business administration. My graduation is in two days and I’m so excited because the wedding is in two weeks! The thing to top all of this off is that since I’ve been interning for the past two years under a financial manager at a local bank they said when I graduated I atomically get to work with the bank. When I think about working at a regular job and running the pack it seem quite tiresome but since I’ve been doing it so far and haven’t complained I think I can do it for the next couple of years.

 Last year when Landon graduated he finally told me a secret that he thought I didn’t already know. He told me how he had dyslexia and that is why he never really did any of the paperwork when he was growing up. When he told me this, I just smiled and told him that I already knew that since Elizabeth told me. Since one day I ranted about how he didn’t do any of the paperwork and just partied all the time she told me he had dyslexia and that was the end of my ranting. Of course I didn’t tell him the actual story I just quickly changed the subject. After that Landon hasn’t mentioned it again and I’m glad he hasn’t since I told Elizabeth that I wouldn’t tell Landon that she told me first but I totally forgot about it until after I admitted the truth.

Landon and my dad have been getting along very well. So well in fact that my dad has now replaced Landon’s name with the word son and Landon has placed my dad in an Elders position along with Carter’s dad, Mr. Robertson. He even asked my mother if she wanted an Elders position but she has declined for now since she is a little bit more focused on the wedding since she actually expects to pay for some of it. But I reassured her a number of times that Landon and I have enough money saved up to pay for all the wedding expenses but she has still put aside some money just in case. I just can’t wait until the honeymoon since we’re spending a week in Japan and a week in New Zealand thanks to Mr. Kaneko and George.

Oh did I mention that I finally got all of my best friends to go to Florida State University with me Mikey came in the fall of my sophomore year and Lucas and Amelia came in the spring. Mikey still hasn’t found another mate yet but I don’t think he’s actually looking I think he just expects to bump into her one day and know that she’s the one. Last summer there was two weddings Lucas and Amelia’s wedding and Carter and Angel’s wedding. I don’t know why but I’m sensing a trend if Landon and I get married in June then who is getting married in July? Something to think about people, oh and I almost forgot to mention my adorable goddaughter Emily who looks exactly like Alistair although Emma claims she looks like her and my godson Hunter who looks like perfect replica of both Henry and Amora.  I spoil those kids to much when they come around and they always expect me to bake them something I don’t who told them that I could bake those cookies that they see on the kitchen counter but it definitely wasn’t me. 

~~~

“Rosa Knight,” the man who was giving out our degrees said. I totally forgot his name after he called the first person name to go up and receive their degree. I shook his hand and grabbed my degree then walked across the stage shaking other important people’s hands. I was actually asleep up to a few minutes ago since Landon had me stay up all night reviewing paperwork for the pack up until four o’clock in the morning. Then when I was just about to put my head on the pillow it was time for our mandatory morning training for all of the pack members excluding the Elders of course and all those pack members who can’t fight in there wolf forms anymore. I still can’t figure out how Landon had enough energy to go run laps around the territory when our territory is huge. But him and some of the younger male pack members did three laps around it in about two hours which is record time since it takes me two hours two complete one lap on a good day.

Once I was back in my seat, I was ready for round two in my nap when my phone vibrated. I looked at the picture message I received from Carter and it was a picture of me sleeping during some random man’s speech. The thing that was so embarrassing was that my mouth had drool coming from the side then he sent me another picture and it was I shaking the man’s hand. The drool apparently dried up on my face and was put on the screen for thousands of people to see now if I didn’t feel embarrassed a minute ago I sure am embarrassed now.

“I will get you later for this Carter,” I said through the mind link.

In response to my threat, my head filled with laughter and I cut off my link to him.

“Angel,” I said voicing my thoughts to Angel.

“Yes, Luna,” she said.

“I need you to do me a favor,” I said trying to keep a calm face on.

“Okay.”

“When Carter goes to sleep tonight I want you to call me into your room so I can take a picture of him sleeping,” I said.

“Um I don’t think that’s a good idea. Carter is actually a light sleeper,” she answered.

“Oh trust me he’ll be sleeping heavy tonight,” I chuckled then cut off the link shortly to mind link Mikey.

“Hey Mikey do you still have any of your special knock out pills?” I asked.

“Sure I have a few left. Why?”

“I just need them that’s all,” I replied then quickly stood up when everyone else did.

“Yes, Luna,” Mikey said.

“Perfect,” I said through the link before blocking everyone out I grabbed my cap off my head then tossed it in the air. “Victory will be mine.”

After the graduation, there was a party then patrol for those who needed it so I asked Landon to put Carter on patrol from after the party until midnight. When he asked why I just told him it’s a part of my plan to help train Carter into being a better Beta. Landon believed it and didn’t ask any questions about it. While Carter was on patrol, I told Angel and Mikey about my plan and they were totally in. So now, I was just waiting for Carter to come back from patrol so I could sit and talk to him about the patrol.

It’s now midnight and I climbed out of bed due to the chilliness of the room and went to the kitchen to make me some hot chocolate. I don’t know why but I think Mikey got too carried away with the idea of turning down the A/C in the house it feels like it’s winter in here. Just as I was about to take a sip of my hot chocolate the sliding door opened then closed revealing a half naked Carter.

“Hello Luna,” he said.

“Beta,” I greeted.

“Why is it so cold in here?” he asked and I just shrugged.

“Want some hot chocolate I made enough for a few people just in case anyone else decides to come down,” I said and right on time Angel came down the stairs in a pink robe.

“Hello beautiful,” Carter smiled. “What are you doing out of bed?”

“My wolf woke me up since she knew you were downstairs,” she replied.

“Oh your wolf does that to,” I said and she nodded. “Where are my manners did you want to get some hot chocolate?”

“Sure,” she replied with a smile, “Carter did you want any?”

“Yes, I’ll take a cup,” he replied.

“So Carter how was the patrol?” I asked as Angel prepared their hot chocolate.

“It was exhausting I don’t know why Landon put me on the rotation for so long,” he said stretching his arms.

“Sorry I thought it was the right thing to do,” I said taking a sip of my hot chocolate.

“You put me on the round duty?” he asked.

“I suggested but Landon put it into action,” I replied.

“Here you go sweetie,” Angel said placing the hot chocolate before him.

“Thanks,” he said then took a huge swig of it then placed the cup on the counter. “I don’t think you should be suggesting long hours like that.”

“But the Luna is only doing what she thinks is right,” Angel interjected.

“I know…but…”Carter started but his eyes began to droop then in a blink of an eye he was out like a light.

“Mikey you’re needed downstairs in the kitchen please,” I said through the mind link.

“I’ll be right there princess,” he said.

“Mikey is on his way. Go upstairs and prepare his clothes and bed for him,” I said and she nodded then quickly left the kitchen.

I walked over to Carter and looked at him to see if he was asleep. When I shook him, his eyes were still closed and his breathing was even so he was still asleep. Mikey came from behind me and lifted Carter up from the seat.

“Boy is he heavy,” Mikey said and I almost laughed.

“I’ll help you,” I said going over to Carter’s other side and carrying some of his weight. “Alright let’s go upstairs.”

We slowly carried Carter to his bedroom and saw the silly baby diaper and pacifier and toys that Angel bought at the Baby R’ Us store. Mikey and I stepped out while she dressed Carter and went to go get our phones, cameras and laptops. When Angel was finished, she mind linked me to tell me that everything was ready.  We came back into the room to see a giant baby Carter. I had to stifle my laugh a few times as Mikey and I started to take pictures of Carter then had Angel send the pictures to members of the pack. It was going to be so funny in the morning. I just couldn’t wait to see Carter’s face when he finds out what happened to him tonight.

In the morning when I woke up for our mandatory training, I told everyone to try to keep the picture a secret until this afternoon. Everyone agreed and did well in hiding the prank on Carter from Carter and Landon since I didn’t let him in on the prank. I knew if I did, I would regret it. It’s the afternoon now and so far no one has said a word to Carter or Landon. We’re all eating at the dining table and it’s quiet until Landon asks why everyone was silent. When everyone looked my way, I nodded my head to him or her and they all let out their laughter that they’ve been holding in all day long. When Landon asked what everyone was laughing about I showed him the picture of Carter and he joined in the laughter.

“Okay that’s it show me the picture,” Carter said standing up from the table. Angel slowly took out her phone and showed him the picture. Carter’s face turned red like a tomato and he left the dining room.

“Check mate,” I said sipping my drink.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 1K 31
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...
14.5K 725 49
What happens when your mate is your favourite singer?
210K 10.1K 57
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
255K 10.6K 60
(Highest #41 on 8/5/2020) A/N This book is a stand-alone even though the first few chapters might seem confusing! It's one of those, starts in the mi...