Ethereal Angels

Par EleanorHelena

"No escaping this place, " Falentine whispered in her ear. "You belong to us now" Adelina... Plus

Trailer and Character Profiles
1. Creatures in the Night.
2. Home
3. Somebody Somewhere
4. They can't take you from me.
5. Ghost of what once was.
6. I Can Feel Your Heart
7. Breathe
8. I won't be afraid
10. You Followed The Loss of Sound
11. Always Second Guessing
12. My World Split In Two
13. I Can't Let You Slip Through My Hands
14. More Like The Moon
15. Echo in the Emptyness
16. Why Not Watch Me Hurt?
17. As Old As Your Omens
18. Nothings The Same When You Give It Away
19. I'll Drown In the Rainfall.
20. Before The Damage Was Done.
21. If I Had A Heart I Could Love You.
22. Are You Deranged Like Me?
23. Is It Your Heart, Is It Just Thunder
24. You Keep Me Without Chains
25.You'll Be Coming Clean Tonight
26. Frozen Waves Meet Ocean Floors.
27.You Bleed Me Dry and I Don't Ask Why.
28. To A Place Where Love Won't Die.
29. As the World Falls Down.
30. A Dream Without An End
31. Stars Crawling out of the Sky
32. How They Hold You Like a Gun.
Wattpad Block Party!!
33. I Was Only Trying To Wake You Up.
34. We're All Broken People.
Folkes Chapter
35. And I'm Offering All Of Me.
36.Coming Apart At the Seams
Folke's Chapter
37. I've been thinking too much. Help me.
38. Don't Listen When I scream

9. The Candles Blew and Then Disappeared

1.7K 97 25
Par EleanorHelena

Darkness. Never Ending Darkness. Void of anything.

Was I dead, Adelina wondered.

Her body ached as the darkness swirled into gray. Adelina blinked her eyes a few times, but the grey never changed. She tried to move her hands to rub her eyes, but something was stopping them from moving. 

The world felt like it was moving around her as her head swam. In a panic, she began to pull at her hands trying to release whatever had a hold on them. Her wrist began to burn. 

"I'm going to be sick, please can someone help me with my hands", Adelina pleaded. She hoped there was someone in here who would take pity on her.

"Pull over, I don't think she is feeling so well." A deep voice said.

Adelina jumped when a hand landed on her back. She shivered under the cool touch as the hand swirled in circles around her back. Adelina began to panic even more and her breath turned ragged. Her body trembled under the strange touch. 

Without any warning, Adelina's body was thrown forward and she felt a cold hand wrapped around her, holding her in place. Her body began to throb with pain again. Adelina heard a loud bang come from the side of her and she turned her head in the direction of the noise.

Someone grabbed her by her arms and lifted her up. In one sharp movement, the cloth that was tied over her eyes was ripped off. Adelina blinked her eyes a few times. Her eyes adjusted quickly as she took in the pale moonlight covering the rolling hills that were in front of her.  As she focused on her surroundings, she noticed they were standing in a large field. The grass had a glaze of frost that glittered as the moon shone high in the sky.  Adelina tried to take a step forward but she swayed and turned her body around to grasp something. At that moment, she realized she had been in a small black car. She stared with her mouth agape at the odd looking car. She hadn't seen anything like that, as most people owned large trucks in her village. 

"It's a car." A voice boomed from the other side of the car. The tall man with blonde hair was standing beside the car and was smirking. He had the cockiest look on his face. Adelina curled her hand into a fist, wanting so badly to wipe that smirk off his face.  He began to silently chuckle and turned his head towards the car.

"I know" Adelina tried to say but her voice came out as a raspy whisper.

Her heart was beating wildly. She tried to calm herself as the pain was becoming too much. She lets her body sink forward and holds on to the car, taking deep breaths. A low chuckle sounds behind her and she whipped her body around to face the tall blonde man again. A rage sank in as she realized who he was and what he had done. She sneered at him, which caused him to break out into booming laughter.

"What have you done with them? Where are they?" She screamed, her body shook with a violence. 

The man looked at her and smirked even more widely. Adelina feels her rage peak and she springed into action. She charges at the man and pulled her hands out in front of her. She sets her sights on his perfectly chiseled face. 

"I swear, I'll wipe that smirk off your face." 

As her fist was about to connect, he casually steps to the side and Adelina hits the metal car in front of her. A pain radiates through her body as she is thrown backwards into the frozen ground. The mans smile stays plastered on his face. 

"I wouldn't try that again." He said as he reaches a hand out to help her up. 

She ignores his hand and stayed glued to the cold wet ground.

"She could get hurt, brother." Another voice said.

She turned in the direction of if it just in time to see someone moving from the other side of the car. She recognized him immediately. 

He was the one who had swiped the gun from her so easily. He was the one who had held her down. Her eyes go wide, as she began to pick herself up and try to move away from these lunatics. The man, though, grabbed her waist and hoisted her up with ease.

"Are you hurt?" A look of concern flashed through his deep blue eyes. As Adelina glares at him, she feels herself being lulled into a trance by his deep beautiful eyes. Shaking her head vigorously, she snapped herself out of it.

Adelina didn't answer but turns her body away from him and towards the field. She sat here listening for a moment, letting the sound of the wind and crickets calm her. Her heart began to pace itself again and her breathing finally returned back to normal. The cold air cleared her head as the wind whipped her hair around her, tangling it even more.

"Let's get back on the road. Tie her back up and blindfold her again." The one with the chiseled face said to the one who had checked on her.. Adelina stared at him in horror and noticed a third man step out of the woods on the other side of the road. He was also tall, muscular and  he had curly black hair that whipped around his face as the wind blew. His dark eyes were focused on Adelina in a dangerous way.

He turned his back and the other two leaned into the car.  Adelina felt panic coarse through her veins as she realized they were grabbing the rope and blindfold out of the car. As she sat there, she realized this was her chance.  All three of the men were distracted! Adrenaline began to pump its way into her heart and she took off towards the trees. The colors around her began to swirl and  mesh into one gray looking haze.

As she sprinted she could hear shouts behind her. She couldn't make out what was being said but she knew they were coming! Adelina began to rapidly change directions hoping that would make it harder for the men to find her. She zagged through row after row of trees and leaped over broken branches. The frozen ground crunched loudly under her feet. Her eyes began to sting as the cold air dried them out. Her lungs burned as she tried to take deep breaths while running. Soon, she noticed the woods began to clear and a field laid in front of her. She realized she had to stay hidden for the time being, so she turned and listened for a second. Voices could still be heard, but they were still far enough away. She began to run in the opposite direction of the voices and back into the heavily wooded forest.

Adelina stopped dead in her tracks as she could hear voices gaining on her. 

"Think...think" she said in a hushed tone.

As she looked around she realized her only option now was to climb. She surveyed the trees around her and ran to the sturdiest looking one she could find. She swung her arm over one of the low branches and pulled herself up. She repeated this till the ground looked distant. Adelina pulled herself up one more, but a sharp pain shoots through her entire hand. As she leaned her body up against the trunk, she noticed she has a jagged cut on her palm from one of the branches.

"Ouch," she whispered to herself as blood runs down onto her jeans. 

Adelina sat there staring up into the clear night sky. She let her heart and breathing return to normal and closed her eyes for a moment.

"I can wait them out... I hope." She said to herself.

I can wait them out. Surely they will give up, right?

As she sat there, she felt pity well up in the pit of her stomach. Her heart hurt as she realized this wasn't a nightmare. She didn't understand, though, why her and her family. Why now?

She bit her tongue to silence a scream that had found its way into the back of her throat. She knew it would not only give away her location but also would be a complete  waste of energy.

Soon a crunch can be heard close to her. Adelina throws her hand up over her mouth to silence any sobs trying to escape.

"I know you are out here somewhere Adelina." A voice below her said. She recognized it immediately as the one with the cruel eyes and evil smirk. 

"You could make this easier on us and just come out, instead of making me search these woods for you. We will find you, I promise you that Adelina." He said. Adelina stifled a laugh.

What does he think I am, an idiot?  

"We won't hurt you." The one who had tried to help her said with a gentle tone.

"I can't say the same about Daniel or your family, though." The blonde one said with an evil tone.

 The tone sends a shock of fear through her body. A thousand needles began to poke at her skin.

They had her family. And they were threatening to hurt them! 

What could she do? She had to give herself up.

Right?

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

97.9K 8.6K 69
[Tsundere and Yandere Demons x Reader] A world where demons and humans can live amongst each other. A dream that started with the Zones and...
85.7K 2.7K 21
Adeline always knew there was something different about herself. On her twenty-first birthday the dreams... And nightmares began. Every night, a str...
228 0 32
------------- "Why're you staring at me?" I ask teasingly. I hear him letting out a breath, of embarrassment or guilt I don't know. "I may have unint...
745 30 8
Who knew faking seeing ghosts could send me straight to hell? Literally. One moment I was in my shop, minding my business, and the next a crazy wing...