All That I've Done ~ Eric Div...

By LoveliestThings

Who knew an Amity could soften the heart of a malicious Dauntless Leader. (This occurs before the war. Scarle... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Not an Update!! But I need help...
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven

Chapter Ten

832 43 5
By LoveliestThings

I ran.

I ran as fast as I could to keep up with my new family.

Dauntless was the name. Staying alive was the game.

One would not believe the looks I got as I stepped down from the counter of choices and into Dauntless territory. An Amity...transferring to Dauntless? Who would've thought?

The room had fallen quiet after I sliced my hand onto the sizzling coals, and I did not dare look at my parents. I didn't want to see the disappointment on their faces. I wanted to enjoy my new life, the atmosphere it already brought. Once the shock was over, the congratulations came about. The claps on my back were hard and forceful, but I enjoyed every second of it.

I let the wind flow between my hair as I ran along with the rest of my peers. Screams and laughs filled the air as we all rushed towards the train tracks. I thought we'd find a way up to them, but I thought wrong. The others began scaling the metal pillars without missing a beat.

I stood beneath them, fascinated.

"What's the matter, pansy cake? Too scary?" A boy to me right cackled.

My eyes fell on his blue clothes.

Erudite.

As I watched him try his best to climb the metal, it was very apparent that he was struggling. If it wasn't obvious by the way his face turned a bright shade of red that gave him away, it was the groans that spilled from his mouth as he tried to force himself up.

I giggled at the poor excuse of a man in front of me and positioned myself just right. Within minutes, I quickly scaled the two stories before the kid could even blink. Years of climbing trees had prepared me for that moment. I couldn't even explain the joy I got out of that.

The train roared past the second my feet landed on the platform. I took off running, passing those who were unsure of how we were getting on. They took the hint and began following me as I followed the Dauntless-Borns.

I timed it just right and jumped, throwing my body to the left. My hand latched onto the handle and I yanked my body inside. It took me a minute to steady myself, but I landed on my feet. Hopefully, I made a great first impression. One that made it clear that I was not a weakling.

"Well, would you look at this." A Dauntless boy nudged his friend in the ribs and pointed at me. "Looks like we got ourselves a softie."

Before his friend could speak, a Dauntless girl interrupted them. She pushed her way through the crowded train, towards me. I was still trying to catch my breath when she approached me and gave me a smirk.

"I don't know, boys. This one looks like a fighter." She outstretched her hand for me to shake. "I'm Lola. Those are my friends - Cage and Taz. Don't mind them, they're tools."

"We can hear you." The one she had pointed to last, Taz, rolled his eyes.

I took a deep breath and shook her hand. "Scarlett."

Lola pursed her lips and tilter her head. "I like Scar better. Makes you sound like a force to be reckoned with." She moved to stand beside me, her back resting against the wall of the cart. "You know, I'm pretty impressed. You got on faster than half the Dauntless Borns, and you seem pretty strong. You scaled the platform like it was nothing."

"You'd be surprised how much cardio Amity's actually do." I said.

Cage snorted. "You must be an Amity on steroids or something. I've never seen an Amity do that."

If only they knew..

________________________

The train slowed a bit, a subtle hint that our stop was coming up. Knowing Dauntless, the metal cart would not stop entirely, just enough to let the new initiates jump. I've seen Eric do this so many times, I could probably do it with my eyes closed.

Harlow, Cage, and Taz jumped first. They gave me a few tips on how to execute the perfect landing, as if I had never done so before. I politely nodded and thanked them. They'd figure out soon enough that I was already skilled in many of the Dauntless departments.

They were very nice for being Dauntless Borns. They didn't care that I was a transfer. They treated me like one of their own, unlike some of the other transfers. A few smiled at me as I moved around the train, while others sneered. They must not like the fact that I was already making friends with Dauntless Borns.

After my three new pals jumped, I backtracked from the open door to the other side of the train. There were about seven other initiates who hadn't jumped, and I told myself that I would not be the last one to.

Taking a deep breath, I took of running. Just as I leaped from the cart, I felt a hand roughly shove my shoulder, throwing me off balance. I didn't get enough air, and I felt myself falling quicker than I anticipated.

I wasn't going to make it onto the roof.

At the last second, I threw my arms forward. My hands landed on the ledge of the roof, and my nails clawed at the bricks as I tried to force myself up. I could hear people snickering, my palms sweating from embarrassment were going to be the death of me.

Suddenly, two pairs of hands grabbed hold of my wrists and yanked me up. It was Cage and Taz.

"Not even an hour into initiation and someone already has it out for you." Cage laughed.

I dusted off my dress and sighed. "Well, I'm flattered they think I'm a threat."

The boys chuckled as I followed them over to the group that was forming around the other side of the roof. Once we make it, I noticed Max has already beaten us, and two other Dauntless stand beside him on the ledge of the roof. I'm guessing they're leaders as well.

Where's Eric?

My heart fluttered in my chest. I can't wait to see him.

"Listen up!" My romantic thoughts were interrupted by a loud, rocky voice. "As many of you know, I'm Max. I am one of five leaders of your new faction. Several stories below us is the members' entrance to our compound. If you can't muster the will to jump off, you don't belong here. Our initiates will go first."

The chattering that once surrounded our group suddenly faded away. Everyone pretended as if they had not heard our new leader demand that we fly off a building. They tried to act casual, picking at gravel that stuck to their clothes or rubbing bruised skin. Looking anywhere but at Max.

Without a word, I weaved through the small crowd and stood  before Max. He smirked down at me, taking in my bright yellow sun dress. He jumped down from the ledge and offered it to me. I had to bite my lip to keep myself from thanking him. I needed to leave me Amity ways behind. Flinging myself off a building seemed like a great way to start.

Hiking my dress up a bit, I stepped onto the ledge. The wind forced me off balance, and I almost fell off right then and there. A few people gasped, but quickly shut their mouths when I regained my footing. I looked down at the gaping hole at the bottom. I couldn't tell what it was, or what was inside of it. But whatever it was, I knew I would land safely at the bottom. This is how Eric entered every time and look at him. Alive and well.

Heights were not an issue. It was the fall that scared me. I just had to imagine that something or someone down there was going to catch me. Perhaps it was a foam pit that I'd land in, or a trampoline I'd bounce on until it settled.

"Hurry up!" Someone demanded.

I looked behind me, the wind snapping my hair across my face and making my teeth uncontrollably chatter. I couldn't tell who had said it, but I threw a dirty look anyway. Those chickens didn't offer to go first, so they should keep their mouths shut.

But they were right. I had to get a move on.

Taking one last deep breath, I bent my knees and jumped.

I screamed the whole way down. My body tensed in fear, leaving me motionless but obnoxiously loud. There was a mixture of crying and laughing, and I couldn't tell which one was more appropriate.

It only lasted seconds before I dropped into darkness. My body slammed into what felt like a net, and I'm sent soaring upwards again. The impact forced the wind from my lungs and I struggled to breath as my body settled.

Oh, my god. I couldn't believe I just did that.

And I loved it.

Giggling, I ran my hands over my face. That was incredible. But I knew I couldn't stay here long. Other initiates would be falling any second.

I sat up and looked around. Under the net was a platform that stood ten feet above the ground. I had just plummeted into what looked like a cavern.

An outstretched hand caught my attention. I rolled over to the side of the net and grabbed whose-ever hand it was. They enclosed their fingers tightly around mine and pulled me down onto the platform. It was a big leap, and having just taken a 60 foot drop, my legs were still shaky. If it weren't for the hand that held me steady, I think I would've fallen off the platform.

"Thank you." I said, looking up to meet the eyes of my helper. He's handsome, not as handsome as Eric, but still. His brown eyes give me a once over, and I do the same to him.

My yellow dress is a harsh contrast against his black clothes.

"What's your name?" He asked me, grabbing my attention.

"It's Scarle-" I choked on my words. My mind traces back to the conversation I had on the train with Lola.

"You don't get to pick again. So, think about it." The man warns me, his voice low as if to scare me, but the small smile on his lips is soothing.

"My name is Scar."

"Announce her, Four." A voice demanded behind me. I jumped at the sound of a woman's voice. I had no idea she was there.

Four, my helper, cleared his throat. "First jumper - Scar!"

A crowd beneath the platform erupted into applause. My eyes had taken so long to adjust to the darkness that, just like the woman, I had no idea they were there. It was so apparent now, with their hollering and fist pumping. I couldn't stop the smile that formed on my lips. That applause was for me. Scar. The first jumper.

Four placed a gentle hand on my back and lead me towards the stairs off the platform. "You just made a name for yourself, Scar." He said. "Welcome to Dauntless."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 18.2K 22
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
1.1M 20.2K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
167K 5.8K 42
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
672K 33.8K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...