hiccup ➳ lashton au ☑️

By sincerelylashton

complete ☑️ Ashton Irwin. Also known as the annoying shy boy with never ending hiccups. Most people dislike... More

Hiccup ➳ Lashton AU
Prologue *edited*
Chapter 1
Read
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
A/N
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Character Ask
Character Ask Answers
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Ignore
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Epilogue
Thanks for reading!
Sequel ?
SEQUEL POSTED.

Chapter 29

1.3K 71 17
By sincerelylashton

fond fond fucking fond :)))

It's been a month since Ashton and Luke last saw each other and the pain that they both felt was indescribable. The curly-haired boy was graduating in a week, but he couldn't think about that. All's he ever thought about was Luke. It was making him physically sick not being able to see him and talking on the phone to him every night for hours just wasn't the same.

The only good thing that's happened since Luke's been gone is that Calum and Ashton are on good terms again and they've become closer, and the fact that his Mum buys him ice cream when he's sad. Which is basically all the time, so therefore he eats at least one carton every two days. It's the reason why he's gained quite a bit of weight, but he just didn't care. Luke wasn't around to see it.

Ashton never used to be this lazy, but now he barely left his room. It was really unhealthy and Calum didn't want him to gain so much weight that it messes with his mind and causes him to have mental illnesses. The thought scared him. Not the gaining weight part, but he just wanted his best friend to be happy and healthy.

Calum was thinking, and if Luke and Ashton broke up, the curly-haired boy probably wouldn't be as upset as he is now. Of course he'll still be sad, but at least he'll want to move on with his life. Well, he assumed he would. Because Luke being gone was tearing Ashton apart, not knowing when he was going to get to see him again. And if they weren't together, he'd have nothing to worry about. It was the best thing for both of them, they had to go their separate ways. Calum walked up to Ashton's door, knocked and waited patiently until the door opened and he's was met with a bored looking Harry.

"Hey is– yeah he's home." Calum remembered, knowing he wouldn't have left his room. Harry sighed, letting the raven haired boy walk in.

"Can't you guys just date? I mean, at least you're here." Harry begged, closing the door.

"I'm not gay, Harry. But, I do think Ashton and Luke should break up. It'd be a lot easier on the both of them." Calum stated.

"What?" There was a voice in the hallway, Harry and Calum turning their heads, seeing Lauren standing there with an appalled look on her face. "You can't make them do that."

"I never said I'd make them, I just think Ashton would be better off if–"

"No. That isn't your choice. Luke makes Ashton happy and he loves him, leave it alone." Lauren said sternly.

"I've known Ashton longer than Luke."

"That doesn't matter," Lauren laughed. "It matters who treats him better, and by the looks of it, Luke does."

Calum scoffed. "Really? Because if he actually cared about him then he wouldn't have just fucked off."

"He had no choice! Ashton told me the story."

"I want my brother back." Harry interrupted. "And if him and Luke breaking up brings him back then so be it."

"What makes you think that's gonna bring him back? If anything, it'll make him even more upset than he already is!" Lauren yelled, thankful that Anne wasn't home. "What we should be doing is reuniting them."

"Oh yeah, reuniting them and then Luke will have to leave again. It'll be a never ending cycle!" Calum shouted and Lauren looked defeated.

"You're a dick." She said before walking away. Calum shook his head, making his way up the stairs, leaving Harry alone.

Calum opened Ashton's bedroom door to be met with him laying in bed whilst looking at the scrapbook Luke made him. He stood there for a second about to walk over to him until Ashton sat up and looked him dead in the eye.

"I heard what you said." He said monotoned. "Get out."

Calum sighed, because obviously he would've heard them yelling. He was sad not deaf. "Look, I really think we need to talk about this."

"I don't want to talk, I want you to get out."

"Ash–" The raven haired boy started, getting cut off immediately.

"I said get out!" Ashton snapped, not in the mood for anything he had to say. The distressed boy stood up from his bed, opening the door and waited impatiently for Calum to leave. As soon as he did, Calum flinched when hearing the door slam behind him. Ashton went back to his bed, laying down and pulling the covers over the top of him, almost immediately crying himself to sleep.

Today was just one of those days for Luke. One of those days where you just constantly have this sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. One of those days where you physically feel like you can't get out of bed. It was one of those days where he felt as though he couldn't show his face at school. One of those days where everything fucking sucked.

School honestly did suck for Luke now. His old friends forgot about him, so now he spends the whole day alone. He constantly thought about Ashton, and found himself wondering what he was doing at this very minute. Thinking what if he moved on and just didn't want to hurt Luke's feeling. Talking on the phone and Skyping wasn't the same as talking in person.

He thought about Michael a lot too. You never really know what you've got until it's gone, and Luke wished he had more time to spend with Michael. He was an amazing person and he didn't deserve what he got. He deserved to live a long and happy life, but sadly that's not what happened. If Luke could go back and make it so he got hit by the car instead of Michael, he would. He'd do it for anyone he loved. And Michael sure as hell was loved by more people then he thought.

Luke was cut out of his thoughts when hearing his phone ring, he checked the caller ID before picking up.

"Hey, can I call you back? I'm not really in the mood right now." Luke said, trying not to sound rude.

Actually, it's about Ashton. Calum said over the phone, earning Luke's eyes to widen and go into an instant panic.

"What? Is he okay?" Luke asked, heart racing.

Yeah, he's fine. Well, maybe not emotionally. Luke sighed sadly. He knew Ashton was going to struggle with him being gone, and it honestly hurt him to no extent. But there was nothing he could do.

"I miss him so much, Calum." Luke's voice cracked, trying to hold back tears.

I know, and I can tell he really misses you too. It's tearing him apart. He won't come out of his room, and when he does it's only so he can get more ice cream.

"Fuck, he's taking it harder then I thought he would." Knowing that Ashton was sad because of him, made him feel like the worst person in the world. No one should have to go through this, he just didn't know what else to do.

You know what you have to do.

"What?" Luke said, sounding stunned. "You want me to break up with him?"

Yeah, I thought you wouldn't like that idea. Luckily, I have another one up my sleeve and hopefully this one will put me back in his good books.

"What happened?"

We got in an argument because I suggested that you two should break up.

"Calum! I will not hesitate to punch your face in again."

Okay easy, I thought it over and realised it was a stupid idea. Anyway, back to the plan.

"I'm listening,"

After Calum explained the plan and they talked it over with Liz, she was very happy about it. Which surprised Luke, he thought she'd turn him down. However, he was extremely happy that she didn't, because now for the first time in a month, he felt at ease and it was one of the greatest feelings in the world.

It was just a matter of time until the plan would roll over, and Luke only just found out today but he was so excited. In fact, he was practically jumping off the walls. It made Liz really happy to see him like that, and she realised how much of a bad parent she's been to him lately. She made a promise to herself that she'd always put him first no matter what, but she hasn't been. Instead she'd been selfish and put herself first.

Liz was just mad at herself, and maybe it wasn't the best idea to move here in the first place. Who was she kidding? It was a terrible idea. She actually missed Ashton a lot more then she thought she would. Ashton and Luke were made for each other, she could see that every time they were together, as cliché as that sounded. But it was true. Liz never thought he'd find his love at such a young age, however.

Another reason why she wanted to leave Sydney was because of the bad experiences Luke has had there. Although the good experiences are what Luke is mainly thinking of. Because a lot of great things have happened since they moved there, and to just leave that behind was a really terrible thing to do. But obviously, she wasn't thinking clearly at the time.

There were great opportunities for Luke in Melbourne, and for Ashton too. She knew the boys were smart and if they put their minds to it, they could do anything. Such as getting into the same university. Last time Liz spoke to Luke about going to university, he didn't seem all that interested. She didn't mind, university isn't for everyone.

However, maybe his opinion on it has changed since then.

[a/n 2 chapters left holy damn. thanks for almost 17k!! ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 217 19
luke never thought that he could find a bad boy so pretty. top/dom!ash bottom/sub!luke in which ashton is a 'bad' boy, who skates and smokes weed, ha...
121K 5.7K 69
"Have some compassion, will you?" "Shut the fuck up, Hemmings. You're not getting my smokes." Where Luke's fairly certain he can get bad boy Ashton I...
352K 13.5K 29
*Triggering* Ashton Irwin. The drummer for the band 5 Seconds of Summer. He is a closeted gay and plans to keep it that way. He has a crush on his be...
66K 2.5K 21
Luke Hemmings. Popular, openly gay, excepted, Always happy. Ashton Irwin. Popular yet bullied at home, openly gay, self harm-er, depressed. What...