hiccup ➳ lashton au ☑️

By sincerelylashton

complete ☑️ Ashton Irwin. Also known as the annoying shy boy with never ending hiccups. Most people dislike... More

Hiccup ➳ Lashton AU
Prologue *edited*
Chapter 1
Read
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
A/N
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Character Ask
Character Ask Answers
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Ignore
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
Thanks for reading!
Sequel ?
SEQUEL POSTED.

Chapter 24

1.6K 87 54
By sincerelylashton

[the gif on the side/top is lashton later ;) ]

School wasn't the same without Michael. Ashton missed walking into school and seeing him and Calum waiting for him at his locker. Ashton and Calum used to be so close, but now they don't even go near each other. The curly-haired boy walked towards his locker, ignoring everyone's stares and grabbed out the books he needed before closing it again. Ashton squeezed his eyes shut, standing there for a moment until someone tapped him on the shoulder.

Ashton let out a breath of annoyance, turning around and blood ran cold when he saw who was standing in front of him. The boy smirked, remembering when Ashton had a broken leg and how he pushed him over. Suddenly, he grabbed Ashton by the wrist and started dragging him towards the exit. Ashton didn't know what to do, obviously he should call out for help but that may cause the guy to get angry. And Ashton knew what he was like when he was angry.

Luke hopped off the bus, walking towards the school entrance and bopping his head to the music he was listening to until something caught his attention. The blonde ripped out his ear buds and rushed towards the stairs to see someone pushing Ashton out the entrance doors.

"Leave him alone!" Luke shouted, earning Ashton to look his way and Luke ran faster when the guys fist collided with Ashton's cheek, earning him to trip, drop his books and tumble down the stairs. Luke's heart began to beat rapidly, seeing the boy land on the ground and let out a cry of pain. As soon as Luke got there, the guy ran away and Luke was so angry.

"Jesus christ, Ash.. Can you hear me?" Luke yelled, holding Ashton tight in his arms and the boy turned his head so Ashton was looking at him. Tears blurred Ashton's vision, not able to speak a coherent sentence because of the pain he was in. He didn't think anything was broken, however, he knew he was going to have a lot of bruises. He moved his hand up, caressing Luke's face and said softly,

"I'm sorry.." Luke shook his head, kissing Ashton's forehead.

"We need to get you to the nurse.. Fucking hell, why isn't anyone helping? Doesn't anyone give a shit at this school?"

"I'm fine,"

"You're not fine, you're not.." Luke gathered the few books that fell and gave them to Ashton to hold before picking him up bridal style, Ashton wrapping his arms around Luke's neck. Luke carried the boy to the nurses office and placed him on the bed while the lady took care of his injuries.

Luckily, all's he had was grazed arms and a few bruises on the side he landed on, but not bad since he was wearing a sweater and it protected him. This was the reason Luke loved sweaters now. After the nurse sanitised and bandaged his wounds, she was nice enough to let the Luke stay in here while Ashton rested. Of course Luke told the principal who pushed Ashton and he got 1 week suspension.

Luke didn't think that was enough, but at least it was something. Luke just really wanted to beat his ass into the ground for doing that to his boy- ex boyfriend. Luke sighed, remembering that they're not together anymore then raised an eyebrow when also remembering that Ashton said sorry for something.

"Why'd you say sorry?" Luke inquired and Ashton glanced at from where he was laying on the bed.

"I said sorry because.. I didn't mean to break up with you." Ashton said and then let out a small hiccup earning Luke to smile although what he said caught him off guard.

"Why did you then?"

"I- I thought I wanted space, but I didn't. I was caught up with everything I guess.. I love you. I never meant to hurt you, I hope you know that." Luke stood up, walking over to the bed and Ashton sat up so Luke could sit on there too. The blonde sat criss cross on the bed and pulled Ashton closer to him, resting his head in the crook of Ashton's neck, leaving chaste kisses. Luke pulled away, placing his hand on Ashton's neck.

"I love you so much," Luke leaned in, kissing the boy deeply until the door swung open.

"Yes!" Anne shouted, making the boys jump apart. "I knew you couldn't last, you owe me 10 bucks!" There was a pause, Ashton and Luke glancing at one another until Ashton asked,

"What are you even doing here?"

"1, you're principal called me and told me what happened and 2, I didn't want to miss the opportunity to slap that little shits mother." Luke snickered and Ashton face palmed.

"You didn't really hit her, did you?"

"Of course I did!" The curly-haired boys mouth fell open, Luke bursting into a fit of laughter.

"Okay, let's go! Luke, you're coming with us. I rang your Mum." After Anne said that, Luke jumped up from the bed, rushing out the door because who wouldn't when you didn't have school. Luke rushed over to Anne's car, waiting for her to unlock it and when she did, he hopped in much to Ashton's dismay.

"Why do you get the front?" Ashton complained, pouting his lip and getting in the back seat.

"I got here first," Luke turned around, grinning and poking his tongue out until Ashton leaned forward and pinched it, making Luke groan in pain.

"Ass face!" Luke yelled, Anne laughing as she reversed out of the school parking lot. Luke glanced at Ashton in the side view mirror, smiling at the boy and Ashton smiled back, dimples showing. Despite Ashton getting pushed down the stairs, he felt alright at the moment. If Luke wasn't here right now, he probably wouldn't be having a decent day. Without Luke, Ashton had been spending to much time missing Michael. It was okay to miss him, he never wanted to forget Michael, but he was spending so much time thinking about it, it wasn't healthy for him.

It's also weird how they can go so long without talking and suddenly they start talking again after Ashton fell down the stairs. The more Ashton thought about it, the more weird it was. However, they never said they were normal. Ashton groaned, the pain in his side getting worse and Luke noticed.

"You alright?" He asked the boy and Ashton closed his eyes, taking deep breaths and nodded slowly.

"Yeah, I'm-Ow, fuck!"

"No swearing!" Anne shouted.

"I'm in pain!"

"You're 5, you're not aloud to swear!" Ashton's hiccups began to get louder, Luke knowing it was because he was in pain and was stressed out. It seemed to only get really bad when he was upset, anxious, or stressed.

"I have a solution! We need 20 bags of frozen peas and cookies and cream ice cream!"

"Sounds like a plan!" Anne sped up, heading in the direction of a grocery store and almost sent Luke flying through the windscreen. A few minutes later, Anne parked the car (crooked, mind you) and Luke jumped out of the car, kissing the ground because it's a wonder they even made it there alive. Anne was a bit of a crazy driver when she wanted to be.

"Okay, we're on a mission. Luke, you get the frozen peas and- and you can get the ice cream too because I'm lazy." Anne said and Luke opened Ashton's door, seeing he really didn't want to get out of the car.

"Yeah, I'm staying here too." Ashton stated, making Luke scoff.

"You're coming with me, c'mon I'll even give you a piggy back ride." Luke turned around, signalling for Ashton to jump on and the boy sighed, but reluctantly got on Luke's back, locking his ankles. Anne looked at the two in awe, grabbing her phone out and snapping a few pictures of them before she gave Luke some money and he started walking into the shop with Ashton still on his back.

"People are staring," Ashton whispered, Luke shrugging his shoulders.

"Oh well, they can deal with my weirdness." Luke said, pecking Ashton's cheek.

"Our weirdness," The curly-haired boy corrected, grinning like an idiot. Luke walked over to where the trollies were, gesturing for Ashton to get in. Ashton gave him a strange look, rolling his eyes and eventually hopped of Luke's back. As the boy attempted to get in, the trolley almost tipped over, Luke having to help him get in. They got a number of judgemental looks from people, however Luke just flipped them off much to Ashton's embarrassment. Luke didn't know why Ashton was complaining, he got sassy when he was angry, but Luke's just like that when people are ass faces.

Ashton pulled his knees to his chest when he was finally in the trolley, Luke pushing him to the frozen section and grabbed as many frozen peas he could carry and threw them straight on top of Ashton.

"Luke! That's cold!" Luke laughed, throwing more and more on until he was completely covered in frozen peas. The boy was shivering as Luke went and searched for the ice cream, coming back and putting it on Ashton. Luke snickered, pushing the trolley towards the check out and was ignoring the annoyed expression on Ashton's face. When the blonde got to the checkout, Ashton pouted when the lady laughed at them.

"We're having peas for dinner," Luke joked, earning the lady to smile and laugh.

"He's not serious." Ashton imputed.

"Obviously. Yuck." Luke cringed, sticking his tongue out in disgust.

"Would you like bags to put these in?" The lady asked, giving Luke his change.

"Yes-"

"No thanks," Ashton glared at Luke, him just smirking and placing all of the frozen peas and ice cream on top of him once again. When they got out to the car, Anne almost died of laughter, seeing her son covered in peas.

"Why'd you even get the peas?" Ashton inquired.

"You have bruises," Luke stated as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Oh, wow!" Ashton said bitterly. "You're boyfriend goal-No! No spinning, no spinning, noooooo!" Ashton shouted, holding on for dear life as Luke spun him around, almost making him fall out.

"Get me out!" Ashton whined, Luke rolling his eyes and got Anne to help him put the frozen stuff in the car. As soon as they got them off Ashton, he quickly got out of the trolley, almost falling in the process and groaned when his clothes were damp from the peas. However, it seemed to soothe his bruises and made them hurt less. He had no idea what they were going to do with 20 bags of peas now though.

"What are we gonna do with the peas?"

"I don't know.. We haven't gotten that fair yet." Anne said, pushing the trolley aside because she was to lazy to take it back into the store. "Luke, you're driving." She tossed Luke the keys, him catching them and walked around to the drivers side.

"Why don't you ever let me drive?" Ashton huffed, sitting in the back seat and began to cover himself in the peas once again.

"You have your own car,"

"What's your point?"

"The point is you have your own car."

"Yeah, but you never let me drive yours. Even when I didn't have a car."

"Who cares." Anne shrugged. "The past is in the past! Let it gooooo, let it goooo!" Anne sang, making Ashton's eyes widen in horror.

"Stop it now."

"Why?" Anne asked.

"Because, ew."

"Tell Lauren that."

"You guys should like shut up so I can concentrate." Luke suggested, constantly checking the mirrors.

"I can't feel my face when I'm with you! But I love it!"

"Mum, shut up-"

"-What's that song called? Oh! What's that new Justin Beiber song?"

"What do you mean."

"What?"

"What? What do you mean what do I mean?"

"What's the name of the song? Gosh, Ashton. This whole not listening thing is becoming a real issue." Luke pursed his lips, laughing at what Anne said and Ashton just looked confused.

"I'm lost."

"What is the name of the song? it's a simple question."

"What do you mean," Ashton said slowly, Anne looking like she was ready to slap him upside the head.

"Wow, I thought you were smarter."

"What!" Ashton shouted, finally understanding what she didn't get. "Oh sweet baby jesus, you're the stupid one! The song is called what do you mean, not what do you mean as in I'm confused!"

"Now I'm confused! So, the song is called what do you mean?"

"Yes!" Luke and Ashton shouted in unison.

"Okay.. Well, you could have just said that." Ashton gritted his teeth, because his mother could be so stupid at times.

For the rest of the drive back to Ashton's, everyone stayed quiet and luckily Luke didn't crash from being distracted. And the rest of the day consisted of him and Ashton eating almost 2 cartons of ice cream, Ashton still covered in the peas and he was glad Luke was with him. Today ended up being a pretty decent day. Well, the best one he's had in a long time. Even thought him and Luke had so much stuff to work out between them, they didn't want to have to worry about that at the minute and just wanted to be together.

They'd missed each other too much.

[a/n SWS IN 2 DAYS CAN YOU HEAR ME CRYING. but guys, you can literally call me tarantula now. because my name is tarantula without the 'ntula' so yes. sorry for the shit chapter, I tried to make it as cute and happy as possible. but
of course it's gonna go back down hill again because I'm Tara, it's what I do. ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66K 2.5K 21
Luke Hemmings. Popular, openly gay, excepted, Always happy. Ashton Irwin. Popular yet bullied at home, openly gay, self harm-er, depressed. What...
49.4K 1.6K 25
Ashton Irwin, son of the richest family of the town. Luke Hemmings, the son of Ashton's personal cleaner. Ashton is an asshole to everyone except hi...
602 16 33
"He's just a classmate who talked to me. I shouldn't feel anything. But I do." [Started: Feb 20, 2023] [Ended: April 22, 2023]
9K 494 21
Ashton is in love with Luke. Luke doesn't care. Ashton is left with a broken heart and years of wasted memories. 🌸 #1 in Lashton (May 1st, 2020)