You Know I'm Such a Fool for...

By dinhadb

Vicky is a 17 year old girl who has a dedicated mom, a best friend she loves, Leah, and an ‘almost’ boyfriend... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 5

118K 1.1K 91
By dinhadb

Hey, guys!

Here's another chapter. I hope you like it. :)

Please vote and comment!

Chapter 5

Vicky

I woke up with the sunlight on my face. Dammit, I forgot to close the curtains last night. Since it was Saturday and I didn’t have to go to school, I got up, closed them and went back to bed so I could try to rest some more. That was a good plan. I didn’t get much to sleep at night; there were too many things on my mind. I kept thinking about all that’s going on in my life now. In fact, it all can be resumed in one word. Oliver. I was really odd how a boy who was in my life for less than a month could mess things up the way he did.

First of all, that was the conversation with Adrian. I’m really embarrassed for telling him all these intimate things. I’ve never had that kind of conversation with him and I must tell, I didn’t think I could do it, but at the moment I was so confused and surprised by the fact that Oliver is leaving, that I couldn’t think straight. When he told me Leah wasn’t at home I almost fainted. So, adding my desperation to the fact that Adrian seemed to be really worried, I ended up telling him everything.

It’s a little contradictory, you could tell, because even though it was awkward, I don’t regret telling him my problems. I was quite nervous to talk about my (nonexistent) sex life to a guy, especially Adrian. But to my astonishment, he was pretty nice listening to me; he seemed to understand what I was going through and made me realize how silly I was being without making fun of the whole situation.

My ‘little chat’ with Adrian led me to my second problem: I was mad to myself. I know I liked Oliver, or at least I thought so, but how could I even consider giving up my virginity for him? Yeah, I was pretty sure he had feelings for me was well, but that doesn’t give him the right to act the way he’s acting. Maybe I’m overreacting, but – hey, I’m a teenage girl, I’m aloud to feel a little lost – and that’s just how I feel right now. That was one thing I was sure of, though. I was complete over Oliver. When I thought of him all I could feel was anger.

Since I’m counting, let’s see my third problem – Leah. If I was mad to myself, she would probably lose her mind, and that’s why I can’t tell her what happened. Also, I’m too ashamed to tell what passed through my mind. It was bad enough that Adrian already knew, but at least he was a free mind. Leah, on the other hand, was always the responsible one, what means that she would freak out if I told her about my doubt. Now thinking that way, it was probably better that I talked to Adrian instead… So, when Leah and I talk today – and I know that will be plenty of talk – I’m just telling her that Oliver’s leaving and that we had to break up.

The only problem with that is that I feel really bad for sharing with Adrian a part of my life that Leah doesn’t know about. We’ve been best friends for like our whole lives and I never kept a secret from her. Well, anyway, I made up my mind and deep down inside I know it’s for the best because she would be very very worried with my reaction about Oliver’s request.

Enough problems, right – I wish!

I didn’t even mentioned the biggest one – Him. I still didn’t tell Oliver that I’m not having sex with him. He said that we would talk today. I hope he just calls me. It would be much easier that way, because I’m afraid he gets mad with my refusal. If he shows up here the situation can get pretty bad…

I glanced at my clock. 9:15. With a sigh I realized that my plan of getting some sleep wasn’t working, so I got, brushed my teeth and went downstairs.

Hum… I smelled pancakes. Yummy!

My mom was on the kitchen making breakfast.

“Good morning sweetie!”

“Morning, mom,” I said hugging her.

When the food was ready, we sat and talked. She told me about her work at the hospital and I babbled about school. When we were finished she told me that she needed to work today.

“I’m sorry I can’t spend the day with you, honey.” Honestly, I wasn’t sad, because today is going to be a long day – I need to talk to Leah and tell Oliver the news.

“That’s ok, mom. I need to catch up with Leah anyway. She’s been busy lately with the photography club.” That wasn’t a lie. Leah was in the photography club, so twice a week she needed to go to the meetings.

“Ok, I’ll try to get home early, bye!”

After she left I went to the living room and turned on the TV. I decided I was in the mood for MTV. I didn’t take long till I fell asleep in the couch. When I woke up it was nearly 2 p.m., so I decided to go to Leah’s before she would come looking for me saying how bad I am for letting her curious about my talk to Oliver.

This time, when I rang the bell, she answered the door. Thank god, I thought. I didn’t know if I was ready to face Adrian just yet.

Leah hugged me and asked how I was. I said I was fine e we both went to her room. Once there, there was no way to hold back the storm, “tell me everything” she begged.

“He’s going back to Ireland’, I told her.

“What?” It seems like everybody have the same reaction to that announcement. Well, everybody except Adrian, of course.

“He’s leaving tomorrow.”

“So soon? What happened?” she asked.

“It has something to do with his father’s work.”

“Oh my god, Vicky. I’m so sorry.” She offered.

“It’s ok. I’m not that bad. I think I didn’t like him that much after all.”

“Well, I’m glad to hear that, because that last thing I need right now is a depressed BFF.” After that I tried to change the subject, talking about some projects to school. After a while we went to the kitchen to eat something.

We made tuna sandwiches and were eating when something crossed my mind. What if Adrian tells Leah what happened? I better ask him not to mention anything.

“Where’s Adrian?” I needed to talk to him.

“He said something about a pool party, but with Adrian we can never be sure.” And I had to agree with that.

“What do you think about watch some TV?” Leah asked.

“Sounds good to me.”

We still hadn’t decided what to watch when Adrian arrived. I was a little nervous, but tried not to show.

“Hello, girls.” As usual, he kissed both our foreheads and sat between us, stealing the remote from Leah’s hand.

“How was your party?” Leah asked.

His smile said that he was thinking about private memories. I bet there were girls all over him and he obvious took advantage of that.

“Not so bad.” He finally said, still grinning. Geez, where all the sluts come from?

Leah and I rolled our eyes. Adrian just laughed and put the TV on the weather channel.

“Oh, came on Adrian!”

“Well, well, well. Look what we’ve got here. It seems that there’s going to be a huge storm tonight!

I froze.

Let me tell you a secret. I’m afraid of storms. Like really really afraid. I know. You probably think I’m a fool, but I can’t help it. Every night that there’s a pouring rain, I can’t take the sound of the wind and the trees moving outside the window, so I just run to mom’s bed.

I hate that Adrian knows about my weakness. He found out because there was this night when my mom was working and the storm was pretty bad, so I came here to sleep with Leah.

I glanced at the TV and the woman was explaining how bad it’s gonna be. Oh man…

“Seems like someone’s gonna sleep with their mom tonight.”  He couldn’t lose the opportunity to make fun of me.

“Adrian, don’t you have anything you should be doing.” I asked with annoyance in my voice. My eyes, however, were trying to say that I wasn’t really mad with him. Not after last night.

As if understanding my thoughts, he smiled a breathtaking smile. Wow. He had dimples! I’ve never noticed that. How didn’t I notice them before? It matched perfectly with his deep blue eyes, making a really handsome face.

I blushed when realize what I was thinking. This is Adrian, for crying out loud!! I shouldn’t be thinking that kind of stuff.

“Why are you blushing?” Asked Leah, what made my face to look like a tomato.

“I’m not blushing!” I said defensively.

She raised an eyebrow but didn’t said anything.

At this point, Adrian stood up and went to the kitchen. I followed him.

“Can I talk to you for a sec?” I asked while he grabbed a soda on the fridge.

He turned around and said “everything’s alright?”  There was worry in his eyes.

“Yeah, nothing to worry about. It’s just that, hum… I didn’t tell Leah about what happened, so I was thinking that maybe you could not mention anything?”

“Oh, ok. No problem.”

“Thanks again, Adrian.” He nodded and stared at me for a moment. I didn’t know what to say or do so I just headed back to the living room. Then I remembered that I still had to talk to Oliver.

“Hey Leah, I have to go now.”

“Can’t you just stay a little more” she pleaded.

“I’m sorry, but I have a lot of homework to do, and mom will be home soon.”

“Ok, then. See you later.”

I said goodbye to Adrian as well and went home.

I got a glass of water and leaned on the count thinking what to do now. I decided with was better do call Oliver and get over with it before he showed up.

Just when I grabbed my cell phone, the bell rang.

Since I was alone I answered it. Oh-oh. Too late, I thought. Oliver was standing in my door with a rose in one hand.

“Hey, babe” he said trying to kiss my lips.

I turned my head so he kissed my cheek instead. He must have realized that something was up, because his face hardened.

“We need to talk, Oliver,” I closed the door behind me and walked forward, leaning on my car that was parked in front of the house. There was no way I was gonna let him in. I’m not making the same mistake again.

“So I guess we’re not going out tonight What a euphemism! He just wanted to get in my pants!

“Don’t be mad, Oliver, but I just can’t do it”

“I thought you liked me.”

“I do.” Well, technically it wasn’t true anymore, but I wasn’t saying that. It would just make things worse. “But it isn’t just about that.”

“Our feelings for each other aren’t enough?”

Now I was pissed. How many times do I have to repeat myself so he can understand?

“Oliver, I’m sorry that you’re leaving (and the way things were, that was another lie!), but I won’t do it. I can’t betray myself like that.”

“Betray yourself? Vicky, what are you talking about? It’s not like we don’t know each other.”

Yeah. Like a month is a really long time. “I’m sorry Oliver, but I’m not doing it.”

“Oh, came on, Vicky!” he begged trying to wrap his arms around my waist.

“She said no.”

We both looked at the direction where the voice was coming from. Oh. My. Fucking. God. What is he doing here?

“I think you better back off now, man.” Adrian said getting closer.

“Who the fuck are you?” Oliver asked angrily.

“That’s not what you should be worrying about. You should worry about what I’m gonna do to you if you don’t stop bothering her,” Adrian threatened. He looked furious.

Oliver hesitated. He measured Adrian like he was thinking if he had a chance against him.

Good for me, because there was none. It’s not that Oliver was a small guy, but Adrian was huge! Well, if there was an one-on-one conflict he probably would be able to eat Oliver alive!

“Are you letting he do this to us, Vicky?” Oliver asked, clearly realizing that it was better not to provoke Adrian. Thank god!

“He’s not doing anything to us, Oliver. You are.” I said quietly.

“Unbelievable!” Oliver said, shaking his head. “I can’t believe I lost almost a whole month with you and you are not even grateful that a guy like me would be hanging out with a girl like you.”

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. It made me feel like crap.

I guess the severity of the words hit Adrian as well, because he took two steps forward.

Oliver raised both of his hand in a surrender gesture, and said “You know what, you can keep her. I’m out of here.”  And with that, he entered in his car and drove away.

We both stood there in silence for a while. Adrian seemed to be figuring out what to say and I was trying really hard not to cry. He didn’t even like me after all. He played me the whole time.

In that moment, I just wanted to dig a hole on the ground and stay there for the rest of my days so no one would know about what I’ve just heard. Since Adrian was still speechless, I thought it was better to break the silence.

“I guess I’m not that special after all.” I said in an attempt of making fun of the situation, but failing. I was just too sad to sound even a little funny.

Adrian took my chin in his hand and gently lifted my head so I was looking directly at his eyes. “Don’t let anyone make you believe that. You are an amazing girl. You are beautiful, smart, sensible, funny and someday you'll meet a boy that will know how precious you are.”

His words were more than I could take so I started crying.

“Please, V., don’t cry.” That was a pained expression on his face, but that was the last thing I saw because he pulled me on a tight embrace.

Wow. I was surprised. Not only Adrian was being a total sweetheart, but he also called me ‘V.' No one ever called me that before.... I kinda liked it...

After the first shock, I hugged him back, burying my face in his chest as he started caressing my hair. I felt very secure in his arms, like he was going to protect me from the whole world. My tears were soaking his shirt, but it seemed like he didn’t mind it because we stood like that for a long time, until I started to feel raindrops on my hair.

I reluctantly pulled away to see his face. He smiled at me and I smiled back to let him know I was ok. 

“We should go home now” he said “you’re going to be ok?”

I nodded.

“Ok, then. So I guess I’ll see you later”

“Yeah, bye” I said, and he started do walk away.

“Adrian?” I called and he looked back over his shoulder. “Thank you.”

He just smiled.

I ran back to the house so I wouldn’t get wet from the rain. I headed straight for that couch and waited for another round of tears. They didn’t come. Suddenly I didn’t feel that bad anymore. Oliver was a jerk, but that was the exactly reason why I shouldn’t let his words to affect me.

Later that night, my mom brought us some pizza and we ate while watching a movie.

Just like the weather channel has predicted, the rain was pouring down and I ran to my mom’s bed, where I fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

809 57 16
Alice and Derek are bestfriends. Alice is a 17 year old who loves to have fun but is insecure about herself. Derek is a jock.He is known to play with...
1.5M 37.4K 25
Brooklyn is a sweet and caring nineteen year old werewolf. Her dad is the alpha of the Blue Shadow pack. Brooklyn is his baby and he wants her to be...
242K 4.6K 20
Almost 16 year old Leah expectantly excited for her birthday. Her Sixteenth birthday is special, its when she can look for her mate. She's Nice, Pret...
591K 22.8K 40
Rely only on yourself. This is the rule Ren, an eighteen-year-old werewolf, lives by. Since the early age of ten she has only one goal on her mind;...