Kill or be Killed

By 4444polarbears

the zombie apocolypse is happening and some teens are stuck in the middle of it. drama, lies, tears. Oh, and... More

Kill or be Killed
Meeting Jake
Rude Awakening
I'm Yours
Training Session
The Truth Game
Liar
Surprise
Returning
Cat Fight
Sick of it
Moving On [part two]
Fatal Memories
Clearing things up
sorry and thank you!
Missfortune
Valentines Day

Moving On [part one]

110 1 0
By 4444polarbears

Dedicated to IluvNiall1993 one of our biggest fans :)

Dani's P.O.V.

I woke up abrubtly to the sound of a yelling voice.

"HEY GUYS!?!?" Amarah yelled from downstairs.

I muttered an 'ugghh' and rolled out of bed then made my way to the kitchen where the voice came from. I noticed everyone else was also gathered around.

"What..." I groaned, only half awake.

"We're pretty much out of food. We have a quarter of a box of cereal, one box of macaroni and cheese, some water, and a couple granola bars. Who's going to make the trip to the store?" Amarah asked.

"I'm afraid that's not happening. When I went there last time, I pretty much got everything that wasn't already stale. So there is no more at the store." Replied Jake.

"What are we going to do?" asked Conner, as if we would know the answer.

"Yeah, we can't just starve to death." muttered Collin quietly, but loud enough for us to hear.

"He's right. We are either going to have to eat stale food or find somewhere else to get our food." stated Mya.

"Maybe we could search the neighbor's houses?" Amarah suggested.

"Good plan. Let's eat the remaining cereal and granola bars first then decide who's going where to search." Jake said blankly as me and the others nodded in agreement.

Mya opened the cupboard to take out our breakfast before pouring it into some bowls along with grabbing granola bars. Collin got the water and poured it in cups for us all. Eventually we all had our breakfast of dry cereal, granola bars, and water and began eating.

The silence began to get awkward before Mya spoke.

"So, I was thinking we will head in pairs in about an hour to search the houses for food? Maybe two of us should stay behind to make sure everything is alright. I can go with my brother." She said, glancing at Collin.

"Uh, yeah, I guess I'll go with Conner." Amarah said with a shrug.

"Then I guess Danielle and I will stay behind." Jake replied.

I nodded my head trying not to think about last night.

After a while, we finished eating and began to get a couple things like weapons and small flashlights together, except Jake and I, since we were staying. I have to admit, I was a little excited me and Jake could finally be alone together.

"We're ready!" chimed Amarah, ready to go.

"Alright, see you guys later. Good luck." I replied, mainly directing it toward Amarah.

They all exited as the door shut leaving Jake and I on the couch.

Jake suddenly sighed and closed his eyes a second, before looking at me with his chocolate brown eyes. "I'm sorry Dani." He said.

I sighed too and looked at the ground before he spoke again.

"You were right. I shouldn't have left for so long only to come back with a girl and two guys who happened to be my girlfriend, her ex, and her brother. After everything that happened between us. Not only that, I paid more attention to Mya and always showed affection in front of you, in your house too."

"Mya has been mean to me. I don't like her." I blurted.

"I'm sorry... I'll talk to her." Jake replied.

Just then, we heard a loud moaning noise outside, and not just one. We both looked over at the window to find almost 10 zombies waddling towards the back door. We looked at each other in alarm before grabbing our weapons.

Jake opened the door and I shot a couple in the head with my bow followed by him stabbing a couple more until there was one left. I felt as if it were slow motion. I pulled back my bow to the corner of my mouth. I squinted my eyes just slightly as I aimed. I released the arrow as it flew through the humid air and pierced its skull, right between the eyes. It dropped to the ground, motionless and I lowered my bow to my side, also checking to see if there were more heading our way. There were no more currently that saw us.

~~~

We both sat in silence on the couch, deep in thought.

"You know we can't stay here. It's not safe anymore and we constantly run out of food. We have to find some other place better than here soon." Jake said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah. We can search sometime today or tomorrow, once the others arrive home at least." I replied.

"Mkay."

He yawned and adjusted his position before closing his eyes. I guess he was tired from the whole zombie thing a bit ago. I began to get tired too, and I silently yawned and shut my eyes. I started drifting off to sleep but opened my eyes when I felt a weight on my shoulder. I turned my head slightly, enough to see what it was. Jake was peacefuly asleep with his head on my shoulder, I softly smiled as I finally fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes as I heard the door open and slam shut. I turned my head in the direction of the noise, to see Mya, Amarah, Collin, and Conner standing there with nothing but more cereal, water bottles, and candy. I then looked to Jake to see that he was looking at them too.

"Not much, huh? Actually I was talking to Dani while you were gone, and we think we need to find another place to live soon. Not only is there not much food around here, but while you were gone, around 8, 9, or 10 zombies appeared. It's not safe anymore." Jake said, breaking the silence.

"Oh. Maybe we should gather our belongings and weapons and search for somewhere with less zombies and more food. We have to travel lightly though, we can't be pulling, like, 8 suitcases and be chased by a zombie. It's not going to work that way." stated Collin, as if everyone didn't know that already.

"Well duh Collin, of course we have to travel lightly! We're not stupid. Okay, well maybe Danielle is." Mya stated, glaring at me.

"Watch it, remember you're in MY house here." I replied.

"It doesn't matter WHOSE house i'm in, I can say and do whatever I want!" she replied snotily.

"Oh really? Yeah, um, not without getting kicked out! Be happy I provide you shelter, sleep, food, and drinks. If I wasn't here, you'd be dead now, so be grateful you b-"

"Hey, hey, hey, girls, this is not the time to be bickering, considering we are in the zombie apocolypse. Save it for later." Conner said, cutting me off. Mya and I just glared at eachother and crossed our arms.

"Anyway, let's get our stuff together. Any needed belongings, food, and weapons. Let's go." Jake said. We all obediantly followed his order and scattered around the house packing stuff in backpacks and other bags.

I scanned my closet for what clothes to pack, as my eyes rested on a pink t-shirt. It was the same shirt I wore the day I this whole thing started. The day I met Jake. I stared at the shirt for a while, memories flooding back to my brain. The way he looked, the way he flirted, the...everything. I grabbed the shirt, folded it carefully, and placed it in a special place in my backpack. I then picked out some other clothes and items then shoved them in my backpack.

I jogged downstairs and swung my arrows over my shoulder and grabbed my bow, I was ready to go.

"Hey who's bringing the food!?" I shouted.

"I am!" I heard Jake shout back.

"Okay!" I sat on the couch with my bag and bow.

*********************

Eventually we were all ready with our bags and weapons. We all looked at each other waiting for someone to grab a last-minute item.

"Everyone ready to go?" Amarah asked.

"Yep. Goodbye, old house." I said as I took one last glance at this place.

"Alright. Let's head out." Conner said as he opened the door.

Thankfully, it was daytime so there wasn't nearly as many as zombies around, but still some here and there. Any that got in our way, we would kill. We walked down the blood-stained sidewalk looking around. Out of nowhere, a blue car approched. Zombies can't drive...can they?

The window on the car rolled down as a man's face became visible. "Hey, you kids lookin' for a place to stay?"

"Actually, yeah." replied Collin.

"Well I know a hotel that had about 50 people staying in it. Lots of food, not many zombies. Except recently a large group of zombies invaded and killed all but me, because I escaped before they saw me. By now, i'm sure they've passed through, and the hotel is empty with lots of food and not many zombies, like I said. You kids can stay there, if you'd like. I can give you a ride. What do you say?"

"Well...How does it sound, guys?" Amarah asked. We all nodded our heads in responce. "Alright, We'll go, thank you." Amarah said to the man, as we piled into his car.

The car was a bit messy, and it smelled of cigarette smoke, but it was surprisingly comfortable for just a car, especially during the zombie apocolypse. We later found out that his name was Daryl, and he wore a black leather jacket with no sleeves and carried a crossbow. He had dark hair and a face that did NOT make it seem like he was the type to go to a petting zoo and dress up as a unicorn and ride horses shouting, 'I'm a unicorn! I'm a unicorn!' all while eating strawberry ice cream coverecd in rainbow sprinkles with a butterfly painted on his face. Nope, definitly not the type for that.

Eventually we arrived at the hotel he was telling us about and we stumbled out of the car, which we later learned was a Jeep. He also had a motercycle too, but he's been using a Jeep he found. In addition to the crossbow, he had a few guns.

"So, this is the hotel. Find a room you like, or pick a few. Whatever you'd like. Food's over there, rooms up there. No matter what you do, do NOT go in the elevator. Obviously there is no power. Now go somewhere i guess. I'm going to my room. If you need anything from me, I am in room 142." He then walked off up the stairs as we remained in silence.

"Uhh... we can be two to a room. I'll go with Dani." Amarah said, turning our attention towards her, as I nodded in approval.

"I'll be with Conner." said Collin.

"So I guess that means i'm with Jakeyyy!" Mya said, stretching out the 'y' in 'Jakey' trying to make me jealous. I have to admit, she succeeded, but I wasn't going to show it, so I kept a blank stare.

Afterwards, we headed to find our rooms. Eventually we were all situated and comfortable. Amarah and I talked in our room.

"HEY ANYBODY ELSE HUNGRY!?!?" we heard someone shout from one of the other rooms, as we heard the others shout 'yes'. We all met outside the rooms in the hallway and made our way down the large stairs to eat.

***********

After we ate, we all sat in Conner and Collin's room, which by the way, they were like brothers to me now, we were great friends. Somehow the topic of Jake and Mya came up, and Mya knew what had happened between us before she appeared. Apparently Mya suddenly remebered that and said, "Jake? I've heard everything that has happened between you and Danielle. I can't say I am too happy about it all. Tell me, who do you really love? Me? Or Danielle? Who do you choose?"

My heart raced as he pondered the question.

"I choose..."

~~~~~~~~

[A/N]

Marlee here! I dont know, but it seems like this was a long chapter. If you have ever watched The Walking Dead, you will know Daryl was based off of the character, Daryl. The crossbow, jacket, personality, etc. btw... I wrote this chapter :D well Kaitlyn came up with the birlliant ideas and i wrote it :) who do you think Jake will choose? Mya or Danielle? BAIIIIII :D ~marlee

Looks can be deceiving tehe. Well I hope you like it. It takes a lot to write an awesome chapter in 1 day that's right written in one day. *Virtual high five* xoxo~kaitlyn

Continue Reading