Returning

Dani's P.O.V.

I cry myself to sleep at night, wishing he wasn't a zombie, that he could come back. I let my self shed one last tear before drifting off to sleep.

I woke startled staring off into space. I dream about him every night. About the kiss, most of the time it's us meeting, but last night it was him asking, and me rejecting.

I heard a knock at the door drawing me from my thoughts. I ran swiftly down the stairs to the door. I opened it a crack but fell crying. I've been doing that a lot. I just don't get why my mind is playing tricks on me.

"Oh my god Danielle, are you ok!?"

"Jake?" I questioned.

"Yeah."

Mya's P.O.V.

(Earlier)

We piled into jakes car on our way to jake's.

"Jake, wait. My brother is right there." I practically screamed at the sight of my brother. We let him in and went.

When we passed Jakes house I got confused.

"Jakey, where are we goin?"

"Jakey?" Collin questioned.

"Don't make fun." I replied

Mya's P.O.V.

(Present time)

I stared at the girl Jake was clinging to for dear life.

"I thought you where dead!" She gasped through tears.

"Everybody seems to think that these days." He said winking at me. I didn't like how comfortable he was in the arms of a girl wearing nothing but short shorts and a tank top.

"Umm... Who are these people?" She asked suspiciously.

"Well, this is Mya, my girlfriend that I thought was dead, Her brother Collin, and her ex Connor." He replied. He then added, "Oh and this is Danielle and Amarah, they're.... Friends." He said as he looked at the ground depressed.

"Oh. So that's your girlfriend. Um... Nice to meet you." The girl said blankly.

Dani's P.O.V.

"Hey Jake, come over here please. We need to talk." I said sternly to him as he followed me upstairs.

"Uh yeah?" He questioned.

"Ok, don't get me wrong, I'm really happy you're back and all, but, you leave for a week and come back with 3 strangers in my house, one of which is suddenly your GIRLFRIEND?? Even after the kiss, the flirtiness, you asking me to be your girlfriend, EVERYTHING? And you expect me to be OKAY with it? You are a disgrace." I finished, finally letting out all my thoughts. He just sat there in shock for a couple seconds before he replied.

"Danielle, listen, she was my girlfriend, but I thought she was dead so I moved on, but now that I've found her, I can't say no. And they needed help. I can't just leave them there."

I got mad again how he thought it was perfectly simple and fine.

"JAKE! You AT LEAST should have asked if they could stay! Do you know how awkward it will be between me and your... Girlfriend?" I said with disgust before I continued. "And you lied to me and left for a week, you scared me to DEATH! I can't believe you." I stormed out leaving him there with his jaw dropped.

Jake's P.O.V.

I can't believe it. I guess some of it was true, but they needed help, plus I just got back and she blows up on me. I don't understand girls. I don't know what to do now... I've made her really mad, and maybe even jealous. Not to mention uncomfortable. I feel so bad, but she overreacted too... I just don't know. I decided to just go back downstairs.

"Hey where's max, the dog?"I asked.

"You ate him."Amarah replied like it was nothing.

"I did what."

"Oh yeah your alive, well we saw a zombie eating max that looked exactly like you."

Amarah's P.O.V.

I saw a tear roll down his face, he never cried.

"Explanation?"

"Luke."was all he said before walking away.