One

By LionaAlde

When letting you go is the only way. But having you back is the answer. More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty five
Twenty six
Twenty seven
Twenty eight
Thirty

Twenty nine

4.8K 121 36
By LionaAlde

Jade's POV

I tried to recall my dream and stayed in bed ignoring my stomach.

I stood up, opened my laptop, opened youtube and searched for Jessie J's version of 'We found love' and played it on full volume. I immersed myself to it, danced smoothly to the beat and sang some parts of the song.

I stood up and went to the door going to the veranda. I stared at the beach and at the night sky. I scowled and walked to the veranda. I leaned over and looked down to watch the people at the beach.

I smiled as I saw that there are lots of energy down there. I was scanning the crowd when a pair walking caught my eyes. It was Althea with a foreigner. Althea was laughing at whatever the other girl was saying. The girl put her arm around Althea and kissed her on the side of her head. Then they sat down on one of the tables at the beach.

I can't stop looking. I frowned when I saw Althea seemed to say something serious to the girl. The girl reached out for Althea's hand and just hold on to it. A waiter interrupted them and prolly asked for their orders. The girl then stood up, moved her chair next to Althea and continued talking.

I looked away upset by what I saw. I went back inside and ponder on what is happening. Am I too late on wanting to win her back? Fuck! Is that the reason why when I told her that I already know that she and Riza's over, she didn't even look back and say anything?

I was so mad and frustrated at her! Damn it. What should I do? Should I confront her?

I tried to steady my breathing but the thought of her having a new relationship makes me nuts. I am jealous, of course! I want her back, period.

'You gotta play it right, Jade. Do whatever it takes. Don't let someone get away with your one and only!'

Damn it! I can't think well and I'm starving. Not even music can lift up my dampened mood so I decided to go down and avoided the beach area.

I went to a bar inside the hotel and ordered a margarita, not caring if i'm hungry. While waiting to be served, I looked around and saw several people dancing. The bar is in full swing since it's Friday and everyone seemed to be in a good mood – except me. Then a guy sat down beside me and said hi. He offered me a drink which I politely declined and smiled at the bar tender when she handed me my Margarita. She winked at me and I blushed. She laughed softly and I continued to just enjoy my drink. A girl came and ordered a wine. I looked at her and saw her already looking at me. She said hi and I said hi back.

"You alone?" She said.

"Uhm yeah."

"Would you like to join me and my friends?" She offered.

"Ahm, Maybe next time? Sorry..." I was just not in the mood.

"Sure. Sure. No problem. See you around ahm..?"

"Jade.." I shook her hand and she said her name was Amber.

She left and I gulped down my margarita. I stood up, paid and thanked the bar tender who was extra nice to me. Was she hitting on me? Crap.  

Hungry and feeling the alcohol taking it's toll, I walked over a hotdog stand at the beach and bought one. Ugh, hotdog and margarita. Sheesh!

I walked while eating. I realized i'm getting near where Althea was. I stopped when she suddenly looked up. Our eyes met. I looked away and found myself walking back to the bar. 

Althea's POV

I was bothered by the fact that I'm being affected by her presence. Damn it, Jade. Why do you have to be here. Sigh.

My phone rings.. "Hey there, pretty. I heard you're still here. I just got back from a business trip. Wanna go down and catch up?"

"Era! Hey! Yeah, sure. Meet you in 10? At the lobby?" I fixed my hair, put on some loose powder and went down.

I saw her talking to the manager and smiled at me when she saw me. "Wit whew! Looking good as always, my friend" She kissed me on the cheek and hugged me.

Era owns this secluded beach. I met her on my 2nd week here when I went for a night swimming. I was going back to my chair when I saw her kneeling at the sand looking for something. I asked her what she was looking for and she said she lost one of her earrings. I helped her and after a while, I found it and gave it to her. She was so happy she hugged me. We talked and that's where I found out that she owns this magnificent place. She asked me what I was doing here. I told her my predicament and she was all ears which I totally appreciate.

It was so nice to see her after a week of being on a business trip. While walking towards the restaurant, I asked her about her fiancé Hans and she said that I will finally meet him soon. I told her that I have a problem and that I need her advice. She then put an arm around me and kissed me on the head. We then sat down at their open restaurant and told her about Jade and that she's here. She held my hand and talked about it some more after ordering.

"Okay, so she's here. But you don't want her here? Is that what you're saying?"

"Yes. No! ahh I don't know.. " I said confused. "I'm scared, Era. I don't know.."

"Why? What are you scared of?" She asked gently. "Are you scared of finding yourself falling for her again?"

I just looked at Era and shrugged my shoulders. Then I saw Jade. Our eyes met briefly before she looked away and walked towards the bar. Era noticed and cleared her throat. "Is that her?" Her eyes twinkling.

I blushed and that gave me away.

"Yep that's her.. Why she's gorgeous, Althea!" Era exclaimed. I glanced at the bar and looked back at Era who can't contain herself. She kept on teasing me and suddenly she was serious. "Look.. as a friend, after hearing and knowing your past with her, I believe that you two deserves another chance. She came here to win you, pal.. She even connived with her mother who talked to your mother and flew a thousand miles just to be with you. If you will allow yourself to be scared of your past, you will never move forward." She leaned forward, "I know you came here to think.. let me ask you.. In five weeks, were you able to resolve your problems? No. You were able to dodge them for a while, but eventually, you have to face them. And now, my friend, I think is the time.." She said winking at me. "Don't give me that, 'we-don't-know-each-other-anymore' crap. Please. I can see in your eyes that you still love her. You're just scared. But you see, that was the best part. After all the pain, struggles and hesitations, love –no, true love for the second time, is the greatest." She raised her glass and said, "Cut yourself some slack and give in to true love, pal.. Cheers!" I laughed and thought about what Era said.

Jade's POV

Sigh. No, this won't work. After flirting with the bar tender, I decided that i'll just sleep the night away. Damn it! I don't want to get drunk and make a fool out of myself again. So, while I can still think straight, i'll just go up to my room and sleep. The hell with Althea! She can have fun for all I care. 

The elevator door opened. Before it closes, Someone yelled, "hold the elevator!". I pushed the open button and lo and behold, it was Althea and the foreigner. I stepped all the way at the back of the elevator and waited for them to come in. I saw the foreigner smiled and told Althea that she will just call her. She gently pushed Althea inside and then the elevator door closed.

"Althea--"

"Jade--"

We both said at the same time. "You go ahead" I said.

"Jade we need to talk.. We ahm, wait.. Are you drunk.. again?"

"Wha--? No, I- I drank a little.. but i'm not drunk!"

Ding. Damn. It's already my floor. I need to talk to her. "Would you like to come to my room and talk?" I said, hopeful.

"Jade, we'll talk tomorrow. Ok?" Althea said. 

My heart fell when i heard that. I did not reply and started to walk out swaying a bit. She sighed, held my hands and helped me walked. 

"Give me your key.." I handed her my key and leaned to her. Darn she smells delicious.

She opened the door and let me in. I pulled her in and pushed her on the door. "Jade..." I looked at her lips and then kissed her. I remember her kissing me back which gave me confidence. I put my arms around her and kissed her hard. Then i stopped. I tasted something and it made me stop. I pulled myself and saw tears running down her eyes.

"Althea.. I--" I said panicking. Seeing her crying felt like i was doused with cold water. I held her face and tried to wipe her tears away.

"Jade.. I'm sorry. This is nothing.. I--"  I don't know what to say so i just shushed and hugged her. 

When she calmed down, I sat her down on the sofa. She hid her face on her hands and i waited for her to talk. 

"Jade. I'm sorry about that" She smiled.

I smiled but said nothing. 

"Jade.. can we be friends?" My smile faded and my heart sank.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 576 23
Getting rejected by your fated mate hurts more than when your boyfriend cheats on you with your best friend but we'll move on... hopefully ...
120K 3.8K 52
The desire to find someone who could accept you for who you truly are. Not the people personified you with.......... Can FATE lead you to her? ...
23.8K 1.3K 40
When Devin met Myrtle, Devin didn't want to have any friends, but is soon drawn to Myrtle. She falls in love with her faster than you could say, LOVE...
151K 4.4K 50
-"You sent someone to, to do what exactly? Look after me? To watch what I'm doing and tell you?" -"For the first time in my life...I'm making a choic...