Running Away (Liam Dunbar x R...

By AmyLillian22

After saving her best friend, Liam, and her new friend, Hayden, from the Dread Doctors, she sees the two of t... More

The Story Behind Creating 'Running Away'
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Running Away Series Playlist
Author's Note: 12 years later...

Part 8

4.3K 181 99
By AmyLillian22

Saturday Afternoon

When you woke up, you heard the boys weren't home. You probably thought they went out to do some errands and let you sleep in, which you were grateful for because you wanted to sleep in. It was your day off as there weren't any football games on Friday in America. So, you had the whole day to yourself.

Your mind began to wonder with ideas of what to do today with the boys. You've been here over a week now and the only monument you've seen is the Eiffel Tower. You wanted to see the Notre Dame de Paris and Arc de Triomphe, maybe even spend the day at Disneyland. Sure, you had one back at home, but you knew the Disneyland in Paris was a little bit different.

Your train of thought was broken when you heard the front door unlock, but you didn't recognize the scent. It wasn't Isaac or Jackson. You got up as you heard the door close behind the intruder. You slowly got up from your bed and opened the door, with your senses you realized the intruder was now in the kitchen. You flicked your wrist, trading in your painted nails for sharp claws, and walked against the wall in the hallway. Once you reached the end of the hallway, you would turn around from the corner and hopefully sneak up on the intruder. You took a deep breath, and as you quickly turned into the kitchen a gun was immediately pointed at your face, making you turn into full wolf form. When you looked at the man behind the gun, you recognized the mid-30s man with short medium brown hair and blue eyes.

"Argent?" You retracted your teeth and claws.

"Y/N?!" He removed the gun from your face.

"What are you doing here?" You both asked at the same time, making you both laugh a little.

"I came to visit the boys," he gestured the bag of groceries on the counter top. "Thought I'd surprise them for dinner." You nodded. "You?"

"I live here now," your eyes danced around everywhere in the kitchen but at Argent. You knew he didn't know about your new living arrangements and you most certainly knew he knew you've been "MIA" back home.

Before he could ask you anything else, the boys walked into the kitchen and froze in place the second they saw you in front of Argent with a gun still in his hand.

"Crap," Isaac uttered under his breath, only you and Jackson hearing it. He moved toward you and stood in front of you, sort of protecting you from Argent, even though you both knew he wouldn't harm you.

"As much as I love you kid," Argent looked at you, then back at the boys, "care to explain to me what she's doing here? Especially, since I'm sure you are all very well aware everyone back home is wondering where she is..."

"She didn't want anyone to know where she was," Isaac said. "So we kept her secret."

"So, this is the new roommate you were referring to but didn't want to tell me who," Argent looked at Jackson.

"Yeah," Jackson answered. "In my defense, I didn't give you a name, you just assumed it was Parker, and I let you believe that."

"Well, I like Parker. He's a good guy." Argent randomly mentioned.

Of course Argent would know Parker too, you thought to yourself.

Argent shook his head, "Stop avoiding the question." Argent took a step forward toward you. His actions didn't scare you. He didn't scare you, but you somehow felt the need to hide behind Isaac, because you knew you had to explain the truth to Argent. You weren't ready to tell the same story all over again, as you were afraid it might open old wounds. You didn't want to tell the story, knowing Argent might report it back to everyone back at Beacon Hills.

"She'll tell you, if you promise not to tell anyone." You felt Isaac reaching in for your hand, and you gladly took it, giving it a little bit of a squeeze as a thank you.

Argent noticed the seriousness in Isaac's tone and nodded as he pretended to ignore the fact he's protecting you and the two of you were holding hands.

"She'll tell you during dinner," Isaac turned around to face you. "Is that okay?"

You knew that would be perfect. You knew your story wasn't exactly a dinner conversation, but it would give you the time to shower and at least look somewhat decent and presentable for dinner, instead of a tank top, short board shorts, and hair sticking out from every direction from your messy bun.

You nodded your head, still refusing to talk.

"Okay then," Isaac let go of your hand as he turned back to Argent. "What's for dinner?"

After getting out of the shower and getting dressed, you checked your phone real quick. You noticed a new text message from Stiles. You quickly responded and sent him your daily, 'I'm okay and I'm still alive' message. As you closed your text messages, your phone binged, signaling a new email from Liam.

To: littlebeta2@yahoo.com

From: littlebeta1@hotmail.com

Subject: Day 8

I guess I've always known you were irreplaceable but it never crossed my mind until today. I always knew you'd be my one and only best friend for the rest of my life, as long as we both lived. But today, I found myself trying to replace you and I hated myself for doing it. I didn't even notice it until Hayden pointed it out to me.

When I'm not with her, I'm in your room or at our spot at the park. Today, she asked me where I've been lately the past few days. I didn't want to tell her your room, so instead I told her about the park, the place we go to think. She asked me if I could take her and I said okay.

I took Hayden to the park and the first thing I did was go towards the Merry Go Around, of course. I told her to lie down and just look up the sky. I pushed it around as I walked, making it spin around at a good slow and steady speed, and hopped on. The second I laid down, Hayden said she was feeling dizzy and got off. She sat on the ground and talked about something (I wasn't paying attention.) as I looked up the sky, going round and round in circles. After a few minutes, I realized Hayden was yelling out my name. I didn't even realize I had zoned out on her. She asked me what I was thinking about and why I was just laying there, spinning in circles.

"Y/N and I used to do this," she stayed quiet as I explained. "We'd used to come here, lay down, look up at the night sky, and just think to ourselves. We'd have this unspoken conversation, neither one of us knowing what we were thinking about, but we somehow understood what we were doing and we were connected. It was like a metaphor on our relationship, the merry go around will always keep spinning but as long as we're in it together, we'd handle the ride together."

We got into our first argument after that. She said I was trying to change her into being more like you and trying to replace you with her. I denied it, but she was absolutely right. She's not you and I can't turn her into you. Nobody could ever replace you. There's only one you, and I miss you. No matter how hard I try to get Hayden to do the things we used to do, or get her to like the same movies, shows, and video games we do, she'll never be you. She can never be my best friend. She's only my girlfriend and right now I want my best friend instead. How messed up is that? Most boyfriends would ditch their best friends for their girlfriends. But, I guess, I'm not like most boyfriends, and who would have thought the roles would've been in reversed? I get a girlfriend and you ditched me.

I miss you, Y/N.

-Liam

You wanted to throw your phone against the wall for two reasons. One, he was literally trying to replace you with Hayden. The thought of him trying to get her to be just like you, made you furious. You've always known people would always come into your life, but you knew only certain ones could never be replaced if they left. You began to wonder why Liam couldn't see that. Secondly, he literally figured it out why you left; yet he was still completely oblivious. You were beginning to realize you fell in love with a stupid boy.

You heard a soft knock on your door and before you could ask them to give you a minute, the door opened. You turned around, giving your back to Isaac. You knew it was him the second he walked in. You felt him burning holes on your back. You could smell his anxiety. You pictured his hand running through his short curls, debating how to comfort you or if he should even approach you when you're this furious.

"Isaac," You whispered.

You suddenly felt Isaac right behind you, ready to do whatever you needed. You turned around and locked your eyes with his Arctic blue irises. You saw something you hadn't really noticed before. His eyes were filled with worry and confusion, but underneath all of that, you saw how were soft, gentle, and comforting they were. You didn't want to say it; instead you wrapped your arms around his neck and placed your head at the crook of his neck, taking in the smell of cologne. His arms slowly snaked around at your waist, bringing you to his chest as he tightened his grip, and mirrored your actions by placing his neck at the crook of your neck as well.

For a few minutes, you said nothing to each other, but the way he held you said everything. His tight grip told you he'd never let you go for as long as you need him. The small circles he rubbed on the small of your back with the pad of his thumbs told you he'd always be here to comfort you. The sweet little nothings he whispered against your neck told you he'd always find the right words you wanted to hear. The rhythm of his heart told you he'd always love you. You wanted to stay in this moment forever, because for a second you felt needed, you felt safe, you felt loved.

Isaac pulled his head back and kissed the top of your head. You didn't want him to pull away but you both knew he had to at some point.

"What's wrong?" He whispered softly, hoping he didn't ruin the moment you two just had by bringing up whatever bothered you.

One of your hands slid down to his waist, and the other slid down to the third button of his shirt. You began to fiddle with it, trying to avoid eye contact. "Do you think I'm replaceable?" Your voice cracked from trying to fight back the sob at the back of your throat.

Isaac's hands immediately flew to your cheeks, cupping them gently, and bringing you to look at him. "No," he said honestly. "You are beautiful, kind, and incredibly smart. There's this saying, 'Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart,' and, baby, your light puts the lights and fireworks at the Eiffel Tower to shame. Trust me, I saw it when we took you there on your first night here."

Isaac pulled you in for another hug. "Don't listen to whatever Liam just told you in his latest email." You didn't even tell him but he knew. You didn't know how, but you were glad Isaac did, because you didn't feel like repeating Liam's words. "You are not replaceable. I wouldn't replace you for anyone. No guy should ever replace you."

"Thank you," you whispered back as you leaned your head on his chest and held him tight once more.

"Are you ready for dinner?" He pulled back. "Argent made his famous Chunky Beef Chili."

Your mouth began to water as you remembered how amazing Argent's beef chili was.

Isaac chuckled. "Come on," He grabbed your hand and pulled you toward the kitchen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

922 114 30
*COMPLETED* Two girls find themselves back at Beacon Hills, their childhood home, and discover secrets that weren't shared, such as their one friend...
74.2K 2.9K 37
It's been 18 years since Y/N ran away from home and moved to Paris. Since then, she's been through a lot, including dealing with the death of her lov...
49.8K 1.8K 126
Skylar has been Jacks best friend for 10 years, she catches feelings for him and keeps it a secret for 4 years. Then she meets his friend Zach. And f...
7.3K 291 26
Theo left Beacon Hills after graduation. But on prom night Theo and Liam kissed. It's only been 2 months since he left. But he's all Liam can think a...