CENTURIES, stefan salvatore [...

By voidcaroline

"It's not a crime to love what you cannot explain." [1x09-4x14] [THE VAMPIRE DIARIES] [BOOK 1 IN THE NATALIE... More

Before Reading
Summary + Playlist
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children Of The Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighborhood
Let The Right One In
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying
The Birthday
The Hybrid
The End of The Affair
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Ghost World
Ordinary People
Homecoming
The New Deal
Our Town
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out The Dead
Dangerous Liaisons
All My Children
1912
Break On Through
The Murder of One
Heart of Darkness
Do Not Go Gentle
Before Sunset
The Departed
Growing Pains
Memorial
The Rager
The Five
The Killer
We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes
My Brother's Keeper
We'll Always Have Bourbon Street
O Come, All Ye Faithful
After School Special
Catch Me If You Can
A View to a Kill
Into the Wild
Down the Rabbit Hole

Under Control

87.6K 2.1K 5.8K
By voidcaroline

CHAPTER 10: UNDER CONTROL

(A/N: This chapter is dedicated to the people who commented on the last part. You guys really make me much more confident about my writing, and knowing someone out there enjoys my story makes me so much more inspired. So, thank you guys.)

Somewhere

Natalie POV

Somehow a few people can be so unobservant that no matter what happens they keep making the same mistakes. That's something I never understood. If people do something stupid, then they find out that it was stupid and stop themselves from making the same mistakes. I always thought I'd be one of those who'd learn from whatever they'd done.

Turns out that's not going to happen.

Because for some reason... I was still taking random walks without knowing where I was going. It doesn't matter that I almost died last time.

I'm such a genius. Note the sarcasm.

Turns out I also need a hearing test. Because, for some reason, I couldn't hear the footsteps approaching me.

I only realized it when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

So I flipped him over at the same time as I pulled out a knife from my pocket. I quickly held it against the throat of the invader of my personal space.

"Ow!" Stefan groaned as I held him down.

"Stefan?" I gasped to myself. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Seeing if you were okay..." he trailed off.

My facial expression immediately went sour. "I can take care of myself."

"Didn't seem like that when we got kidnapped." Stefan retorted, and I still held the knife at his throat.

"You did not just go there!" I glared at him.

He could say a lot of things and I wouldn't care. But bringing up moments of weakness, moments where I couldn't protect myself... that was going over the line.

"If you let me get up, I'll apologize." Stefan said,

I rolled my eyes and took the knife off of his throat before grabbing his hand and helping him up.

"Thanks." Stefan brushed the dust off his jacket.

"That was not what you were going to say." I gave him a sour smile.

"I'm sorry for bringing the whole kidnapping situation up." Stefan said guiltily.

"Thanks, but I don't forgive you." I crossed my arms over my chest.

Stefan's eyes widened in disbelief. "Why not?!"

"Because you brought it up! I hate feeling like the helpless victim. I'm not one of those girls. I'm not some girly girl who can't defend herself!" I snapped.

"What kind of girl are you?" Stefan raised an eyebrow.

"Tougher than that." I smiled.

"I can believe that." he stared before his gaze traveled down to my cheek.

"Ehm, you've got something..." he trailed off.

"Oh." I took my hand up to brush on my cheek. "Is it gone?"

"No, I'll do it." he brought his hand up on my cheekbone and brushed it away.

"Thanks." I stared into his eyes.

His posture suddenly went stiff as his breathing got ragged as he clasped his hands together, tightly.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Ehm, I'm- I'm fine." Stefan stuttered.

"You don't seem fine."

"It's just the whole bloodlust thing." he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Right." In case you're confused, Fredrick almost killed Stefan, so Elena came up with the great idea to feed him her blood which he's not used to, seeing as he feeds on animal blood. To be honest, my first thought when I heard this was 'Poor Bambi.'. "How are you about that?"

"As fine as I can be." he kept blinking a lot. "You should go see Elena. See if she's alright."

"Yeah." I looked down for a second. "Good-" when I looked up he was gone. "-bye."

▹▹▹

(A/N: I'm changing the way Elena told Jeremy about her being adopted.)

The Gilbert House

"Do you think we should tell him?" Elena asked me as we were sitting on the couch, watching Jeremy do his homework.

"He's gonna find out sometime." I shrugged.

"Do we tell him both of the things or the you thing or the me thing?" she asked nervously.

"I think the you thing and the me thing goes hand in hand."

"Right."

I sighed and picked myself up from the couch and walked over to Jeremy.

"Hey, Natalie." he half-smiled at me.

"Hey, Jeremy. Elena and I have something to tell you."

▹▹▹

"I just can't believe that Mom and Dad never told you that you were adopted and had a twin sister." Jeremy turned to look at Elena.

We just told him all the me/Elena things that happened. Well, excluding the vampire stuff.

"I'm sure they would have eventually." Elena smiled at her brother.

"Well... I feel like I should say something but I have no idea what to say, so..." I trailed off whilst Jeremy and Elena looked at me in amusement.

"Why were you guys worried about what I thought?" Jeremy asked.

"Because...I don't know. It's weird. Going you're whole life thinking you're related by blood to someone." Elena shrugged.

"And finding out that your big sister suddenly has a twin sister. Wait, does that make you my brother, or not?" I frowned.

"I don't know, I've never exactly gone through this before." Jeremy joked.

"I would have been worried if you have."

"You're my brother, that's all that matters." Elena turned to Jeremy.

Well, that was rude.

"Excuse me, Elena, but we're trying to figure out the answer to an incredibly important question." I feigned seriousness.

"You're wondering if you guys being my siblings make you each other siblings? That's not that much of an important question." Elena frowned.

"It's more important then what most teenagers ask each other!" I exclaimed.

"I'm not going to deny that." Elena shook her head.

"Oh my god, I'm gonna be such a good little sister. I'm already annoying my big sis." I smiled and high fived Jeremy.

"We'll work together." Jeremy smiled.

"I'm not so sure if this was a good idea." Elena eyed us weirdly.

Jeremy and I exchanged incredibly evil smirks.

▹▹▹

The Next Morning

"Come on, Jeremy, Natalie! Going to school! Walking out the door now!" Elena called out.

"Just a second!" I called out as I searched for my jacket in the guest room.

I slept over again. Sue me.

It took me a couple of minutes and almost tearing the room apart for me to remember that I hung the jacket on the railing on the stairs.

"Goddammit, Natalie." I whispered to myself before running down the stairs.

"How long are you staying?" I heard Elena's voice ask someone.

"I don't know yet." an unfamiliar male voice answered.

"Hey, guys." I said, walking towards them as I picked up my jacket.

"And who's this?" the unfamiliar guy asked.

"This is Natalie... Elena's long lost twin sister." Jenna flashed me a smile before her expression went sour as she turned to the man.

"Supposedly we go around telling everyone that now." I muttered to myself and Jenna.

The man was staring at me with wide eyes before glancing between Elena and I. "I'm not just anyone... I'm Elena and Jeremy's uncle. I'm John." he held his hand out for me to shake.

"Ehm, nice to meet you, John." I shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you too, Natalie." he smiled at me.

"Okay, well, we're going to school." Elena said awkwardly as she grabbed my arm. "We'll see you later."

"Bye." I waved before walking out.

▹▹▹

After School

The Gilbert House

Jeremy, John, Jenna and I sat in the kitchen whilst eating and I was noticing how way to many people in this family has names starting with the letter 'J'.

John was telling us about the Founder's Day kickoff party and the importance of the Gilbert family's presence.

"I have no interest in the Founder's Day kickoff party." Jeremy said.

"Sure you do, it's tradition." John retorted.

"It will be our role to break the tradition." Jenna said from behind the kitchen counter as she was throwing some chips in her mouth.

"And I have no tradition to break, because I'm not a Gilbert." I smiled before taking a bite of food.

"Your sister is a Gilbert, which basically makes you a Gilbert." John smiled back at me.

"By that logic you're saying that because Jeremy's mom was a Gilbert then Jenna is a Gilbert." I retorted.

"No, because Miranda's a Gilbert my marriage, Elena's not."

"God, you're good at this." I sighed.

"Anyway," John turned to look at Jeremy. "The Gilberts have been a part of this town for a hundred and fifty years. We're one of the founding families and with that distinction comes certain obligations including going to the party. One day, when you can appreciate the significance, I'll tell you all about your heritage."

"Well, that was some speech." I smiled tightly.

"Hmm, the Gilbert family legacy. I forgot how sacred it was. I'm not a Gilbert so I was never cool enough to hear it." Jenna said slightly sarcastically.

"Well, by John-logic, you are." I smiled.

"I already explained this to you." John sighed.

"You know what you could explain? Why does Jenna hate you?" I frowned.

"We used to sleep together." John said nonchalantly.

I choked on air. I did not expect that. "Okay then."

Jenna quickly threw a bag at John in annoyance. "I'm standing right here!"

"God, your family is weird." I whispered to Jeremy.

"You mean, "Our family"." Jeremy responded.

"Our family." I repeated with a smile.

▹▹▹

The Founder's Party

I walked into the Founder's Party, actually wearing a dress for a change. Elena begged me to let her do my hair, makeup and find a dress. She said that if I didn't agree she'd call Caroline. God, Elena's a clever bitch.

"You look fine." Elena reassured me.

"I know that, I just don't understand why I have to go." I complained.

"You need to socialize, make friends. You need some." Elena gave me a stern look.

"I have friends!" I exclaimed, honestly incredibly offended.

"Name five." Elena tilted her head.

"Caroline, Jeremy-" "Family doesn't count." Elena cut me off.

"Actually, I'm not related to him, so it does count." I smirked.

"Fine, keep going with the list."

"Okay, where was I? Caroline, Jeremy..." I searched through my brain, only to not find any more named. "Ehm... Phyllis, Bob and... Phil." I lied.

"You just made those up." Elena rolled her eyes.

"How delusional can you be? I did not make them up. You've seen them with your own eyes!" I exclaimed.

"No, I haven't."

"Do you need glasses? Jeremy's your brother!" I asked, expressing fake concern.

"I am so done with this conversation." Elena walked into the mansion.

"God, I'm a perfect little sister." I muttered to myself in approval.

▹▹▹

Damon is an evil vampire. By evil, I mean that I want to stick an arrow up his ass.

Do you want to know what he did this time? Of course you do.

He decided that it would be so fun to throw some water at me.

Thankfully it didn't hit my makeup or hair, because, then, Elena would freak out, call Caroline and she would freak out, and then Matt would kill me. You're probably wondering why Matt would kill me. Whenever Caroline gets annoyed or freaks out because of me, she bothers Matt with it.

And Damon didn't even apologize! Well, I guess I shouldn't have expected it. If he didn't apologize for feeding on, and turning my mother, then he wouldn't apologize for throwing water at me.

Thankfully I was wearing a jacket over my dress, so that the jacket got wet. But that's Elena's jacket. Now Elena's going to kill me.

Damon just smirked at me and walked away.

That bastard.

And to make it all better, Matt walked up to me as I was glaring into the air and asked "Did you pee yourself?"

Turns out that Damon threw his water at the lower part of me.

God, I hate that guy.

▹▹▹

These kind of parties suck.

You know, the elite parties. The formal parties. The adult parties.

The people suck.

The food sucks.

The drinks... are actually okay, but that's not the point.

The music sucks.

Well, until a drunk Stefan Salvatore decided to use his compulsion on the DJ.

I was currently humming along with the music as people danced on the dance floor.

"When did this happen?" Matt walked up next to me.

"If you question it, it might og away." I joked.

Matt chuckled before looking between me and the dancefloor. "Do you wanna dance?"

"Oh, god, Caroline's gonna kill me." I smiled before grabbing his hand, dragging him out on the dance floor.

I quickly began dancing like an idiot, because I can't dance at all.

"We should get to know each other better." I commented.

"Really?" Matt questioned.

"Yeah! Caroline's my best friend and you're her boyfriend! We either have to besties or rivals." I smiled.

"Fine, tell me something."

"If you say 'I scream', it sounds like you're saying 'ice cream'." I nodded in complete seriousness.

"I never noticed that!" Matt laughed.

"That's why I said it." I said in a voice that showed the complete obviousness of my statement.

"I think Caroline is calling me." Matt said, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "Yep, Caroline is definetly calling me."

"Go answer it, dumbass." I shoved him away from the dance floor.

As soon as Matt was out of sight, I was pulled next to another one of Elena's guys.

"Please dance with your new alcholic friend." Stefan smiled at me.

"Friend? You really want to take it that far?"

"Frenemy?"

"That's better." I smiled before taking his hand and started dancing idiotically again.

And, as the idiot dancer that I am, I had to bump into some guy.

"Wow, watch it!" he exclaimed, quite rudely if I do say so myself.

"Sorry, man. Kind of a bad dancer." I shrugged sheepishly.

"Then get off the dancefloor!" the man snapped.

"Ehm, what did you just say?" my eyes widened.

"That's no way to talk to a lady." Stefan glared at the man.

The man rolled his eyes at Stefan. "Whatever."

He turned to walk away from us, well, he was going to, but Stefan grabbed his arm harshly and stared straight into his eyes, his own green ones, shining with anger.

"I think you need to apologize." Stefan said angrily, and that's when I realized he was compelling the poor jerk.

"I'm sorry." the man said, but even his monotone voice couldn't hide the fact that he wasn't anywhere near sincere.

He turned to leave again, but Stefan, once again, grabbed his arm.

"Now say it like you mean it." Stefan compelled again.

The man turned towards me again. "I'm really, really sorry."

"Stefan, it's fine, alright? It's nothing!" I exclaimed.

Stefan finally let the man go.

I was about to leave when Stefan grabbed my arm and I saw him gazing at me worriedly. "You okay?"

"Totally fine." I nodded awkwardly.

▹▹▹

Taking breaks are essential to not go insane. If you don't take breaks then everything goes to your head. Your mind gets filled up with new information and it finally just gives you a headache. Or, at least that's how I think it goes. I was never really good with chemestry or whatever that's supposed to be in.

Basically, I was taking a break from all things Mystic Falls as I walked through the hallway of the huge mansion. The peace wouldn't last long, though, as Matt walked up to me, surprisingly quiet.

"Who knew I've been missing all the fun at the founder's parties?" he asked.

"I wouldn't know. New girl, remember?" I retorted.

"Right. But is it bad that I'm enjoying myself?" he smiled at me.

"If you would have asked me thirty minutes ago I would have said yes, but now... no, it's not." I smiled back.

"That's good at least."

"Speaking of good," I smirked at him. "Thanks for making me asking me to dance. I can be kind of a party pooper. Back where I used to live, no one asked me to dance. Probably because I didn't have any friends."

"Wow, I'm sorry. Ehm, why didn't they like you?" Matt frowned.

My eyes widened in offense. "It's not that they didn't like me! It's that they didn't have time to get to know me!"

"Oh my god, I'm sorry!" Matt apologized with wide eyes.

"I'm joking with you." I bumped his arm playfully. "They didn't like me because they thought I was a psycho."

"Why did they think that?"

"Well, I did punch the homecoming queen, the quarterback and the Principal on my first day." I shrugged nonchantly.

"You punched the Principal?!" Matt exclaimed.

"Well, that one was an accident!" I defended.

"Well, I need some air. Care to join me?" he asked.

"Sure, why not?" I shrugged.

"You haven't seen my mom have you?" Matt asked me, obviously worried.

"I try not to."

"Well, you seem fond of her." Matt said sarcastically as we walked outside.

Only for me to see Tyler and Kelly Donovan making out.

"Oh my god. I need to sanitize my eyes." I muttered before Matt saw it.

He ran forth and grabbed Tyler off of his mother. "What the hell are you doing, man?!"

"Matt..." Mrs. Donovan trailed off.

"Mom!" Matt yelled angrily.

Tyler held his hands up, as if he was surrendering. "Woah, dude, calm down."

Matt punched him in the face.

Simple as that.

"Matt!" I yelled out.

Honestly, I'm team Matt. Making out with your best friend's mom. Not cool, bro, not cool.

"Matt, no!" Mrs. Donovan yelled out too.

Tyler quickly punched Matt back, and with the impact Mrs. Donovan fell to the floor dramatically.

Is it bad that I thought it was kind of funny, seeing her fall?

Tyler pushed Matt down on the ground and kept punching him.

"Tyler! Get off him!" I yelled.

Then my dad quickly ran in and pulled Tyler off of Matt and into a wall.

Go Dad!

I quickly ran towards Matt, who's face was covered in his own blood.

Then the Mayor ran towards his son and said thanks to my dad.

I don't like that guy.

I helped a coughing Matt onto a chair and gave him a glass of water.

"Are you okay?" I asked him worriedly.

Matt ignored my question. "Where is she?"

"I don't know, but right now I'm worried about you. Put your head up." I told him as he drank some water, then I took it away from him and decided to start examining his bleeding features.

▹▹▹

After Matt convinced me that he would be okay, I was standing and watching Mayor Lockwood talk to the crowd for some stupid ceremony.

"Thank you all, thank you very much, thank you. Thank you all for joining us tonight in just a few moments we will officially begin the countdown to our upcoming Founders' Day celebration and it's a very special one this year. The one hundred and fiftieth birthday of our town," the Mayor said before a bell was wheeled to him on a table. "And...and I would like to welcome back one of our town favorite's sons to do the honors of ringing our official charter bell. John Gilbert, would you please join me up here?"

John got his applause as he walked up to the stage. "One hundred and fifty years of community, prosperity, family. We take care of each other, we look after each other, protect each other. It's good to be home."

John rang the bell, looking over at me and sending me a small smile.

I smiled back slightly.

I didn't notice Dad and Damon's worried gazes at me, as they had just noticed that his ring was identical to Dad's and they saw the small interaction, and they were not happy.

A/N: I updated! Yay! So, I apologize for any spelling mistakes in this chapter. English isn't my first language and I have to use my parents' computer who doesn't have English spelling check, seeing as I'm Norwegian. But thank you guys for 6k reads, 300 votes and 40 comments! Thank you so much, it means a lot. After this chapter there's only four episodes left in season 1, but I'm really exited for the episode 'Isobel' because it will have this amazingly adorable Stefan and Natalie scene, and I should probably stop writing this before I reveal everything I have planned.

Also, I'm thinking of changing this story to third person, like my Pretty Little Liars story who I personally think is a lot better written. Actually, I think both of my other stories are better written. But if you want me to change it to third person please comment. Because I was thinking that maybe I could do next chapter in third person, and then you can tell me if you want third or first person.

But thanks for reading.

Word count: 3530

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 100 18
"You're the key Georgia, I know you don't realise it but your everything to him" Georgia Gilbert wasn't considered to be the favourite of the Gilber...
527K 11.6K 49
MADNESS.|| BEST RANKING: #1 in thecw #2 in bonniebennett #25 in tvd " it's painful, but we have to leave our past where it is. " |Book One of...
9.5K 421 14
𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑩𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑫 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒'𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑢𝑝 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 �...
1.5M 47K 43
"The worst feeling isn't being lonely. It's being forgotten by someone you would never forget." The Vampire Diaries 2x07 - 4x23 Book 1 of the Audrey...