Checkered Royals [Ciel Phanto...

By sleepy_pandas

•{this is a pretty slow paced story- I personally don't like quick paced ones ^^' and before we start, this i... More

A/N
Chapter 1: A Day Like Any Other
Chapter 2: Letters From Her Majesty
Chapter 3: Declarations and Discussions
Chapter 4: Burning Emblems
Chapter 5: Purple Diamonds
Chapter 6: Lady Midford and Lady L/N
Chapter 7: Sulphuric Curses
Chapter 8: To Finish an Awkward Day
Chapter 9: To The Ball
Chapter 10: Unrequited
Chapter 11: What Is This Feeling?
Chapter 12: Under Bandages
Chapter 13: A Demon Butler and A Demon Master
Chapter 14: Lost Connections
Chapter 15: Thoughts and Feelings
Chapter 16: Devil's Summoning Spirit
Chapter 17: She Knows
Chapter 18: Too Easily Forgiven
Chapter 19: Do You?
Chapter 20: Leaving For Now
Chapter 21 Part 1:A Kept Promise
Chapter 21 Part 2: A Little Bruised
Chapter 23: Confession
Chapter 24: Advice
Chapter 25: Date Number 1
Chapter 26: I'll Protect You
tf.
its the author after years of no updates :)
Chapter 27: Reflection

Chapter 22: All for her

4.9K 210 308
By sleepy_pandas

Ah... So much editing needs to be done >_> and I feel like I need to change Y/N's personal maid's name too, does anyone know Nyo!Italy's human name???

Also, I feel like all these extra characters I made are a bit pointless? Except from Arthur of course- but idk...

Anyway, let's get to this chapter!

•••

Y/N's POV

I sat at my desk, staring at my papers intensely. I couldn't write anything due to my injuries, and it was annoying me. I had to personally sign and write these assessments and whatnot, so I couldn't call Arthur to be my hand for me.

What makes things worse, was that I had a lot of work to catch up on due to the past few days of troubles and problems.

To be completely honest, all of this work had completely slipped away from my mind.

And now- because of Cordelia, I still couldn't be of any use, and am forced to reschedule work for another day.

I sigh in frustration and glare at my bandaged hand which lay lamely on my desk.

"Why now of all times..." I whined, looking back at the papers which sat in front of me.

"Glaring at your papers with that death stare of yours won't make then go away you know," I looked up to see Arthur at my study door, his arms crossed, "I told you to read them so you know exactly what you have to write when your hand is able again."

"What happened to knocking on the door?" I rolled her eyes, "and I've already read them through twice, I'm currently reading them for the third time- I think I know what I must do already."

"If you say so Y/N." Arthur sighed, walking towards me, "not to intrude or anything-"

"Arthur, please," I looked at him knowingly, smiling slightly, "don't you mean you do mean to intrude."

"... Okay, yes, I do mean to intrude," Arthur shook his head, chuckling, "have you decided what your next move will be with the young Earl?"

"Phantomhive? No... Not really... I still don't know if he has told Lizzy yet. And if he has, well... I think she may hate me very much now," Y/N faced the book shelf to her left in guilt, "I feel so bad...maybe if he hasn't told her yet, I could say take back my words and stop him from telling Lizzy..."

"Lady Y/N L/N are you really doubting your decision now? If you truly have feelings for the Earl Phantomhive, then you must follow them! I believe he may be a good influence on you."

"Does he know that I will live as long as a demon Arthur?" Y/N suddenly remembered, "he... He's a demon now... But he's probably expecting me to die off some time in the future."

Arthur shook his head, "stop thinking of ways all of this could go wrong Y/N, there are so many ways this could go right! If you told him that you can live as long as he, then things would be sorted, correct?"

"But what about the companies and repu-"

"Oh for goodness sake Y/N, do those things really matter more than your feelings for the Earl? You'll be living a long life Y/N, you have plenty of time to rebuild those things."

A knock could be heard from the door, and one of the maids, Natalia, peered inside, "Mistress Y/N, someone from the Phantomhive household has called."

"Thank you Natalia," Y/N nodded at the maid, "Arthur can you go and pick it up?"

"Of course Y/N-"

"And Arthur, why are you so good at comebacks?"

"Because I have the truth on my side- and nothing can beat the truth." He smirked before leaving the study room to attend to the telephone.

•••

Ciel's POV

Elizabeth left the manor, a little teary-eyed, but somewhat still happy, but I still couldn't rid of the guilty feeling in my chest.

Was what I did right?

I felt Sebastian's presence beside me as I stared out of the corridor window at Elizabeth's now departing carriage.

"Master, you seem a little distressed," he glanced down at me, that smirk visible on that damn face of his, "might I ask, is it because you're regretting your actions?"

"No. I do not doubt what I've done." I hoarsely replied, beginning to walk to my study, "it's all for her."

"Her?"

"Yes, her, you know who."

"Hm," Sebastian followed me swiftly, "shouldn't you tell her that you've broken the engagement off with Lady Elizabeth?"

I paused. All of this... Was to find out if she truly did love me too. I must find out her final answer.

"Sebastian, I want you to call the L/N household and inform them that we will be there soon."

Sebastian raised an eyebrow, "what if she's busy catching up on her paperwork?"

"I'll still go."

"Impatient as always I see."

"Shut it, I don't need anymore nonsense coming out of your mouth," I snapped, getting annoyed, "I will see her, and tell her everything that's on my mind."

I walked off to my study, but Sebastian did not follow me.

I shut the door behind me as I entered, and sat down in my chair, my head in my hands, my eyes closed. I could feel that stupid Saarath come back to my head again...

"Really Ciel? You really are a fool. "
A fool for her.
"But Ciel... What about me? What about us?" Saarath's foggy figure cleared as she began to talk more.
Why do you keep annoying me with your presence in my mind, pest?
"Pest? You don't really mean that..."
I will banish you from my head. Once and for all.
"Please, you don't know how to do that..."
I've figured it out.
"No you haven't, sweetie. I'll remain here for as long as you live~!"
I won't let you. You plague my head like a virus, I won't let you.
"But here I am still- hehe."
Just you wait. You'll be gone soon.
"Pfft as if... Hm. Well since you're so determined, let's see what you'll try to do."
You'll be gone for real. I just need to see her. I just need to see Y/N. And tell her everything.
"You think she's the key? Don't make me laugh, she's pathetic."
She isn't, she's intelligent, beautiful challenging, sharp... She's everything I need.
"Foolish boy. We'll see."
Indeed.

I opened my eyes again. Saarath has been haunting me ever since I had left that hell in that opening. I just hope that Y/N wasn't suffering in the same way...

I promised to myself that I'll rid of Saarath. And I will. For Y/N...

•••

Sebastian's POV

I turned the dial on the phone precisely, calling the Y/N household. Not soon after, a female voice answered with a harsh greeting.

"Hello? Natalia of the L/N household speaking."

"Good afternoon, my name is Sebastian Michaelis, butler of the Phantomhive household, I'd like to speak with Mr. Kirkland if I may?"

"Of course." Natalia replied, a small thud could be heard as her voice left. I assumed she had placed the phone down momentarily.

I waited for a minute for someone to get back to me, perhaps Arthur was speaking to Lady Y/N. Or maybe working with the other servants.

"Arthur Kirkland speaking," Arthur's voice suddenly said from the telephone, "is this Sebastian?"

"Yes it is. I know it hasn't been too long, but my master is determined to see Lady Y/N as soon as he can, today. He has asked me to inform you that he'll be headed over shortly."

"Hm, I see. Y/N- Lady Y/N, hasn't got much to do anyway, she has only recently sustained an injury to her wrist."

"She has?" I suddenly felt as small urge of concern, this was strange for me, but we were talking about Lady Y/N after all, "I will be sure to wish her well when we arrive."

"And I'm sure she'll appreciate it. I'll see you later Sebastian."

"Likewise, Arthur."

I put down the phone with a soft click, and returned to my master's study.

•••

Y/N's POV

Arthur walked back into my study, a small, somewhat smug, smile on his face, which naturally made me curious.

"Arthur? Who was it from?"

"The Phantomhive manor."

My heart skipped a beat at his answer as I subconsciously leaned forward, "and...?"

"The Earl Phantomhive will arrive here soon Y/N," he turned around to leave again, "and please, don't do anything inappropriate when he does arrive, you're both still too young in my ey-"

I swiftly threw a book at Arthur's head, my face getting redder and redder. I knew he didn't catch it on purpose, but it still made me feel a little less flustered, "S-Stop it Arthur!"

He bent down to pick up the book, chuckling to himself, before walking out, shutting the door after him.

That butler, I swear... He knows just how to make me embarrassed... I wouldn't dare do anything inappropriate whilst Ciel was here.

Well, I wouldn't exactly mind- YN! What's happening to me? Since when did I gain such a perverted mind?

I blame Arthur.

I ran my fingers through my hair, my heart still beating in anticipation. What could Ciel be coming over to tell me? Maybe... Maybe he has already broken off the engagement with Lizzy?

Or perhaps is he coming over to clear his feelings for me, and tell me he doesn't really like me in that way...

I glanced out of the large study window, and noticed how it began to rain slightly, heavy, grey clouds looming over the land threateningly. 

Soon, condensed water appeared on the window, and I couldn't help but want to drag my bare fingers across its surface, drawing in random shapes and words. The wet, cold feeling of the water travelled through the fingertips of my ungloved hand, causing my arm to shiver slightly.

•••

3rd Person

Before long, Y/N's eyes focused on the outside, to see a familiar carriage pull up, a tall figure dressed in black hopping off of the driver's bench elegantly before grabbing an umbrella and opening it swiftly.

He then opened the carriage door, holding the umbrella up for the person inside to climb out. But due to the umbrella's position, her view of the passenger was completely obscured. 

But she already knew who the pair was.

Y/N debated whether she'd go downstairs to greet the visitors there, or to stay in her study until Arthur had brought them up here.

But after thinking about it for a moment, the shame and guilt she was feeling flooded her chest- she wouldn't know what to say to him. It would be awkward, walking all the way up here again, without a word to say.

Especially since she had full knowledge that she was what caused these problems between him and her.

Y/N slipped into her chair again and sighed, side glancing to the window, the droplets of rain gently tapping against the glass as they fell.

Whatever Ciel had to say, Y/N could take it.

A small smile irked on her lips as she heard the light thumping of foot steps from outside the study, where the corridor was.

She could take it.

•••
A/N

I felt so much better when writing the last part for this chapter XD I guess my art block is slowly going away~

My summer is ending in a couple of days, so updating may be even rarer than it already is due to school... But I'll try to continue on with the story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 388 31
(Y/N) was a beautiful girl living in London, England with her mother, father, and maid. They were always happy and guess what? Her father works for...
153K 4.5K 36
|| 𝕳𝖔𝖓𝖔𝖗 || ↬ 『 𝟷𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝙲𝚒𝚎𝚕 𝙿𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚘𝚖𝚑𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝙴𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚊𝚝 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙱𝚞𝚝𝚕𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚜 』 ↬ 10 • 01 • 19...
2.6K 83 22
[COMPLETED] Highest ranking: #1 in sebastianxoc & #1 in blackbutlerfanfic Quinlan Kingston, the black swan of the Phantomhive estate, knows the secre...
244 4 14
"Black Butler: Phantom Bonds" revolves around the intertwined destinies of Ciel and his sister, Countess Amara Phantomhive. As heirs to the illustrio...